View Full Version : barea

Darthkiller
04-18-2010, 11:54 PM
15 min 0-2 1 TO. 0 pt.

why does this guy gets any playing time at all. I know Roddy has no experience, but seriously he cant be worse than what barea is. plus you gonna have to get roddy playoff experience at some point, might as well do it against the spurs.

DJ Mbenga
04-19-2010, 12:01 AM
he raped the spurs last year. carlilse remembers that

badfish22
04-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Barea at SG is unacceptable.

Roddy should be getting some (if not all) of JJ's minutes and a bit of Terrys minutes imo.

badfish22
04-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Barea at SG is unacceptable.

Roddy should be getting some (if not all) of JJ's minutes and a bit of Terrys minutes imo.

Amarelooms
04-19-2010, 12:06 AM
15 min 0-2 1 TO. 0 pt.

why does this guy gets any playing time at all. I know Roddy has no experience, but seriously he cant be worse than what barea is. plus you gonna have to get roddy playoff experience at some point, might as well do it against the spurs.

son all season Mavs fans have been screaming for this midget to get less playing time. The Mavs coach is a moron and continues to play this idiot...we are stuck with him in the playoffs now....hopefully Cuban is smart enough to get rid of his ass in the off-season

:elephant

Ghazi
04-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Carlisle sees things us pedestrians dont :smokin

timvpimp
04-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Carlisle sees things us pedestrians dont :smokin
yeah he only sees the arses of the horses because he sits on the seat riding the cart, we don't see the arses of course. But he cannot tell which horse sucks which doesn't by observing their butts as the anus isn't the part of body normally used in sucking something, it's the mouths of them that Carlisle can't see any.

EmptyMan
04-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Why does he get playing time?

It's a straight up show of ultimate disrespect to throw Little Burrito out there. You know how embarrassing that is for Spurs fan? Cuban knows exactly what he is doing. :bang

monosylab1k
04-19-2010, 09:11 AM
It makes no sense at all. Another retarded coaching move is giving Dampier 30 minutes and Haywood only 18.

Amarelooms
04-19-2010, 09:14 AM
It makes no sense at all. Another retarded coaching move is giving Dampier 30 minutes and Haywood only 18.

WRONG about the second part genius....Damp was balling (besides the FT's) and he is stronger which prevents Duncan from getting deep in the paint. Granted I'd like the playing time b/w them to be about even but Haywood was not playing better on D...which was more impt in the 4th

monosylab1k
04-19-2010, 09:23 AM
WRONG about the second part genius....Damp was balling (besides the FT's) and he is stronger which prevents Duncan from getting deep in the paint. Granted I'd like the playing time b/w them to be about even but Haywood was not playing better on D...which was more impt in the 4th

Haywood had a better +/- and could actually catch the basketball and score with it.

timvpimp
04-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Haywood had a better +/- and could actually catch the basketball and score with it.
The Mavs won the game after all, the win talks loudest. If Mavs lost the game last night, it would be fine for your to give another edition of your inglorious mono rant. I'm sorry but the Mavs didn't lose the game and Dampier played fairly well, so you must be trolling if you are still laying such clueless criticisms. You predicted the Mavs would lose game one IIRC. :p

endrity
04-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Mono, you're wrong about Damp. He is better against Duncan. Timmy easily overpowered Haywood a couple of times. And Damp knows Duncan's tendencies really well from playing him all these years. He doesn't go for the shot fakes, knows when the drop step is coming etc. I know his offense isn't good, but honestly with the other four monsters we have on the court do we need him to do that as well?

Most of the good +/- Haywood got was because he was matched with Blair, and this time he absolutely owned him. Once he extends those long arms he has maybe a foot over Blair, and it showed during their fights for boards. But Haywood will be extremely important with the quicker centers. Stoudemire/Admunson, Nene, Bynum, if we were to play them, will all demand more minutes from Haywood.

As for Barea, whatever! I don't care as long as he doesn't mess up and gives Kidd a breather. With Marion and Butler out there this team is STACKED! I am not one to exaggerate but those guys are playing amazing ball, hustling, defending, getting to the rim. You can't ask for a better pair of complimentary wing players. We don't need Barea to do anything like what he did last year. It would be nice though if he made some impact in a game or two.

boston.balla
04-19-2010, 09:40 AM
lol berea
that midget must own pictures of carlisle and cuban in bed together with a pink elephant :elephant:elephant

Amarelooms
04-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Mono, you're wrong about Damp. He is better against Duncan. Timmy easily overpowered Haywood a couple of times. And Damp knows Duncan's tendencies really well from playing him all these years. He doesn't go for the shot fakes, knows when the drop step is coming etc. I know his offense isn't good, but honestly with the other four monsters we have on the court do we need him to do that as well?

Most of the good +/- Haywood got was because he was matched with Blair, and this time he absolutely owned him. Once he extends those long arms he has maybe a foot over Blair, and it showed during their fights for boards. But Haywood will be extremely important with the quicker centers. Stoudemire/Admunson, Nene, Bynum, if we were to play them, will all demand more minutes from Haywood.

As for Barea, whatever! I don't care as long as he doesn't mess up and gives Kidd a breather. With Marion and Butler out there this team is STACKED! I am not one to exaggerate but those guys are playing amazing ball, hustling, defending, getting to the rim. You can't ask for a better pair of complimentary wing players. We don't need Barea to do anything like what he did last year. It would be nice though if he made some impact in a game or two.

Agree with the 1st part about Damp...see above

Regarding Barea...the biggest issue I have with him is two fold:

1. He makes the offense to stagnant....dribbles way to much...and doesn't pass the pass quickly off pick & rolls when Dirk etc are WIDE OPEN. He waits too freakin long. Why the coaches don't yell at him and tell him to make a quick move and PASS THE BALL I have no idea

2. On D because if his size he is a liability...can't really guard anyone though he will flop and get some charge calls.

Plain and simple this clown is not a backup PG and should get limited if any minutes. If this stupid coach would have played Roddy from day one and not worry about him making rookie mistakes we would be better off now

monosylab1k
04-19-2010, 09:46 AM

I saw Duncan beat Damp plenty of times, especially on p-n-r situations where, despite Duncan being pretty slow himself, he looked like a track star rolling to the basket.

Dampier is solid as a backup but if he's asked to play 30 minutes every night, Dallas will be in trouble.

Barea didn't matter last game, but he will at some point. Dirk isn't going to shoot 12-14 every night. Butler will provide consistent offense to help, but after that who steps up? Terry is inconsistent and unreliable. Kidd only has his 3 point shot. Somebody else will have to step up, and if they're going to rely on JJ Barea for that extra offense, again, this team is in serious trouble.

Booharv
04-19-2010, 10:05 AM
One thing that would aggravate me about Carlisle if I was a Mavs fan--he keeps playing that "hustler" Najera. At least (from a Mav fan perspective) he only played 5 minutes. In the few Mavs games I watched after the trade I wondered why they didn't just play Marion backup PF since he killed in that role with PHX. I know he likes SF but for 10 minutes a game he needs to help his team out. Najera is that token scrub hustler every coach seems to loves, and who is loved by all the retard fans that go to every game and still know nothing about basketball.

Hopefully, he gets 20+ min per game the rest of the series.

timvpimp
04-19-2010, 10:14 AM
I saw Duncan beat Damp plenty of times, especially on p-n-r situations where, despite Duncan being pretty slow himself, he looked like a track star rolling to the basket.

Dampier is solid as a backup but if he's asked to play 30 minutes every night, Dallas will be in trouble.

Barea didn't matter last game, but he will at some point. Dirk isn't going to shoot 12-14 every night. Butler will provide consistent offense to help, but after that who steps up? Terry is inconsistent and unreliable. Kidd only has his 3 point shot. Somebody else will have to step up, and if they're going to rely on JJ Barea for that extra offense, again, this team is in serious trouble.
You haven't seen too much Duncan-Haywood matchup, have you? Duncan is always listed PF but in fact even stronger/tougher than most centers in this league. Haywood has better ambition/movement which often enables him to collect decenter stats, but it doesn't always transform into some positive impact on the game.

At roughly the same size, Dampier is obviously more humped and more of a presence than Haywood is, and I believe it's just for this reason that Dampier is the guy who's able to do a better job than Haywood possibly does in defending Duncan. Duncan only sucks when the opposing is much stronger, while quickness is often useless against Duncan because Duncan himself is slow as fuck hence he never trys beating the opposing D with quickness or something alike.

endrity
04-19-2010, 10:23 AM
You haven't seen too much Duncan-Haywood matchup, have you? Duncan is always listed PF but in fact even stronger/tougher than most centers in this league. Haywood has better ambition/movement which often enables him to collect decenter stats, but it doesn't always transform into some positive impact on the game.

At roughly the same size, Dampier is obviously more humped and more of a presence than Haywood is, and I believe it's just for this reason that Dampier is the guy who's able to do a better job than Haywood possibly does in defending Duncan. Duncan only sucks when the opposing is much stronger, while quickness is often useless against Duncan because Duncan himself is slow as fuck hence he never trys beating the opposing D with quickness or something alike.

Pretty much.

The p'n'r that you talk about Mono had more to do with the good decision making by the Spurs. Haywood wouldn't be able to recover in that situation either.

Look at the blocks Damp had on Duncan, they were not athletic feats by any stretch, simply good anticipation that comes from knowing Duncan's tendencies.

As for who the third scorer will be, well that's supposed to be Terry. And this team is build to rely on that. Clearly if Terry doesn't show up in the playoffs again this team is going nowhere.

monosylab1k
04-19-2010, 10:26 AM
As for who the third scorer will be, well that's supposed to be Terry. And this team is build to rely on that. Clearly if Terry doesn't show up in the playoffs again this team is going nowhere.

I don't see why it has to be like that. Beaubois has every skill necessary to be a scoring option if Terry isn't playing well. Of course, that would require Carlisle trusting Roddy, which ultimately will never happen. It makes no sense at all. He's been a devastatingly efficient scorer all season long, and Rick would rather fall on his own sword than just trust a rookie who, honestly, hasn't made any more mistakes than Jason Terry does on a nightly basis.

And you don't even have to replace Terry. Just Barea. JJ is even more worthless than JET. It makes zero sense, and if the Mavs lose this series and Roddy doesn't get meaningful minutes, Carlisle needs to be fired.

endrity
04-19-2010, 10:37 AM
I don't see why it has to be like that. Beaubois has every skill necessary to be a scoring option if Terry isn't playing well. Of course, that would require Carlisle trusting Roddy, which ultimately will never happen. It makes no sense at all. He's been a devastatingly efficient scorer all season long, and Rick would rather fall on his own sword than just trust a rookie who, honestly, hasn't made any more mistakes than Jason Terry does on a nightly basis.

And you don't even have to replace Terry. Just Barea. JJ is even more worthless than JET. It makes zero sense, and if the Mavs lose this series and Roddy doesn't get meaningful minutes, Carlisle needs to be fired.

I think most fans would have liked to see more of Roddy this season. There are times he seems lost out there though, so it's not automatic that giving more minutes to him would translate to more production.

I honestly think Carlisle has coached an excellent season with all the injuries, the Howard trade distractions, the low moments that team hit during the season. I am not about to call him out on this.

And whether we like it or not, Terry is the third scorer now. If we wanted something different than that had to be prepared during the season. So JET better be practicing his J right about now. Barea, he just needs to give Kidd a breather.

p.s on Terry, he seems like he takes some awful shots lately, completely off rhythm. I don't see him go right like he used to anymore, he is trying to take people off the dribble etc. Some of these struggles are self inflicted I think.

timvpimp
04-20-2010, 05:07 AM

You have to be blinded to say that. Roddy is a better individual than Barea on both ends, which we all have cosigned, Barea is only picked ahead of Roddy because the latter doesn't read the game well. Every time I watch Roddy plays, my memory spontaneously pops up the images of Antony Wright. Barea plays decent offense and more importantly, he's been a Mav for years hence he knows where he can do his best for his team.

As much as you call JET inconsistent, Roddy is even less consistent which is some fact you always tend to ignore. On defense, he's fine and plays solid D all the time, but he can pretty well negate his defensive efforts by missing a bunch of shots in a row on the other end of the floor. You just don't know when he will shine the shit out in offense and when he'll play like Matt Carroll there, so Carlisle sees the better option is keeping some continuous pressure in offense by using Barea and making up his minus by playing harder on the defensive end.