PDA

View Full Version : Great game, Portland

Xylus
04-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Touche, Portland. Well done.

If Portland plays defense like this the whole series, Phoenix is in trouble. Amare was W-O-R-T-H-L-E-S-S tonight.

himat
04-19-2010, 12:28 AM
3 point game...not over yet.

DJ Mbenga
04-19-2010, 12:29 AM
wow nice try. it almost worked

jack sommerset
04-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Walk the Mavs vs Lakers

Xylus
04-19-2010, 12:31 AM
I was being serious. I don't believe in jinxes.

Kai
Oh Hells Yes

wow Andre Miller sounds ghetto as hell

JMarkJohns
The defensive scheme on Amare was beautiful. While neither Aldridge or Camby are great individual defenders in the post, their collective length was almost impossible to combat, and the athleticism of Batum really made bounce passes difficult of pics.

Giuseppe
04-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Giuseppe, him a very happy. Him a stay up late toanight and watch a tape.

Duncan, him a cry, a cry, a cry in a Maryvale toanight.

lil_penny
04-19-2010, 12:33 AM
Great game phoenix.. easily the best game of the playoffs so far.

himat
04-19-2010, 12:33 AM
Walk the Mavs vs Lakers

That video you have is sick! :lol

Xylus
04-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Shoulda lost that last game and taken on Denver. :lol

Lukor
04-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Oh Hells Yes

wow Andre Miller sounds ghetto as hell

Is it just me or does he have a female voice?

mojorizen7
04-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Jump shooting team 0
defensive team 1

I picked SUNS in seven and i'm sticking with it....dubiously.
The SUNS at home in the playoffs since i've been paying attention(the last 25 yrs or so)
= a HUGE FAIL.

Giuseppe
04-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Great game phoenix.. easily the best game of the playoffs so far.

Yes! Couldna't a gott a any a better.

X, you a left wearing a hair coat. You look a fine a honkey lips.

jack sommerset
04-19-2010, 12:40 AM
That video you have is sick! :lol

That's Jack

Ghazi
04-19-2010, 12:43 AM
old PG's reign supreme in WC :lol

Kidd/Fisher/Billups/Miller!

badfish22
04-19-2010, 12:45 AM
Suns still win this series.

badfish22
04-19-2010, 12:45 AM
old PG's reign supreme in WC :lol

Kidd/Fisher/Billups/Miller!

what about ol stevie :depressed

tlongII
04-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Good game Phoenix and Suns fans. I'll probably be an ass during the series, but that's just the way I am. :toast

duncan228
04-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Trail Blazers Coach Nate McMillan: ‘We Came Here To Get The First One’ (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-trailblazerscoachnat)
SportingNews

Nate McMillan had a tough task for Game 1 of the Blazers’ playoff series—preparing his team for the hottest team in the league without its best player, injured guard Brandon Roy. And yet Portland was able to pull off a 105-100 victory, becoming the only team to win a road game so far in these playoffs. Afterward, he talked with reporters, including Sporting News correspondent Chris Casacchia, about the keys to the game and the play of reserve guard Jerryd Bayless (18 points) and point guard Andre Miller (a game-high 31).

Q: Was it a case of you dictating the tempo?

Nate McMillan: I thought we did a good job in the second half, better control of the possessions. We started doing a better job of controlling the ball. (Steve) Nash was doing so good. Fourth quarter we started going to the basket and going to the free throw line. I thought that was the difference in the game.

Q: How important was it to get first one?

NM: We didn’t come here just to get one, we came here to get the first one. This is a tough team; they can shoot that basketball.

Q: Can you talk about the play of Jerryd Bayless?

NM: Martell (Webster), (Juwan) Howard and Bayless gave us something. Bayless had a good rhythm, getting to the free throw line.

Q: Can you describe Andre Miller’s game?

NM: He plays great. It was good basketball ball game for him. Without Brandon (Roy) we’re going through Andre and LaMarcus (Aldridge).

Q: Describe your emotions at the end of the game, with the team missing free throws and the missed dunk by Marcus Camby?

NM: We try to stay calm. You try to remain calm for those guys.

Q: Talk about Camby and the job he did?

NM: Amare (Stoudemire) is the toughest in the post. I thought Camby made him work. I think he didn’t give him anything easy.

pauls931
04-19-2010, 06:33 AM
I'll agree, I can only describe it as a swarming zone from what I saw. I missed the second half fortunately. Gentry and friends better figure out something quick against an vastly undermanned team. Frankly I'd have rather had the Jazz with Okur. Now they have to get one in the Rose garden, yuck.

On the plus side, my vbookie bet that Amare won't score 25.2+ is lookin good.

Banzai
04-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Good game Phoenix and Suns fans. I'll probably be an ass during the series, but that's just the way I am. :toast

true.....true. http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/stanley2.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3103)

barbacoataco
04-19-2010, 11:45 AM
I don't know why people continue to underrate Camby's defense. The guy is a serious defender and his presence on this Portland team is the difference. I've been watching the Blazers for years and they have never had toughness like they have now.

I wish the Spurs had Camby.

TheManFromAcme
04-19-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't know why people continue to underrate Camby's defense. The guy is a serious defender and his presence on this Portland team is the difference. I've been watching the Blazers for years and they have never had toughness like they have now.

I wish the Spurs had Camby.

That would have changed the complexity of your line-up...in a good way. Man, that would have been a great pick up for you guys.

mavsfan1000
04-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Portland is still tough without Roy. I guess there were signs of that when they won against the Zombie Sonics, Lakers and Suns without Roy in the Regular Season.

barbacoataco
04-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Portland is still tough without Roy. I guess there were signs of that when they won against the Zombie Sonics, Lakers and Suns without Roy in the Regular Season.

The Blazers may be better without Roy. He was having a sub-par season anyway. And with Roy, a lot of times the Blazers offense bogs down and players just stand around waiting for him to do something. There is more motion and fluidity when Miller is controlling the offense. Also, Batum is more involved when Roy is out.

JMarkJohns
04-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Blazers are now 2-0 vs. the Suns without Roy when including their December victory, and I believe both Roy-less wins came in Phoenix.

picc84
04-19-2010, 01:39 PM

And when Andre Miller dropped 52 points.

PDXSpursFan
04-19-2010, 01:40 PM
LMAO @ Jason Richardson trying to guard Andre Miller

Giuseppe
04-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Me a now go over to a Sose's Joint to a check a asshoules. chow!

Giuseppe
04-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Me a now go over to a Sose's Joint to a check a asshoules. chow!

They a still a weepin' like a willow over a there.

mavsfan1000
04-19-2010, 01:48 PM
And when Andre Miller dropped 52 points.
Kidd's defense was atrocious that day. But I guess if you don't take Andre Miller seriously, he can burn you.