PDA

View Full Version : Prediction for Game 2

TE
04-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Spurs are going to squeak out a very close game. Nowitzki is going to have the basketball gods behind him (as always). Butler and Marion are going to have subpar games. Kidd is going to play like the scrub shooter he is and have a bad shooting night. JJ barea is going to play good and Jason Terry is going to come back from a subpar game to contribute.

Duncan is going to play similar to how he played in Game one. Ginobili is going to will this team to victory. Parker is going to play well. Jefferson is going to step up (very big if). McDyess is going to bring it. The rest of the Spurs (not including Mason) will play a very good defensive game.

However, note that if the refs call the way they called game one... good defensive is always negated by bad officiating. This might make it seemingly impossible to beat the Mavs.

Nonetheless, Spurs win.

96-93

jermaine
04-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Spurs are going to squeak out a very close game. Nowitzki is going to have the basketball gods behind him (as always). Butler and Marion are going to have subpar games. Kidd is going to play like the scrub shooter he is and have a bad shooting night. JJ barea is going to play good and Jason Terry is going to come back from a subpar game to contribute.

Duncan is going to play similar to how he played in Game one. Ginobili is going to will this team to victory. Parker is going to play well. Jefferson is going to step up (very big if). McDyess is going to bring it. The rest of the Spurs (not including Mason) will play a very good defensive game.

However, note that if the refs call the way they called game one... good defensive is always negated by bad officiating. This might make it seemingly impossible to beat the Mavs.

Nonetheless, Spurs win.

96-93

Pops dumbass is going to tell our bigs to respecting Damp & Heywood like they good offensive players, the basketball gods are going to stop blowing those off blanced bullshit shots in for Dirk, the refs are going to stop calling bullshit fouls on Bonner just cuz he touches Dirks jersey, Pop dumbass might see the need to play Ian on Dirk cuz these short niggas aint cutting in, an last but not least MUTHAFUCKAS WE GONE WIN!

Amarelooms
04-19-2010, 09:53 AM
lol at these homers....good luck though...Spurs have a decent shot of winning game 2...even if they do ya'll will lose at least one at home so no biggie

:elephant

jermaine
04-19-2010, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=Amarelooms;4254665]lol at these homers....good luck though...Spurs have a decent shot of winning game 2...even if they do ya'll will lose at least one at home so no biggie
I wouldn't mind if we lost to Dallas. I just pray if we do Pop gets fired an we hired Avery!

spurspokesman
04-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Not for nothing but I really cant call it. Our spurs have to many inconsistencies to warrant confidence. They can be the best team in the league one night and the west coast new jersey nets the next so its more of A wait and see with me.

u2sarajevo
04-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Where is the obligatory "book it"?

bigdog
04-19-2010, 11:32 AM
I'd like to say the Spurs will come out pissed off and win the game, but in all honesty, it's really a toss-up. I'm hoping the Spurs win, though.

elec99
04-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Two things, albeit big things, have to be fixed:

Turnovers. Although the number of turnovers for both teams are close, the spurs dont get many points off of mav TOs. The mavs DO get points off of spurs TOs.

And Free throws. 34 to 14 attempts? You just cant win. Cant be done. Imagine giving the other team a +20 before a game even starts, thats what this is.

Like manu said, they lost by 6 despite all this. I wouldnt change much in the defensive game plan other than to minimize the amount of times we send them to the line. If dirk can win a game all by himself then I say thats the way it is. Just like with kobe, the lakers are dangerous when all are involved, if kobe wants 80, then let him try. But if we double and open a perimeter shooter, they will make them.

On offense, hill and jefferson will have to show up. You know the mavs who did do poorly will likely do better the next game.

Jimcs50
04-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Spurs 101
Mavs 93