PDA

View Full Version : I Wouldn't want to be

101A
05-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Phoenix right about now as Dallas & Houston each become grizzled and battle-hardened while the Suns haven't been challenged yet, and are relaxing and waiting. That first game is going to be a team in rhythym and pumped vs. a team trying to get its legs back.

CosmicCowboy
05-06-2005, 10:29 AM
This time of year theres a lot to be said about getting some time to rest and get healthy...They've played 86 games together so far...I doubt they are that much out of rhythm or out of shape...plus they have a lot of time to watch game tape and see what the other teams are doing...what works against them and what doesn't...

I think any coach in the league would take Phoenix's position over Dallas/Houstons..

Obstructed_View
05-06-2005, 10:34 AM
The starting 5 for the Suns play more minutes than anyone, so getting a nice long rest here is the best thing for them to make that last push. TMac was telling David Aldridge how tired he is, and it's only the first round. If I were the Suns, I'd take the rust in exchange for the rest.

MadDog73
05-06-2005, 10:39 AM
PHX will need the rest.

Any guess when Game 1 of PHX vs ? will be? Monday? Tuesday?

CosmicCowboy
05-06-2005, 10:44 AM
PHX will need the rest.

Any guess when Game 1 of PHX vs ? will be? Monday? Tuesday?

AZ Republic says probably Monday. It's not scheduled yet.

101A
05-06-2005, 10:58 AM
I think rest is overrated. Getting in rhythym is what it's about. Look at how flat the Spurs were in game 1 against the Nuggs. It had been, what, 3 or 4 weeks since a meaningfull game with anything like a regular rotation. People were rested, but no clicking.

Houston and Dallas either will come out of game 7 with a feeling of confidence and destiny after overcoming that series; Phoenix played a week-a$$ Memphis team that put up less of a fight than Roberto Duran.

Both Houston and Dallas have also won in Phoenix this year - no intimidation.