PDA

View Full Version : Revenge is best served cold

101A
05-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Ahead of myself, but I wanted to be the first to post the eerie similarity

Houston (a relatively low seed) takes out a higher seed in rd. 1, coming from behind, with an all-star 2 guard whom they acquired in a trade for 2 good players, then goes on to meet a heavily favored Phoenix team in round two, beat them & advance to the WCF to face the Spurs....

Useruser666
05-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Isn't Houston and Dallas tied now?

101A
05-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Isn't Houston and Dallas tied now?

It's a prophecy, cut me some freaking slack.

Useruser666
05-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Oh, ok. Slack cut.

ladiesman
05-06-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm rooting for the Rockets, however, I don't think this will happen. Unless Yao shows up and gets his head in the game early, The rockets will be making fishing arrangements by mother's day... Hope I'm wrong though....

ggoose25
05-06-2005, 10:44 AM
i guess im stupid... what is that situatio eerily similar to?

MadDog73
05-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Am I the only one who DOESN'T want to play the Rockets?

Plus, a Mavs / Suns series is too sweet to pass up - Nash vs Dirk!

Go Mavs!

CosmicCowboy
05-06-2005, 10:47 AM
i guess im stupid... what is that situatio eerily similar to?

He's talking about '95...Houston beat the heavily favored Spurs in the finals... :depressed

MiNuS
05-06-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm rooting for the Rockets, however, I don't think this will happen. Unless Yao shows up and gets his head in the game early, The rockets will be making fishing arrangements by mother's day... Hope I'm wrong though....

Yao is SPINELESS!

Rockets can thank T-MAC for being this exciting but get rid of that 3 pointer celebration!

that celebration looks like: when I ask my friend for $5 and he turns me down.
I turn around and make that gesture,except the thumb is over the index finger!

CosmicCowboy
05-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Robert Horry made the exact same sign after hitting a 3 against Denver...and no one is talking about what it "really" stands for...apparently it doesn't mean "A-OK"...:lol...I have my suspicions...

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Both teams are a lot different than the '95 matchup. Spurs would win this one.

I'd love to see the Rockets knock off Phoenix though.

foodie2
05-06-2005, 02:00 PM
I'd love to see the Rockets knock off Phoenix too, and that's the main reason (besides pissing off Mark Cuban) that I want the Rockets to win the Mavs/Rockets series. I don't think the Mavs can beat Phoenix, and I think the Rockets have a shot. The Mavs may play a little more defense than the pre-Avery days, but they're still no great shakes at it. And I think it's going to come down to defense against Phoenix. Even the Mavs aren't going to out-shoot them.

101A
05-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Both teams are a lot different than the '95 matchup. Spurs would win this one.

Am I just to vague? The whole "revenge" thing.

Dre_7
05-06-2005, 02:12 PM

Me too. We already showed that we could take care of DAL and PHX. I want HOU. People are still talking about TMac's however many points in the last 30some seconds in the game earlier. Thats the only Series we didnt win in the season. I would like to crush HOU. But I am not worried about anyone in the west, honestly. I think our toughest matchup was DEN. And we took care of that. We will go to the finals!!!

Go Spurs!

ShoogarBear
05-06-2005, 03:39 PM
As I've said before, we owe Houston big time.

Not just for '95 but also '81.

I want the Rockets.

CosmicCowboy
05-06-2005, 05:14 PM
what hand sign is this?

is it the shocker?

It's kind of like the classic A-OK hand sign...tip of index finger to tip of thumb with the other three fingers extended...but different too...the thumb and index finger don't form as much of a circle but are more flattened together...and the hand is down instead of up...then they wiggle it...watch the game tomorrow and you can't miss it anytime anyone hits a three...I heard the press asking Van Gundy what it meant and he said it was a tradition that went back a few years with the Rockets and had a meaning unrelated to basketball then refused to say anymore and got mad when the press pushed it...I suspect it means something more like..."take THAT you pussies!..."...:lol

milkyway21
05-07-2005, 02:38 AM
It's kind of like the classic A-OK hand sign...tip of index finger to tip of thumb with the other three fingers extended...but different too...the thumb and index finger don't form as much of a circle but are more flattened together...and the hand is down instead of up...then they wiggle it...watch the game tomorrow and you can't miss it anytime anyone hits a three...I heard the press asking Van Gundy what it meant and he said it was a tradition that went back a few years with the Rockets and had a meaning unrelated to basketball then refused to say anymore and got mad when the press pushed it...I suspect it means something more like..."take THAT you pussies!..."...:lol..:huh. and you actually saw Horry did that? :rolleyes

Nasty!

timvp
05-07-2005, 02:44 AM
It's kind of like the classic A-OK hand sign...tip of index finger to tip of thumb with the other three fingers extended...but different too...the thumb and index finger don't form as much of a circle but are more flattened together...and the hand is down instead of up...then they wiggle it...watch the game tomorrow and you can't miss it anytime anyone hits a three...I heard the press asking Van Gundy what it meant and he said it was a tradition that went back a few years with the Rockets and had a meaning unrelated to basketball then refused to say anymore and got mad when the press pushed it...I suspect it means something more like..."take THAT you pussies!..."...:lol

Actually that "hand sign" was "invented" when Jon Barry, Ryan Bowen and Vin Baker when to a strip club earlier in the year. True story.

Use your imagination to fill in the rest of the details.

rayray2k8
05-07-2005, 02:50 AM
damn..
i cant believe people are even ALLOWED to curse in this forum..
well thats cool, i think its fair for people to voice their opinion.
anyways, i think houston SHOULD be able to close out the series, if
they can focus on the task at hand.
My question is, who do you guys think will put up a better fight against
the suns?

Dingle Barry
05-07-2005, 05:51 AM
cursing hurts my feelings