PDA

View Full Version : 2006 all over again

poop
04-19-2010, 12:26 PM
just as i expected 100%, this is why i wanted to avoid dallas at any cost.
the bullshit continues.
here is a typical possesion in this series- 7 foot tall dirk standing around outside, being guarded by someone 6 inches shorter, does a jumpshot then get bailed out and sent to the line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc8D7lbna0o

remember game 3 in 2006? here was Dirt's statline for that little gem:

3-9 FG's
0-0 3pt's
21-24 FT's

duncan in foul trouble early, has to sit. Duncan fouls out of game after Dirt runs over his foot. Mavs win game by one point. :bang

StoneBuddha
04-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Game 3 was gawd awful! I've never hated the NBA more than after that game.

TJastal
04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
I don't know why ppl are arguing about last night's officiating. Dirk drew numerous fouls on Dice, Bogans, Mason Jr, Bonner by just driving the ball straight into them and draw contact, just like the Lebron's, Kobe's, Carmelo's, Durant's all do every night to get to the line.

The spurs responded by getting overly physical, and the refs (correctly) called the fouls. I mean, who's going to get the call when Matt Bonner is almost out to the 3pt line and still pushing and shoving Dirk? And then Bogans using his hands to grab and push Dirk around the neck area.. how are these not fouls?

jestersmash
04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't know why ppl are arguing about last night's officiating. Dirk drew numerous fouls on Dice, Bogans, Mason Jr, Bonner by just driving the ball straight into them and draw contact, just like the Lebron's, Kobe's, Carmelo's, Durant's all do every night to get to the line.

The spurs responded by getting overly physical, and the refs (correctly) called the fouls. I mean, who's going to get the call when Matt Bonner is almost out to the 3pt line and still pushing and shoving Dirk? And then Bogans using his hands to grab and push Dirk around the neck area.. how are these not fouls?

People aren't arguing that Dallas got too many free throws. They're saying that the spurs got too few free throws.

I counted at least 3 occasions where ginobili (once) and parker (twice) were very blatantly fouled and it was a no call.

cherylsteele
04-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Because Timmy does not get that type of respect from the refs, especially yesterday.
I have no problem with the fouls as long as the refs are consistent with them, in game 1 they were very one-sided.

George Gervin's Afro
04-19-2010, 12:41 PM

this

Muser
04-19-2010, 12:42 PM
For fucks sake, stop blaming the refs.

jestersmash
04-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Oh yeah, there was also one very clear instance where timmy was fouled on a shot, but it was a no call. This, however, was an and 1 attempt and he ended up making the basket.

However, there was also one clear instance where Dirk was fouled (and 1 attempt, he made the basket) and it was a no call, so those two are a wash.

It still doesn't change the fact that the spurs got a good 4 to 6 fewer free throws than they clearly deserved in that game.

For a playoff game, that's pretty pathetic.

endrity
04-19-2010, 12:44 PM
As a Mav fan I will admit the foul call at the end of game 3, 2006, was a bad call. Dirk stepped on Duncan. But I dare you to find one call that Dirk didn't deserve last night, both Mason and Bonner did not go straight up in those and one's Dirk hit.

jestersmash
04-19-2010, 12:46 PM
As a Mav fan I will admit the foul call at the end of game 3, 2006, was a bad call. Dirk stepped on Duncan. But I dare you to find one call that Dirk didn't deserve last night, both Mason and Bonner did not go straight up in those and one's Dirk hit.

Dirk deserved all of his calls. That's not the issue.

easy7
04-19-2010, 12:49 PM
The Spurs beat themselves last night. Dallas just watched.

mavs>spurs2
04-19-2010, 12:59 PM

thank you..some of these dumbasses are pretending like a spurs player has never fouled dirk. you guys just have no one to guard him, and whoever ends up with the responsibility just hacks and slaps at him like a pathetic little clown. every foul dirk drew last night was a good one.

jdev82
04-19-2010, 01:04 PM

watch the third quarter. dirks fallaway on bonner. when dirk has his head buried in matts ample bosom, licking his nipples. then fades and an inexplicable foul is called for the and 1

SCdac
04-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Seems more like 2009 all over again... Outside of McDyess' first half production and Jefferson's lone basket, what exactly differentiated our team from last season's team? Mason still sucks, Bonner is still a 3rd big off the bench at best yet playing nearly 20 min, Bogans couldn't hit a shot much like Udoka, Hill wasn't playing when it mattered, Hairston isn't playing but he should, and the one big man who actually blocked a shot (Blair) was glued to the bench for who knows what reason. He can't play with TD? That's bullshit. He'd be a beast out there in the paint, and god forbid we actually have to make Dirk Nowitzki DEFEND and COMMIT FOULS.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2010, 04:03 PM

Those are fouls. I think the problem people have is the seven or eight calls that the Mavs got that were NOT fouls coupled with the seven or eight calls that the Spurs didn't get that WERE fouls.

badfish22
04-19-2010, 04:07 PM

this. Some people just don't get it.

ZB 512
04-19-2010, 04:49 PM
if you want to gauge it by comparing FT attempts...

the Spurs shot more FTs overall in the series than the Mavs did in 06...and Duncan shot more overall FTs in the series than Dirk did in 06...dont let the facts get in your way though

in2deep
04-19-2010, 04:51 PM

the Spurs shot more FTs overall in the series than the Mavs did in 06...and Duncan shot more overall FTs in the series than Dirk did in 06...dont let the facts get in your way though

link?

Morg1411
04-19-2010, 05:06 PM
the spurs beat themselves last night. Dallas just watched.

+1

ZB 512
04-19-2010, 05:09 PM
link?

just look at the box scores from 2006

but of course, the Spurs are entitled to usually have the FT advantage

DesignatedT
04-19-2010, 05:13 PM
although it's pretty stupid to blame refs for a loss and i don't agree with it.. it's hard to overlook the fact that the disparity between the teams is way to high. The spurs were put into the penalty so quick in every single quarter. The spurs had like 4 free throws attempted after the 3rd quarter. That's pretty fuckin ridiculous. Especially when Duncan was playing in the post last night.... Duncan rarely took a jump shot... All his points were from him being aggressive and going to the rim. He should have gotten more free throws throughout the game. especially the first 3 quarters.

but then again... all this doesn't matter when RJ plays like a vagina... If he doesn't contribute on the offensive end we have no chance... especially after seeing hill gimping around the court last night.

poop
04-19-2010, 07:45 PM

the issue though is the timing of it...games 3 and 4 in Dallas, when the Mavs came back enabling them to take a commanding 3-1 series lead, Dirt was almost a nonfactor on the court...but the refs took control of these 2 games by putting Dirt on the line (bailing him out) and never letting the games get away from the mavs.

Game 3 and 4 in Dallas: Dirt 10-21 FGs, yet was given 39 FT attempts. THIRTY NINE!!!!! in 2 critical playoff games the great star Dirt made only 5 FG's per game yet ended both games with 28 points!!!!! this 7-foot jumpshooter being paraded to the line was disgraceful and unprecedented in NBA history for a player of his type, and the mavs ened up winning those games by a total of six points. without the bail-out freethrow parade, the spurs win BOTH those games.

Dallas's 50 FT attempts in game 3 was more than the miami heat shot in ANY game in the final that year, and in fact ive yet to find ANY playoff game in the modern era in which ANY team shot more FT's than dallas did that day.

cornbread
04-19-2010, 07:51 PM
This Spurs team shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the 2006 team.