PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Popovich: Antonis Fotsis Is The Dirk Stopper In FIBA

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Mr. Popovich I just want to say that Antonis Fotsis is the Dirk stopper in FIBA basketball. He has been the one that has been able to defend Dirk in single coverage and shut him down.

It is getting now desperate how Spurs cannot guard Dirk. This is just friendly suggestion for you Mr. Popovich.

s8dvdNby8pA&fmtl=35

Dex
04-19-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm sure Pop will appreciate your suggestion.

Reeko_Htown
04-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Sorry to derail your "euro stopper" thread. David Andersen actually shut him down for us a couple times.

Is Donatas the real deal? What about Vesley?

I can't believe I'm asking you for scouting.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Fotsis is a great defender. Andersen is a very bad one but he has size to help against Dirk.

Motiejunas is very talent player. I would compare him to Troy Murphy of Pacers. He also has very bad attitude and very bad work ethic.

Vesely I think will be awesome player. He is much better player than Rubio for example that NBA idiots drool over. Vesely is best 19 year old player I have seen in Europe since Pau. Vesely I think is much better draft pick.

Darthkiller
04-19-2010, 12:46 PM
i herd montiejunas is not coming out this year

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-19-2010, 12:48 PM
i herd montiejunas is not coming out this year

Well there is no reason for him to. He is just average level player in Italian League and Eurocup (level below Euroleague) for now. He should wait 1 or 2 more years for draft.

endrity
04-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Get the f' outta here with this shit. No one even guards Dirk in FIBA competitions.

He took a team of amateurs to 3rd in the 2002 Worlds and, 3 in 2001 Euro and 2nd in 2005 EuroBasket. Again, a team of amateurs. And he was top scorer in all these competitions. Dirk Stopper, yeah remember that one time Matt Bonner guarded Dirk well in January only to have his ass handed to him anytime it matters.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Get the f' outta here with this shit. No one even guards Dirk in FIBA competitions.

He took a team of amateurs to 3rd in the 2002 Worlds and, 3 in 2001 Euro and 2nd in 2005 EuroBasket. Again, a team of amateurs. And he was top scorer in all these competitions. Dirk Stopper, yeah remember that one time Matt Bonner guarded Dirk well in January only to have his ass handed to him anytime it matters.

In 2008 Olympic qualifiers and 2008 Olympics Fotsis completely shut Dirk down. This is fact. So you can stop your lies.

namlook
04-19-2010, 01:09 PM
In 2008 Olympic qualifiers and 2008 Olympics Fotsis completely shut Dirk down. This is fact. So you can stop your lies.

Post Dirk's stat lines against Fotsis so we can judge for ourselves.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Post Dirk's stat lines against Fotsis so we can judge for ourselves.

2008 Olympics

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olym/men/scheResu/p/eventid/4004/gamename/4/groupname/B/langlc/en/roundid/6450/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

endrity
04-19-2010, 01:42 PM
This is a low even for you. Greece in 05 had by far the best defense EuroBasket had seen in a long time, and they threw it all at Dirk. Who again, plays with amateurs in the national team. In 08, if Dirk hit one more shot he hits 50%. Is that shutting him down? In a tournament in which Dirk and Germans had achieved all they could at that point, reaching the Olympics.

And again you're gonna need more than one game or two. As I said Bonner played a good game once on Dirk in January. So did Ryan Bowen. Get the f' outta here with this bullshit.

endrity
04-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Oh, here goes your FACTS too. With a defense geared to stop him

http://eurobasket2005.fibaeurope.com/en/cid_SbGnUV12IgwUcAUu7UmfU1.pageID_Tw3b5iaSGMcQoW9f HJDFl0.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2005.r oundID_4332.teamID_.gameID_4332-40-A-1.html

In a tournament in which Dirk also did this
http://eurobasket2005.fibaeurope.com/en/coid_dy8NLcUpIqYqy5qCbpGal2.articleMode_on.html

and this

http://eurobasket2005.fibaeurope.com/en/cid_SbGnUV12IgwUcAUu7UmfU1.pageID_og6EOLYsHrMRGTd7 rsxR,3.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2005.h tml

No one has even come close to guarding Dirk in FIBA competition dude. He looks even more PlayStation-ish there with 6'3 defenders trying to guard him at times.

Tmac&Luther
04-19-2010, 01:47 PM
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/308920-kspiess/920/28/facepalm_display.jpg

:sleep

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-19-2010, 02:21 PM
This is a low even for you. Greece in 05 had by far the best defense EuroBasket had seen in a long time, and they threw it all at Dirk. Who again, plays with amateurs in the national team. In 08, if Dirk hit one more shot he hits 50%. Is that shutting him down? In a tournament in which Dirk and Germans had achieved all they could at that point, reaching the Olympics.

And again you're gonna need more than one game or two. As I said Bonner played a good game once on Dirk in January. So did Ryan Bowen. Get the f' outta here with this bullshit.

German national team does not have amateur level players you idiot. They either have professional players or NCAA I players that go to Europe or NBA. Stop making up pure bull shit to make Dirk seem better than he is.

No one will argue the greatness of Dirk but you are just making up shit.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Oh, here goes your FACTS too. With a defense geared to stop him

http://eurobasket2005.fibaeurope.com/en/cid_SbGnUV12IgwUcAUu7UmfU1.pageID_Tw3b5iaSGMcQoW9f HJDFl0.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2005.r oundID_4332.teamID_.gameID_4332-40-A-1.html

In a tournament in which Dirk also did this
http://eurobasket2005.fibaeurope.com/en/coid_dy8NLcUpIqYqy5qCbpGal2.articleMode_on.html

and this

http://eurobasket2005.fibaeurope.com/en/cid_SbGnUV12IgwUcAUu7UmfU1.pageID_og6EOLYsHrMRGTd7 rsxR,3.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2005.h tml

No one has even come close to guarding Dirk in FIBA competition dude. He looks even more PlayStation-ish there with 6'3 defenders trying to guard him at times.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olym/men/scheResu/p/eventid/4004/gamename/4/groupname/B/langlc/en/roundid/6450/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

Like I said, Fotsis shut him down in that game.

Tmac&Luther
04-19-2010, 02:34 PM
The NBA is not FIBA :lmao Dirk would shit all over this guy in NBA competition.

Bob Lanier
04-19-2010, 02:51 PM
NCAA I players
Which is by definition an amateur athletics league.

And considering that Euroleague is an even lower level of competition...

fo'shizzle
04-19-2010, 03:08 PM
sure son, sure...

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Which is by definition an amateur athletics league.

And considering that Euroleague is an even lower level of competition...

So NBA draft picks are amateur level players then right? Germany has "amatuers" like Elias Harris and Robin Benzing which are "amatuers" projected as first round NBA draft picks.

endrity is full of shit and making up nonsense. Plus those German teams he talks about had several NBA level players on them. Hell he had Kaman in 2008 and could not do shit.

Dirk is much better in NBA than in FIBA. Even he is better stats wise.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-19-2010, 03:21 PM
The NBA is not FIBA :lmao Dirk would shit all over this guy in NBA competition.

Nope. Hubie Brown said Fotsis was only player in NBA that could guard Dirk one to one.

rjv
04-19-2010, 03:23 PM
there is not really going to be any one who "stops" him but you can get at least some one who will make him work harder. i believe that with his height and athleticism, splitter could at least be more effective in guarding dirk than any one else we have on our roster at this time.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-19-2010, 03:58 PM
there is not really going to be any one who "stops" him but you can get at least some one who will make him work harder. i believe that with his height and athleticism, splitter could at least be more effective in guarding dirk than any one else we have on our roster at this time.

Splitter can't guard Dirk at all. He is much too slow. Fotsis is best player I can think of to guard him. Spurs should think about it. Dirk embarrasses them every time.

mogrovejo
04-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Fotsis got old in a hurry. Seeing him this season is pitiful. He couldn't defend Brian Scalabrine right now. Is he carrying an injury or something?

KBP, I went to see Pannelinios playing this weekend. They were thoroughly dominated by the two average ACB teams they played, but they actually have some decent players. Old man Roderik Blackney is still a baller, their center, albeit a bit stiff, has some promise in him and it's too bad Devin Smith is so irregular. Could be a solid LEB Oro team.

Anyway, they didn't get the licence C for the next season's Euroleague, meaning we won't have Euroleague games with 300 spectators in the stands.

endrity
04-19-2010, 05:31 PM
Dude, they had players in the Spanish second league. That is amateur-ish for someone playing in a national team.

I gave you another game where Dirk scored inside all he wanted, he just didn't have a great shooting touch from the outside, but please don't tell me that was Fotsis too. You're gonna need more than one semi-bad game from Dirk to prove Fotsis can shut him down. If not, you're just like the Spurs fans who believed Bonner could do a good job on him.

As I said, as good as Dirk is in the NBA, he is even better in FIBA competition. A big man with that shooting touch and mobility in a type of game that requires those two even more than the NBA ---> killer! Dirk in FIBA looks like playing play station. No one comes even close to guarding him.

Son, pay respect to the best European player ever. At this point, even Sabonis is beyond him (because we both know Galis doesn't even deserve to get mentioned in this conversation). He's done it for 10 straight years on the top level of basketball.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Dude, they had players in the Spanish second league. That is amateur-ish for someone playing in a national team.

I gave you another game where Dirk scored inside all he wanted, he just didn't have a great shooting touch from the outside, but please don't tell me that was Fotsis too. You're gonna need more than one semi-bad game from Dirk to prove Fotsis can shut him down. If not, you're just like the Spurs fans who believed Bonner could do a good job on him.

As I said, as good as Dirk is in the NBA, he is even better in FIBA competition. A big man with that shooting touch and mobility in a type of game that requires those two even more than the NBA ---> killer! Dirk in FIBA looks like playing play station. No one comes even close to guarding him.

Son, pay respect to the best European player ever. At this point, even Sabonis is beyond him (because we both know Galis doesn't even deserve to get mentioned in this conversation). He's done it for 10 straight years on the top level of basketball.

Dirk's stats in NBA are > his FIBA stats. Why are you lying about this?

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Fotsis got old in a hurry. Seeing him this season is pitiful. He couldn't defend Brian Scalabrine right now. Is he carrying an injury or something?

KBP, I went to see Pannelinios playing this weekend. They were thoroughly dominated by the two average ACB teams they played, but they actually have some decent players. Old man Roderik Blackney is still a baller, their center, albeit a bit stiff, has some promise in him and it's too bad Devin Smith is so irregular. Could be a solid LEB Oro team.

Anyway, they didn't get the licence C for the next season's Euroleague, meaning we won't have Euroleague games with 300 spectators in the stands.

That is nice. Panellinios owner can buy entire ACB league ten times over except for Barca and Real.

You also guaranteed to Maroussi would have 200-300 fans in Euroleague and they had several games over 5,000. You clearly are biggest dumb ass here in this forum.

I remember you said you would leave the forum if Maroussi got more than 1,000 fans in a Euroleague game. They had several over 5,000. I guess it is time for you to leave the forum.

mogrovejo
04-19-2010, 05:57 PM
That is nice. Panellinios owner can buy entire ACB league ten times over except for Barca and Real.

You also guaranteed to Maroussi would have 200-300 fans in Euroleague and they had several games over 5,000. You clearly are biggest dumb ass here in this forum.

I remember you said you would leave the forum if Maroussi got more than 1,000 fans in a Euroleague game. They had several over 5,000. I guess it is time for you to leave the forum.

Well, he could start by buying himself some better players and pay some fans to see them playing. Maybe then he'd have a team good enough to compete with the lowly ACB teams and not only in the bottom tier Greek League.

mogrovejo
04-19-2010, 06:00 PM

You added this part later. Link?

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Well, he could start by buying himself some better players and pay some fans to see them playing. Maybe then he'd have a team good enough to compete with the lowly ACB teams and not only in the bottom tier Greek League.

You are a moron.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-19-2010, 06:09 PM
You added this part later. Link?

You said it more than one time. You would leave forum if Maroussi got more than 1,000 fans in a Euroleague game. They had 3 I think over 5,000 and one was like 5,700. So why are you still here?

And you told all fans here that Maroussi never got more than 200-300 fans in any game. You lied about it over and over. I have yet to see you apologize for those lies.

Instead you now start the lies against another Greek club. You are obviously just a racist against Greek culture. No other reason for such lies.

mogrovejo
04-19-2010, 06:11 PM
You said it more than one time. You would leave forum if Maroussi got more than 1,000 fans in a Euroleague game. They had 3 I think over 5,000 and one was like 5,700. So why are you still here?

And you told all fans here that Maroussi never got more than 200-300 fans in any game. You lied about it over and over. I have yet to see you apologize for those lies.

Instead you now start the lies against another Greek club. You are obviously just a racist against Greek culture. No other reason for such lies.

Never said such a thing, you're confused. Link?

mogrovejo
04-19-2010, 06:15 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4255871&postcount=74

Spain league is not deep league anymore. You live in past. In fact Italy league is probably deeper than Spain league. Spain league has 5 good teams. That is it. Even Pamesa and Bilbao are not good teams. A team even like Panellinios would crush them rather easily

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/ule...e?gamecode=155 (http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/ulebcup/competition/results/showgame?gamecode=155)

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/ule...e?gamecode=153 (http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/ulebcup/competition/results/showgame?gamecode=153)

Holly cow, this is scary. You write this and one year later Pamesa and Bilbao play Panellinios and obviously beat them easily. Geez, you're the most unlucky predictor I've ever seen in my entire life. It's like you're the anti-Midas of basketball predictions.

endrity
04-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Dirk's stats in NBA are > his FIBA stats. Why are you lying about this?

Holy shit, did YOU write this? KBP? The same KBP that has posted here for years?

How can that be? You've always warned against using FIBA stats as measures of true quality, or comparing them to the NBA ones. You know, the game is shorter, the pace is slower, teams go deep in their bench, all those arguments. Now you say this? Holy cow?

Which by the way isn't true to begin with. Dirk averaged around 25 in all the tournaments he won the MVP (EuroBasket 01, 05, and World 02). Which means, given all the arguments I just mentioned (pace, game length) that he pretty much abuses people in FIBA even worse than he does the Spurs in his best day. As Spurs fans here would testify, that's saying something.

Again get out of here!!!

Bob Lanier
04-19-2010, 07:08 PM
So NBA draft picks are amateur level players then right? Germany has "amatuers" like Elias Harris and Robin Benzing which are "amatuers" projected as first round NBA draft picks.
Until they're actually paid for their services, yes. Again, by definition.

endrity
04-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Until they're actually paid for their services, yes. Again, by definition.

You're assuming KBP has refined intellectual skills to understand that, which by the crap he writes around here isn't proven at all.

ChumpDumper
04-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Fotsis washed out of the NBA about as quickly as Spanoulis.

It's been downhill ever since.