PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Needs To Play Better

Mr.Robinson
04-19-2010, 06:14 PM
In order to win this series. He kept going to his stupid fade away that always gets blocked. He kept getting bullied on rebounds and expecting a foul called. He should know the Mavs are going to get the calls. He needs to man the fuck up and attack. He isn't Dirk he won't get foul calls fading away like Dirk does. He played no D and looked rusty and slow. Manu is important but Tim is the key. He can't let Erick and Haywood outplay him.

DesignatedT
04-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Did you even watch the game?

BanditHiro
04-19-2010, 06:20 PM
wtf haha lol somebody just ban this foo

Sisk
04-19-2010, 06:22 PM
27 points
8 boards

played d

hmm..

Mr.Robinson
04-19-2010, 06:33 PM
wtf haha lol somebody just ban this foo

Did you see his post moves? He airballed and got blocked. He needs to use the left hand.

Mr.Robinson
04-19-2010, 06:34 PM
27 points
8 boards

played d

hmm..

He also had 5 TO's and got bullied.

NewJerSpur
04-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Tim got pretty good position early in the game down low and got some easy buckets as a result....it's was one of the better games he's played in some time with regard to sealing off defenders on the block.

I think the game will be called more evenly which will hopefully motivate him to stay aggressive down there and maybe even get some guys into foul trouble. Damp can bother him when TD's moving latterly and fading away, but he can't stay in front of him without fouling.

ffadicted
04-19-2010, 06:47 PM
His D was passable at best tbh....

12-20 is good stuff though, but he needs more then 8 boards, and way too many easy TOs

jag
04-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Stupid thread

anonoftheinternets
04-19-2010, 06:59 PM
lol obvious troll..

pjjrfan
04-19-2010, 07:17 PM
The Turnovers really hurt, but he got better as the game went along. But Tim has to do what Dirk did for his team, and that is to force them to double him up, last night they pretty much left him alone with Dampier or Haywoode, or Manu has to do that also, but it's more important if Tim brings that kind of attention.

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Duncan can play a lot better..he looked good physically though..

He's gonna have to face-up more though..he was killing them with his face-up game, but Dampier can stop him when he posts up, he's stronger than Tim..he should continue to mix it, but facing up should be his main strategy..

He had 4 unforced, uncharacteristic turnovers though..you don't see Timmy messing up on passes like that very often..Manu had some stupid turnovers as well..

Hopefully he continues to look good physically..

Basileus777
04-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Duncan turned the ball over a ton and could have played better defensively and on the boards. He scored well without drawing double teams, but it was hardly a perfect performance.

duncan228
04-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Mavericks' big men respond to early challenges (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/042010dnspomavericks.34e3057.html)
By Eddie Sefko / The Dallas Morning News

...Dampier and Brendan Haywood provided a solid two-headed attack at the center position. They combined for 15 points and 18 rebounds, and if the Mavericks keep getting that out of their rotating big men, they like their chances in the series.

The biggest part of their job description is to make life miserable for Tim Duncan, although that's kind of an overstatement, Haywood said.

"I don't want to say make life miserable because that disrespecting what he's done over the years, being a [future] Hall of Famer," Haywood said. "But we definitely have two guys who can go in and play him tough. We have a lot of size between us, and I think that's an advantage for us.

"Anytime a guy scores 27 and shoots a good percentage, you can't really say you played him well. We played him tough. But we didn't play him well."

Dampier believes the Mavericks' tandem is capable of wearing on Duncan, mainly because there are two of them and only one of him.

And they play Duncan differently. Dampier is more of a bruiser, trying to physically move the Spurs star a few feet away from the places on the court where he is most effective.

Haywood, a shade taller and with longer arms than Dampier, is more likely to hold his own position and go for the blocked shot.

"A lot of things in this game go unnoticed," Dampier said. "When you make him work hard and put him in different pick-and-rolls and make him fight for position, it just wears him down. Even though he had 27 points, he had to work for those 27 points. Nothing came easy.

"That's what this team depends on me and Brendan for, to go out there and defend and block shots, and when we get the opportunity to score, we score."

As Haywood said, you don't shut down high-quality post players such as Duncan or Yao Ming. But for the most part, Duncan got no cheap baskets.

TinTin
04-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Dampier believes the Mavericks' tandem is capable of wearing on Duncan, mainly because there are two of them and only one of him.

:bang:bang:bang:bang spurs fo

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Duncan needs parker.

fify

Josepatches_
04-19-2010, 10:33 PM
I would be very happy if Duncan can average 27 points with 60% FG in the series.
We need a few more rebounds from him.I'm sure he's not going to have the same numbers of turnovers again.

If he can do that then his numbers will be as good as the championship years.
The problem isn't Duncan or Manu. They can't do everything.

But we only played one game.

Riverwalkman
04-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Yes, Duncan needs to get 54pts and 16rebs, game 1 is one of his worst performances in his career.

senorglory
04-19-2010, 10:51 PM
We just need someone to stay in front of Butler, and give Dirk a few less three point opportunities, and we'll be fine.

We looked good to look so bad, know what I mean?

Mr.Robinson
04-20-2010, 12:16 AM
We just need someone to stay in front of Butler, and give Dirk a few less three point opportunities, and we'll be fine.

We looked good to look so bad, know what I mean?

Someone needs to play KMart D on Dirk. When will the Spurs learn that if you breathe near Dirk a foul will be called? Stop putting your hands up and start hacking him.

kaji157
04-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Duncan has to defend Dirk, i would put him McDyess or Jefferson on Nowitzki.

Why Jefferson, to give him a bog responsability, he seems to play better when he feels he have it, go guard the best players of last game.

Why Duncan, one of the few player that won´t get a lot of BS fouls against him.

Why Dyess, because he was the best defender on Dirk last nite and during regular season.

bigdog
04-20-2010, 01:07 AM
LOL @ this thread. Besides the turnovers, Duncan played pretty damn good. He showed a couple of post moves that looked like the Duncan of old.

DesignatedT
04-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Duncan showed aggressiveness. He will show up. Not worried at all about him. He had a few balls fall right out of his hands which led to some stupid turnovers but that was his only flaw. He was very aggressive from the get go and didn't settle for jumpers... another reason why im surprised he didn't shoot more free throws. I think i saw him shoot 2 or 3 jump shots max. he should have shot a lot more than 5 free throws when hes that aggressive.

TD 21
04-20-2010, 01:45 AM
LOL @ this thread. Besides the turnovers, Duncan played pretty damn good. He showed a couple of post moves that looked like the Duncan of old.

Exactly. Minus the bogus calls, he essentially played Nowitzki to a draw, yet people are acting as if Nowitzki had a historically great performance and Duncan didn't show up. I don't know what's wrong with you people, but like the organization, far too many of you either under-appreciate Duncan or flat out take him for granted.

The Spurs, as I predicted, were overly reliant on the pick-and-roll and didn't go to Duncan enough, particularly in the first quarter. They need to establish him early and often in game two because Dampier, as always, couldn't guard him. I don't want to hear this "he made him work" nonsense. The guy scored on him at will.

TJastal
04-20-2010, 02:00 AM
Duncan can play a lot better..he looked good physically though..

He's gonna have to face-up more though..he was killing them with his face-up game, but Dampier can stop him when he posts up, he's stronger than Tim..he should continue to mix it, but facing up should be his main strategy..

He had 4 unforced, uncharacteristic turnovers though..you don't see Timmy messing up on passes like that very often..Manu had some stupid turnovers as well..

Hopefully he continues to look good physically..

Duncan seemed to lose the ball facing up his man the most last night. 5 turnovers and 4 if not all 5 were from getting stripped or losing the ball after facing up on the elbows.

He seemed to have much better results posting his man with his back to the basket. /shrug

ezau
04-20-2010, 02:04 AM
In order to win this series. He kept going to his stupid fade away that always gets blocked. He kept getting bullied on rebounds and expecting a foul called. He should know the Mavs are going to get the calls. He needs to man the fuck up and attack. He isn't Dirk he won't get foul calls fading away like Dirk does. He played no D and looked rusty and slow. Manu is important but Tim is the key. He can't let Erick and Haywood outplay him.

Duncan was superb. What do you want him to do? Guard Noringski and score 50 points?

Waps1980
04-20-2010, 04:59 AM
Duncan's stats look good but I think he could of played 30% better.
He missed bread and butter shots, had slippery fingers 2 things that never happen hopefully now its out his system he can own it.

guzmangm
04-20-2010, 08:19 AM

:bang:bang:bang:bang spurs fo

Exactly. Answer trade for another 6'8'' to 6'10'' veteran...

DBMethos
04-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Duncan's only big problems in Game 1 were turnovers and lack of rebounding. Other than that he put in a pretty good performance, as did Manu (again, minus the turnovers) and Tony. The problem was EVERYONE ELSE ON THE FRICKIN' ROSTER.

dbreiden83080
04-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Duncan played well offensively in game 1 needs to play better on D but if we as a team can't defend any better than we did in game 1, Duncan can score 35 and bring down 15 a game and it won't matter..

Mixability
04-20-2010, 10:13 AM
seriously?

doobs
04-20-2010, 10:18 AM
One thing I liked was his intensity. There were a few moments when Playoffs Tim showed some emotion.

The problem isn't Duncan or Ginobili. Even with their carelessness, the Spurs could have won had anyone else showed up to play. Parker needs to attack the rim. Hill needs to get healthy. Blair needs to bully Dirk. McDyess needs to hit that 18-footer.

Dirk Whistle hits 85% of his shots, the sloppy turnovers, the lazy rebounding . . . and the Spurs still kept it close. Spurs in 6.

SpurCharger
04-20-2010, 10:24 AM
I thought Tim played pretty Good.....His Only thing I would Improve him on for last game was his Hands were not that good, He dropped a few passes he normally catches.... I Give Him About A B+..... Parker, Hill, Jefferson Need to step it up.....Not to Mention Ginobili Played good In Spurts, But he was turning the ball over and making dumb decisions......

MateoNeygro
04-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Lol NoRINGzki

EricB
04-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Duncan played soft. Wasn't agressive enough on his post moves didn't box out very well and his rotations were slow. Looked good physically but needs to bring in game 2 more...

in2deep
04-20-2010, 11:55 AM
open your eyes spurs fans. Duncan is a shell of himself because of age and wear and tear. He did fine in game 1. Do not expect anything more of him cause he physically cannot do anything more.

That is the reason we got RJ, Dice. Dice is paying off. RJ is sucking Dick

MB3//
04-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Duncan just wasn't sharp. I think he looked pretty good physically, but he made a lot of poor decisions. The good thing is, you know that won't be the case in game 2. I'm more than confident in Tim cleaning up his game and being more focused come game 2.

DontStopBelieving
04-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Dick needs to shoot better.

kace
04-20-2010, 01:02 PM
open your eyes spurs fans. Duncan is a shell of himself because of age and wear and tear. He did fine in game 1. Do not expect anything more of him cause he physically cannot do anything more.

That is the reason we got RJ, Dice. Dice is paying off. RJ is sucking Dick

+ 1

i think that what Tim is able to provide us is still great. no doubt. but he was the biggest reason we were an elite team all these years. he was just over dominant. he's not anymore.

we have manu at full strenght and that is great. we have tony at maybe 80 % and considering his season full of injuries and the latest one at the hand, that's great.

but we definitely need role players to step up on offense. We probably need the big three to score at least 60-70 points at 50 % to have a chance. but that won't be enough.

The domination of Tim was a major part of our success, and it's not here anymore, even if Tim is still one of the best big of the league.

senorglory
04-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Someone needs to play KMart D on Dirk. When will the Spurs learn that if you breathe near Dirk a foul will be called? Stop putting your hands up and start hacking him.

You may be onto something with the 'stop putting your hands up;' Manu was quoted today saying that Dirk starts his shot with this elbow extended, so that if you just put your hands straight up, he'll draw a foul-- says the Spurs need to do a better job of showing their hands.

rayray2k8
04-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Spurs got a spare jersey so you up for it? I'm sure you'd do better....

Fucking moron.

jdev82
04-21-2010, 06:36 PM
duncan needs to be more assertive on the defensive glass. mavs second shot opportunities really hurt us in game 1. if he can have 10 plus offensive boards, or at least keep marion, kidd and those pesky fuckers from getting long rebounds ill be exstatic

rayray2k8
04-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Duncan will get his numbers. Spurs need help outside of the big 3.