PDA

View Full Version : Question For Spurs Fans

And1Mak
04-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Why is it that you guys are no longer any good?
Serious thread.

BlackSwordsMan
04-20-2010, 08:53 AM
2008-2009 2009-2010 first round champions
congrats man

LoneStarState'sPride
04-20-2010, 09:00 AM
11 straight 50-win seasons (including this year), and SA's suddenly "no longer any good"? Maybe by our standards, but definitely not mav fan's.

People get all bent out of shape, but at the end of the day, the mavs simply did what they were supposed to do--hold serve on home court. We played like dog shit, Dirk played like the spawn of hell, and it was still only a 6 point loss. Two days of rest, too?

See ya Wednesday.

benefactor
04-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Their still pretty good, they are just not contenders.

MateoNeygro
04-20-2010, 09:03 AM
I don't know why don't you tell us?

Halberto
04-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Dirk played like the spawn of hell

:lol

Findog
04-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Jesus Christ, this series is far from over. Mav fan need to stop rubbing his dick raw over a 1-0 lead at home when Dirk shot 12-14 from the floor.

Findog
04-20-2010, 09:15 AM
11 straight 50-win seasons (including this year), and SA's suddenly "no longer any good"? Maybe by our standards, but definitely not mav fan's.

People get all bent out of shape, but at the end of the day, the mavs simply did what they were supposed to do--hold serve on home court. We played like dog shit, Dirk played like the spawn of hell, and it was still only a 6 point loss. Two days of rest, too?

See ya Wednesday.

I wouldn't say the Spurs played like "dogshit." Your Big Three shot almost 60% from the floor. Your problem is that with Hill injured, your bench and supporting cast of role players needs to step up to help your big guns, and they didn't do it in Game One.

Giuseppe
04-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Fin, getttin' his stayin' humble on. Yer adorable.

djohn2oo8
04-20-2010, 09:50 AM

Hey Culburn

Giuseppe
04-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Hey Culburn

No a Culburn. This a Giuseppe. I a travel from a Torino Italy to a America. Streets, they a paved of a gold a here,,,Mexicans too. I toss the pizza in the window on a 42nd St, in a New York City. Everybody lookin' a at me, I don't hear a word they a sayin', only the echos of a my a mind.

American girls, they a easy. I a hammer a them like a trout meat. They a shave their a cooters here. It a nice.

nkdlunch
04-20-2010, 11:19 AM

:lmao

obvious isn't it?

Blake
04-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Serious thread.

:lol

TheMACHINE
04-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Serious thread.

cuz they cant overcome Stern and the referee's like they did in 03 05 and 07.

nkdlunch
04-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Serious thread.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae300/Quiet-Strength/0000.jpg

in2deep
04-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Serious thread.

Easy question. Tim Duncan.

And1Mak
04-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Easy question. Tim Duncan.
Interesting. He still seems solid on offense.
His defense has fallen considerably though.
At a time when Dirk was torching Bonner and pretty much every Spur thrown at him, and Pop had to resort to Hack-A-Damp, the supposed all-world defensive PF couldn't even take a turn to guard #41 in game 1...maybe Pop realizes this and doesn't want to give Duncan the assignment of guarding Dirk for fear of embarrassing Timmy's ego...because his physical BBall talent is already starting to fail him?

DAF86
04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Serious question: Which star player that never won 50 games in a season has a championship ring and finals MVP?

Phillip
04-20-2010, 11:48 AM

See ya Wednesday.

yeah. shooting over 50% for a whole game and having your big three score 27, 26 and 18 was playing like shit. :rolleyes

both teams played well in the end. mavs just played a little better.

NRHector
04-20-2010, 11:48 AM
IBTL :ihit

TheMACHINE
04-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Serious question: Which star player that never won 50 games in a season has a championship ring and finals MVP?

is this your answer to the OP's question?

in2deep
04-20-2010, 11:49 AM
At a time when Dirk was torching Bonner and pretty much every Spur thrown at him, and Pop had to resort to Hack-A-Damp, the supposed all-world defensive PF couldn't even take a turn to guard #41 in game 1...maybe Pop realizes this and doesn't want to give Duncan the assignment of guarding Dirk for fear of embarrassing Timmy's ego...because his physical BBall talent is already starting to fail him?

Tim Duncan of now is a shell of Tim Duncan of 1999-2004

If you think about it, Duncan is currently on his 3rd level of play

1999-2004: Level 1: Best PF ever
2005-2007: Level 2: Best big man in the NBA
2008-current: Level 3: A pretty solid but old bigman

Spursfans and even Mavfans refuse to realize this for some reason.

And he did not guard Dirk because we did not want to leave the paint wide open.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-20-2010, 12:05 PM
yeah. shooting over 50% for a whole game and having your big three score 27, 26 and 18 was playing like shit. :rolleyes

both teams played well in the end. mavs just played a little better.

Allow me to clarify.

The Big 3 gave us what we expected. Not much more, and I certainly am not going to disparage those numbers, but well enough to give us more than a legitimate shot at winning.

The rest of the team, however, was abysmal. And last I checked, bball is a 5 man, team sport. If the bench cannot capitalize on a solid game from the Big 3, then Spurs fans have no business bitching about the refs, Dirk, or anyone else, for that matter.

And for the record, even with the good game from Timmy, Tony, and Manu, that doesn't exempt them from their hand in the numerous mindless turnovers the team committed. Timmy fumbling the ball on passes from Tony, uncharacteristically horrific passing from Manu, Tony making decisions far to late into the offensive set, it was all there.

Spurs will be fine in this series, IF THEY PLAY GODDAMN SPURS BALL. Any more shit like Sunday night, and they won't need the refs or the mavs to sweep them from the postseason. A look in the mirror will more than suffice.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 12:07 PM
is this your answer to the OP's question?

No, it's just a question.

Findog
04-20-2010, 12:15 PM

Duncan is still their best shot-blocker, rebounder (if you don't count Blair) and guy you want protecting the rim. If you pull him out to the perimeter to guard Dirk, there is nobody there to protect the paint. The Spurs don't really have any easy answers: staying home on everybody else and letting Dirk "get his" is probably not going to work because they don't have a Shawn Marion, Kenyon Martin, Ron Artest or Kevin Garnett-type that can somewhat contain Dirk.* If they double and triple-team him, that opens up the floor for his teammates. They played him straight up in the first half because they didn't want the other Dallas players to get into a rhythm. Out of necessity it looks like they will have to go to double teams earlier in Game 2.

I suppose if Pop does switch Duncan onto Dirk, McDyess and/or Blair will have to be in the game to man the C position. Not sure how well that would work out. I've seen Duncan occasionally get matched up on Dirk. It's not necessarily an elixir for San Antonio. Duncan isn't that great out on the high post trying to stay with Dirk, plus you risk getting him into foul trouble. Same reason Dirk typically doesn't guard Duncan except for in small stretches.

* Yeah, I know, Dirk has had big games against those guys before.

Muser
04-20-2010, 12:18 PM
He's one of the hardest men to defend in the league, if you give him a tiny bit of room he will drain jumpers all game and if you try to get physical he is a master at getting to the line. You've just gotta double team him and have some damn good rotations.

xellos88330
04-20-2010, 12:23 PM

You forgot the tee, hee.

beallionaire
04-20-2010, 12:52 PM
They were never really good, they were ok, it's just that the Lakers were rebuilding. That's how I see it.

Never really good? Give me a break guy, see you in the playoffs.

beallionaire
04-20-2010, 12:54 PM
No a Culburn. This a Giuseppe. I a travel from a Torino Italy to a America. Streets, they a paved of a gold a here,,,Mexicans too. I toss the pizza in the window on a 42nd St, in a New York City. Everybody lookin' a at me, I don't hear a word they a sayin', only the echos of a my a mind.

American girls, they a easy. I a hammer a them like a trout meat. They a shave their a cooters here. It a nice.

HAHAHA this guys legit

rjv
04-20-2010, 12:55 PM

just a heads up. lakaluva isn't playing with a full deck so it's best to pretty much take his posts with a grain of salt.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 01:07 PM

He doesn't really bealive 90% of what he says in here, he's just trying to troll people but he fails at it.

And1Mak
04-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Tim Duncan of now is a shell of Tim Duncan of 1999-2004

If you think about it, Duncan is currently on his 3rd level of play

1999-2004: Level 1: Best PF ever
2005-2007: Level 2: Best big man in the NBA
2008-current: Level 3: A pretty solid but old bigman

Spursfans and even Mavfans refuse to realize this for some reason.

And he did not guard Dirk because we did not want to leave the paint wide open.
You really a Spurs fan? I'm impressed.
Respect. Thanks for the serious answer in the serious thread.
You guys had a good run, Timmy got ya 4 titles, it's over now.
Nothing wrong with that.
Living in SA, I have pity for the Spurs though.
I have Spurs agents bending over backwards, offering discounts, free private tours of the arena, free rampage tix, etc, to get me to buy some tickets this year.....what's gonna happen when the Spurs are really in trouble and Duncan declines even further?
For being the only show in town (contrast to Dallas), I'm pretty shocked how unfaithful the fan base has been in terms of selling out the arena.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Hey Culburn

A little late there tbh.

Baseline
04-20-2010, 03:34 PM
The Spurs aren't as good these days because Popovich has finally been exposed.

Of all the coaches in the NBA, he gets the least out of his players. A guy like RJ comes in, stays totally healthy all year, plays 82+ games under a "Hall of Fame" caoch, yet Popovich can't get any production out of him.

While Duncan was Duncan and Manu was Manu, Popovich didn't have to do anything but roll out the balls.

Now he has to actually coach, and it's obvious that he has no concept of how to match up with people. Nowitzki has killed us for years, yet his answer is Matt Bonner. That's coaching brilliance.

1. He never plays Theo Ratliff, a true rim protector, then trades him to Charlotte for nothing. Ratliff now starts for Charlotte, the best defensive team in the league.
2. He refuses to play Mahinmi, who is the most athletic big we've had since David Robinson.
3. He benches Bowen last year prematurely, even though he was still shooting 40% from three-point range, then trades him.
4. He benched and traded Bowen because of his nonsensical infatuation with Finley, who should have been forced to retire after the 2007 championship. Still, Pop gave Finley a TWO YEAR contract after the 2008 season, in which it was abundantly clear that he couldn't guard his grandmother.
5. Finley rewards Popovich by asking to be released from the team.
6. He replaces Bowen (the centerpiece) with Keith Bogans, who would have trouble getting time in a YMCA league.
7. He tries to convert Roger Mason to point guard, thereby destroying his shooting confidence, when the entire league knows that Mason can only do one thing anyway, which is shoot. Under Pop's expert tutelage, Mason can no longer shoot.
8. Under Pop's genius system, Richard Jefferson's athleticism has been totally wasted, and he has been reduced to a D-League level player. I can only remember one alley-oop to Jefferson all season long, and that was on an improvised play, not on a play call from Popovich.

Am I getting warm?

Xevious
04-20-2010, 03:58 PM
He doesn't really bealive 90% of what he says in here, he's just trying to troll people but he fails at it.
Fails at it? I'd say he's the most successful troll on this board. He knows what buttons to push and somebody always takes the bait.

ffadicted
04-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Fails at it? I'd say he's the most successful troll on this board. He knows what buttons to push and somebody always takes the bait.

lol.... so true, dumb spurs fans have made luva is a legendary troll

cornbread
04-20-2010, 04:40 PM
We're old, our second highest paid player is Richard Jefferson and Pop loves him some midget ball. Hence, we suck.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 04:52 PM

Only rookies fall for his trolling. Back in the days Lakaluva used to be a Spurs "respecter" and a Mavs basher, now he's the oposite.

ezau
04-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Serious thread.

Why does the Mavs always choke? I mean, I really want to know

SPURSCHAMP
04-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Cause Pop probably dosen't want him leaving the paint and not get fouled out by floppass dirk