PDA

View Full Version : Why the Spurs will not lose another game in this series

etbluffer
04-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Dirk Nowitzki had arguably the best game of his playoff career in Game 1. Caron Butler, the #2 piece to the Washington trade went off for 22 points, and was simply on fire. And of course, the Mavs out shot the Spurs by over 25 shots at the free throw line.... With all this said, the Spurs only lost by six points.

What will happen in Game 2? Dirk will get his. He will score between 20-25 points, but it will not happen in 14 shots. Also, Butler will be challenged to score +20 in this game. I highly doubt it. I also expect the free throw discrepancy to become a little more even, especially with Ginobili and Jefferson becoming more aggressive in Game 2.

Here's the deal Spurs fans, Game 2 is not a must win. As a matter of fact, it's far from it. But I expect the silver and black to come out and out perform the Mavs. Tony Parker will, and should, start this game, and Hill may seem limiting playing time until Game 3 or 4; he needs the rest. Also, I truly believe Blair needs to play more minutes the rest of this series for them to out rebound the Mavs. Expect Blair to receive 15-25 minutes in Game 2, and for it to play dividends.

Prediction for Game 2? Spurs 101 Mavs 91

:whine have one on me!

jack0fspeed
04-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Anyone that thinks this series isn't going 6 or 7 games isn't paying attention.

TJastal
04-20-2010, 02:12 PM

I'll be looking forward to the next "Spurs will not lose another game" thread after they go down 0-2.

jkidd2
04-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Exactly, there no way either team wins in less than 6. Mavs in 6

Bob Lanier
04-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah, that Butler's a scrub.

word
04-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Spurs lose this one in 7. Dallas will make it to the WCF, and be eliminated by the Lakers.

It's all moot.

Kobe -vs- Shaq/Lebron finals. I want to see, you want to see it, everyone wants to see it. It will be done.

Dirkadirkastan
04-20-2010, 02:18 PM
This was not Dirk's best career playoff game, though it was one of his most efficient. Butler shot 8-19, hardly "on fire". Free throw discrepancy was not 25+. It was 20, 14 if you take out the Hack-a-Damp free throws. The final margin was 6, but it was 12 in the final two minutes before the Mavs concentrated on merely running out the clock.

It's not as if the Mavs played a perfect game. 15 turnovers, Terry had 5 points, gave up over 50% shooting. For any bullet point you want to say the Spurs will improve upon, I can counter with one for the Mavs.

jkidd2
04-20-2010, 02:26 PM
This was not Dirk's best career playoff game, though it was one of his most efficient. Butler shot 8-19, hardly "on fire". Free throw discrepancy was not 25+. It was 20, 14 if you take out the Hack-a-Damp free throws. The final margin was 6, but it was 12 in the final two minutes before the Mavs concentrated on merely running out the clock.

It's not as if the Mavs played a perfect game. 15 turnovers, Terry had 5 points, gave up over 50% shooting. For any bullet point you want to say the Spurs will improve upon, I can counter with one for the Mavs.
couldn't agree more

etbluffer
04-20-2010, 02:27 PM
I can honestly say, and believe, the Mavs played their best game of this series. And the Spurs, far from it.

Sisk
04-20-2010, 02:29 PM
It'll go to 6, and I'm taking the Spurs in the series

Shank
04-20-2010, 02:29 PM
I can honestly say, and believe, the Mavs played their best game of this series. And the Spurs, far from it.

Lottery numbers?

TheRealCB
04-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Dirk Nowitzki had arguably the best game of his playoff career in Game 1. Caron Butler, the #2 piece to the Washington trade went off for 22 points, and was simply on fire. And of course, the Mavs out shot the Spurs by over 25 shots at the free throw line.... With all this said, the Spurs only lost by six points.

What will happen in Game 2? Dirk will get his. He will score between 20-25 points, but it will not happen in 14 shots. Also, Butler will be challenged to score +20 in this game. I highly doubt it. I also expect the free throw discrepancy to become a little more even, especially with Ginobili and Jefferson becoming more aggressive in Game 2.

Here's the deal Spurs fans, Game 2 is not a must win. As a matter of fact, it's far from it. But I expect the silver and black to come out and out perform the Mavs. Tony Parker will, and should, start this game, and Hill may seem limiting playing time until Game 3 or 4; he needs the rest. Also, I truly believe Blair needs to play more minutes the rest of this series for them to out rebound the Mavs. Expect Blair to receive 15-25 minutes in Game 2, and for it to play dividends.

Trying too hard to convince yourself?? :sleep

And you forgot terry's 5 points,I guess it was also his best game so far... And your spurs shooting above 50%...How convinient :toast

lurker
04-20-2010, 03:02 PM
http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/12/Lions%20Still%20Believe.png

41times
04-20-2010, 03:11 PM

On the other side of the coin........

Jet Terry won't miss every shot, The Matrix will score more. Haywood will get more minutes and Roddy B might play.
So while i agree Dirk will score around 25. Jet, Matrix and Haywood and Bobo will all score 15 more points. So the Mavs will break 100 again.

and Timmy and Manu can't play much better or more minutes. So unless Bonner, Mason and Hill step up, the Spurs are Toast.

G-Dawgg
04-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Maybe "Spurs won't WIN another game..."

Lukor
04-20-2010, 04:01 PM
OP doesnt realize this: Playoffs are a game of adjustments.
Pop will probably send much more double teams in Dirks way while Mavs will be better at dealing with Ginobili(as they were in the 2nd half for example).
Does it even out? I dont know, but i do know this:
It's foolish to assume that the other team's best players are going to fall off and yours are not. That is the absolute best case scenario and rather unrealistic either way.

tdunk21
04-20-2010, 04:03 PM
am sure spurs will not turn it over like they did in game 1 and commit less fouls...apart from that i am sure dirk will not go 12-14 again....spurs in 7...

spurs10
04-20-2010, 04:05 PM
As I've had to point out before, calling Jason Terry "Jet" is like calling David Hasselhof "the Boss".....and yes, I know about his initials...mine spell God, I just have the sense not to call myself that...and yes, Jason and Jefferson's no- show pretty much canceled each other out....they'll play better tomorrow.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2010, 04:53 PM
With Pop's rotations and Jason Terry's terrible shooting game on Sunday, somehow I doubt that.

DesignatedT
04-20-2010, 04:55 PM
with this dallas team the spurs have to continue to play dirk 1 on 1 and guard the 3 pt line. way to many guys that can shoot out there.

No way dirk goes 12/14 again.

cd98
04-20-2010, 05:01 PM
These explanation are too simple. Who knows how anyone will perform in the next game. Or if there will be a major injury or an illness.

My game two assessment: Spurs need this one bad. Lose this and you have to win 4 out of the next 5 against the Mavs, and I can't see that happening.

Chomag
04-20-2010, 05:02 PM
As long as Pop thinks it's a good idea to use a scrub named Centerpiece and a red headed softie to hold Dirk down. I bet Dirk can't help but smile when he sees these goofs on him.

Lukor
04-20-2010, 05:06 PM
As long as Pop thinks it's a good idea to use a scrub named Centerpiece and a red headed softie to hold Dirk down. I bet Dirk can't help but smile when he sees these goofs on him.

Limo guy!

romain.star
04-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Fuck those useless threads

If you guys can predict the outcome of upcoming games, just go on betting.com and make money out of it instead of polluting the board with these lame threads

92 Shoot em up
04-20-2010, 05:18 PM
i can honestly say, and believe, the mavs played their best game of this series. And the spurs, far from it.

lol wow

Solid D
04-20-2010, 05:34 PM
No way.

m33p0
04-20-2010, 05:40 PM
thank you. you just cursed us.

DPG21920
04-20-2010, 05:42 PM
If this is a 4 or 5 game series, it will be the Mavs who have won it.

spurtech09
04-20-2010, 08:59 PM
well hope your right....I know spurs can play better

manu the best
04-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Maybe "Spurs won't WIN another game..."

.. u don't deserve to be a spurs fan .. get the hell out of here ..

Avitus1
04-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Spurs will still win but not in 5.

SPURSGOAT
04-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Kobe -vs- Shaq/Lebron finals. I want to see, you want to see it, everyone wants to see it. It will be done.

Ummmm nope; won't watch that boring crap....:sleep

Mav-elous Man
04-21-2010, 12:27 AM

Thank you!!! You are obvilusly an intelligent person who pays attention to the DAMN GAME!!! The Mavs played a solid game. Better than San Antonio. I wouldn't call it their best though. We had players who could have put up more points but didn't. We turned the ball over more than we normally do. Our defense wasn't the best that I've seen it. There are a number of things the Mavs can improve on to have a better game.

Truth is... this is the nature of this series. You can have games where one team out plays the other and it can still be a close game. There can be blowouts as well.

You can't do a hack-a-Damp and then whine about the discrepancy in foul shots. Spurs fans are the whiniest fans in the league. The Spurs will adjust and I'm sure put out a much better effort. However that doesn't guarantee a win. Other teams players get paid to win as well.

Not shocked if this series goes six or seven games. But it definitely won't be 5 or less. Now that would be shocking.

Calling my shot... Mavs in 6. Fell free to disagree because they are all just opinions (mine included).

Ghazi
04-21-2010, 02:26 AM
people ned to stop saying "only 6 point loss"

when JET hit 3 with 1:50 left giving Mavs 100-88 lead, the game was over. Period.

The 6 points the Spurs scored in irrelevant time is... well, irrelevant.

UnWantedTheory
04-21-2010, 02:52 AM
Thank you!!! You are obvilusly an intelligent person who pays attention to the DAMN GAME!!! The Mavs played a solid game. Better than San Antonio. I wouldn't call it their best though. We had players who could have put up more points but didn't. We turned the ball over more than we normally do. Our defense wasn't the best that I've seen it. There are a number of things the Mavs can improve on to have a better game.

Truth is... this is the nature of this series. You can have games where one team out plays the other and it can still be a close game. There can be blowouts as well.

You can't do a hack-a-Damp and then whine about the discrepancy in foul shots. Spurs fans are the whiniest fans in the league. The Spurs will adjust and I'm sure put out a much better effort. However that doesn't guarantee a win. Other teams players get paid to win as well.

Not shocked if this series goes six or seven games. But it definitely won't be 5 or less. Now that would be shocking.

Calling my shot... Mavs in 6. Fell free to disagree because they are all just opinions (mine included).

Even with the hack a damp the difference of free throws was significant IMO. With that said,...The Spurs just didnt play well. So yes Jet & Marion had bad games...Well outside of four players the entire Spurs team had a bad game. Your team overall played better...IMO it was basically 3 to 4 Spurs players on 5 Mavs players all game long...That just how we played. I dont think that is whiney or making excuses...Do you? We played like shit, but still had a chance. Thats all any team can ask for. No matter what, give yourself a chance. I hope for the Spurs to win, but I dont see it happening. I see Mavs in 6 or 7. I hope I can eat my words. It would be a great opportunity to be wrong...

UnWantedTheory
04-21-2010, 02:54 AM

when JET hit 3 with 1:50 left giving Mavs 100-88 lead, the game was over. Period.

Thats true...but as bad as we played, I dont think it was a complete ass whoopin....could have been worse...Hell it probably should have been...

spurs10
04-21-2010, 03:07 AM

Please stop calling that unbelievably uncool, dumbass "Jet". If there is a more unlikeable person on the planet, on any level, than that guy, please alert the media. Then again, with the 3 year old, give me more mascara, mentality of Cuban, he probably fits in perfectly. Dallas' owner, FO, players, and fans are the reason you've had such a horrible history of failure. :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::flag:

Obstructed_View
04-21-2010, 12:11 PM
No way dirk goes 12/14 again.

If Matt Bonner is the first big off the bench and logs a lot of minutes, Dirk will probably do it at least one more time before the series ends.

spurs1990
04-24-2010, 12:07 AM
The OP was on target!

Halfway there!