George Hill
http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/100420_hill.html

:toast

siraulo23
04-20-2010, 03:49 PM
thanks

Budkin
04-20-2010, 03:53 PM
:lmao Manu is hilarious when Don Harris asks him about Pop's potential tactics against the Mavs: "I won't tell you either. I just got an extension, do you want me to get fired already? Come on man."

jason1301
04-20-2010, 03:55 PM
thanks for posting!

Manu seems pretty confident, we can play better.

DBMethos
04-20-2010, 04:02 PM
I was hoping they'd talk to RJ...he better do his talking on the court, then.

nkdlunch
04-20-2010, 04:04 PM
all agree Dirk is a great flopper :lol

CIA Pop on playing Hill or not. Hill will start game 2

alchemist
04-20-2010, 04:06 PM
:toast

Lukor
04-20-2010, 04:19 PM
parker is smooth,he's always in a good mood.

crc21209
04-20-2010, 04:27 PM
all agree dirk is a great flopper :lol

cia pop on playing hill or not. Hill will start game 2

+1

EMS33
04-20-2010, 04:32 PM
They look like they are going to be ready. I think they figured out something that they did VERY wrong in game one on defense and they are going to adjust.

It does not have to do as much with Dirk as it does Butler. I do not think they were counting on Butler to be able to score that easily. Dirk is gonna get his and when he shoots like that there is nothing you can do but try not to foul as much. Butler is the key, if we play more aggressive on him and give him trouble we would have won game one.

Our offense is fine. They all said it in the videos. The defense needs to change. I would rather Dirk take 30 shots and hope he starts missing then allow them to have two very good scoring options out there. Put hill or Gino on Butler and shut him down. Let Dirk beat him by himself, he might be able to do it once but he can't shoot like that every game, if he does then give it to him. The key is to not let any other of the Mavs heat up and get in rhythm

Like Charles Barkley said about Lebron and the Cavs last night. Lebron can beat you one game by himself but he has to get like Jamison and West and the rest of the players playing well to win a championship. I.E Michael Jordan scored 60 a game against the celtics in the still lost the series. Let Dirk try to do it himself.

The Truth #6
04-20-2010, 04:43 PM
+1

I'm thinking this just proves that Pop likes to be secretive. Just as easily Temple could be starting and Pop doesn't want to tell the Mavs yet, and possibly Temple either. Hopefully Hill is healthy to contribute.

Lukor
04-20-2010, 04:49 PM
They look like they are going to be ready. I think they figured out something that they did VERY wrong in game one on defense and they are going to adjust.

It does not have to do as much with Dirk as it does Butler. I do not think they were counting on Butler to be able to score that easily. Dirk is gonna get his and when he shoots like that there is nothing you can do but try not to foul as much. Butler is the key, if we play more aggressive on him and give him trouble we would have won game one.

Our offense is fine. They all said it in the videos. The defense needs to change. I would rather Dirk take 30 shots and hope he starts missing then allow them to have two very good scoring options out there. Put hill or Gino on Butler and shut him down. Let Dirk beat him by himself, he might be able to do it once but he can't shoot like that every game, if he does then give it to him. The key is to not let any other of the Mavs heat up and get in rhythm

Like Charles Barkley said about Lebron and the Cavs last night. Lebron can beat you one game by himself but he has to get like Jamison and West and the rest of the players playing well to win a championship. I.E Michael Jordan scored 60 a game against the celtics in the still lost the series. Let Dirk try to do it himself.

I'm not disagreeing, both teams will make adjustments on defense. But you know that Butler is 6-7 230pounds? Ginobili has a much smaller frame(and Hill is even smaller, plus the ankle), Butler can post them up all night long.
I think they did well with the double teams late in game 1 on Butler, but once again it will come down to adjustments, Butler sure has watched some film on this aswell.

I wouldnt give too much weight to these interviews if i was you anyway. 90% of what the players are saying is generic "better defense, better rebounding,less turnovers blabla" and they're all pretty much saying the same no matter at which team you look at. We don't ever get the real insight.

DesignatedT
04-20-2010, 04:49 PM
I think Hill will definitely start game 2 judging from what there saying IMO, whether pop pulls him early again is a different story. If hill is hobbling around playing with 0 confidence on that ankle he is no good out there.

EMS33
04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm not disagreeing, both teams will make adjustments on defense. But you know that Butler is 6-7 230pounds? Ginobili has a much smaller frame(and Hill is even smaller, plus the ankle), Butler can post them up all night long.
I think they did well with the double teams late in game 1 on Butler, but once again it will come down to adjustments, Butler sure has watched some film on this aswell.

I wouldnt give too much weight to these interviews if i was you anyway. 90% of what the players are saying is generic "better defense, better rebounding,less turnovers blabla" and they're all pretty much saying the same no matter at which team you look at. We don't ever get the real insight.

I was not reading too much into the videos. It was just more of my feeling given the articles/interviews etc I have seen since the game. There seems to be a sense around the team that they KNOW they can not only play better but there is something else to be defense, and they are at least confident it will work.

As for butler being bigger than Manu/Hill I do not see that as a problem. I really do not think Butler is any where close to as good as Paul Pierce who is almost exactly the same size at 6'6 230 lbs. Manu and Hill have both guarded guys bigger than them (Pierce) and many others around the NBA. Honestly I do not think we need to double team butler very often just when he is backing somebody deep. We just need to make better rotations.

I am very confident that we can slow Butler down. We have shut down WAY better players. I may be biased but I do not think butler is of All-Star level. That being said I do not think jefferson can guard him either.... Which goes to show you what I think about Jefferson's D.

DPG21920
04-20-2010, 05:49 PM

I'm thinking this just proves that Pop likes to be secretive. Just as easily Temple could be starting and Pop doesn't want to tell the Mavs yet, and possibly Temple either. Hopefully Hill is healthy to contribute.

:lmao I don't know why, but using the -1 to take away points from someone's post is hilarious.

Lukor
04-20-2010, 05:54 PM
I was not reading too much into the videos. It was just more of my feeling given the articles/interviews etc I have seen since the game. There seems to be a sense around the team that they KNOW they can not only play better but there is something else to be defense, and they are at least confident it will work.

As for butler being bigger than Manu/Hill I do not see that as a problem. I really do not think Butler is any where close to as good as Paul Pierce who is almost exactly the same size at 6'6 230 lbs. Manu and Hill have both guarded guys bigger than them (Pierce) and many others around the NBA. Honestly I do not think we need to double team butler very often just when he is backing somebody deep. We just need to make better rotations.

I am very confident that we can slow Butler down. We have shut down WAY better players. I may be biased but I do not think butler is of All-Star level. That being said I do not think jefferson can guard him either.... Which goes to show you what I think about Jefferson's D.

We will see if it works or not, but if i was the spurs i would be hoping they figured out something more promising.
About Butler - he was an allstar 2 or 3 years ago, he certainly didnt have an allstar season this year.I think he has slipped a bit but we can not really complain he has played much better than Josh Howard this season.
I didnt really watch Jefferson in the first game but that might have been more due to him being almost invisible on both ends of the court.

Spurs Brazil
04-20-2010, 06:09 PM
TP must be joking. At the beggining of his interview he said 'even Jason Kidd was making 3s'. WTF Tony, he's been doing it since last years playoffs. WAKE UP and do a better job guarding him. You can't leave him open there

Doe
04-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Yeah surely they've read the scouting report by now. Hell, you'd think they might have learned their lesson going back to last season and then this year with Kidd nailing a 3 during critical moments of the 4th.

DesignatedT
04-20-2010, 07:49 PM
he still thinks kidd cant shoot :lol

sefant77
04-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah Butler came out of nowhere....its not that he had multiple 19+ seasons and a 19PPG series against James.

And then he skyrocks for 22 points in game one. RJ just slept the first minutes because he didnt expect Butler to attack the rim like he did.

Pretty lame comments and questions about Dirks "flopping" :rolleyes

EMS33
04-20-2010, 10:35 PM
We will see if it works or not, but if i was the spurs i would be hoping they figured out something more promising.
About Butler - he was an allstar 2 or 3 years ago, he certainly didnt have an allstar season this year.I think he has slipped a bit but we can not really complain he has played much better than Josh Howard this season.
I didnt really watch Jefferson in the first game but that might have been more due to him being almost invisible on both ends of the court.

Ok Butler was an All-Star 2 or 3 years ago. So was jefferson. All I can say is they both played for bad teams where they were the number 1 option. I'm gonna let the game tomorrow do the talking for me. Just notice how different the defense WILL play. Also how Dirk won't be going 12 of 14. The foul situation will be a little different as well. All of that sounds pretty promising to me.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 10:39 PM
"All the great coaches try to plant these seeds in the refs head to help their teams, but we all know Manu "sells" more calls than anyone" - Brendan Haywood

lmao

DesignatedT
04-20-2010, 10:42 PM
"All the great coaches try to plant these seeds in the refs head to help their teams, but we all know Manu "sells" more calls than anyone" - Brendan Haywood

lmao

did he say this recently?

badfish22
04-20-2010, 10:43 PM
today on GAC.

DesignatedT
04-20-2010, 10:47 PM
today on GAC.

haha good. any extra fuel will be nice. especially when it comes to manu.

sefant77
04-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Pffff, i dont like this bitching on both sides...

Spurs players should have shut up about all that "Dirk great in selling contact blabla", just tell the media that you didnt defend him smart and good and then Haywood has no reason to answer with the same crap...

I hate this attempts to work the media and the refs. Thats Lakers and Boston style and "class".

badfish22
04-21-2010, 12:06 AM
"Everyone was shooting the ball well. Even Jason Kidd was making 3s." - Tony Parker

umm does he really not realize that Jason Kidd might be our best three point shooter?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-21-2010, 12:40 AM
"Everyone was shooting the ball well. Even Jason Kidd was making 3s." - Tony Parker

umm does he really not realize that Jason Kidd might be our best three point shooter?

Parker probably wasn't watching much basketball while he was injured. :lol

ffadicted
04-21-2010, 03:32 AM
Parker probably wasn't watching much basketball while he was injured. :lol

Don't blame him.....

TheRealCB
04-21-2010, 05:20 AM
Don't blame him.....

Yeah,that Longoria chick was probably massaging him the whole time :lol

Pauleta14
04-21-2010, 05:42 AM
TP must be joking. At the beggining of his interview he said 'even Jason Kidd was making 3s'. WTF Tony, he's been doing it since last years playoffs. WAKE UP and do a better job guarding him. You can't leave him open there

Tony "it's just one of those games.." Parker...

#2!
04-21-2010, 05:44 AM
Tony "it's just one of those games.." Parker...

:lol

Pauleta14
04-21-2010, 05:46 AM
Pffff, i dont like this bitching on both sides...

Spurs players should have shut up about all that "Dirk great in selling contact blabla", just tell the media that you didnt defend him smart and good and then Haywood has no reason to answer with the same crap...

I hate this attempts to work the media and the refs. Thats Lakers and Boston style and "class".

Come on, even Dallas fans have to admit that the ref were very "kind" with him...
+ This was no bitching (a la Phil Jackson), just answering the question...
What Manu explained (with the elbow) was nothing new!

polandprzem
04-21-2010, 06:11 AM
Most nbA analysys says how dirk shooting techiniqe is so uncomfortable to the defenders because of the elbow [fauls] and height [match]

KuntryDude
04-21-2010, 07:14 AM
LOL @ Boner in background bricklaying....

siraulo23
04-21-2010, 07:36 AM

Yeah I was like, wtf man
and it scares me that Kidd would make at least 3 threes next game because parker would leave him open, AGAIN~ :depressed

DBMethos
04-21-2010, 08:14 AM
If Parker is serious, he's an idiot. Kidd has been lights out from 3 this year, and he's not afraid of the big stage unlike the Spurs' "shooters". DO NOT LEAVE THIS MAN OPEN FROM 3.

guzmangm
04-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Do we have anyone who can deny Dirk the ball? Play him aggressively before he gets the ball, out of position, off balance. Unlike a lot of people i think he can go 12-14 today. The basket seems to get bigger for him when he plays the Spurs. Dirk does bring it when he has the Spurs. History seems to suggest this.

Lebowski Brickowski
04-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Parker just knows that JKidd has been his bitch for several years now so all of TP's comments are gonna come out like that.