PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant is not yet a superstar

DazedAndConfused
04-21-2010, 12:34 AM
I do not see any clutchness from this kid, and thus I cannot in good conscience call him a superstar yet because clutchness is a key quality that separates the superstars from the all-stars.

I liken him to Kobe early in his career, throwing up airballs in Utah. It's only a matter of time before Durant develops these killer closing skills, but he doesn't have them yet and it's a fallacy to rightfully call him a superstar at this point in his career.

mogrovejo
04-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Maybe. On the other hand, he's the best player in this series.

LakerHater
04-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Hey man, he had a good look it jus didnt fall, it happens!!

oh crap
04-21-2010, 12:36 AM
tet the fuck out of here. he played a great game on the road against the #1 seed and defending champs. his 3 clanked the rim and should have fell. lakers with all the calls and against the youngest team in the league.. lol, yeah, great win.

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Now it's 4 in-a-row, or, a 7th Game in Los Angeles.

tee, hee.

14 now for 16 then.

Frenzy
04-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Durrant gave one hell of an effort. for being young... i say he is as clutch as you can get at his age.

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Durrant gave one hell of an effort. for being young... i say he is as clutch as you can get at his age.

Sans the 8 TOs.

Capt Bringdown
04-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Ridiculous statement. Enjoy your Laker win and try not to be another typical dickwad Laker fan.

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 12:45 AM

you must be talking about Westbrook

Bob Lanier
04-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Better than Gasol? Eh, maybe.

Ghazi
04-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Mavericks will unleash a blitz on the WC unforeseen since the '01 Lakers :smokin :hat

namlook
04-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Durant has got to pay his dues. He's not there yet as a guy that can carry his team to victory in a playoff series.

mogrovejo
04-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Now it's 4 in-a-row, or, a 7th Game in Los Angeles.

tee, hee.

14 now for 16 then.

You're wrong Culby. You need someone to step up and feminize Kobe, as Shaq used to do. Phil, Pau, Bynum... someone. He needs to adjust his role just like he'd do when Big Daddy was around. Otherwise, his selfishness are going to cost the Lakers the chance of fighting for the championship.

mogrovejo
04-21-2010, 12:51 AM
you must be talking about Westbrook

No, Durant. Westbrook may even be the MVP of the series - that was fairly easy to predict - but Durant is the best player.

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 12:52 AM
You're wrong Culby. You need someone to step up and feminize Kobe, as Shaq used to do. Phil, Pau, Bynum... someone. He needs to adjust his role just like he'd do when Big Daddy was around. Otherwise, his selfishness are going to cost the Lakers the chance of fighting for the championship.

ok

Quit Hatin'
04-21-2010, 12:53 AM
he will be when he comes to the lakers in about five years. if not him then another young stud will fall into our laps lifes good. 4-20 smoke some weed.

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 12:53 AM

True, but, he'll have to fail in reality before he'll step back and reconsider, Mog. He's thinking (win or lose this rings attempt): "I'll heal the finger, I'll take it easy and rest my legs and I'll be right as the mail come November." We'll have to have a intervention before he'll see the light if his change is truly structural and not simply temporal.

Capt Bringdown
04-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Unclutch would have been for him to lay down in the 4th, resulting in an easy pull-away Laker win, but as it stands, he was matching Kobe basket for basket down the stretch until that unfortunate basket interference play by one of his Thunder teammates.

So he didn't hit the final shot, so what, Kobe missed a critical FT. Does that mean Kobe's not clutch?
Weak grasping on your part.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Gotta love all the Kobe is a chucker and will cost his team and Durant is the best player in the series and such a pure shooter comments.

Kobe: 41 mins 12-28
Durant: 41 mins 12-26

N4th4n
04-21-2010, 01:00 AM
Gotta love all the Kobe is a chucker and will cost his team and Durant is the best player in the series and such a pure shooter comments.

Kobe: 41 mins 12-28
Durant: 41 mins 12-26

Kobe has Pau and Bynum
Durant has......Nenad Kristic and Jeff green
Cobbler has..... minor mental retardation

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Kobe has Pau and Bynum

And you're O & 41.

N4th4n
04-21-2010, 01:03 AM
And you're O & 41.

Actually, I have yet to make my NBA debut!

namlook
04-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Kobe has Pau and Bynum

Durant has much, much better athletes around him. To overlook that is to be very ignorant. The Lakers are slower and less athletic but have more size and more skilled players.

N4th4n
04-21-2010, 01:05 AM
Durant has much, much better athletes around him. To overlook that is to be very ignorant. The Lakers are slower and less athletic but have more size and more skilled players.

Exactly ?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-21-2010, 01:07 AM
Wow that's better than any comeback I've ever used for that line. Well done.

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 01:09 AM
Wow that's better than any comeback I've ever used for that line. Well done.

Especially when you had me on your ignore list and couldn't see "that line."

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 01:11 AM

That ain't gonna save ya, sweetheart. You sided the Suns and you're livin' with their lineage. You're ringless and you're goin' to answer for it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Especially when you had me on your ignore list and couldn't see "that line."

I had Culburn369 on my ignore list, I thought you were Giuseppe, an Italian student at UCLA :lol

namlook
04-21-2010, 01:13 AM
Exactly ?

OKC has Westbrook and the Lakers have Fisher. That's such a huge mismatch it should be a crime.

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 01:14 AM
I had Culburn369 on my ignore list, I thought you were Giuseppe, an Italian student at UCLA :lol

You're feeling pretty chipper tonite. Gettin' to .500 in the playoffs will do that.

Your hangin's waitin'. Waitin' in Portland.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-21-2010, 01:16 AM
You're feeling pretty chipper tonite. Gettin' to .500 in the playoffs will do that.

Your hangin's waitin'. Waitin' in Portland.

Na I'm feelin' chipper regardless of how the Suns are doing, I know you're not doubting 0 & 42 is inevitable.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Kobe has Pau and Bynum

Hmmmmm... Other than Pau who was 8-14 and who Kobe was actually passing to.... lets look at Bynum who you noted and the other key players.

Your boy Bynum: 3-9
ron: 2-10
fish: 2-10
odom: 2-9

Green has sucked so you can have that.
Krstic: 4-7

I may have minor mental retardation... but even a retard can see you either didnt watch the game or you dont know how to do simple math.

Not to mention that my post had nothing to do with passing or the play of others. Was just a simple observation that all of us tend to think with our hearts. All the haters will tell you how much better Durant shot and Kobe was chucking and the shot almost identically. Thats all. I thought both took several forced and ill advised shots.

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Na I'm feelin' chipper regardless of how the Suns are doing, I know you're not doubting 0 & 42 is inevitable.

Duncan, anything is possible in a Post Jordan NBA. O & 42 is not inevitable. It's probable, but, not impossible.

N4th4n
04-21-2010, 01:19 AM
That ain't gonna save ya, sweetheart. You sided the Suns and you're livin' with their lineage. You're ringless and you're goin' to answer for it.

How is the Sun's ringless status effecting my life? And to whom exactly do I need to answer? If you could provide me some credentials establishing their authority that would be a big help.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions!

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 01:20 AM
How is the Sun's ringless status effecting my life? And to whom exactly do I need to answer? If you could provide me some credentials establishing their authority that would be a big help.

Hey, Duncan, I got some fresh fish here.

tee, hee.

Fpoonsie
04-21-2010, 01:26 AM
:lol

Goddamn, I'm glad you're back, Cul.

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 01:30 AM

shit son. You're getting trolled by a legend. You should be proud.

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 01:31 AM

Goddamn, I'm glad you're back, Cul.

Thanks, Poon! Good to be back. I missed all you guys. I really did.

MiamiHeat
04-21-2010, 01:33 AM
Durantula is a bona-fide SUPERSTAR.

Just cause he missed the game winner? yeah, like nobody ever does that

getouttaherewiththatbuolsheit

N4th4n
04-21-2010, 01:33 AM
shit son. You're getting trolled by a legend. You should be proud.

I don't understand. Trolled? He really seemed to know what he was talking about so I was hoping he could help me out. :depressed

MiamiHeat
04-21-2010, 01:35 AM
Thanks, Poon! Good to be back. I missed all you guys. I really did.

wow this loser is back?

go get a job or something, stop posting 24/7

you're a 50 yr old pedo who sits online all fucking day, back on ignore you go, you fucking creepy piece of shit.

MiamiHeat
04-21-2010, 01:37 AM
I don't understand. Trolled? He really seemed to know what he was talking about so I was hoping he could help me out. :depressed

don't pay attention

Themachine is a laker fan sucking on another laker fan's (gisueppe) dick.

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 01:37 AM

now you know...and knowing is half the battle. :toast

MiamiHeat
04-21-2010, 01:40 AM
How do you lose by 40 when the other team loses one of their stars. :lmao

cause everyone on the heat not named dwyane wade or udonis haslem are a bunch of fucking faggots

jermaine is a fake ass 'superstar' who talks too much and cant back it up. this motherfucker is gone, these are his last games in a heat uniform. his idea of a post-game is staring his man down and shooting a J in his face from the 3pt line.

Pat Riley has been planning for the 2010 off-season for 2 years now, so this is the last time i have to see wade get no help.

Gutter92
04-21-2010, 01:42 AM
at least they didn't lose by 39 in the finals clinching game, setting an NBA record I believe?

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 01:43 AM
don't pay attention

Themachine is a laker fan sucking on another laker fan's (gisueppe) dick.

Spurstalk on Chris Richards aka MiamiHeat: Post Better Or Post Less

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 01:44 AM
at least they didn't lose by 39 in the finals clinching game, setting an NBA record I believe?

we'll forgive the Heat for losing big today when they win the championship next year.

N4th4n
04-21-2010, 01:44 AM
Hey, Duncan, I got some fresh fish here.

tee, hee.

Does this mean you are not going to provide me with any illumination?

MiamiHeat
04-21-2010, 01:45 AM
nah, wade is good. top 5 in the league. he played good today. the only thing i will say is that he is too short. he is not as tall and can't jump as high as kobe or lebron or KD, so it hurts him.

he was blocking shots, and was draining 3's. i believe he went 5/7 from the 3 i think trying to bring the HEAT back.

Gutter92
04-21-2010, 01:46 AM
clutch = missing a freethrow in a 1 point and shooting 38% in the series amirite? gnight!

21_Blessings
04-21-2010, 02:23 AM
What are you talking about? Did Kobe average 30 points per game when he was 21 years old? Was Kobe leading the Lakers in his third season or was it Shaq?

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you really this fucking dumb?

Was Durant All NBA 1st team defense or winning titles at 21? Do you think Durant would be dropping 30 a night with PRIME Shaq on the Thunder? You do realize Kobe was without a doubt the number 1 option during crunch time, over prime Shaq, during the Lakers 99/00 title run at only 21.

Not sure what all this bullshit about 'leading' is. Harper, Fisher, Shaw were all bigger leaders than Shaq ever was. Shaq has always been a shitastic leader that wore out of welcome on just about every team he has played for.

HarlemHeat37
04-21-2010, 02:37 AM
So you are saying you believe Kobe at 21 is as good as Durant now?..

LOL @ your avatar btw..Kobe looks so angry.."fuck, Bynum's still on the team?!"..

21_Blessings
04-21-2010, 02:47 AM

Kobe was better at 21. It's not close either.

21_Blessings
04-21-2010, 02:50 AM
Durant is a prolific scorer but he's not Kobe

5n5qLQ6ZUKE

namlook
04-21-2010, 02:50 AM
Kobe was better at 21. It's not close either.

Forgive these people 21_Blessings, they don't know any better. They were probably in pre-school when Kobe was 21.

milkshakeballa
04-21-2010, 02:51 AM

LOL @ your avatar btw..Kobe looks so angry.."fuck, Bynum's still on the team?!"..

Kobe WITHOUT a doubt was a all around better play than Durant is now...not close.

Durant a better scorer...

Player??? Isn't even close.

RsxPiimp
04-21-2010, 02:56 AM
Durant is a better scorer than Kobe when he was 21, but Kobe's game was much more polished than KD. People forget that Kobe was the facilitator, often times closer and sometimes their best defender when he was 21. Did'nt he score 45 points against the Spurs in the WCF?

RsxPiimp
04-21-2010, 02:59 AM
KD is a top 5 player in the regular season, no denying that, but the playoffs is a different atmosphere. Its a good training ground for him. No one should expect this kid to dominate against a championship team.

Ghazi
04-21-2010, 03:00 AM
nice effort for your boy glassnum tonight 21. 6 points and 33% shooting against fucking Kristic/Collison/Ibaka :lmao :lmao

MateoNeygro
04-21-2010, 03:12 AM
Like everyone has said Kobe is the better all around player but KD is the better scorer. IMO.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 03:31 AM
Durant is around a top 5 player in the NBA..he's there with Howard, Wade, Kobe and maybe Dirk..they're all a level behind King James..so, yes, he's a superstar..I don't think he'll ever reach Lebron, but I think he can become a level above everybody else(except Howard, since he can move up with some improvements as well) once he develops a clutch reputation and works on his playmaking ability..he should also work on his Proactiv game, but I'll pass on that right now..

There's a very good argument that he's the best player in the series..

There's a difference between having Gasol/Bynum/Odom/Artest as your supporting cast and being guarded by Artest..as opposed to being guarded by Jeff Green for pretty much the entire 4th and relying on Jeff Green to be 1 of 2 other major scoring contributors on the team..

Oh yeah...cause Bynum, Odom, and Artest came up so big offensively compared to Green. Not to mention Fish. Oh, I see no mention of Westbrook or Krstic... who both shot better that the Laker players not named Gasol. I guess I can assume you meant "one" of them with your 1 of 2 comment.

Kobe and Durant had very similar games if you disregard Durants 8 TO's. Gasol played well and thats about it for the Lakers. Brown had some decent mins. Krstic and Westbrook played well for the Thunder. Series is two games old so well see who's the better player when its all said and done. At this stage in the series IMO Pau has been the best player followed closly by Westbrook. Kobe and Durant are outside looking in. I couls care less though about which individual player is the best. The W's for the team is all that matters.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2010, 12:21 PM
I do not see any clutchness from this kid, and thus I cannot in good conscience call him a superstar yet because clutchness is a key quality that separates the superstars from the all-stars.

Since your perception of "superstar" and "clutch" are both in question, that's an endorsement if I ever read one.

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Kobe was lucky to have the leagues best player, a HOF coach and some savy veterans on his side when he was 21, GTFO.

Durant is playing with an inexperienced coach who cant draw up a play, some really, really young guns and yet they are pushing the Lakers into a slugfest.

Durant at 21 is better than Kobe at 21 talent wise.

Ghazi
04-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Durant is around a top 5 player in the NBA..he's there with Howard, Wade, Kobe and maybe Dirk..they're all a level behind King James..so, yes, he's a superstar..I don't think he'll ever reach Lebron, but I think he can become a level above everybody else(except Howard, since he can move up with some improvements as well) once he develops a clutch reputation and works on his playmaking ability..he should also work on his Proactiv game, but I'll pass on that right now..

There's a very good argument that he's the best player in the series..

There's a difference between having Gasol/Bynum/Odom/Artest as your supporting cast and being guarded by Artest..as opposed to being guarded by Jeff Green for pretty much the entire 4th and relying on Jeff Green to be 1 of 2 other major scoring contributors on the team..

Findog
04-21-2010, 12:29 PM

I liken him to Kobe early in his career, throwing up airballs in Utah. It's only a matter of time before Durant develops these killer closing skills, but he doesn't have them yet and it's a fallacy to rightfully call him a superstar at this point in his career.

Shut up, Jeff.

picc84
04-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Durant is a better scorer now than Kobe, and also than Kobe at 21 in the first title run.

Kobe at 21 was a better all-around player however. I actually think Durant has been the league's most overrated player this season, outside of those who still call Kobe the best. He's basically what Melo used to be before he got better.

JoshO501
04-21-2010, 04:39 PM
whats really scary is that he's only 21

mogrovejo
04-21-2010, 04:44 PM
If Kobe and Durant switched positions, it'd be Lakers in 4 blowouts.

mogrovejo
04-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Durant is a better scorer now than Kobe, and also than Kobe at 21 in the first title run.

Kobe at 21 was a better all-around player however. I actually think Durant has been the league's most overrated player this season, outside of those who still call Kobe the best. He's basically what Melo used to be before he got better.

Durant is already a better defender than Melo will ever be it seems + one of the best rebounders at his position in the entire league.

oh crap
04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
gee, thanks for your unbias opinion. :rolleyes

N4th4n
04-21-2010, 05:41 PM
A 21 year old Kobe would torch the shit out of a 30 year old Artest. Durant will never reach Kobe's status. No part of his game will be as good as Kobe's. You are desperate. And fuck Duncan.

He is already a better three point shooter, rebounder and shot blocker.

oh crap
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
lol... luva's just trolling. nothing to see here.

crc21209
04-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Unclutch would have been for him to lay down in the 4th, resulting in an easy pull-away Laker win, but as it stands, he was matching Kobe basket for basket down the stretch until that unfortunate basket interference play by one of his Thunder teammates.

So he didn't hit the final shot, so what, Kobe missed a critical FT. Does that mean Kobe's not clutch?
Weak grasping on your part.

Bingo...

Killakobe81
04-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Kobe was lucky to have the leagues best player, a HOF coach and some savy veterans on his side when he was 21, GTFO.

Durant is playing with an inexperienced coach who cant draw up a play, some really, really young guns and yet they are pushing the Lakers into a slugfest.

Durant at 21 is better than Kobe at 21 talent wise.

LOL that you would write this shows your stupidity (well maybe just blind hate) like I said before ...

Post better or post...less.

durant is a more natural scorer no doubt about that. but is it harder to help lead a team with a mix of veterans to a title? (like what Kobe, duncan and Wade did in '06?) Or to carry a team built around you to score and fall short?

I am not even saying that Durant isnt a better scorer than Kobe ...just saying ... doing it for a winner while having to share the ball (and in many cases run the offense) is MORE impressive

Duncan Wade and Kobe had to do that ...

For the record disagree with OP (and Phil) Durant IS A SUPERSAR

MiamiHeat
04-21-2010, 06:15 PM
What planet do laker fans come from? Seriously, you guys are fucking stupid.

"Kobe would destroy him"

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9100/durantkobe.jpg

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=bryanko01&y1=2000&p2=duranke01&y2=2010

Gutter92
04-21-2010, 06:57 PM
MiamiHeat, educate these fools please.

himat
04-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Go eat KFC Dazed and Confused.

Take the win because you guys barely got it. I wish Kobe was on another team because I respect his game so much, but I can't stand LA fans. Durant's not a superstar? He almost won OKC a road game against the defending champs. He has made the newest NBA team an actual playoff team this year.

GTFO.

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Go eat KFC Dazed and Confused.

Take the win because you guys barely got it. I wish Kobe was on another team because I respect his game so much, but I can't stand LA fans. Durant's not a superstar? He almost won OKC a road game against the defending champs. He has made the newest NBA team an actual playoff team this year.

GTFO.

Don't you have a room that they built you hereabouts to go to, himat? That room they built you guys after they built that shoestore in your ass in the Finals.

Skeedaddle, jagoff.

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 07:35 PM

"Kobe would destroy him"

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=bryanko01&y1=2000&p2=duranke01&y2=2010

:wakeup

Stats and logic dont apply when it comes to Kobe. He's the "clutchest" player eventhough he missed the most shots, He's better than Lebron the past few years eventhough PER, W/S and other useful statistical metric says so. Kobe does'nt need to "shoot less" eventhough he's shooting 30%. Try again.

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 07:35 PM

"Kobe would destroy him"

99-00...was that the year Kobe got his first championship?

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 07:36 PM
99-00...was that the year Kobe got his first championship?

Yes, he broke his cherry over the dead bodies of the Blazers. Then he commissed to rampaging to a three peat.

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Put it this way, Kobe in his absolute prime (27-28 y/o) has failed to lead a team to 50 wins without Shaq or Gasol. Kevin Durant at his rawest form has helped OKC win that much with a bunch of young players and a new coach to 50 wins

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Put it this way, Kobe in his absolute prime (27-28 y/o) has failed to lead a team to 50 wins without Shaq or Gasol. Kevin Durant at his rawest form has helped OKC win that much with a bunch of young players and a new coach to 50 wins

That criteria alone makes Kobe > Durant. :lmao

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 07:43 PM

WTF good does it do to get the 50 if you can't get the other 16 at the bitter end?

Make the playoffs. Win the last game you play. There is nothing else.

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 07:45 PM

Congrats to Tim Duncan for winning the "i reached 50 wins in every season" award. :toast

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 07:58 PM
WTF good does it do to get the 50 if you can't get the other 16 at the bitter end?

Make the playoffs. Win the last game you play. There is nothing else.
Well my point is Durant can lead a team far better than most franchise players. Now, he just need a legitimate big man and experience to go further, so people shoul'dnt just discredit what KD has done this year. He's making history and people should appreciate that. Kid is also humble, so I dont see the hate for Durant here.

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Congrats to Tim Duncan for winning the "i reached 50 wins in every season" award. :toast
Right. While you're at it, congratulate him for winning 4 titles and multiple regular season and Final MVP's as well.

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 08:05 PM
That criteria alone makes Kobe > Durant. :lmao
Wow. You are really dense.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 08:21 PM

"Kobe would destroy him"

Everyone here has admitted that Durant is a purer shooter. It's not all about shooting %. Since you use HOF Shaq as part of your argument, have you ever considered that Kobe got those numbers that are very close to Durants while having to defer to a veteran cast around him and that Durant is the focus of his team? You seriously don't think Kobe would have gone off much more and put up better numbers if he was the focal point? If you answer no then it's just your hatred talking. Also, defense is not included in your numbers but then again, you never post the whole picture if any part of said picture doesn't support your obsession.

FG% - almost identical. (less than one shot per 100)
Durant better at 3p% (5 shots out of a 100 better)
Durant with the superstar treatment with almost double the free throws. (Kobe actually had to earn his superstar status)
Durant with 1 more rebound a game and same blocks. Hmmm I would think a forward would dominate these stats over a guard.
Kobe double in assists and 2 shots less per game. (I don't hear the "chucker" comments coming from you about Durant. How so?)
Kobe defensive 1st team. I don't think you will find Durant there this year

So yes, Durant is a SLIGHTLY better shooter. He draws more fouls or is awarded more fouls for a player at that age. It's the very reason you are hearing all the comments about his getting jordan status without earning it. Same steals and blocks as Kobe yet you left off rebounds in your highlights. Go figure. He should be double Kobe in rebounds and blocks. And again, to use your own point, Kobe had Shaq and a veteran team of quality players. There are only so many rebounds steals, and blocks to go around. And defensively Kobe was twice the player Durant is at the same ages and last I looked, defense is half the game and the more important half if you want to win championships.

One player had to defer, one player is defered to. Durant is a great player and doing an amazing job at his age. He is a slightly better shooter. The rest of the stats are very similar and in fact support Kobe when considering the position they play. Kobe was a much much better defender. All around player at age 21 goes to Kobe. Unless of course you weigh the slightly better FG% as 90% of your argument.

LOL at obsessed haters calling anyone stupid...:lol

cobbler
04-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Well my point is Durant can lead a team far better than most franchise players. Now, he just need a legitimate big man and experience to go further, so people shoul'dnt just discredit what KD has done this year. He's making history and people should appreciate that. Kid is also humble, so I dont see the hate for Durant here.

I haven't seen any hate posts about Durant. I see posts where people freely admit he's a purer shooter but in overall game give the nod to Kobe. The only hate in any posts here is your habitual hate for Kobe and anything Lakers. Durant has a great future in front of him. And if and when he does fulfill that promise I would bet most here would applaud him rather than create thread after thread, post after post, of obsessive hate.

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Contrary to popular belief, I like the Lakers when Kobe does'nt play. They are a fun team to watch, especially Gasol and Odom. And I also dont "hate" Kobe, however I dont like his rabid followers that puts Kobe in a untouchable standard.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 08:43 PM
And once again... no comments when posts are made to refute your numbers and how you portray them. Same ole same ole...

DazedAndConfused
04-21-2010, 08:50 PM
You can't be a superstar if you're not clutch. Durant is not clutch.

He throws up airballs, fumbles the ball, and generates TO's when the game is on the line. You can see he is not completely comfortable on the floor when the game is on the line the way Kobe, MJ, and even Lebron are. It will come in time, but he's not there yet.

You can't be a superstar if you're not clutch. KD hasn't earned that status yet, no matter how many points he scores. And Westbrook is carrying the Thunder just as much as Durant is, if not more.

picc84
04-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Durant - better shooter, scorer
Kobe at 21 - better all-around player

cobbler
04-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Durant - better shooter, scorer
Kobe at 21 - better all-around player

:toast

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Kobe's a better playmaker, no doubt about that. Durant is a better rebounder. Defensively its a wash. I dont know how you guys can say Kobe is a better all around player.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Kobe's a better playmaker, no doubt about that. Durant is a better rebounder. Defensively its a wash. I dont know how you guys can say Kobe is a better all around player.

DEFENSE

And Kobe is a lot closer to Durants rebounds than Durant is to Kobe's playmaking.

It's not rocket science... How can you not consider defense edit: in Kobe's favor?

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 09:01 PM
DEFENSE

And Kobe is a lot closer to Durants rebounds than Durant is to Kobe's playmaking.

It's not rocket science... How can you not consider defense?
I just said defense is a wash

:rolleyes

cobbler
04-21-2010, 09:04 PM

I know you said it... that does not make it correct. Kobe was first team all defense in 2000. You think Durant is? Seriously?

picc84
04-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Kobe was significantly ahead of Durant defensively. He was a much, much better man-defender, as good a shot-blocker, better at jumping the lanes. He was significantly ahead of Durant as a playmaker. He was a better ballhandler even at that stage. He was a better game manager during crunchtime.

Durant is better as a rebounder and scorer. And marginally, at that. Those are his only advantages.

Great player, but if he isn't doing his thing scoring I barely notice he's on the court. You could never say that about Kobe, at any point beyond 1999.

No hate, I look for KD to improve his all around game in the upcoming years and push himself into the upper echelon.

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I know you said it... that does not make it correct. Kobe was first team all defense in 2000. You think Durant is? Seriously?
First of all, Kobe was 2nd Team not 1st.

Second of all, Durant plays in a position (Forwards) where players tends to dominate more than guards. Considering the quality of players in this era that fills the same position ( Garnett, Artest, Lebron, Geral Wallace, Josh Smith) of course he's not going to make 1st or even 2nd team.

Kobe basically got into ALL NBA defensive by default when Payton and Kidd slowed down. Not because he's a "great and tenacious" defender.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 09:33 PM
First of all, Kobe was 2nd Team not 1st.

Maybe you should know yours before you make a fool of yourself. And nice move to edit your comment about me not knowing my NBA when you realized you were wrong again.

1999-00
FIRST TEAM
Tim Duncan, San Antonio
Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
Alonzo Mourning, Miami
Gary Payton, Seattle
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers

SECOND TEAM
Scottie Pippen, Portland
Clifford Robinson, Phoenix
Shaquille O'Neal, L.A. Lakers
Eddie Jones, Charlotte
Jason Kidd, Phoenix

http://www.nba.com/history/awards_defensiveteams.html

cobbler
04-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Second of all, Durant plays in a position (Forwards) where players tends to dominate more than guards. Considering the quality of players in this era that fills the same position ( Garnett, Artest, Lebron, Geral Wallace, Josh Smith) of course he's not going to make 1st or even 2nd team.

Sounds like a lot of excuses to me.

Third of all, Iverson made the All NBA 2nd team with Kobe. Show's you how prestigious this selection is.

You mean the year that Iverson had numbers very similar to both the above players? How bizzare? :lol

*** I'm feeling a backpeddle and made up quote/lie comming soon ***

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Its not an excuse. Getting an All Defense team nod for the forward position is harder. Just look at the quality of guards that made it versus forwards that was voted in.

I stand corrected on the All NBA defense team, I was looking at 2000-2001 season where Kobe made 2nd team, not 1st.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Bottom line is Kobe was a much better defender at that age vs Durant. If you cannot accept that then so be it. We all know why. For the very same reason you cannot accept that while both players are great players at that age, Kobe was definetly the better all around player. It's ok CR... we know it consumes you. :toast

Killakobe81
04-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Contrary to popular belief, I like the Lakers when Kobe does'nt play. They are a fun team to watch, especially Gasol and Odom. And I also dont "hate" Kobe, however I dont like his rabid followers that puts Kobe in a untouchable standard.

I smell ...bullshit. but whatever if you spent as much time at ANYTHING in your pathetic life as ou do oposting bullshit about Kobe you could be very successful.

Durant had some good looks at the end and he failed. Guy has an AMAZING FUTURE ahead and pretty damn good present he is a YOUNG superstar but in the playoffs ...you need a vet ....Lebron is ready to take it durant is not.

But KD maybe in a few more years ...by then Kobe will be old and you PROBABLY STILL BE POSTING this crap ...

Killakobe81
04-21-2010, 10:03 PM

Defense is a wash LOL you fail right there ...

at 21 Kobe was guarding ALL perimeter players Durant almost never guards ANY top swing men

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Defense is a wash LOL you fail right there ...

at 21 Kobe was guarding ALL perimeter players Durant almost never guards ANY top swing men
Yes, im sure you know this since you watch OKC games all the time.

picc84
04-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Kobe in 2000 > Durant
Kobe in 2001 >> Durant
Kobe in 2002 >>> Durant
Kobe in 2003 >>>> Durant

We'll see if Kevin has that kind of progression as a player in the upcoming years. If he does, kudos, and watch out league. But this summer he needs to get in the gym and increase his core strength, and get a coach to work with him on his other skills.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 10:08 PM
How did i miss this one? :lol

Yeah, your incessant posts ragging on the Lakers and Kobe say otherwise. *Glancing over at your sig* :lmao

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 10:08 PM
I smell ...bullshit. but whatever if you spent as much time at ANYTHING in your pathetic life as ou do oposting bullshit about Kobe you could be very successful.

Durant had some good looks at the end and he failed. Guy has an AMAZING FUTURE ahead and pretty damn good present he is a YOUNG superstar but in the playoffs ...you need a vet ....Lebron is ready to take it durant is not.

But KD maybe in a few more years ...by then Kobe will be old and you PROBABLY STILL BE POSTING this crap ...

You need to calm down internet tough guy. Go outside and make some friends. Wake up and smell the coffee. Your world should'nt revolve around Kobe Bryant. He does'nt give a crap about you.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 10:10 PM
You need to calm down internet tough guy. Go outside and make some friends. Wake up and smell the coffee. Your world should'nt revolve around Kobe Bryant. He does'nt give a crap about you.

Says the guy who posts more about Kobe than all other posters combined. :lol

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Kobe in 2000 > Durant
Kobe in 2001 >> Durant
Kobe in 2002 >>> Durant
Kobe in 2003 >>>> Durant

We'll see if Kevin has that kind of progression as a player in the upcoming years. If he does, kudos, and watch out league. But this summer he needs to get in the gym and increase his core strength, and get a coach to work with him on his other skills.
Durant has some improvements to make, at that age, the evolution in his game should'nt halt anyway. BUt he's been a remarkable player given his situation and how he brought the best out of it.

With an extra 15-20 lbs of muscle and more experience under his belt, the kid is going to do some damage along with Lebron in the league.

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Says the guy who posts more about Kobe than all other posters combined. :lol

I post sometimes to get a rile out of Kobe homers, its funny watching them explode with anger over something so petty and irrelevant.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 10:17 PM
I post sometimes to get a rile out of Kobe homers, its funny watching them explode with anger over something so petty and irrelevant.

Yeah... you keep telling yourself that. Someday you will figure it out. Recognizing is the first step... :toast

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 10:19 PM
38%>47%

Regular Season Stats>Playoff Stats

-Cobbler 03/12/2010

cobbler
04-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Sounds like a lot of excuses to me.

You mean the year that Iverson had numbers very similar to both the above players? How bizzare? :lol

*** I'm feeling a backpeddle and made up quote/lie comming soon ***
the above backpeddle comment highlighted out in post 109 just to prove the predictability of CR. :wow

And right on queue....

The backpeddle: (and removal of the comment questioning my knowledge)

I stand corrected on the All NBA defense team, I was looking at 2000-2001 season where Kobe made 2nd team, not 1st.

And the infamous lie:

38%>47%

Regular Season Stats>Playoff Stats

-Cobbler 03/12/2010

Oh so predictable....

HarlemHeat37
04-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Damn, word?..

I don't see it..

Kobe in 2000 wasn't even an all-NBA 1st team player..he was 12th in MVP voting..yes, Shaq's historic season had a part in Kobe's low MVP voting, but 12th?..you're comparing him to a guy that will be on the all-NBA 1st team this season and should finish no worse than 3rd in MVP voting, maybe even 2nd..

If you're talking about box score stats, Durant has him beat by a decent margin..Kobe was #12 in PER, while Durant was #3 in the NBA in their respective seasons..Durant's TS% was also better than Kobe's by a huge margin..yes, Kobe could have put up better stats had he been a #1 option on his team, but then there would have been an even larger gap in efficiency, since your efficiency generally lowers as your usage rises..

Kobe is the better defender by a good margin, no doubt about that..Durant is no slouch defensively, but Kobe has a good advantage in this regard..Kobe is also the better playmaker, no doubt about that..

The all-around player argument is valid, but it's not the same as overall impact on a game, which is what is used to compare players..Durant is a legitimate MVP candidate this season, an all-NBA 1st team guy and clearly had more impact on his team than Kobe did during this particular season..

You would have to believe that the current talent in the NBA is extremely weak in comparison to the NBA in 2000 to say an all-NBA 2nd team, 12th place MVP getter is better than an all-NBA 1st guy that led the NBA in scoring on amazing efficiency, was a legit MVP guy and had ridiculous +/- numbers as well..at least IMO..

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Great piece Harlem, thats real talk right there. But expect a lot of "PER, TS, or any statistical data does'nt mean shit" or simply the famous ":lol, :lmao" for the logically challenged replies from Kobe's fanbase.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Damn, word?..

I don't see it..

Kobe in 2000 wasn't even an all-NBA 1st team player..he was 12th in MVP voting..yes, Shaq's historic season had a part in Kobe's low MVP voting, but 12th?..you're comparing him to a guy that will be on the all-NBA 1st team this season and should finish no worse than 3rd in MVP voting, maybe even 2nd..

If you're talking about box score stats, Durant has him beat by a decent margin..Kobe was #12 in PER, while Durant was #3 in the NBA in their respective seasons..Durant's TS% was also better than Kobe's by a huge margin..yes, Kobe could have put up better stats had he been a #1 option on his team, but then there would have been an even larger gap in efficiency, since your efficiency generally lowers as your usage rises..

Kobe is the better defender by a good margin, no doubt about that..Durant is no slouch defensively, but Kobe has a good advantage in this regard..Kobe is also the better playmaker, no doubt about that..

The all-around player argument is valid, but it's not the same as overall impact on a game, which is what is used to compare players..Durant is a legitimate MVP candidate this season, an all-NBA 1st team guy and clearly had more impact on his team than Kobe did during this particular season..

You would have to believe that the current talent in the NBA is extremely weak in comparison to the NBA in 2000 to say an all-NBA 2nd team, 12th place MVP getter is better than an all-NBA 1st guy that led the NBA in scoring on amazing efficiency, was a legit MVP guy and had ridiculous +/- numbers as well..at least IMO..

Well said... and we will just have to agree to disagree. I am a big Durant fan so don't get me wrong. I think the difference in rolls (veteran team vs focal) and Kobe's playmaking and defensive superiority outweigh advance stats and most certainly MVP voting. MVP voting is subjective at best and rarely takes defense into account. The scorers will always have an advantage in the MVP race. Also not taken into account with any stats are heart, desire, and clutchness.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Great piece Harlem, thats real talk right there. But expect a lot of "PER, TS, or any statistical data does'nt mean shit" or simply the famous ":lol, :lmao" for the logically challenged replies from Kobe's fanbase.

Predictably obsessed.... and owned! :lol

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Kobe's playmaking and defensive superiority outweigh advance stats and most certainly MVP voting

Told you so...

The scorers will always have an advantage in the MVP race.
Ah I see. That's why Kobe won two MVP's when he led the league in scoring twice and because Steve Nash was such a great scorer.

Lets just completely flush the simple and irrefutable reason why players win MVP's nowadays and just say "scorers will always have an advantage in MVP Race"

cobbler
04-21-2010, 10:50 PM

Great piece Harlem, thats real talk right there.

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 10:52 PM

Mission accomplished. Harlem obviously not a homer deserves a real response.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Told you so...

Ah I see. That's why Kobe won two MVP's when he led the league in scoring twice and because Steve Nash was such a great scorer.

Lets just completely flush the simple and irrefutable reason why players win MVP's nowadays and just say "scorers will always have an advantage in MVP Race"

Come on now CR... I know you're hurt... but that is a huge stretch! Kobe didn't win the MVP's one of those years because of his colorado incident and you know it. He could have easily won both. Nash was the media darling and played well and actually did score well on the highest scoring team in the league besides.

If you don't think the MVP is given out to the scorers, offensive players, and media darlings well.... there isn't much that can be said.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Mission accomplished. Harlem obviously not a homer deserves a real response.

ChrisRichards aka the predictable obsessor! :toast

set up (run cursor over post 109)... fell in... and spiked! :lmao

goodnight all

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Kobe did'nt win MVP because his team could'nt even crack 50 wins. It has nothing to do with his Colorado incident, be serious for a minute. Nash won because he made his teammates better and had the best record to boot. The following year proved his worth as the Suns replicated their success despite missing Amare Stoudemire. Lebron and Wade finished higher than Kobe those years not because of the "colorado incident" but due to their better understanding the winning perspective of the game, which is more than scoring. The definition of MVP was not to put the most points in a single season.

The MVP profile has'nt changed eversince, the notion that "scorers" always have an advantage is an absolute fallacy. The past 10 winners shows that only 3 real scorers have won it. Duncan, Nash and Garnett won the rest. Guess what, none of those are scorers rather they bring a well put together dimensions of their game. Its no coincident when Kobe won his 1st MVP in 2008, it was'nt because he was scoring a lot more than his 2 previous seasons but rather he finally accepted the concept that sometimes less is more.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 11:18 PM
If you don't think the colorado incident had anything to do with how the MEDIA votes you are an idiot. And when I said scorers I also expanded that for your sake and said offensive players as well as media darlings. We were talking about the differences in DEFENSIVE skills and the MVP got brought up in a well written opinion by Harlem. Clearly you can transition from one point to the next... no?

Now you go look up the entire list of MVP's and tell me how many were given out for quality defensive years. After the Russell years there are what? 2 or 3? All others were offensive players and scorers. Geeeeeez.

You hurt?

Scola
04-21-2010, 11:22 PM
I agree with OP, hes an elite scorer like TMac or Iverson once were, however he doesn't make his teammates better like the true superstar players (wade, lebron). He might develop the skills later on but right now he belongs no-where near the MVP conversation.

ChrisRichards
04-21-2010, 11:33 PM
If you don't think the colorado incident had anything to do with how the MEDIA votes you are an idiot.?

You're a dumbass really, I look at other people in this board and I know they are trying to be an idiot, but you, man you try so hard to sound smart and objective but always ends up looking like a moron. Your mom should've swallowed you, your father made a huge mistake. Nothing can be said more.

And when I said scorers I also expanded that for your sake and said offensive players as well as media darlings. We were talking about the differences in DEFENSIVE skills and the MVP got brought up in a well written opinion by Harlem. Clearly you can transition from one point to the next... no?

Lol. Great defensive players have won MVP's too the past 20 years. Something you just cant grasp thus forcing the "scoring players have advantage" card.

Now you go look up the entire list of MVP's and tell me how many were given out for quality defensive years. After the Russell years there are what? 2 or 3? All others were offensive players and scorers. Geeeeeez.

Another dumbass post. Maybe the better statement is "Look at the list of MVP winners and tell me how many great defensive players are not overlooked just because they excell better at the other end.

No one even singled out defensive ability in this equation but rather a players all around ability to bring a winning concept.

Wait I thought you're leaving? You hurt?

cobbler
04-21-2010, 11:37 PM
ChrisRichards aka the predictable obsessor!

set up (run cursor over post 109)... fell in... and spiked!

And now resorting to the personal slams!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

RsxPiimp
04-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Kobe did'nt win MVP because his team could'nt even crack 50 wins. It has nothing to do with his Colorado incident, be serious for a minute. Nash won because he made his teammates better and had the best record to boot. The following year proved his worth as the Suns replicated their success despite missing Amare Stoudemire. Lebron and Wade finished higher than Kobe those years not because of the "colorado incident" but due to their better understanding the winning perspective of the game, which is more than scoring. The definition of MVP was not to put the most points in a single season.

The MVP profile has'nt changed eversince, the notion that "scorers" always have an advantage is an absolute fallacy. The past 10 winners shows that only 3 real scorers have won it. Duncan, Nash and Garnett won the rest. Guess what, none of those are scorers rather they bring a well put together dimensions of their game. Its no coincident when Kobe won his 1st MVP in 2008, it was'nt because he was scoring a lot more than his 2 previous seasons but rather he finally accepted the concept that sometimes less is more.

You should stop trolling and start posting like this often. ST already has a lot of trolls as it is. You bring valid points here, but IMO I think Kobe was still robbed in 05-06 but at the same time, I understand why voters did'nt vote for him, its hard to win such prestigious award on a 45(?) win team. But I think that was his MVP trophy, but I also dont have a problem with Nash winning it. Just like in 2008 when it was close between Kobe and Chris Paul. Both were deserving IMO.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 11:43 PM
You should stop trolling and start posting like this often. ST already has a lot of trolls as it is. You bring valid points here, but IMO I think Kobe was still robbed in 05-06. I think that was his MVP trophy, but I also dont have a problem with Nash winning it. Just like in 2008 when it was close between Kobe and Chris Paul. Both were deserving IMO.

So your honest opinion Rsx... cause I think a lot of people feel he was robbed on 05-06. Do you or don't you think his rep and the colorado incident was a determining factor?

JoeTait75
04-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Come on now CR... I know you're hurt... but that is a huge stretch! Kobe didn't win the MVP's one of those years because of his colorado incident and you know it. He could have easily won both. Nash was the media darling and played well and actually did score well on the highest scoring team in the league besides.

If you don't think the MVP is given out to the scorers, offensive players, and media darlings well.... there isn't much that can be said.

Kobe could have had David Robinson's personality and he wouldn't have won an MVP in those years. 45-win teams don't have MVPs.

LeBron should have been MVP in 2005-06.

RsxPiimp
04-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Do you or don't you think his rep and the colorado incident was a determining factor?

It was a factor. No one likes Kobe then. Everyone was slamming him post Shaq. From a statistical point of view I felt Kobe was robbed in 05-06, but considering the other factors too like total team wins was the bottom line I think.

Still, just to show people how bias voters were. PJ Brown received more first place votes than Kobe in 04-05. Thats just wrong.

RsxPiimp
04-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Kobe could have had David Robinson's personality and he wouldn't have won an MVP in those years. 45-win teams don't have MVPs.

LeBron should have been MVP in 2005-06.

MVP's should'nt have serious offensive flaws in their game. 05-06 Bron was building arenas with his bricks with his jumper. ;)

cobbler
04-22-2010, 12:01 AM
You're a dumbass really, I look at other people in this board and I know they are trying to be an idiot, but you, man you try so hard to sound smart and objective but always ends up looking like a moron. Your mom should've swallowed you, your father made a huge mistake. Nothing can be said more.

I am smart and have the degrees, job, and money to prove it. I sure don't need validation from the internet. That's laughable. I also have completely admitted to being a Laker homer. I guess you missed those posts. Sad thing is, my homerism for the team I have rooted for longer than you have been alive is completely exceeded by your obsession over them.

Lol. Great defensive players have won MVP's too the past 20 years. Something you just cant grasp thus forcing the "scoring players have advantage" card.

Another dumbass post. Maybe the better statement is "Look at the list of MVP winners and tell me how many great defensive players are not overlooked just because they excell better at the other end.

Lets see... post Russell....

Kareem
Mcadoo
Walton
Moses
DR J
Bird
Magic
Jordan
Barkley
Hakeem
DRob
Shaq
Iverson
Duncan
Garnett
Nash
Dirk
Kobe
Lebron

Yeah... I look at that list and I just think defensive dominance! :lol
Yes, several of them are good defensive players. Very few were great. All are very good offinsive players and scorers and the majority are great at it.

Wait I thought you're leaving? You hurt?

Nope... thought I would stick around as the game was ending and toy with you.

set up (run cursor over post 109)... fell in... and spiked!

And now resorting to the personal slams!

TheMACHINE
04-22-2010, 12:19 AM
CR's posts would actually be decent if he stops trying to bust the "troll" angle. I kinda see him go in and out of his trolling, but finds ways for most of us NOT to take him seriously, even when he has good takes.

ChrisRichards
04-22-2010, 12:21 AM
I am smart and have the degrees, job, and money to prove it. I sure don't need validation from the internet. That's laughable.!

You just shared a part of what you wanted to be in real life to people who dont give a damn. Sounds like you need a validation. :lol

Lets see... post Russell....

Kareem
Mcadoo
Walton
Moses
DR J
Bird
Magic
Jordan
Barkley
Hakeem
DRob
Shaq
Iverson
Duncan
Garnett
Nash
Dirk
Kobe
Lebron

Yeah... I look at that list and I just think defensive dominance! :lol
Yes, several of them are good defensive players.
!
Like I said, you're a dumbass. No further proof.

ChrisRichards
04-22-2010, 12:24 AM
CR's posts would actually be decent if he stops trying to bust the "troll" angle. I kinda see him go in and out of his trolling, but finds ways for most of us NOT to take him seriously, even when he has good takes.

I really only like to play with cobbler the most. TBH, I dont have a problem with any fans on this site. Its a message board, people should'nt take it seriously, we throw insults, jokes whatever. Cobbler is the only person in this board to really take things at a personal level, even going out as far as saying " I hate you" :lol

Killakobe81
04-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Yes, im sure you know this since you watch OKC games all the time.

No, not ALL the time but who does? i watched the big games and he had some great ones and his defense is NOT steve Nash bad in fact last night he made a few nice blocks ...

But he is no where close to the defender Kobe was at the same age ... I would buy alotof what you selling but that is horseshit...

Kobe was a great defender true he only plays it sometimes now and is living a bit off his "rep" as a defender but even still much better defender than KD

Oh and at forrward much easier to defend ESPECIALLY with new rules that benefit guards ...

cobbler
04-22-2010, 12:47 AM
You just shared a part of what you wanted to be in real life to people who dont give a damn. Sounds like you need a validation. :lol

Wanted? hahaha

Kareem - Never known as a great defensive stopper. His game was offense
Walton - hahaha
Moses - Very good
Jordan - Undeniable
Hakeem - Great
DRob - Decent but soft
Shaq - Laughable and possibly the worst pick and roll defender of all the great centers
Duncan - Great
Garnett - Great

ChrisRichards
04-22-2010, 12:50 AM
KK 81, Id give Kobe the edge on fundamentals defensively. But I think KD has the tools to be a better defensive player in the future because of his wing span. Only question is will he have the desire to step up to the plate.

cobbler
04-22-2010, 12:53 AM
I really only like to play with cobbler the most. TBH, I dont have a problem with any fans on this site. Its a message board, people should'nt take it seriously, we throw insults, jokes whatever. Cobbler is the only person in this board to really take things at a personal level, even going out as far as saying " I hate you" :lol

If by play you mean get shown for the fool you are... :toast

Yet another lie... do you always resort to such tactics after being clowned?

And yeah.... I'm the only one take it personal

And yet the more you keep saying. Go figure. That you actually believe your own BS is laughable. :lol

cobbler
04-22-2010, 12:54 AM
KK 81, Id give Kobe the edge on fundamentals defensively. But I think KD has the tools to be a better defensive player in the future because of his wing span. Only question is will he have the desire to step up to the plate.

Bactracking again? You said it was a wash. For god's sake boy... make up your mind. Can you be any more predictible?

ChrisRichards
04-22-2010, 12:58 AM
This glory is too important for you, to a point you're really obsessed with every post I make and have to constantly tell yourself you "owned" someone despite no one other than yourself bringing it up. So now go on with your great life with your money and degree. And please no need to prove it to people here at Spurstalk. :lol

ChrisRichards
04-22-2010, 01:06 AM
Wanted? hahaha

Kareem - Never known as a great defensive stopper. His game was offense
Walton - hahaha
Moses - Very good
Jordan - Undeniable
Hakeem - Great
DRob - Decent but soft
Shaq - Laughable and possibly the worst pick and roll defender of all the great centers
Duncan - Great
Garnett - Great

Skipped on McAdoo lol

Lol @ calling Shaq'a defense laughable. Somehow 11 rpg and 2 blocks per game is laughable.

lol @ D Rob being soft- DPOY and multiple All NBA defense team, also a main reason why the Spurs won mutiple championships. Lol. Soft.

Walton is not "hahaha" by any standard defensively. The guy won a title, an MVP, Finals MVP and making the All Defensive team all in the same year.

Stop trying.

cobbler
04-22-2010, 02:16 AM
Skipped on McAdoo lol.

Commented only on the ones you highlighted. McAdoo was known for his scoring.

Lol @ calling Shaq'a defense laughable. Somehow 11 rpg and 2 blocks per game is laughable..

11 rpg and 2 blocks for a guy Shaqs size is laughable. Could have been the all time greatest center... not even top 5. Well known throughout the league as one of the worst pick and roll defenders amoungst bigs.

lol @ D Rob being soft- DPOY and multiple All NBA defense team, also a main reason why the Spurs won mutiple championships. Lol. Soft..

Loved the Admiral. Lot's of respect. Still, widely known as soft soft soft.

Walton is not "hahaha" by any standard defensively. The guy won a title, an MVP, Finals MVP and making the All Defensive team all in the same year. .

One year does not make a career. Prolific scorer. Best even in NCAA. Not a particularly great defender.

Stop trying.

Not an effort.

cobbler
04-22-2010, 02:25 AM
This glory is too important for you, to a point you're really obsessed with every post I make and have to constantly tell yourself you "owned" someone despite no one other than yourself bringing it up. So now go on with your great life with your money and degree. And please no need to prove it to people here at Spurstalk. :lol

Every post you make? Nope. Just the moronic ones. And yes I will continue to point them out. You don't see me making threads all the time about the same topic, in fact i rarely start threads at all. I just simply point out your obsession. I have only used the "owned" comment in 2 threads. This one where I laughingly predicted your responses and you complied beautifully and the Artest/Ariza thread where you were embarassed and resorted to lying and personal attacks. But hey... that's your MO. I don't have multiple posters on here always calling me out. A few. Harlem... Miami... You... Oh wait... just one! :lol

Prove what? I have nothing to prove. Certainly not here. If you cannot handle the facts... so be it.

Thanks for playing... Toodles...

MiamiHeat
04-22-2010, 02:36 AM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z210/No_Justice_No_Peace/i-am-monitoring-this-thread.jpg

oh crap
04-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Kenny "in 3 years, Kevin Durant will be the best player in the NBA"

oh crap
04-22-2010, 11:32 PM
:lmao @ lakaluva. seriously kid, you're too funny. rofl @ this thread. superstar i saiiid!

oh crap
04-22-2010, 11:34 PM
29/19 tonight bitches

ChrisRichards
04-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Durant shits on this thread.

Blake
04-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Kenny "in 3 years, Kevin Durant will be the best player in the NBA"

kenny's a dumbass

ChrisRichards
04-22-2010, 11:47 PM
kenny's a dumbass
This is not a reach. Kevin can challenge Bron for the best player title in 3 years. If KD develops hos body and puts a lot more time in his conditioning then people should watch out.

z0sa
04-22-2010, 11:47 PM
kenny's a dumbass

sadly so. LeBron will clearly be the undisputed best player in 3 years just like he is now.

duhoh
04-23-2010, 12:52 AM
kenny's a dumbass

he tries TOO hard to sound smart sometimes :bang

itzsoweezee
04-23-2010, 12:54 AM
:lmao

Cry Havoc
04-23-2010, 02:54 AM
Durant just made almost every Lakers fan in this thread look like a complete idiot.

He might not be as good as Kobe yet, but it's a lot closer than most Lakers fans want to admit.

And really, are Lakers fans accusing other fans of being obsessed when it comes to Kobe vs. X threads? Especially in a thread made BY Laker fan?

mogrovejo
04-23-2010, 05:10 AM
Durant just made almost every Lakers fan in this thread look like a complete idiot.

He might not be as good as Kobe yet, but it's a lot closer than most Lakers fans want to admit.

And really, are Lakers fans accusing other fans of being obsessed when it comes to Kobe vs. X threads? Especially in a thread made BY Laker fan?

:rollin

I mean, how is this possible? It's like this message board exists in some alternative universe.

mogrovejo
04-23-2010, 05:12 AM
sadly so. LeBron will clearly be the undisputed best player in 3 years just like he is now.

Yeps.

Durant can become just as good as Howard/Wade and even surpass those guys in 3 years though. He's top 4 now but on his way to be a top-2.

kamikazi_player
04-23-2010, 05:50 AM
Wow, Laker fans calling Shaq's defense bad for his whole career? Can you actually say that with a straight face? :lol

ezau
04-23-2010, 06:09 AM
I really think that Durant can surpass Lebron. Don't get me wrong, but Durant's skill set and superior length are enough to surpass Lebron in five years.

mogrovejo
04-23-2010, 06:17 AM
Durant can be just as good as LeBron as a scorer. He already is. As a rebounder. He already is. As a defender. At this pace, he'll be.

But he'll never be in LeBron's territory as a playmaker. And that makes a world of difference.

Durant's peers in the next few years will be Wade and Howard. Maybe Melo, Williams. Maybe some other guys that may step up.

LeBron's peers will be Larry Bird and Michael Jordan.

Two different races.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 08:04 AM
He might

Spurs/Mavs doms and their love affair with "might."

It's absolutely adorable.

Cry Havoc
04-23-2010, 09:21 AM
:rollin

I mean, how is this possible? It's like this message board exists in some alternative universe.

As it stands, I'd probably take Durant.

However, he still doesn't have the playoff experience or the consistently great performances over the years that Bryant has. That's the main difference here.

Experience aside, it's Durant right now, he's younger and healthier, as evidenced by the multitude of Laker fan here trying to vicariously protect their e-peen.

TampaDude
04-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Durant: "Hey Lakers fans, how's my ass taste???"

jdev82
04-23-2010, 09:55 AM
if you could get lebron or KD on your team for the next 10 years, who would you take?
for me its not even a question. KD is set to be a better player than lebron

ChrisRichards
04-23-2010, 10:59 AM

:toast

ChrisRichards
04-23-2010, 11:02 AM
if you could get lebron or KD on your team for the next 10 years, who would you take?
for me its not even a question. KD is set to be a better player than lebron
Give me Lebron right now. He's the better pacakage. KD in 2-3 years may get in the best player in the league conversation. It all depends how he takes his off season conditioning seriously.

Kobe's work ethic + KD's skill, then you have a player that can seriously challenge the GOAT.

Dex
04-23-2010, 11:04 AM
LOL beat by a team without a superstar