PDA

View Full Version : It could be so easy for the Lakers

milkshakeballa
04-21-2010, 01:04 AM
even with Kobe hurt.

FUCK.

Just like Charles said...they make things so difficult.

They meaning KOBE.

And somewhat extending to Fish and Phil (for playing Fish).

Kobe has been playing like this ALL SEASON. Putting up WAY too many shots. I figure he was just tyring to shoot out of his slump. Figure out how to shoot with his injured fingered. He obvi never did.

But now...in the playoffs...STILL playing like a selfish chucker that has to get his? REALLY?

Laker fans..can you really disagree with this statement with what we have seen?

The only way Kobe wins a title again it will be done HIS WAY...if not he will go down shooting.

And that is why we will not win a title this year.

If the finger was healthy and fine...go ahead and be a killer Kobe..just like last year. At times...I agree it was the BEST option. Now....shooting 20 fucking percent for months...its INCREDIBLY selfish. I CAN'T STAND IT.

Look at how the Lakers played in Game 1. Their offense. I by no means am worried about their defense...it is championship quality RIGHT NOW. They ran the offense through Gasol AND Bynum throughout the first quarter and a half. THEY DOMINATED. They were getting open looks off of it. UCLA cuts off the post. It opened things up.

Today:
Drew: 3/9
Pau: 8/14
Total: 11/23

Kobe: 12/28
Fisher: 2/10
Artest: 2/10
Total:16/48

Yes...the Thunder fronted and crowded the paint. There are COUNTERS in the Tri to this. But they don't even TRY the counters. The backcourt is so EXTREMELY IMPATIENT. THEY DO NOT WANT TO WAIT. These guys are putting up shots early in the clock they can get at ANYTIME...without Drew or Pau touching the ball in the post at all. And its obvi both Pau and Drew are WAY MORE active on D when they get touches, any player is.

So unless things change...all you Laker haters will get your wish...and soon.

IMO.

DesignatedT
04-21-2010, 01:07 AM
i agree that the lakers should be feeding the post a little more. gasol/bynum should have there way down there.

milkshakeballa
04-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Kobe eats first... period.

And when the time comes..because it will be coming soon....Kobe better get his SHIT first too...cuz its going be ALL ON HIM...PERIOD.

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Noone feeds the post to the bigs. Why do you guys think its only Kobe who doesnt feed the post? Also, Gasol comes out and does the pick and roll ALL THE TIME. He also passes the ball out of the post ALL THE TIME.

Killakobe81
04-21-2010, 01:13 AM
even with Kobe hurt.

FUCK.

They meaning KOBE.

Kobe has been playing like this ALL SEASON. Putting up WAY too many shots. I figure he was just tyring to shoot out of his slump. Figure out how to shoot with his injured fingered. He obvi never did.

But now...in the playoffs...STILL playing like a selfish chucker that has to get his? REALLY?

The only way Kobe wins a title again it will be done HIS WAY...if not he will go down shooting.

If the finger was healthy and fine...go ahead and be a killer Kobe..just like last year. At times...I agree it was the BEST option. Now....shooting 20 fucking percent for months...its INCREDIBLY selfish. I CAN'T STAND IT.

Look at how the Lakers played in Game 1. Their offense. I by no means am worried about their defense...it is championship quality RIGHT NOW. They ran the offense through Gasol AND Bynum throughout the first quarter and a half. THEY DOMINATED. They were getting open looks off of it. UCLA cuts off the post. It opened things up.

Today:

Yes...the Thunder fronted and crowded the paint. There are COUNTERS in the Tri to this. But they don't even TRY the counters. The backcourt is so EXTREMELY IMPATIENT. THEY DO NOT WANT TO WAIT. These guys are putting up shots early in the clock they can get at ANYTIME...without Drew or Pau touching the ball in the post at all. And its obvi both Pau and Drew are WAY MORE active on D when they get touches, any player is.

IMO.

I agree we NEED MORE balance but ...Fihser artest shot 4-20 When being LEFT WIDE THE FYUCK OPEN by OKC.

Do you REALLY want THOSE guys to shoot more? Lamar had the ball a whole lot but he didnt do shit with it ...

I agree we do NOT look like champs but i fthe answer is let our brick layer stake more shots that is foolish. The paint was packed Pau was just atling about it post game ...SOMEONE NEEDS to make SOME shots!!!

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 01:15 AM
damn son...you should be posting this shit when we actually lose our first playoff game, not 2-0.

milkshakeballa
04-21-2010, 01:16 AM
Like I said...I am FULYL aware Fisher RARELY passes the ball in the post.

And Fisher sohuld be getting no more than 10 minutes a game right now. Farmar and Brown have been given Phil GREAT stints in these 2 games. REWARD THEM.

But it starts and ends with Kobe. Is there no denying that?

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 01:16 AM
"Yes...the Thunder fronted and crowded the paint."

They're afraid of turning it over on the fronting, so we end up with the 20ft howitzers.

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 01:17 AM
But it starts and ends with Kobe. Is there no denying that?

as it should

milkshakeballa
04-21-2010, 01:17 AM
Noone feeds the post to the bigs. Why do you guys think its only Kobe who doesnt feed the post? Also, Gasol comes out and does the pick and roll ALL THE TIME. He also passes the ball out of the post ALL THE TIME.

machine

THAT IS FINE!!!

If Pau gets it in the post and pass it back out thats FINE!

You make the defense collapse! Make them scramble!

It happened in the first half and Farmar hit a wide open 3.

I'm not JUST talking about FGA.

POST TOUCHES....They aren't even getting enough of those machine.

milkshakeballa
04-21-2010, 01:18 AM
"Yes...the Thunder fronted and crowded the paint."

They're afraid of turning it over on the fronting, so we end up with the 20ft howitzers.

There are counters to fronting...such as

Oh maybe swinging the ball to the otherside

They have ZERO patience culby. ZERO.

TheMACHINE
machine

THAT IS FINE!!!

If Pau gets it in the post and pass it back out thats FINE!

You make the defense collapse! Make them scramble!

It happened in the first half and Farmar hit a wide open 3.

I'm not JUST talking about FGA.

POST TOUCHES....They aren't even getting enough of those machine.

i agree, but im not sure why you calling out Kobe on it. Kobe passe sthe ball to Pau probably the most. lol

namlook
even with Kobe hurt.

FUCK.

Sometimes Barkley will say something that makes sense but his analysis is weak. As usual Barkley oversimplifies things. It's not as easy as Barkley is making it out to be. OKC are making it hard to feed the post. They are fronting and are very athletic and active swarming the big men in the post. The Lakers can't lob over the top successfully as a result. Also note the turnovers Bynum had when he tried to make moves in traffic.

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 01:19 AM

passing to the other side results in Artest shooting a 3. :wow

DJ Mbenga
04-21-2010, 01:19 AM
they are fronting the post.

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 01:20 AM
they front the post, pau turns around and gets blocked.

what the lakers need to do is pick and roll with pau...when collison move over and leaves bynum, bynum should get the pass for a dunk.

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 01:23 AM

I know. Kobe taught them to get angry at resistance. So now they're all flustered wanting OKC to just go away so they can get on with it.

milkshakeballa
04-21-2010, 01:26 AM
damn son...you should be posting this shit when we actually lose our first playoff game, not 2-0.

So you are happy with how we have played ??

I could give a fuck we are up 2-0 on the Thunder.

You really think this will fly against Dallas/Denver? (I know DEN sucks now...but you know they will b ready for us)

Don't even start with Cleveland or Orlando...if we play them right now it is 5 games MAX.

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 01:29 AM

You really think this will fly against Dallas/Denver? (I know DEN sucks now...but you know they will b ready for us)

Don't even start with Cleveland or Orlando...if we play them right now it is 5 games MAX.

no im not happy...but im also not going to single out Kobe.

Killakobe81
04-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Who could be happy with how we played?

But US Celts and cavs only teams up 2-0 so far ...

And as Mark Jackson said Sunday if Kobe cant drop 40 on a given night we aint winning shit anyways ...

I dont care about 40 ...but the 15 in the 4th maybe needed from time to time

namlook
04-21-2010, 01:31 AM

You are underrating OKC. They are very good and they give the Lakers fits because they Lakers struggle dealing with their quickness and athleticism. Dallas and Denver don't have the same type of athletes that OKC does so you can't say that because OKC is making it tough that this spells doom for the Lakers. Apples and Oranges.

Cry Havoc
04-21-2010, 01:35 AM
i agree, but im not sure why you calling out Kobe on it.

Because Kobe is A) the leader of the team and B) has the ball more than anyone else, perhaps?

milkshakeballa
04-21-2010, 01:36 AM
You are underrating OKC. They are very good and they give the Lakers fits because they Lakers struggle dealing with their quickness and athleticism. Dallas and Denver don't have the same type of athletes that OKC does so you can't say that because OKC is making it tough that this spells doom for the Lakers. Apples and Oranges.

I'm fully aware OKC is a good team. They are the 5th best team in the East IMO.

With that said...they have ZERO size...ZERO experience. We should be pounding this team at home in their first 2 playoff games.

I know people will bring up Houston last year...but this team at htis point would get beat by last years team in 6 games.

JamStone
04-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Today, the Lakers offense started poorly because of Fisher more so than Kobe. Fisher took the first two shots of the game I believe. And I think the Thunder keeping the game close pretty much the entire game also put Kobe into that mindset of trying to score more so than facilitate. And Kobe shot efficiently in the second half when it mattered. The Lakers definitely need to get Gasol and Bynum more involved early in each half, but I don't think that was really on Kobe tonight. Plus, when Fisher, Artest, and Odom combine to shoot 23% from the field, you're going to see Kobe get more focused on scoring himself.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 01:38 AM

Blasphmy!!!! Are you actually suggesting Fish, Farmar, Brown, Artest, and Odom actualy touch the ball? You have the nerve to think Fish comes down looks right into the post and turns away afraid to make the entry pass? Come on, this is all on Kobe cause clearly Kobe takes the ball out of bounds, passes it to himself and then dribbles the clock out and shoots at the last second. :lol

milkshakeballa
04-21-2010, 01:41 AM
Don't worry, milk, no one is closing us out baby.

CLE and ORL would beat us in 5 RIGHT NOW. God I hope we improve. Kobe 20 shots or less 45% with 5 assists a game and Ron hitting 40% during the series would do...AND fish getting a token 10 minutes and Farmar/Brown getting the rest and playing how they have the first 2 games of this series.

FUCK we are asking for a lot...

:depressed:depressed:depressed

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 01:41 AM
Cobbler is right. Fuck Kobe!

Cry Havoc
04-21-2010, 01:43 AM
It's kind of scary to see a Lakers fan on this forum who isn't trolling, or at least attempting to prove how Kobe is the greatest player in the NBA every day (although TM is exempted from this at times).

milkshakeballa
04-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Blasphmy!!!! Are you actually suggesting Fish, Farmar, Brown, Artest, and Odom actualy touch the ball? You have the nerve to think Fish comes down looks right into the post and turns away afraid to make the entry pass? Come on, this is all on Kobe cause clearly Kobe takes the ball out of bounds, passes it to himself and then dribbles the clock out and shoots at the last second. :lol

I've shitted on FIsh so much and realize he doesn't make any post entries.

But Kobe is BY FAR AND AWAY the BALL DOMINANT PLAYER ON THIS TEAM and it isn't close. he facilitates our o for the most part.

Like machine said..it starts and ends with kobe.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 01:44 AM
Today, the Lakers offense started poorly because of Fisher more so than Kobe. Fisher took the first two shots of the game I believe. And I think the Thunder keeping the game close pretty much the entire game also put Kobe into that mindset of trying to score more so than facilitate. And Kobe shot efficiently in the second half when it mattered. The Lakers definitely need to get Gasol and Bynum more involved early in each half, but I don't think that was really on Kobe tonight. Plus, when Fisher, Artest, and Odom combine to shoot 23% from the field, you're going to see Kobe get more focused on scoring himself.

As usual Jam... nice post.

I have said it for years... the weakest skillset for the Lakers as a whole is making the post entry pass. They look right at the bigs who have their men sealed and just walk away afaid to make the pass. It is not just Kobe. Fish is by far the worst though.

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 01:46 AM
It's kind of scary to see a Lakers fan on this forum who isn't trolling, or at least attempting to prove how Kobe is the greatest player in the NBA every day (although TM is exempted from this at times).

forgive my reading comprehension, but is this an insult to me?! lol

cobbler
04-21-2010, 01:49 AM

Im one if the biggest Kobe supporters on the forum but have no illusions that hes the greatest player everyday. He's a great player and has proven so. He has bad days like everyone else as well. He's clearly declining and will continue to do so. I also believe he will get the most out of someone with those miles as well. Many of us supporters simply respond or come to bat for our guy. The player on our team. And its responding to the constant rapist, throwing under the bus, chucker etc comments. At least, that's my motivation and I can only speak for myself.

milkshakeballa
04-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Im one if the biggest Kobe supporters on the forum but have no illusions that hes the greatest player everyday. He's a great player and has proven so. He has bad days like everyone else as well. He's clearly declining and will continue to do so. I also believe he will get the most out of someone with those miles as well. Many of us supporters simply respond or come to bat for our guy. The player on our team. And its responding to the constant rapist, throwing under the bus, chucker etc comments. At least, that's my motivation and I can only speak for myself.

Me 2 cobbler. Look up my post on this site.

But there is ZERO excuse for how he is playing right now.

HE IS CHUCKING. He is playing to get his. INCREDIBLY selfish.

You don't agree?

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 01:53 AM
Me 2 cobbler. Look up my post on this site.

But there is ZERO excuse for how he is playing right now.

HE IS CHUCKING. He is playing to get his. INCREDIBLY selfish.

You don't agree?

i dont agree. I think he is just trying to win. but to each his own.

milkshakeballa
04-21-2010, 01:56 AM
i dont agree. I think he is just trying to win. but to each his own.

I agreed with this last year...and when he was healthy. And I AGREED WITH him. At times it was best for him last year to go off.

Now...when he is injured...naaa...he just wants to prove people wrong...and its going to fuck us in the ass.

MiamiHeat
04-21-2010, 01:58 AM
don't worry laker fans

I've got more accurate predictions for you

this is not the 2004 kobe anymore. (bare with me) the 2004 kobe didn't give a fuck about the Lakers, the fans, his teammates, or anyone. He only gave a fuck about winning a Finals MVP and having his "Jordan moment"... he shot the lakers out of the series.

HOWEVE, shaq is gone.

This kobe knows that this is "his" team, so he will try to get shit done "his" way for now, but if the Lakers get their backs pressed on a wall, kobe WILL change his game so the lakers will win

why? simple. he knows he will get the credit no matter what. he isn't stupid.

so don't fret. if shit hits the fan, kobe won't allow himself to shit on the lakers like before. he is happy. the team is "his"

cobbler
04-21-2010, 01:59 AM
I've shitted on FIsh so much and realize he doesn't make any post entries.

But Kobe is BY FAR AND AWAY the BALL DOMINANT PLAYER ON THIS TEAM and it isn't close. he facilitates our o for the most part.

Like machine said..it starts and ends with kobe.

I guess we just see different games. No doubht there are games Kobe takes way too many shots. I just didnt see it in this one. He missed several in the first half that were in and out. I really didn't feel he was taking them out of the flow of the offense. As Jam said, Fish set the tone in this game. And the Thunder did as well. Kobe does in fact make the entry to Pau more than any other Laker as Machine noted. How may times was the pass made and Bynum or Odom tried to toss up the 2-3 foot finesse shots only to see them swatted? They had 17 friggen blocks!!! If your bigs aren't going to take it to the hole hard and get swatted time after time.... I'm not passing it either. It's a fine line and often difficult to determine. It's on Kobe to do so. Thats why he gets an unfair amount of the glory...and an unfair amount of the blame. I imagine the real story is somewhere in the middle..no?

When a team packs it in the paint... the game is in the hands of the jump shooters and the Lakers sucked with the outside shot tonight. This was on Fish, Ron, and Odom (did he actually play?).

I also, as posted in another thread find it amising at all the Durant is all this and that and such a pure shooter comments followed by the Kobe is a chucker posts when they shot almost identical numbers. We all see a lot with our hearts.

Cry Havoc
04-21-2010, 02:04 AM
forgive my reading comprehension, but is this an insult to me?! lol

Quite the opposite, actually.

Baseline
04-21-2010, 03:38 AM
even with Kobe hurt.

FUCK.

They meaning KOBE.

Today:

IMO.

You make great points.

This is precisely why I can't stand Bryant and never have been able to stand him. I've been saying this for 13 years now.

But with this current team, Bryant has been given an embarrassment of riches with that frontline, and as Barkley said, he makes it too hard.

Gasol is so incredibly skilled, and equally unselfish, that if they ran more of the offense through Gasol, they would beat pretty much everybody by 15-20 points. In fact, Gasol and Odom are the two most unselfish players and the two best passers on the team.

In my opinion Gasol should touch it on every possession. Yet he'll go 4-5 trips without a touch, yet people will yell at him for not hitting the boards while Bryant misses 5 contested jumpers. It's insane.

They ran a nice high-low post tonight one time with Gasol and Bynum. Gee, I wonder if any of the Laker staff ever saw Duncan and Robinson play together. There's no reason why those two shouldn't be running high-low posts about five times a quarter.

And here's a secret, Laker fans....Gasol is more accurate from 15-17 feet than Bryant is.

Why you Laker fans actually love Bryant is really beyond me.

cobbler
04-21-2010, 03:52 AM
You make great points.

This is precisely why I can't stand Bryant and never have been able to stand him. I've been saying this for 13 years now.

But with this current team, Bryant has been given an embarrassment of riches with that frontline, and as Barkley said, he makes it too hard.

Gasol is so incredibly skilled, and equally unselfish, that if they ran more of the offense through Gasol, they would beat pretty much everybody by 15-20 points. In fact, Gasol and Odom are the two most unselfish players and the two best passers on the team.

In my opinion Gasol should touch it on every possession. Yet he'll go 4-5 trips without a touch, yet people will yell at him for not hitting the boards while Bryant misses 5 contested jumpers. It's insane.

They ran a nice high-low post tonight one time with Gasol and Bynum. Gee, I wonder if any of the Laker staff ever saw Duncan and Robinson play together. There's no reason why those two shouldn't be running high-low posts about five times a quarter.

And here's a secret, Laker fans....Gasol is more accurate from 15-17 feet than Bryant is.

Why you Laker fans actually love Bryant is really beyond me.

And why you feel so compelled to have us hate him is beyond us. And funny thing is that Bryant passes the ball to Gasol more than any other Laker yet we never hear about the others inability to do so. That would suggest your hatred clouds your vison as much as our loyalty does. Now I can understand fans of a team being homers to a degree, I know I am. But what's difficult to understand is someone disliking a player on another team so much that it bothers you that fans of said team don't.

RsxPiimp
04-21-2010, 03:58 AM
I would like to know why Kobe and Gasol does'nt run their pick and roll. Gasol is very good seperating himself and finding the right spot to shoot a jumper when the double comes to Kobe from Pau's screen. They've had so much success in the past with this move but they rarely run this play.

Kobe always seem to pass to perimeter players when Gasol runs a screen for him. Normally this is a good play, but when your options are Fisher or Artest then it competely negates every effort made.

Chillen
04-21-2010, 07:42 AM
I don't know, the Lakers look good enough to come out of the West this year but if the Cavaliers are there and are all healthy with homecourt advantage I see shades of Lakers vs Boston 2008 brewing, in other words Lakers look like they can be unseated/beat this season.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-21-2010, 08:46 AM
And why you feel so compelled to have us hate him is beyond us. And funny thing is that Bryant passes the ball to Gasol more than any other Laker yet we never hear about the others inability to do so. That would suggest your hatred clouds your vison as much as our loyalty does. Now I can understand fans of a team being homers to a degree, I know I am. But what's difficult to understand is someone disliking a player on another team so much that it bothers you that fans of said team don't.

This. I never got the hate for Kobe.

picc84
04-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Kobe could def reign the shooting in. Which he did to an extent in the second half. I wish he wasnt as ball dominant as he is, but when the others show any sign of passiveness he thinks he has to take it upon himself to be aggressive. I'd prefer 20 or so shots per game.

However cobbler has a good point, no one tries to get the ball to Gasol more than Kobe does. The other clowns on the team, specifically the PG crew, are the ones who have no excuse for their jacking.

It could be so easy for the lakers if Ron Artest could shoot a lick. It could be so easy if Derek Fisher had an ounce of talent. If could be so easy if Phil Jackson coached to player and team strengths instead of his own little preconceived notion of what should work.

Lots of if's and Kobe's shot selection is only one of them.

Cry Havoc
04-21-2010, 09:26 AM
This. I never got the hate for Kobe.

If a player is hyped, he's hated.

Look at LeBron. He's been nothing short of the consummate teammate on the court for the Cavs, and there is tons of hate for him on this forum, even though anyone on this site would immediately wet themselves if he was traded to their team.

I mean, there's a certain amount of people who don't even like Tim Duncan in this forum. What's that tell you?

Killakobe81
04-21-2010, 03:35 PM
As usual Jam... nice post.

I have said it for years... the weakest skillset for the Lakers as a whole is making the post entry pass. They look right at the bigs who have their men sealed and just walk away afaid to make the pass. It is not just Kobe. Fish is by far the worst though.

I agree. We suck at post passing. And who has ever heard me say Kobe is GOAT or >MJ?

I still preffered him to Lebron BEFORE THISi year and still take him over Durant and Melo ....
but Lebron is the best player right now ...
MJ is the GOAT
Magic a close 2nd

Kobe (since 1980) is 3rd best or maybe even 5th if you give the nod to Duncan and hakeem. i just dont think any other player is better in that timeframe ...

i feel no need to argue Kobe's place but guys like BRhornet and insecure Spur fans that say he is all hype are idiots.
Not the GOAT but an all-time great.

I saw Kareem in 1980 -88 but missed his prime.

Killakobe81
04-21-2010, 03:38 PM
If a player is hyped, he's hated.

Look at LeBron. He's been nothing short of the consummate teammate on the court for the Cavs, and there is tons of hate for him on this forum, even though anyone on this site would immediately wet themselves if he was traded to their team.

I mean, there's a certain amount of people who don't even like Tim Duncan in this forum. What's that tell you?

You are an indiot to hate on Lebron, kobe and Duncan. You dont HAVE to like anyone.

But trolls that try to diminish any of what the 3 have accomplished Especially if Lebron gets his 1st ring ...are stupid.