PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play bball with a chucker?

pauls931
04-21-2010, 06:38 AM
At work we play bball during lunch and there's a couple chuckers that show up occasionally. I hate ending up on the team with one because...

1. They volume shoot and normally suck.
2. If they ever pass the ball, the receiver will shoot because they never know when they'll get another chance resulting in a bad shot.
3. If you're behind chucker will go into super chucker mode with a 0% chance of passing.
4. They think they're good when they suck and hurt their team.
5. Most chuckers play 0% defense because they're always thinking of their next shot.

BlackSwordsMan
04-21-2010, 07:42 AM
we call them matt bonner's around here

pauls931
04-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Another point, I'll stop trying to run up the court because I know my effort will not be rewarded if I get ahead of the defense. Cutting is a waste of time because they'll never pass the ball to you. God, I hate them... And no, I don't play for the Thunder.

monosylab1k
04-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Cutting is a waste of time because they'll never pass the ball to you

The most annoying thing is when you make a good cut to the basket and Mr. Black Hole sees you and gives you the "yeah I should have passed it but I saw you too late, sorry about that" look. It starts to feel disingenuous after the fifth or sixth time.

resistanze
04-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Chuckers are my least favorite along with hackers. They don't seem to get that defense shouldn't involving racking someone across the arm/wrist on every possession. You end up not calling fouls anymore because you know it's fruitless.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-21-2010, 08:36 AM
The most annoying thing is when you make a good cut to the basket and Mr. Black Hole sees you and gives you the "yeah I should have passed it but I saw you too late, sorry about that" look. It starts to feel disingenuous after the fifth or sixth time.

THANK YOU. This kind of shit happens all the time at the Rec where I play.

On the flip side, though, playing against chuckers just makes my job that much easier on defense. My team once won a game simply because we had so many possessions after one dude on the other team decided to go into super chucker mode. The guy missed about 20 shots in a row (not exaggerating--I actually started counting), and was still shooting.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Chuckers are my least favorite along with hackers. They don't seem to get that defense shouldn't involving racking someone across the arm/wrist on every possession. You end up not calling fouls anymore because you know it's fruitless.

I don't mind hackers as much, believe it or not. It just means I can give it back to them just as bad on the other end, IMO.

The superstar wannabes are worse. Nothing more infuriating that stripping a guy clean and him yelping for a phantom foul.

DisAsTerBot
04-21-2010, 08:42 AM
I don't mind hackers as much, believe it or not. It just means I can give it back to them just as bad on the other end, IMO.

The superstar wannabes are worse. Nothing more infuriating that stripping a guy clean and him yelping for a phantom foul.

agree. i dont mind the hackers if they can take it on the other end...

pauls931
04-21-2010, 08:50 AM
It's great being on the opposite team, because you simply put your best defender on the chucker and the game is over before it's begun. Don't have a good defender? Hell double team the mofo, he's not passing.

TDMVPDPOY
04-21-2010, 09:05 AM
i hate playin with guys who think they are kobe or jordan...fck that shit

ffadicted
04-21-2010, 09:20 AM
Amen to this entire thread, I know a guy just like this that I used to play with in varsity high school, fucking annoying, always used to be like "this is my team" and shit lol

Also, in rec, I hate the guys who think they're a 5'10 version of Dwade wade trying to get AND1's, who just end up looking like huge fucking tools when nobody calls a foul, they either miss completely or get blocked by a player or the rim, and they just lay on the ground there with a dumb look on their face

resistanze
04-21-2010, 09:37 AM
agree. i dont mind the hackers if they can take it on the other end...

Damn, I've NEVER met a hacker that can take it on the other end.

Thunder Dan
04-21-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm a chucker. I don't play basketball to play defense or to watch other people shoot. I brings da pain on da bitches. I brings the ruckus

anonoftheinternets
04-21-2010, 09:59 AM
coM5JaeHTK0

coyotes_geek
04-21-2010, 10:04 AM
+1 on hating superstar wannabe. I can't stand it when superstar wannabe takes half an hour standing at the top of the key just dribbling back and forth staring at the guy guarding him and then waives you off when you go try to set a pick for him because he's just that good.

nkdlunch
04-21-2010, 10:07 AM
If I'm open I shoot the ball. Fuck that. Yeah I shoot 20% most of the time. But if I'm open I shoot.

shit, if Roger Mason can do it why can't I?

Pero
04-21-2010, 10:20 AM
If I'm open I shoot the ball. Fuck that. Yeah I shoot 20% most of the time. But if I'm open I shoot.

shit, if Roger Mason can do it why can't I?

Chuckers shoot when they're not open too.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-21-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm a chucker. I don't play basketball to play defense or to watch other people shoot. I brings da pain on da bitches. I brings the ruckus

:lmao

And yeah, the best thing to do I've always thought is call the guy out with everyone watching, then he'll get really tentative and start passing. I guess it's a little different with work colleagues, but the stunt I love to pull is stand out of bounds on defense for one play and do nothing. The chucker is always someone who doesn't hesitate to call others out, so he'll be the first one to say, "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING?".....just respond with "Hey, you don't need my help on offense, I figure you didn't need it on defense," and usually that comment makes the guy feel like absolute shit so he stops shooting.

z0sa
04-21-2010, 10:31 AM
"Hey, you don't need my help on offense, I figure you didn't need it on defense," and usually that comment makes the guy feel like absolute shit so he stops shooting.

Do you always punish the whole team just to spite one player? Why can't you just tell him "stop chucking you stupidass, pass the ball around". If you're vocal about it and he doesn't stop, the rest of the team will help cut him. And you could always just not pass him the ball.

besides, I don't think anyone would actually feel like shit if you left your man open for a layup. That just makes you look retarded.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-21-2010, 10:35 AM
"Hey, you don't need my help on offense, I figure you didn't need it on defense," and usually that comment makes the guy feel like absolute shit so he stops shooting.

Do you always punish the whole team just to spite one player? Why can't you just tell him "stop chucking you stupidass, pass the ball around". If you're vocal about it and he doesn't stop, the rest of the team will help cut him. And you could always just not pass him the ball.

besides, I don't think anyone would actually feel like shit if you left your man open for a layup. That just makes you look retarded.

Usually the whole team doesn't mind because they're pissed at the one player. What the fuck would you know anyway, it's not like your fatass plays basketball.

blkroadrunners
04-21-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm more of a hacker/energy player, and play a similar role to that of Matt Barnes/Bruce Bowen on the court. I'm not dirty, but I do play tough on defense. I honestly don't mind contact on the other end if the player tries to get back at me.

Most of the time when I play w/ chuckers, they actually make shots and get to the rim at an efficient rate than some of the other players on the team. What grinds my gears is when they shoot a 3 ptr 2 feet behind the line w/ a 6'0" or taller contesting their shot.

Hooks
04-21-2010, 10:42 AM
I wish I was good at basketball, but every single time I start to get better I wind up breaking something. I always wind up breaking my fingers or my ankle or something like that. I'm only good on defense, basketball isn't my sport at all :(, it's the only sport I'm not good at.

Chomag
04-21-2010, 10:46 AM
coM5JaeHTK0

LOL That vid is all win. Funny becuase its so true.

lefty
04-21-2010, 11:02 AM
So true

Its fucking annoying :bang

JamStone
04-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Another major problem with chuckers is when chuckers actually make a couple of their first few shots. Then you're damn sure no one else is going to touch the ball the rest of the game. There are some chuckers who will tone it down if they miss their first few shots... well a few chuckers at least. Chuckers are extremely annoying but their exponentially worse when they're chucking and making shots.

And there are some players I hate worse than chuckers. I hate "I'm a point guard and I'll coach the team" guy at least as much. They insist that they'll bring up the ball and they'll run the team and they'll facilitate the offense every time down, regardless if they're actually good at dribbling and passing. Oh they're not chuckers because they'll willingly pass the ball to people... on their terms when they feel like they've effectively set the offense. But they are the point guard and coach and they want to call sets, directing people where to go and what to do... in a freaking pick-up game.

And I'd gladly play with a chucker over having to defend shirtless sweaty guy. That's beyond my least favorite guy on the court. Can't play real defense on him unless you want a sweaty shower. Inevitably, shirtless sweaty guy likes to back-down and use his body to get to the hoop. I squirm just thinking about having to guard that guy.

Lastly, I'd rather play with chucker over weight room, tough guy, who argues every single call, will set hard picks, and calls a foul every time he shoots. Imo, he's worse to play with. Slows the game down, and if you challenge him, you're getting into a fight.

But yeah, chuckers are definitely horrible.

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 11:10 AM
The OP is bitter, sans 1993 Victory Parade.

O & 41 will make you that way.

DisAsTerBot
04-21-2010, 11:12 AM
And I'd gladly play with a chucker over having to defend shirtless sweaty guy. That's beyond my least favorite guy on the court. Can't play real defense on him unless you want a sweaty shower. Inevitably, shirtless sweaty guy likes to back-down and use his body to get to the hoop. I squirm just thinking about having to guard that guy.

Lastly, I'd rather play with chucker over weight room, tough guy, who argues every single call, will set hard picks, and calls a foul every time he shoots. Imo, he's worse to play with. Slows the game down, and if you challenge him, you're getting into a fight.

:lol soooo true!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-21-2010, 11:12 AM
The worst is when shirtless sweaty guy has a hairy back. Then it's beyond disgusting.

dirk4mvp
04-21-2010, 11:16 AM
I'd rather put up with the chucker's bullshit than the self appointed player coach who is the worst player on the team, but doesn't mind telling you what you're doing wrong. Fuck that guy.

coyotes_geek
04-21-2010, 11:31 AM
The worst is when shirtless sweaty guy has a hairy back. Then it's beyond disgusting.

True that. When I get stuck guarding shirtless hairy back guy he can have any shot he wants any time he wants and I don't care if my team loses.

TheRealCB
04-21-2010, 12:50 PM
The worst ones are the "I can dunk better than you so shut up" guys,although they have no clue about basketball besides a FRIGGIN one-handed one-legged dunk...

mavs>spurs2
04-21-2010, 12:52 PM
lol whenever i play with a chucker i just constantly tell him how bad he sucks and talk shit to him the whole game, then make sure not to get on his team ever again after that.

Blake
04-21-2010, 01:33 PM
I'd rather put up with the chucker's bullshit than the self appointed player coach who is the worst player on the team, but doesn't mind telling you what you're doing wrong. Fuck that guy.

+1 fucking million

Blake
04-21-2010, 01:37 PM
N8sZJgxnPe0

Dex
04-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Don't forget Guy-Who-Would-Be-Better-Off-Playing-Tennis. You can spot these as the guys who are totally geared out with new sneaks, game jerseys, sleeves, wristbands and headbands, but bring zero game to the yard.

lil_penny
04-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Sons I played with a chucker last night.. wich in turn caused me to be a chucker along with everyone else on the team just to keep the ball from him.

in2deep
04-21-2010, 02:24 PM
pQvt1JFFHxg

TDMVPDPOY
04-21-2010, 02:25 PM
how about guys tryin to copy nba players swagger, guys tryin to be like jordan with the tongue out on every drive to the lane...lame

LoneStarState'sPride
04-21-2010, 02:50 PM
how about guys tryin to copy nba players swagger, guys tryin to be like jordan with the tongue out on every drive to the lane...lame

Not gonna lie, I've copied Timmy's swagger before.

Jogging back down the court with a unflappable mask for a face after hitting a turnaround 12 footer off the glass just bugs the shit out of certain people for some reason lol

FkLA
04-21-2010, 03:01 PM
i'll chuck if my teammates suck, maybe sneak in an occasional pass :)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-21-2010, 03:06 PM
There are also several pick up basketball things involving screens that I can't stand:

1) Smaller players who think that since they're smaller they're allowed to set ridiculously illegal screens on anyone bigger than they are. A lot of the times they like to sidestep with you as you try to get around their screen, or my favorite is when they grind their shoulder into your chest as you get around them.

2) This is usually the same guy is floor general or chucker since neither one ever tries on D, but I'm talking about the guy who never fights through screens and just yells "help" after he gets picked. Even if they're guarding someone who can't shoot for shit and they can simply go under the screen, that would be too much work, so they would rather yell help and then get mad after they switched onto the guy setting the screen and he scores.

3) The team that likes to set tons of off ball screens in a pick up game. This team usually has a decent ball handler, a good scorer and 3 guys who suck, so they try to be Kendrick Perkins and Baby Davis setting screens under the basket trying to free the one good scorer up.

bostonguy
04-21-2010, 03:08 PM
I hate the players who will purposely elbow you in the face when they are posting up against you but bitch when the same is done to them.

fo'shizzle
04-21-2010, 03:09 PM
I've played with this player-coach type who took a long time stretching before the game and there's even one instance when one of our opponent went home because he got tired of waiting. This motherfucker will talk to each and everyone of us in the team talking strategies and shit, then he'll talk to the whole team before starting the game with all of us yelling at him to start the fucking game. He'll even analyze your game and discuss your performance after. lol
But one thing I hated most about this mofo is that he'll always pick to play for the stronger team. No matter how lopsided it will be if he chose the other side, he will.

in2deep
04-21-2010, 03:09 PM
what about the really old guy that will play rough with you, I'm talking about stopmin gon your feet, kicking you, elbowing you and scratching you but when you try to play a litle tough D on him will give you a look like "is this how you would treat your grandpa???"

Pero
04-21-2010, 03:19 PM
2) This is usually the same guy is floor general or chucker since neither one ever tries on D, but I'm talking about the guy who never fights through screens and just yells "help" after he gets picked. Even if they're guarding someone who can't shoot for shit and they can simply go under the screen, that would be too much work, so they would rather yell help and then get mad after they switched onto the guy setting the screen and he scores.

LOL, I usually don't fight through screens, but it also usually doesn't end with a basket. If you switch well enough there shouldn't be a problem.

mavs>spurs2
04-21-2010, 03:20 PM
what about the really old guy that will play rough with you, I'm talking about stopmin gon your feet, kicking you, elbowing you and scratching you but when you try to play a litle tough D on him will give you a look like "is this how you would treat your grandpa???"

yup i played with an old guy like this once, resembled bill russell and thought he was a BEAST in the paint, throwing elbows and shoulders to get his shot off, then complaining that you fouled him every time after he obviously initiated contact :lol

coyotes_geek
04-21-2010, 03:23 PM

Disagree with you here. As long as they've got some semblance of game to go with it I respect old guy who isn't afraid to mix it up. Granted there's a line between physical and dirty, but as long as he's not going high with the elbows or kicking me in the nads I don't mind the physicality. I'd much rather play on a team with a bunch of old guys who know how to play than I would with the kids thinking they're on the And1 tour.

Granted I say this as someone who's in his late 30s, so perhaps my tolerance of "old guy" stems from the fact that I'm rapidly becoming him, if not already there..................

Pero
04-21-2010, 03:27 PM
As for sweaty no shirt guy, while disgusting, it doesn't take the joy out of the game for me as much as a chucker. About two weeks ago we were playing 4 on 4 with one sub each team, I was unfortuntelly on the team with the chucker. Anyway after a while I had enough of running up and down the floor while mostly one guy was shooting (and missing...) so I subbed myself out and didn't go back in. Preffered to watch the chicks play voleyball.

resistanze
04-21-2010, 03:35 PM
There are also several pick up basketball things involving screens that I can't stand:

1) Smaller players who think that since they're smaller they're allowed to set ridiculously illegal screens on anyone bigger than they are. A lot of the times they like to sidestep with you as you try to get around their screen, or my favorite is when they grind their shoulder into your chest as you get around them.

God damn, yes. Nothing is more satisfying than literally running through one of those faggots.

I also hate the occasional "pick-but-never-rolls" guy on your team. He sets one shitty pick then goes on vacation until the possession is over.

TheRealCB
04-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Cant blame you about that last part :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-21-2010, 03:45 PM
I also hate the occasional "pick-but-never-rolls" guy on your team. He sets one shitty pick then goes on vacation until the possession is over.

This one goes both ways, there is the guy you just described who will set a screen, not move and just stand there watching the guy he set a screen for get double teamed, then there is the guy who roles too much and half the time clogs up the lane when the guy he just set a screen for had a clear path.

rAm
04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Great thread.

I fall into the Bruce Bowen w/o the Defense and the corner 3 category.

chichi!gettheyeyo
04-21-2010, 03:53 PM
have you played with a crack head??? they will suck your dick.... for some crack... they don't give a shit about the game

coyotes_geek
04-21-2010, 03:55 PM
have you played with a crack head??? they will suck your dick.... for some crack... they don't give a shit about the game

I haven't played basketball with crack head, but I have posted on a message board with thinks he's funny guy.

dirk4mvp
04-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Granted I say this as someone who's in his late 30s, so perhaps my tolerance of "old guy" stems from the fact that I'm rapidly becoming him, if not already there..................

Sorry scrah, but late 30's is definitely reaching old guy status. But old guy always gets prahps if he's good.

TIMMYD!
04-21-2010, 03:59 PM
I hate chuckers. I play with one during school in PE and he'll see you open for the layup but he decides to take a dumbass three with two guys covering him. The part I hate the most though is when he fucks up its no problem, but if you fuck up you know you're not going to get the ball again.

TIMMYD!
04-21-2010, 04:01 PM
This shit is funny as hell, and it's the truth.

fgZ-KQKrzZ0

coyotes_geek
04-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Sorry scrah, but late 30's is definitely reaching old guy status. But old guy always gets prahps if he's good.

I consider myself to be in a transitional period. If I'm at the gym at 6:00pm on a weekday I'm "old guy". If I'm there at 8:00am on a Saturday I'm "young guy".

coyotes_geek
04-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Another guy who I'm sure we all hate is the guy who tries to call the other team for offensive fouls and moving screens.

Blake
04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
I can't stand pick up basketball any more because of all these reasons.

I'd rather play co-ed volleyball.

mavs>spurs2
04-21-2010, 04:16 PM
but you guys are forgetting an important stereotype, "black guy who doesn't want to get owned by a non black guy so he constantly bends the rules"

coyotes_geek
04-21-2010, 04:32 PM
I've got one more, "ball don't lie" guy. He's a great jump shooter and will try to create an arguement over every little foul or out of bounds call. Two seconds into the arguement he's suggesting to resolve the dispute he created by having him shoot for it, because the ball doesn't lie.

dirk4mvp
04-21-2010, 04:36 PM
I've got one more, "ball don't lie" guy. He's a great jump shooter and will try to create an arguement over every little foul or out of bounds call. Two seconds into the arguement he's suggesting to resolve the dispute he created by having him shoot for it, because the ball doesn't lie.

lol yep

'That went out on you'

'What? No it didn't'

'Here, I'll shoot for it.

One of the douchiest douches of pickup basketball.

monosylab1k
04-21-2010, 04:44 PM
tbh the most annoying of all is the nonstop cherry pickers. The one who just stands there expecting you to stop the other team playing 4 on 5 so he can get an easy layup. I've only played with a couple of them but goddamn it's annoying.

Just as bad are the guys who are just lazy assholes and jog back on defense even tho their man is sprinting. i don't mind the guy who walks back on offense, but nothing pisses me off more than me trying to run my ass off to stop a fast break, only for someone else to get an easy layup cuz some cocksucker didn't run with his man.

z0sa
04-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Usually the whole team doesn't mind because they're pissed at the one player.

Right, the whole team doesn't mind you leaving your guy open for a layup because you feel like pouting because somebody didn't pass you the ball.

Or is it because you're too pussy to yell "pass the ball around you lameass?" during the game?

You don't even play basketball, do you, former fatboy freshman?

What the fuck would you know anyway, it's not like your fatass plays basketball.

Ha, how much did your weight balloon up a few years ago, hmm? Was it over 280 that I remember, fat kid?

I can go back and find the thread you laid your little heart out about some girlfriend who would never date you cuz you are a fat loser, even after you lost 80 pounds of whatever bullshit you were spewing.

You dumbass, lardass rich jew. How's freshman year coming? is Daddy and Mommy sending your paycheck on time?

Pero
04-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Another guy who I'm sure we all hate is the guy who tries to call the other team for offensive fouls and moving screens.

I sometimes play against a guy who after he set the screen grabs me and pushes me away while he runs towards the basket. The first two times he did it I didn't say anything but since he continued to do so I told him it's an offensive foul. He apparenly didn't hear me so next time I pulled his hand when he started moving towards the basket. He didn't do it again... till two weeks later. :lol

fo'shizzle
04-21-2010, 04:49 PM

:rollin

The Cougar
04-21-2010, 04:51 PM
tbh the most annoying of all is the nonstop cherry pickers. The one who just stands there expecting you to stop the other team playing 4 on 5 so he can get an easy layup. I've only played with a couple of them but goddamn it's annoying.

Just as bad are the guys who are just lazy assholes and jog back on defense even tho their man is sprinting. i don't mind the guy who walks back on offense, but nothing pisses me off more than me trying to run my ass off to stop a fast break, only for someone else to get an easy layup cuz some cocksucker didn't run with his man.

its fun when you and your man walk up the court and just talk about shit cause neither of you can move. You got that untold agreement of you dont run i dont run

monosylab1k
04-21-2010, 04:53 PM
its fun when you and your man walk up the court and just talk about shit cause neither of you can move. You got that untold agreement of you dont run i dont run

:lol true

Red
04-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Y'all are in here talkin like you tryin to get a muthafuckin scholaship!

jack sommerset
04-21-2010, 04:58 PM
I hate the motherfuckers who go 1 for 20 EVERYTIME they play but still bitch and moan like they never miss a basket. And of course the weekend warriors trash talkers. They didn't make their high school JV team but out with the fat fuckers they think they are Jordan.

Saul Silver
04-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Y'all are in here talkin like you tryin to get a muthafuckin scholaship!

Remember that one time you ate a lollipop out of that stripper's snatch?

The Gemini Method
04-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Personally, I like the chuckers on my team. This means more putbacks and rebounds for me. I like to mix it up in the key and if you have someone who think they're Reggie Miller or whatever...you can carve yourself up a nice game of nuisance basketball by getting tip-ins and whatnot.

djohn2oo8
04-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah, especially when they haven't made ONE shot, but think they are just having a bad day, and will get it going eventually.

Another thing, when your defender constantly talks shit, knowing that you can light them up at any moment

The Gemini Method
04-21-2010, 05:05 PM
The best moments is when you take on a young squad full of let's say...black kids and they're just running their mouths on how they'll smoke your squad of mixed people and you run them out of the gym...that is fun...

Red
04-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Remember that one time you ate a lollipop out of that stripper's snatch?

Out of her vagina, I know! Remember what you did? What did you do! You ate a box of Nerds out of her butthoooooooooooooooooooooooole!

ballhog05
04-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Dang i hate playing with chuckers, but i also consider myself one because i ususally get really hot and don't miss, but when i start taking bad shots, and they don't go in i become more passive.

But yeah last year i was hooping in the gym and we started a game 5 on 5 full court. Unfortunately to make it even we needed to pick up the chucker, even worse than that he named himself the PG so the whole game was nothing but him taking it to the basket(rolling off of rim), and missing3 pointers(over and over again.... :bang UGH) Eventually after a while i was keeping the ball away from him to give the rest of the team opportunities even stealing the ball from him in occasions lol :owned. After a few minutes of me doing that he wanted to quit so we let him go and we kept on playing 5 on 4. Luckily i got hot and made about 4 staright three's after which before the time ended i took the lost shot, and rolled//bounced right off the Rim after being down 17 we made a huge comeback after losing the chucker haha sucks we lost it was a great game though...:)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Right, the whole team doesn't mind you leaving your guy open for a layup because you feel like pouting because somebody didn't pass you the ball.

Or is it because you're too pussy to yell "pass the ball around you lameass?" during the game?

You don't even play basketball, do you, former fatboy freshman?

Ha, how much did your weight balloon up a few years ago, hmm? Was it over 280 that I remember, fat kid?

I can go back and find the thread you laid your little heart out about some girlfriend who would never date you cuz you are a fat loser, even after you lost 80 pounds of whatever bullshit you were spewing.

You dumbass, lardass rich jew. How's freshman year coming? is Daddy and Mommy sending your paycheck on time?

I was fat. You still are fat. Me > your fatass.

Killakobe81
04-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Another major problem with chuckers is when chuckers actually make a couple of their first few shots. Then you're damn sure no one else is going to touch the ball the rest of the game. There are some chuckers who will tone it down if they miss their first few shots... well a few chuckers at least. Chuckers are extremely annoying but their exponentially worse when they're chucking and making shots.

And there are some players I hate worse than chuckers. I hate "I'm a point guard and I'll coach the team" guy at least as much. They insist that they'll bring up the ball and they'll run the team and they'll facilitate the offense every time down, regardless if they're actually good at dribbling and passing. Oh they're not chuckers because they'll willingly pass the ball to people... on their terms when they feel like they've effectively set the offense. But they are the point guard and coach and they want to call sets, directing people where to go and what to do... in a freaking pick-up game.

But yeah, chuckers are definitely horrible.

I dont like chuckers if they wll shoot regardless of make or miss ...

But i dont mind volume shooters if they can hit at least 40% and they make 'em when it counts. I am a defensive minded pass first guy anyway ..,so for me a chucker, ball hog etc is no big deal to me as long as we win. If we LOSE then i care about chuckers or voulme shooters. I have no "scoring ego" I HATE TO FREAKING LOSE Corporate challenge intermurals video games etc ...i just want to win.

So tto apply this to the NBA I could play with Durant Lebron or Kobe as long as I get to play and Win ...in fact i enjoy blocking shots even more than scoring cuz i love to talk trash after especially if i get a taller guy (im only 6ft 1)

and i lov to strip the ANd1 wannabe hotsauce ballhandlers ...cant do that as well as I used to ...but when i do it's the best ...

mavsfan1000
04-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Chuckers fucking suck. I hate them. They think they're all badass. Don't respect players on their team. Fuck them.

pauls931
04-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Damn, didn't think this thread would hang around. Karma got me and I ended up on the damn team with the Chucker again today! And he hit his first two shots resulting in more ensuing shots that did not go in.

This guy will launch the ball from 10+ft behind the 3. And play no defense, not one fucking lick of D. I was running myself ragged trying to cover my guy and rotate to his guy who lit us up with midrange jumpers. Everyone was like 'who's covering that guy?'. Then I'd catch some crap when my guy would get an offensive rebound because I'm always out of position trying to guard 2 people. (we always play man) I think chucker was always hanging around the hoop waiting for a lucky rebound or gambling on a risky steal or double team, always leaving his man open.

Chucker would be like 'Kevin! Why you hittin' all those shots!'. While everyone else would be thinking 'Because any dumbass can hit a 5 - 10 ft shots unguarded...'

I can't believe we went 2 for 2 today, we should have been 0-4. Man, I think I'll fake an injury and go to the gym to work out if I end up on the same team as him again...

rAm
04-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Man, I think I'll fake an injury and go to the gym to work out if I end up on the same team as him again...

K now you need to calm down big guy

JamStone
04-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Lol ok what about "take pick-up or rec ball way too seriously" guy?

TheSullyMonster
04-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Chucker would be like 'Kevin! Why you hittin' all those shots!'. While everyone else would be thinking 'Because any dumbass can hit a 5 - 10 ft shots unguarded...'

And nobody says anything?:rolleyes

JoeTait75
04-22-2010, 12:54 PM
The worst is when you play with a chucker on his own court. Then he feels extra-entitled to take every shot. We played with a guy like that. He had a full court in his backyard (rims on each end but smaller than regulation), we would play there and this guy would literally take two or three steps across half-court and let fly.

His dad played in the NBA in the '70s (Barry Clemens) and since this guy shared the same last name as an ex-NBA player who (allegedly) once beat Dr. J. in a game of HORSE, he really thought he was a badass. He was okay, but not good enough to be taking every shot.

monosylab1k
04-22-2010, 01:05 PM

I don't usually take it too seriously, but I think I'm a bit of a pickup basketball snob. Some guys just need a round object and a hoop to be happy, but I've gotten to the point where if the conditions aren't perfect, I have a hard time enjoying it. I hate playing outdoors, I hate playing on double rims, I hate playing with shitty outdoor basketballs. If friends of mine want to play outdoors, I either go very reluctantly or just skip it altogether. If it's not indoors on a regulation court/rim and a quality basketball, I will probably bitch and whine about it constantly.

JoeTait75
04-22-2010, 01:11 PM

Not as bad as "let's stop the game for 10 minutes while we argue about fouls/the score" guy or guys. Black dudes seem especially prone to this. Someone says, "Hold up, hold up- what's the count?" and it turns into a debate session.

coyotes_geek
04-22-2010, 01:19 PM
but you guys are forgetting an important stereotype, "black guy who doesn't want to get owned by a non black guy so he constantly bends the rules"

Yeah I've played with that guy before. Any time he gets his shot blocked by a white guy it's an automatic foul call no matter how clean the block was.

TDMVPDPOY
04-22-2010, 01:20 PM
i remember during highschool year 7-10 which is age 13-16, i didnt bother trying out for the school bball team cause there was too many chuckers and ballhogs who wanted to be mike, for me all i wanted to do was camp down low and block shots and rebound since i could touch the rim....its even shit when you have 7-8 guys going to the same primary school who played together and only passed it to each other when tryin out for the highschool teams...fkn lame. For 3 years i made it to other sports teams besides bball, then till finally year 10 i decided to try out for the highschool bball team, made it without breaking a sweat...problem is i only played 3mins out of 4 games played, fkn lame...stupid ballhogs...

LoneStarState'sPride
04-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Not as bad as "let's stop the game for 10 minutes while we argue about fouls/the score" guy or guys. Black dudes seem especially prone to this. Someone says, "Hold up, hold up- what's the count?" and it turns into a debate session.

This shit right here. And I'm black, for what it's worth (actually, the tables are flipped at the Texas A&M Rec where I play--I know, I know, A&M's far and away a majority white school, but of the considerable amount of black dudes that come out, I rarely have trouble keeping score with them). We could pass legislation through Congress more efficiently than these dudes who hold a freaking conference to decide what the damn score is.

Just shut up and run.

JamStone
04-22-2010, 01:32 PM
I don't usually take it too seriously, but I think I'm a bit of a pickup basketball snob. Some guys just need a round object and a hoop to be happy, but I've gotten to the point where if the conditions aren't perfect, I have a hard time enjoying it. I hate playing outdoors, I hate playing on double rims, I hate playing with shitty outdoor basketballs. If friends of mine want to play outdoors, I either go very reluctantly or just skip it altogether. If it's not indoors on a regulation court/rim and a quality basketball, I will probably bitch and whine about it constantly.

It was a joke directed at pauls931 talking about "faking an injury" so he wouldn't have to play with chucker guy.

But I know what you're saying. I don't play outside at all. I don't play with shitty basketballs. And if it's crap basketball, I'll leave. That's not what I was inferring though.

ambchang
04-22-2010, 01:36 PM
There are all sorts of crazy people who plays ball, mostly because they don't know the rules, or they suck and had to resort to cheating to gain an advantage.

Guy 1: Chucker type, and got mad at his teammates for not getting the offensive rebounds after he continuously missed, even going so much as to saying that his teammates don't know how to play team ball and can't do the dirty work. Loved playing against this guy, almost a guaranteed win every time.

Guy 2: Kept plowing into people on offense, bloodied my mouth with an errant elbow and argued that I fouled his elbow with my mouth. I gave him the foul, and then proceeded to do exactly the same thing to him for the next couple of possessions (two on two game), elbowing him mercilessly, scores, spits blood on the ground until he finally conceeded that he actually fouled me a few possessions back.

Guy 3: Huge guy, didn't like the fact that my teammate dirty, so he picked me up mid-air while I was going for a layup and bodyslammed me. Nothing I could do because the guy got a good half a foot and about 70 lbs on me. Got ejected from the game though, I am not sure if he was disqualified from the tournament with that move.

xellos88330
04-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I am a marathon man on the court. I always move. My jumper is decent so he has to follow me everywhere. Then when I can tell he is about to have a heart attack or pass out, I drive it.

I usually have to earn respect first though. I am short and don't look much like a basketball player at all. Makes the beginning of the game pretty easy until the defense figures out I can play a bit. Then comes the marathon.

My motto.... Stroke is so hot, even your lungs are on fiya!

resistanze
04-22-2010, 02:28 PM
My motto.... Stroke is so hot, even your lungs are on fiya!

That's what she said!

pauls931
04-22-2010, 07:10 PM
And nobody says anything?:rolleyes

We'd all just say "Who's guy is that?" Seems like it would be obvious enough to chucker to realize we're annoyed by his total lack of D.

I probably take it too seriously, but I hate being on teams with guys who think they're good, but don't put in any effort on D, and don't share the ball, it's not fun for everyone else. We all suck so anyone getting a shot off before we turn it over is a victory and better than chucker launching from 10 ft behind the 3.

Another thing that annoys me is that chucker will criticize people that make bad plays, especially new persons. What a great way to make a good impression and friends...

The guy sort of reminds me of Jason Williams when he was on the Kings. Instant he went to Miami, Pat Riley put an end to that shit.

TheSullyMonster
04-22-2010, 08:12 PM
We'd all just say "Who's guy is that?" Seems like it would be obvious enough to chucker to realize we're annoyed by his total lack of D.

That's mainly what I meant. Guys I play with might say 'Hey, isn't that your man? He's been open the past 3 possessions...' and if they don't take the hint, just don't play with them next game.

pauls931
04-24-2010, 08:26 AM
That's mainly what I meant. Guys I play with might say 'Hey, isn't that your man? He's been open the past 3 possessions...' and if they don't take the hint, just don't play with them next game.

Ya, the way we do games is we split up teams based on what appears to be the best matchup so you never see someone refuse to play on a particular team, especially since we usually only have 10 - 12 people playing. We're mostly all coworkers and use the infinitehoops.com website to manage our games.

I never had that much of a problem with this particular chucker until he started criticizing new players recently. If you suck, you're not allowed to criticize new people who will most likely improve and become better than yourself.

DaDakota
04-24-2010, 11:55 AM
I am a PG, when I play with a chucker, I freeze them out, and when they complain, I say, it is because you suck and are a chucker....if you pass, I will pass.

;)

DD

pauls931
04-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Oh man two chuckers signed up today. I'm praying they both end up on the same team. Hilarity will ensue. I know one of them will do everything possible to make sure he ends up on the opposite team...

picc84
04-28-2010, 09:48 PM
And the white kid who thinks he's the Professor.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-28-2010, 11:00 PM

I play comp with a bunch of guys who do this all the time. I am the centre and play hard D, work the boards, do all the tough stuff, then I flash to open key space and get that look. Hell, last season I shot 57%, and they won't pass me the ball? They all shoot about 35%! I'm starting to get jack of it.

mffl89
04-29-2010, 12:02 PM
I hate playing with the guy who always adds points to his team and subtracts points from the opposing team.

pauls931
08-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Found another type of player that annoys me yesterday. The drive to the hoop and throw up a prayer boy. Yesterday this guy would drive constantly going into double and triple teams and throw up a prayer missing every time. He can shoot 3s.... sometimes but other than that throws up crap.

Luck would have it that we had too many people and all the guards got subbed out on one rotation (every 3 baskets we'd sub) and we had to watch this guy for like 10 minutes before we got back in. Pass the f'in ball to someone open! end of rant...

koriwhat
08-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Found another type of player that annoys me yesterday. The drive to the hoop and throw up a prayer boy. Yesterday this guy would drive constantly going into double and triple teams and throw up a prayer missing every time. He can shoot 3s.... sometimes but other than that throws up crap.

Luck would have it that we had too many people and all the guards got subbed out on one rotation (every 3 baskets we'd sub) and we had to watch this guy for like 10 minutes before we got back in. Pass the f'in ball to someone open! end of rant...

ball hogs are the worst especially when there is open people all around. this really short dude used to play with us and he thought he was a balla. dude would drive all the time, never wait for his team mates to catch up and then miss layup after layup or shot after shot. he would also call foul nonstop and you better not call foul on him because he'd claim otherwise and try to spin it.

i hated playing with the dude and after a while i refused to be on his team. it was a one man show and he never got anything done. i'd rather pass the ball around until someone is open than to take ill-advised shots and ruin any hope at winning.

Venti Quattro
08-10-2010, 10:07 AM
I had a friend who was a chucker and I really never wanted to be teammates with him. The worst part of it all is probably is that he always wants me to be his teammate because he knows that I am pass-first and would always look to set the table. The guy goes 1-on-5 on a fastbreak and he pisses the whole team off. When he gets the ball, we just buckle up for the rebound play because we're sure that the ball won't be coming back to us.

God, so fucking annoying.

DAF86
08-10-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm a chucker, but that's 'cause all the other players on my team suck.

DAF86
08-10-2010, 10:21 AM
I hate chuckers when I play football/soccer though.

Venti Quattro
08-10-2010, 10:28 AM

you can probably get away with it when obviously if you're like the kobe bryant to a smush parker, brian cook, kwame brown and vladimir radmanovic

coyotes_geek
08-10-2010, 10:40 AM

The "chucker's creedo"............

Chieflion
08-10-2010, 10:42 AM
I only take shots I am confident of making. Now I sound like a chucker.

SomeCallMeTim
08-10-2010, 10:43 AM

:lol

Spoken like a true chucker!

SomeCallMeTim
08-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Don't forget another archetype found out there, the Rodman.

The Rodman is relatively rare, but can be almost as frustrating as the Chucker or Bobby Knight guys.

The Rodman all but refuses to shoot the ball. He'll do everything else and can usually do those things well. But for some reason, he stubbornly refuses to shoot. He's wide open for a jumper, you're boxing out, all of a sudden the ball hits you in the back of the head because he was trying to find you for a "better look."

Three on one fastbreak, he gets the ball in the middle for an easy layup... and he kicks the ball out to the wing for a 15-foot jumpshot. Huh?

Drives to the hoop, defense doesn't react... and he turns it over throwing a jump pass from the low block.

I tell you, those Rodmans can be a terribly disrupting force.

DAF86
08-10-2010, 10:57 AM
You talkin' about practice?

pauls931
08-10-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure if the guy I'm complaining about is a chucker. His volume was not that high, but every shot he got would be a poor shot. This time all the offensive players were out getting bored to death and he got more opportunities to have the ball.

Venti Quattro
08-10-2010, 11:20 AM
i'd take a rodman archetype rather than a chucker. it's easier to tell someone to shoot the ball or "hey, that's your shot. shoot the god damn ball" in comparison to "hey you have four teammates, maybe you want to pass the ball"

coyotes_geek
08-10-2010, 12:45 PM
The Rodman is a nuisance, but he's way down the list on that food chain. The chucker, the superstar wannabe and ball don't lie guy are all way worse.

The only time a Rodman annoys me is if there's more than one of them on my team at the same time.

lefty
08-10-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't mind playing with a chucker, because I really suck

picc84
08-10-2010, 01:05 PM
The next one's goin in.

lefty
08-10-2010, 01:18 PM
The next one's goin in.
Thanks for the Kobe-Phil Jackson's conversation transcript

Venti Quattro
08-10-2010, 01:33 PM
The Rodman is a nuisance, but he's way down the list on that food chain. The chucker, the superstar wannabe and ball don't lie guy are all way worse.

The only time a Rodman annoys me is if there's more than one of them on my team at the same time.

they get as annoying as a chucker when you ask them to shoot and they shoot all these wtf shots

Brazil
08-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Maybe I'm the only one but I love playing with a chucker because I have less opportunities to show how bad I suck.

Koolaid_Man
08-10-2010, 07:57 PM
At work we play bball during lunch and there's a couple chuckers that show up occasionally. I hate ending up on the team with one because...

2. If they ever pass the ball, the receiver will shoot because they never know when they'll get another chance resulting in a bad shot.
3. If you're behind chucker will go into super chucker mode with a 0% chance of passing.
5. Most chuckers play 0% defense because they're always thinking of their next shot.

let me shoot straight with ya...get some fucking game and you won't have to bitch about shit. :rollinOnly cats that get no respect post shit like this. See only soldiers play on my squad I don't have to say shit to them because they know where they're spot is on the court. Only guys that get shitted on like you would post some shit like this. Koolaid..me... I just bump you in the lane and shoot a quick J over the top. Kind of like Kobe with the pump fake AND 1...the leg extension usally gives me clearance. I pattern my game after Kobe so in this play if Kenyon was gaurding me I would not have spin back into the lane like Kobe did I would have drew the AND 1 fading away...:toast

kkv_yr1GOBk

pauls931
08-10-2010, 08:10 PM
let me shoot straight with ya...get some fucking game and you won't have to bitch about shit. :rollinOnly cats that get no respect post shit like this. See only soldiers play on my squad I don't have to say shit to them because they know where they're spot is on the court. Only guys that get shitted on like you would post some shit like this. Koolaid..me... I just bump you in the lane and shoot a quick J over the top. Kind of like Kobe with the pump fake AND 1...the leg extension usally gives me clearance. I pattern my game after Kobe so in this play if Kenyon was gaurding me I would not have spin back into the lane like Kobe did I would have drew the AND 1 fading away...:toast

kkv_yr1GOBk

Since you're a troll and haven't been able to switch to the heat, I imagine it's safe to assume your shoe laces are untied and it's highly likely you trip most of the time going up or down the court. It's also a given you probably stumble when talking and are posting from a public computer.

Koolaid_Man
08-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Since you're a troll and haven't been able to switch to the heat, I imagine it's safe to assume your shoe laces are untied and it's highly likely you trip most of the time going up or down the court. It's also a given you probably stumble when talking and are posting from a public computer.

whatever Mofo...you're the bitch that can't get no run on the court...I see your kind all the time pa-rousing the side-lines asking people who got next!!! Like I said get some game and you can run that shit...stop bitching online about getting scrubbed..that's a pussy move...

TDMVPDPOY
08-10-2010, 08:18 PM
if im playin with a chucker, i let him know by either not passing the ball to him, or i chuck upa shot, or no 100% commitment...hence if he pisses me off? i will attempt to block his shots

thats why i prefer to play 21 instead, every man for himself

Koolaid_Man
08-10-2010, 08:19 PM
You'll never catch real ballas cheering for a nigga like Lebron...with a goon squad of personal cheerleaders masquerading as his speaking agents...that is one clown ass negro...

nUTnhP3vECY

pauls931
08-10-2010, 08:27 PM
whatever Mofo...you're the bitch that can't get no run on the court...I see your kind all the time pa-rousing the side-lines asking people who got next!!! Like I said get some game and you can run that shit...stop bitching online about getting scrubbed..that's a pussy move...

Seriously, is someone typing for you? You have to be on the west coast because that' about the only place I can imagine that would still have a library open this late.

Koolaid_Man
08-10-2010, 08:36 PM
lame...if you gonna represent for the scrubs then do that shit right... lol

BUMP.
01-24-2011, 11:56 PM
I'll add a couple...

the "shortest guy on your team who's also guarding the shortest guy on their team and happens to be a little bit taller so he think he's a post player" player

or the "pass the ball to you in the post, then for some fucking reason run right to you bringing his man with him" player. Actually I only know one guy that does that but it's really fucking stupid and annoying

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2011, 12:14 AM
:lol:lol:lol Both of those happen to me all the time..

I'm a PG, but I'm bigger than a lot of PGs I play against, so I do play post, and I absolutely hate when I get it in the post and some idiot comes to give me a pick down low..

Definitely agree about the guy that always brings his man towards you, so annoying..

I'm not going to read through the thread, but I assume chucker was the main complaint..we usually shoot for teams in pick-up games, so I intentionally avoid making the shot 1st or 2nd, so I can get a gauge of who I'll be playing with, when I know there are chuckers in the game:lol..

I also fucking hate guys that call a foul on anything, especially when they're quiet about it..it's usually a weak foul, a fast break starts, and the guy is waiting on the other side of the court after quietly calling a foul..

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2011, 12:19 AM
I also hate playing against guys that handcheck on every play, it's their only form of defense, but you don't want to call a foul, because it seems like a weak call..so many of those guys..

DMC
01-25-2011, 12:19 AM
People who say they don't want to play half court, too crowded... but they cherry pick and don't run.

BUMP.
01-25-2011, 12:33 AM
:lol:lol:lol Both of those happen to me all the time..

I'm a PG, but I'm bigger than a lot of PGs I play against, so I do play post, and I absolutely hate when I get it in the post and some idiot comes to give me a pick down low..

Definitely agree about the guy that always brings his man towards you, so annoying..

I'm not going to read through the thread, but I assume chucker was the main complaint..we usually shoot for teams in pick-up games, so I intentionally avoid making the shot 1st or 2nd, so I can get a gauge of who I'll be playing with, when I know there are chuckers in the game:lol..

I also fucking hate guys that call a foul on anything, especially when they're quiet about it..it's usually a weak foul, a fast break starts, and the guy is waiting on the other side of the court after quietly calling a foul..

tbh, I've never had a problem with chuckers or getting my shots no matter who I'm playing with.

I always look to score. I'll look first to see if there any cutters but if nobody's moving I'm going. Pretty much everyone I play with is good but some guys are just timid and don't shoot enough.

I don't see what fun it is to go to the rec and be the "Kurt Thomas/Nick Collison" of a team that wins 5 in a row while taking like 1 shot in 3 games

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2011, 12:37 AM
tbh, I've never had a problem with chuckers or getting my shots no matter who I'm playing with.

I always look to score. I'll look first to see if there any cutters but if nobody's moving I'm going. Pretty much everyone I play with is good but some guys are just timid and don't shoot enough.

I don't see what fun it is to go to the rec and be the "Kurt Thomas/Nick Collison" of a team that wins 5 in a row while taking like 1 shot in 3 games

I'm the same way..I look to pass first, but I'll put up shots whenever I have a mismatch or when I'm the best player on my team or whatever..

However, chuckers can definitely kill a game and take all the fun out, tbh..they don't look to pass at any time, they take any shot and usually miss..

I only have a problem with chuckers when I play open pick-up, so anybody can show up(usually the same guys, but a few annoying players)..when it's our own guys at the gym, there usually isn't a problem with playing solid ball..

I agree about the Kurt Thomas type:lol, but I love having those guys on the team..a lot of guys don't have it in them to shoot, I guess..

BUMP.
01-25-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm the same way..I look to pass first, but I'll put up shots whenever I have a mismatch or when I'm the best player on my team or whatever..

However, chuckers can definitely kill a game and take all the fun out, tbh..they don't look to pass at any time, they take any shot and usually miss..

I only have a problem with chuckers when I play open pick-up, so anybody can show up(usually the same guys, but a few annoying players)..when it's our own guys at the gym, there usually isn't a problem with playing solid ball..

I agree about the Kurt Thomas type:lol, but I love having those guys on the team..a lot of guys don't have it in them to shoot, I guess..

:lol

The Kurt Thomas types are kind of funny, because they'll go like 2-2, 3-3 but for some reason don't want to shoot too much.

I would say I'm more of a selfish player, but I'm still a good teammate. I understand when ppl get frustrated so I can sense when I'm shooting too much and start trying to get everyone involved so they don't lose confidence.

I always try to encourage my teammates.....even if I just took 6 shots in a row:lmao

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2011, 12:46 AM
:lol I know 2 guys that play exactly like that..

They're both athletic as fuck..they make mid-range shots, they make fadeaway Js, they always make their putbacks, yet they NEVER want to shoot, and always pass it out, even when they have like a 5 foot shot..focus on D and rebounding..

It gets annoying, but whatever, more shots for me, I guess..

Sisk
01-25-2011, 12:54 AM
When I worked at AT&T we had a league and there was a guy on my team who just shot every time he touched the ball and thought he was so badass. From 2-3 feet behind the 3 point line.. He had to have made 10%, maybe, in every game we played. Just fucking terrible.

TE
01-25-2011, 02:26 AM
Balling at the parks and having the opposing team player/scrubs grab foul you every time you get the ball

mathbzh
01-25-2011, 03:03 AM

I hate them, even when they are actually good players and can score.
Come on, we are just having a good time we don't need anyone to score 100 pts.
On the opposite, I like it when the guy that is way better than his teammates else just try to involve everybody. I used to play with a former semi professional player like that. He was just making everybody better.

Capt Bringdown
01-25-2011, 10:59 PM
It's been years since I regularly played pickup ball, but I've got mostly fond memories. If you find a regular spot, frequented by regulars - well, everyone gets to know each other and things sort themselves out.

IME, it's the organized leagues that bring out the dickheads. Church leagues, city leagues, inter-murals, this is where you find the most hyper-competitive types, the ones who can't let go and take themselves way too seriously.

Roger Freemason Jr.
01-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Damn, I play with a rowdy chucker. He happens to be one of my good friends, but he's completely arrogant. I'm about 6'1, but that's taller than most of the guys we play with, so I'm trying to do work in the post, & although I get it to fall an adequate amount of times, every-time I miss, this guy always with the same remarks "you should have passed it!" "I was open!" "You need to learn how to pass the ball!"

First of all, it's not like I'm being double-teamed, and second, everytime this guy has the ball, he's taking these perimeter shots, and literally making 2 out of 10 shots, & don't get me started on passing.. this guy doesn't even remember he has team-mates. But still.. when we get outplayed, it's my "poor judgement" & "lack of passing" that caused that.

TDMVPDPOY
01-26-2011, 04:58 AM
how about sore losers who want to fight hahahaha, funni as shit

Phillip
01-26-2011, 10:46 AM
People who say they don't want to play half court, too crowded... but they cherry pick and don't run.

I love it when I have to guard those guys. I get to sit back and make sure they cant cherry pick, so I get valuable moments of rest.

monosylab1k
01-26-2011, 11:12 AM

I get like that sometimes when I play, but mainly because I'm pretty much strictly a jump shooter. I've got no post game whatsoever, which is pathetic for my size, and I'm a horrible finisher. I can shoot lights out if my guy is dumb enough to give me some space, but when I get crowded I tend to just look to pass because chances are I'm not going to make the layup even if I blow by him.

monosylab1k
01-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Also, I've started to perfect the Dirk one-legged fadeaway. Haven't unleashed it in a game yet, but in theory I can make it like 80% of the time :lol

21_Blessings
01-26-2011, 11:25 AM
We need a regional Spurstalk pickup game.

Would love to school Harlem. Show him what a real post game looks like. You on the East coast or what?

Killakobe81
01-26-2011, 12:04 PM

Well you are exaggerating a bit on shot attempts ...but that is me you described. All I care about is the win. I know it's rec/pickup ...but even if i hit 5 out 8 shots (im the opposite of a chucker) and I lose I hate it. Plus my time is too valuable to sit on the side waiting for next.
I'll guard the best player (though not a quick PG ...cuz I have slowed the past few years like ron artest), hustle my ass off and set guys up and I usually win.

I let the scorers score, the post guys bang and i play a Odom/Kurt Thomas type role complete with hard solid fouls ...

monosylab1k
01-26-2011, 12:07 PM
I know it's rec/pickup ...but even if i hit 5 out 8 shots (im the opposite of a chucker) and I lose I hate it. Plus my time is too valuable to site on the side waiting for next.

:tu if it's a big ass crowd, I'd much rather be the worst player on a stacked team that stays on the court, than score all the points on a shitty team and lose and wait an hour to get back on.

Killakobe81
01-26-2011, 12:21 PM
One thing i enjoy (though im not as good at it as I used to be) when i play is to play ball denial on a scorer. Most scorers hate that and are not used to it.

Most guys in pickup only defend when their man has the ball on an obvious switch ...or in transition.

I pickup from halfcourt and deny. Since most guys dont want to pass anyway ...I make my job much easier because once a good scorer has the ball it's tough to stop them, especially now that I hit 30 ...

plus most guys wont cut hard in pickup because most people dont pass ...all my defensive success is due to ball denial ...back when i was younger i could lock someone down on the ball or off ...but those days are gone and only show up in brief flashes ...

Phillip
01-26-2011, 12:30 PM
One thing i enjoy (though im not as good at it as I used to be) when i play is to play ball denial on a scorer. Most scorers hate that and are not used to it.

Most guys in pickup only defend when their man has the ball on an obvious switch ...or in transition.

I pickup from halfcourt and deny. Since most guys dont want to pass anyway ...I make my job much easier because once a good scorer has the ball it's tough to stop them, especially now that I hit 30 ...

plus most guys wont cut hard in pickup because most people dont pass ...all my defensive success is due to ball denial ...back when i was younger i could lock someone down ball or not ...but those days are gone and only show up in brief flashes ...

+1

ball denial is the best way to defend a scorer, especially late in a close game.

Killakobe81
01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
+1

ball denial is the best way to defend a scorer, especially late in a close game.

Yep, and it's just hustle being smart. Most of the guys I defend are better players than i am ...by far.

problem is, they all get macho. and if Block or strip them or have them locked down they all think they are dirk, kobe or Manu and feel that the game winner is going in even if they are 1 for 5 ....LOL

rickross
01-26-2011, 12:51 PM
i'm build like a tank. trollin aside ima solid 6'3 230 so when i post a nigga up he betta man up or im plowin his ass like tyson chandler.

monosylab1k
01-26-2011, 01:01 PM
i'm build like a tank. trollin aside ima solid 6'3 230 so when i post a nigga up he betta man up or im plowin his ass like tyson chandler.

are you more "monster/no good blood sucker/fat motherfucker" or "big meech/larry hoover" on the court?

rickross
01-26-2011, 01:03 PM
btw i love the tough type, all muscle fucktard who spends half his time in the gym working on his arms that gets thrown around in da post because of zero lower body strength. Because i got a good post game i eat these guys alive.

Another idiotic type of chucker is da dwade enamorado who will put in danger himself and the defender with idiotic plays that many time lead to injury (knee hitting, fallin on ankles) by dumb contact. If you're a decent dude u can't just hack them alive so they start attackin even more cuz they think you're soft => they get injured.

The most annoying type of player is the fucker who is good at scoring but weak at D/REB/passing/team game and who just switches between several weak teams who need a man just to chuck some more even if he loses. Pathetic.

Venti Quattro
01-26-2011, 01:03 PM

lol mini robert traylor.

rickross
01-26-2011, 01:04 PM
are you more "monster/no good blood sucker/fat motherfucker" or "big meech/larry hoover" on the court?

im rick ross nigga. My ass is so great i get 10RBD a game just by havin it :lol

rickross
01-26-2011, 01:06 PM
lol mini robert traylor.

you think 230 lbs is alot?

Killakobe81
01-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Crofl ball denial is swole but people start crying about it and start pushing you and trying to get all brolic. Its hilarious because they cant get open and they just keep crying to get off them

Yep. Exactly happens all the time ...and they ask me why you playing defense? Truth is Im an OK scorer not a great outsdie shooter so i have to play defense and hustle to be useful ...other wise Im dead weight. But for my size i can post and if you put a weak defender on me i'll score.

HarlemHeat37
01-27-2011, 12:46 AM
We need a regional Spurstalk pickup game.

Would love to school Harlem. Show him what a real post game looks like. You on the East coast or what?

If you're ever in New York or Toronto, PM me..I'd love to bust your ass, tbh..

I would also like to play against namlook and history2b, if they're ever around..Cobbler too, but I guess the only thing we could do is shoot around together..

ezau
01-27-2011, 04:40 AM
lol mini robert traylor.

LOL, I know someone who's 5'11 and weighs around 280 and he's not even obese. The guy's a beast on the boards, but thankfully, he's got zero offensive game :lol:lol

Giuseppe
01-27-2011, 05:35 AM
^Ez, gettin' his soft spot on for his mom.

Werdsniper2
01-27-2011, 05:49 AM
I hate the chuckers, they think they ARE the game. Don't realize they are only a part of it. That's how it goes, however, in high school gym basketball.

ezau
01-27-2011, 06:58 AM
^Ez, gettin' his soft spot on for his mom.

Shut up, Cubby:lol:lol

Kyle Orton
01-27-2011, 07:22 AM
LOL, I know someone who's 5'11 and weighs around 280 and he's not even obese. The guy's a beast on the boards, but thankfully, he's got zero offensive game :lol:lol

Did he run train on your wife and cause her to die Omar?

pauls931
02-16-2011, 10:46 AM
So time for a chucker update.

I ended up on the chucker's team monday, we lost all 3 games. The mofo would not pass, would not play d. And afterwards, players complained walking away that were on his team.

Yesterday I ended up on the other team, won all 3 games because we passed the damn ball/shared. Also the guy on our team who normally sucks, scored half our points because the chucker didn't guard him.

So today I sign up for our list and post a comment 'I want to be on Mike's team'. Mike is the guy the chucker has been not guarding the last 2 days. Almost immediately, the chucker signs up to play. God I hope I don't end up on his team... The guy is 54, great shape, but no where near enough to hang with the 30 year old crowd. I never seen a guy hurt teams so much and since he's a senior manager here no one calls him out.

and... I tried to steal the ball from him yesterday and he fell down try to protect it bumping his elbow. Refused my offer to help him up and did not acknowledge my apology (even though I can't help it if he kills himself trying to protect the ball). The next 3 plays he came up to me and started bumping me, guess he has to do something since he's not guarding his own man. He's going to accept the fact he's getting old and if you don't share the ball or play D, your team is ALWAYS going to lose.

Anyway if I'm on his team or not, I'll chuckle when he makes it 9 losses in a row this week.

rickross
02-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Did he run train on your wife and cause her to die Omar?

son i found dis on my trip to arizona, i think its ritefully yors u childhood molested lil racist faggot.

http://rlv.zcache.com/i_survived_a_jewish_mom_the_daughter_version_hat-p148498122546283452qz14_400.jpg

rickross
02-16-2011, 12:56 PM
So time for a chucker update.

I ended up on the chucker's team monday, we lost all 3 games. The mofo would not pass, would not play d. And afterwards, players complained walking away that were on his team.

Yesterday I ended up on the other team, won all 3 games because we passed the damn ball/shared. Also the guy on our team who normally sucks, scored half our points because the chucker didn't guard him.

So today I sign up for our list and post a comment 'I want to be on Mike's team'. Mike is the guy the chucker has been not guarding the last 2 days. Almost immediately, the chucker signs up to play. God I hope I don't end up on his team... The guy is 54, great shape, but no where near enough to hang with the 30 year old crowd. I never seen a guy hurt teams so much and since he's a senior manager here no one calls him out.

and... I tried to steal the ball from him yesterday and he fell down try to protect it bumping his elbow. Refused my offer to help him up and did not acknowledge my apology (even though I can't help it if he kills himself trying to protect the ball). The next 3 plays he came up to me and started bumping me, guess he has to do something since he's not guarding his own man. He's going to accept the fact he's getting old and if you don't share the ball or play D, your team is ALWAYS going to lose.

Anyway if I'm on his team or not, I'll chuckle when he makes it 9 losses in a row this week.

your a very civilized dude, but watch out when such faggots have high ranks .. better take care because such people can go far in their idiocy.

Venti Quattro
02-16-2011, 01:07 PM
What's worse is a chucker who goes out of his way to disrupt plays designed by the coach. I've been on one team, and it's not like this guy likes the other side of the floor too

DMC
02-16-2011, 07:12 PM
I hate when you are going for the free throw line dunk on a fast break and someone tries to take a charge and you end up just laying it off the backboard. You fall to the floor and this guy is like "what the fuck, no call?" and you are like "dude, I had a dunk.."

pauls931
02-16-2011, 08:39 PM
your a very civilized dude, but watch out when such faggots have high ranks .. better take care because such people can go far in their idiocy.

I showed up late today and ended up on the chucker's team, we were down 0-6 at that point. Lost the game. Then another good player shows up and we play close the second game. Finally we pull of the 3rd... I still remember the chucker yelling at us to play hard on D and saying what to do when he was subbed out.... Luckily we were able to do some damage when he was out and passed the ball inbounds to either me or another guard to try to get a shot other than an open 30 footer that the chucker always tries. At least 3 plays I made eye contact with him and opted not to pass looking for a better option. He has to know I passed him up intentionally to get someone else involved.