PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce on CBS ratings down 30 percent from Fedor vs. Rogers event

dbreiden83080
04-21-2010, 10:37 AM
"Overnight ratings for last night's Strikeforce event are not promising, as the show dropped 30% in overall viewers from November's Fedor vs. Rogers debut event on CBS.

The show averaged only 2.63 million viewers, down from the 4.042 that tuned in overall for the November event. While the November card peaked with nearly six million viewers for the main event in the overrun, this card was losing viewers by the end and didn't have the same hype for Henderson as they had for Fedor's debut.

It was also considerably lower than the final EliteXC event on CBS, as that event drew 4.56 million viewers on average.

Penick's Analysis: This is not a good number. The November event was lower than CBS' normal ratings in that timeslot for repeats, and this is much worse. Considering this was supposed to be their "major card" with the three Title fights this has to be nothing but a disappointment to Strikeforce. And with the card going down the way it did this cannot be anything but the end of Strikeforce on CBS."

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/Affliction2/article_4966.shtml

Not exactly a shock, the card was mediocre IMO. Penick is right, SF is in real trouble now. Weak card with low ratings, an embarassing brawl to end the show. Fedor and his team of idiots holding up the works..

Not good...

polandprzem
04-21-2010, 11:36 AM
CBS is not satisfied I might assume :)

I do not agree that the card was so bad. SF is not as adverstised as UFC and in America it does matter. Also it also does matter that UFC was original mma org for Americans.
casual fans again in america seems to be confused what is mma and ufc thinking that ufc is a sport.

Strikeforce what? they do fight there? :)

All in all if Fedor will screw Werdum it will be tough for SF to gain more attention and to keep the CBS contract.
Anybody remember for how many years they signed ?

ATRAIN
04-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Poor SF, Fedor is going to bury them like what he did to Affliction.

dbreiden83080
04-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Poor SF, Fedor is going to bury them like what he did to Affliction.

Something most people called from the day he signed..

Stringer_Bell
04-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Is this from Fedor, or more from his management team?

His management. All sources point to Fedor being a nice guy that wants to fight the best, but he's basically a robot for his operators that want to make money off of him.

FREE FEDOR!!!:downspin:

ATRAIN
04-21-2010, 02:14 PM
His management. All sources point to Fedor being a nice guy that wants to fight the best, but he's basically a robot for his operators that want to make money off of him.

FREE FEDOR!!!:downspin:

If this were true couldnt he just fire him? Im sure he doesnt complain with his paychecks. I call bullshit on wanting to fight the best cause if that were true he would.

polandprzem
04-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Fedor got shares in m-1 global and Flikenstein is his friend

Nothing else there to say ...

scottspurs
04-21-2010, 06:45 PM
No Fedor, No Ratings. It's that simple. CBS should drop strikeforce as soon a possible.

dbreiden83080
04-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Fedor got shares in m-1 global and Flikenstein is his friend

Nothing else there to say ...

How much money could M-1 Global possibly be making Fedor these days? They are a rinky dink little outfit.. Drop them and sign that big payday with the UFC already..

polandprzem
04-22-2010, 07:16 AM
How much money could M-1 Global possibly be making Fedor these days? They are a rinky dink little outfit.. Drop them and sign that big payday with the UFC already..

i would have to chack but i think m-1 making many mma events all around the world.

I think Fedor is getting enough not to go and be tied up with UFC deal.
Dana White is not a nice guy and Fedor likes to work with nice people.

I don't know. To me it's the biggest failure of mma not having Fedor fight with the best. HW in UFC 3 yrs ago was not that great. Now. Hmm They got the best out there.

dbreiden83080
04-22-2010, 12:01 PM
i would have to chack but i think m-1 making many mma events all around the world.

I think Fedor is getting enough not to go and be tied up with UFC deal.
Dana White is not a nice guy and Fedor likes to work with nice people.

I don't know. To me it's the biggest failure of mma not having Fedor fight with the best. HW in UFC 3 yrs ago was not that great. Now. Hmm They got the best out there.

It's not like they have events that are so big they are making them tons of money, reason i say this is they need to shop their best fighter around to other promotions. Why doesn't Fedor just fight in M-1 events if they are doing well? They only did one event that was not co-promoted and that was Breakthrough that had an exhibition match between Fedor and Gegard Mousasi

polandprzem
04-22-2010, 04:30 PM
To be Frank
Fedor rahther have peace in Russia then have problems with Dana and 'Americans'

Affliction Arlovski fight was over a milion for Fedor or the promoters?
Damn you never know how much those guys earn because so much money goes under the table.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Give me more delicious Carano.