PDA

View Full Version : Is it rude?

ATRAIN
04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
If you are asked to be in a wedding and you say no? Would you still attend if you said no?

Mixability
04-21-2010, 10:54 AM
In this economy, no one should expect you to automatically say yes to it.

stretch's wife
04-21-2010, 11:07 AM
If you are asked to be in a wedding and you say no? Would you still attend if you said no?

I thought it was very rude that you said no to be in my wedding.

I'm glad your rude ass did not attend.

lol mma

CuckingFunt
04-21-2010, 11:12 AM
I've only been to three weddings in my life, so I'm far from an expert, but I would think it depends on your relationship to the person who asked and your reason for turning them down.

coyotes_geek
04-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Depends on the reason why you don't want to be in the wedding. If it's just because it costs money to be in the wedding then I do think it would be a little rude to say no and then go. You're basically saying "i don't want to spend my money on you by being in your wedding but I'm okay with you spending your money on me by hosting me". At least that's how I see it.

Now if you don't want to be in it because of something like you've got an ex girlfriend who would also be in the wedding, then that's different.

ATRAIN
04-21-2010, 11:48 AM
I thought it was very rude that you said no to be in my wedding.

I'm glad your rude ass did not attend.

lol mma

You didnt complain when I fucked you the night before you married that homo Stretch.

ATRAIN
04-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Depends on the reason why you don't want to be in the wedding. If it's just because it costs money to be in the wedding then I do think it would be a little rude to say no and then go. You're basically saying "i don't want to spend my money on you by being in your wedding but I'm okay with you spending your money on me by hosting me". At least that's how I see it.

Now if you don't want to be in it because of something like you've got an ex girlfriend who would also be in the wedding, then that's different.

WELL i just went through that second part. I was the best man at a wedding last weekend and the maid of honor is an ex. Not only just an ex an ex that screwed me over twice. It was akward, especially since some of her family was there and some of mine were there.

Its not the money factor. The wedding isnt until next year and in Denver. Its one of my closest friends but im not too happy with his selection of best man. Thats part of the reason. I just dont want to be in it. Ive been in sooo many weddings im pretty burnt out. I honestly think im going to turn down everyone who asks from now on.

ATRAIN
04-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Plus I was figuring it out and Ive spent over 3 grand in weddings ive been in over the years. Tuxedo rentals, hotels, flights, car rentals, etc.... When I get married I dont think im going to make anyone pay for anything.

LOL guess the money factor does have some factor in it too.

ATRAIN
04-21-2010, 12:06 PM
I know it sucks but just go. Be the better person and try to have a good time. This is your friends day, not yours.

Yeah I know but im really looking for a reason to say no. :lol

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-21-2010, 12:11 PM
I've declined twice but have gone to both weddings.

Rude? WGAF.

Chances are, you won't see these people much after their special day. Do what you want and don't look back.

And $3,000? I almost spent as much as the last wedding I stood up in. After that, saying no was definitely on the table.

All told, I've probably stood up in 15 or so weddings.

ATRAIN
04-21-2010, 12:17 PM
I've declined twice but have gone to both weddings.

Rude? WGAF.

Chances are, you won't see these people much after their special day. Do what you want and don't look back.

And $3,000? I almost spent as much as the last wedding I stood up in. After that, saying no was definitely on the table.

All told, I've probably stood up in 15 or so weddings.

WTF?? How??

04-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Well, when the bride/groom/families schedule four days worth of activities out of town at a pricey destination, it happens. The tux alone was $400.

The kicker was that I had to go and pick up sticks and leaves in this dude's backyard the morning of the wedding; it was an outdoor wedding. Guy was loaded, lived on this island/peninsula and here my dumbass was landscaping for this douche.

I was not happy.

ATRAIN
04-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Well, when the bride/groom/families schedule four days worth of activities out of town at a pricey destination, it happens. The tux was alone $400.

The kicker was that I had to go and pick up sticks and leaves in this dude's backyard the morning of the wedding. Guy was loaded, lived on this island/peninsula and here my dumbass was landscaping for this douche.

I was not happy.

LOL were you just a groomsman? WOW I was bitching that a friends tux was 200 a few years ago. Four days of events for a wedding??? WOW then you feel my pain 10 fold. So are you "retired" from weddings now?

04-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I was just a groomsmen. I've been there and back.

And this was one of my closest friends as well. We see each other one or twice a year now. Sweet deal for me, eh?

I hung up the patent leather shoes after that weekend. By far, the stupidest, most expensive, "Hey, look at me!" weddings I've ever been to in my 35 years on this Earth.

ATRAIN
04-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I was just a groomsmen. I've been there and back.

And this was one of my closest friends as well. We see each other one or twice a year now. Sweet deal for me, eh?

I hung up the patent leather shoes after that weekend. By far, the stupidest, most expensive, "Hey, look at me!" weddings I've ever been to in my 35 years on this Earth.

Yeah luckily most of my friends are married. My brother in laws brother got married a few years ago and asked me to be a groomsman. I was like wtf!!! Guess I was the sucker that didnt say no cause he has a lot of close friends.

stretch's wife
04-21-2010, 01:29 PM
You didnt complain when I fucked you the night before you married that homo Stretch.

that was you? I was drunk off my ass and since it was such a small dick, I thought it was stretch.

No wonder he looked confused when I complained.

lol mma

lol texans

lol atrain

Phillip
04-21-2010, 01:33 PM
lol stretch

lol stretch's wife

lol stretch = faggot for faking like hes married to hide his true fagginess

TDMVPDPOY
04-21-2010, 02:31 PM
i understand where his coming from, i got a few coming up and i dont feel like going...no offense no money :(

what i hate is when they invite you to shits like
engagements parties (expect to buy something or give them cash)
bachelor/bachelorette parties (expect to spend some money on someone else enjoyment)
wedding (fck that shit, what do you get out of it)
baby showers (fck that shit i knew this was coming up a few months after the wedding)
house welcoming (fck that shit must buy them something cause its their first house)

fkn lame....its even worst when its ur turn, and none of them turn up to any of it...or some ppl just move interstate or you lose contact with them

MateoNeygro
04-21-2010, 03:06 PM
I've only been to three weddings in my life, so I'm far from an expert, but I would think it depends on your relationship to the person who asked and your reason for turning them down.

I agree totally. That's probably the best answer you will get.

ploto
04-21-2010, 05:54 PM
I think no one should have an issue with a person from out of town saying they can not reallly afford the money or the time off work to be in a wedding (with the tux, extra days off, hotels, parties...). I think wedding stuff has gotten crazy. If I can't drive there the day of the wedding, I don't go. Dallas is about as far I will go for a wedding.

Mixability
04-21-2010, 05:58 PM
worse than expecting people to automatically say yes to standing in a wedding is asking for "sponsors"...... bleh.

For our wedding, I refused to ask for sponsors. I mean seriously, if you can't afford your wedding without family and friends shelling out cash for stuff, then maybe you should rethink your expensives tastes or for that matter, rethink if you're prepared financially to be married at all. Being hispanic, I guess people expected to be asked to sponsor, so I pleasantly surprised a few family members when I said that we have paid for EVERYTHING upfront.

BlackSwordsMan
04-21-2010, 06:22 PM
lol strikeforce

mookie2001
04-21-2010, 06:25 PM
It is rude when people ask why you didn't attend a wedding at an exotic or far away locale

uhh... money.

Why am I not driving an M5?

Why am I not high on coke right now?

Money

The Gemini Method
04-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Naw I did this recently because I couldn't be in the court...work...etc...etc...

If they make a big deal about it, bribe them with ectasy or any other party favors. They will soon forget why they were all pissy in the first place...