SpursRulez4eVeR
04-21-2010, 11:47 AM
RJ: i don't really give a shit what pop has to say

scottspurs
04-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Tim Duncan looks ready to dominate.

Fpoonsie
04-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Hmmm...from RJ's reaction to the question, one could reasonably assume he knows EXACTLY to whom Pop was referring. You could almost see the light kinda fade from his eyes a bit.

PLEASE show up, RJ.

Death In June
04-21-2010, 11:52 AM
RJ really doesn't seem motivated at all.

#2!
04-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Tim's reaction to Cuban's "I hate the Spurs" comment is great.

Richard's reaction to Pop's "played like dogs" comment was not as inspiring. "Everyone is entitled to their opinion." Man, it seems like RJ has really come to hate his time with Pop.

rayray2k8
04-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks SDC!!

Amuseddaysleeper
04-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Wow, I kinda wonder if Malik hadn't injured his ankle if he'd see even spot minutes.

Mal
04-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Tim is so cool guy.

mingus
04-21-2010, 12:15 PM
i feel for RJ, seriously, getting blamed for not playing well when he takes what 4 shots? lmao

DesignatedT
04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
haha tim takin a shit all over mark cuban

Dex
04-21-2010, 12:33 PM
i feel for RJ, seriously, getting blamed for not playing well when he takes what 4 shots? lmao

Taking four shots is part of the problem. He's not getting paid an exorbitant salary to put up four shots; he's supposed to be a scorer.

DesignatedT
04-21-2010, 12:36 PM
RJ better come out with some fuckin intensity and stop being such a pussy. seriously.

You got called out. How you going to respond?

spursdotcom
04-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Pop's video from today had an error previously showing 4/18, it's all good now. :toast

Chomag
04-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Wow! RJ realy didn't seem to care about Pop calling him out. RJ is like "Whatever I'm getting my 15mil reguardless suckers"

spurs10
04-21-2010, 01:05 PM
RJ is a pro and probably more critical of himself than anyone. I think his answer was a throwaway and he'll play better tonight regardless.

Stringer_Bell
04-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Timmy showing his mental toughness and fundemental approach to getting wins, RJ showing his weakness and tendency toward excuses. We know RJ can get it in there and fight, but it's so inconsistent that I don't think he even know what gives him those good performances. "It's my first year here..." - he's not a rookie, he's probably the piece that can push us over the top if he finds some courage and isn't afraid to attack.

polandprzem
04-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Yea, all the season I was defending RJ because of his approach. steadly working and progressing.
Now I don't know what to think? It's playoffs and he should be more clear with his statments.
He should take personaly 'the dogs' quote

widowmaker
04-21-2010, 01:46 PM
I really dont care how RJ feels or if he's gonna be here next year he just shows no motivation to win a game in this series he could care less. That being said one guy can not get in the way of this team winning this series everybody needs to pull together and come through, Pop needs to see that too if RJ is looking like a zombie out there pull his ass and let someone else take his minutes.

nkdlunch
04-21-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm the biggest Dick hater and even I think ppl in here are being too tough on him today. It's the playoffs, a clean slate. Let's forget the regular season. RJ had 1 bad playoff game, like he said, you go from 1 game being a zero to 1 game being a hero.

I think RJ is gonna respond tonight.

now if he doesn't..... :pctoss

Sisk
04-21-2010, 01:49 PM
"I have no reaction to that. Insignificant."

Tim Duncan, still teaching Badass 101.

Yes! Such a badass response.. the whole thing

Sisk
04-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Is pop still drunk from last night? haha

FalleNxWiZarDx
04-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Rj plz man play hard!

Old School 44
04-21-2010, 01:59 PM
How come everyone seems so afraid of Pop? I am assuming all of these guys are professional media guys asking the questions. The one question about Rick Carlisle framed with what Mark Cuban thinks was just BAD!

nkdlunch
04-21-2010, 02:14 PM
How come everyone seems so afraid of Pop? I am assuming all of these guys are professional media guys asking the questions. The one question about Rick Carlisle framed with what Mark Cuban thinks was just BAD!

you don't fuck with Pop. He will mentally undress you in front of the cameras.

crc21209
04-21-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm the biggest Dick hater and even I think ppl in here are being too tough on him today. It's the playoffs, a clean slate. Let's forget the regular season. RJ had 1 bad playoff game, like he said, you go from 1 game being a zero to 1 game being a hero.

I think RJ is gonna respond tonight.

now if he doesn't..... :pctoss

Exactly....what did people want him to say today? Did ya'll want him to respond to the questions yelling and spitting water or what? :lol. The guy is a calm dude like TD. Just because he didnt show emotion in his interview doesnt mean the guy doesnt care about contributing or winning...

guzmangm
04-21-2010, 02:16 PM
I found the RJ interview troubling.

Pop just kind of ignored the Blair question by giving a general answer. Let's hope he did it because he doesn't want to reveal his lineup adjustments...

in2deep
04-21-2010, 02:25 PM
goddam let's get this game started already!!!!!!!!

Blake
04-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Coach Pop
http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/100421_pop_shoot.html

Tim Duncan
http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/100421_duncan_shoot.html

Richard Jefferson
http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/100421_jefferson_shoot.html

:toast

good stuff.

Is it just me or does Don Harris still seem like a mediocre interviewer, even after all these years of covering TD?

Morg1411
04-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Tim: "I don't care. Add him to the list. Everybody hates us."

That kicks ass.

:rollin

Mark in Austin
04-21-2010, 03:51 PM
"I have no reaction to that. Insignificant."

Tim Duncan, still teaching Badass 101.

:toast

chichi!gettheyeyo
04-21-2010, 03:57 PM
No, you fucked up Marc. It's Cubans like you who are giving a bad name to our people. People who come here to work hard and make an honest living for themselves.

Blake
04-21-2010, 04:01 PM
No, you fucked up Marc. It's Cubans like you who are giving a bad name to our people. People who come here to work hard and make an honest living for themselves.

:donkey

taps
04-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Pop just kind of ignored the Blair question by giving a general answer.

Agreed, except I think this was Pop's most revealing answer if you read between the lines,

paraphrase:

"He's going to have trouble against any front court. He's undersized."

"He has to figure out how to work that (his game.)"

Good thing this kid has shown he has a psyche like a wrought iron anvil that deflects criticism and uses it to forge a stronger weapon... Definitely Spurs material.

I don't think he will play much this year (though I hope to God he does.) IMO Pop's more stubborn about rookie inexperience than he is addicted to smallball crack [thanks for that one Mr. Spur or whoever came up with it.]

Point is I've accepted this about the pop-dejuan dynamic and can live with it a little more easily if Pop gives him a fair chance next year.

I know he gives rookies a very hard time because we have the toughest system in the league and he expects his players to be ready to produce like the vaunted role players of Spurs past who could ride pine for an entire series then execute/make big plays when their number is called in crunch time.

I pray and pray and pray this is the case, because dejuan has already accomplished things only a select few of the most elite big men of the last 30 years can lay claim to. If dejuan continues to improve and Pop is still saying the same thing next year's playoffs as blair avgs 10mpg then I'll know he is a slave to those measurements and more or less blind to his production/talent/hustle.

This kid is better than George Hill, is a natural born leader and was the focal point of a very successful Division I team... and he damn sure won't need any coddling to go out there and produce. Please don't bury him next year, Pop.

sefant77
04-21-2010, 05:05 PM

A good interviewer would have told Duncan that Cuban had a big smile on his face when he told that "hate" stuff.

Cuban smiling makes it completly different and Duncan would knew it.

Of course if you are a douchebag just looking for headlines you dont do it.