PDA

View Full Version : Serge Ibakas 7 blocks and tip back

Fabbs
04-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Thunder up 88-86
Serge swats a Lamar Odumb shot and the block falls out to Shannon Brown who gets it over to Kobes.
Kobes drives, travels, has no prayer so jumps into a set Collison. Tweet! No travel call, defensive blocking foul on Collison. Kobes nods knowingly, aware of whats going on.
88-88

Thunder jumpshot bounces on rim but Serge Ibaka is there for the tip in over Gasoft. 90-88 Thunder, right? Tweet! The claim is that the ball was sitting on the rim, not bouncing slightly above. Sure looked to me like it bounced. We won't know because TNT shows an overhead angle and not a sideview. Good enough for Doug Laker Collins to pronounce that the ball was "sitting on the rim". Doug cannot see thru the basketball but hey, he knows where his bread is buttered.

Did you think the ball was "sitting" on the rim or that it took a little bounce up? I saw it bounce up.
Either way, can a player tap a ball that has not left the circle or was that another "Laker call" that those pussies and their fans need so badly and rejoice over?

Still not done, now we got Durant trying to get position with hairboi Artest bodying him. Fine, its playoff hoop. Let Artest put a body on him. But when Durant breaks free from Artest and just slightly has incidental contact with Gasoft, Gasoft decides to flop backwords Derrick Swisher style, his arms rotating in little circles as if he was swing dancing with W.O.W. and westkoast at a West Hollywood bar. Tweet! You know that's good for another foul call.

So there you have it. A Thunder lead taken down by that tough, playoff savvy Laker team

Ghazi
04-21-2010, 11:55 AM
LMAO Suns

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Serge Ibakas 7 blocks and tip back

& now the Thunder have but two choices= 4 in-a-row--OR--a Game 7 in Los Angeles.

Just like that.

mogrovejo
04-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Ibaka, Casspi, Beaubois, Jerebko, Jennings --- international rookies drafted well below their value. I suspect the same will happen in the next draft. We have gone full circle.

The ball doesn't need to be "sitting on the rim". To me, it looked within the imaginary cylinder from the rim, so it was a good call. I strongly dislike the NBA goal-tending/offensive interference rule though.

The way Artest is allowed to defend in the Lakers, especially off-the-ball is just amazing. It's like he's in 1998 and everybody else in 2010. It's even more amazing that not even a single writer or commentator says this. It's like Artest as a specific set of rules for himself.

j.dizzle
04-21-2010, 12:04 PM
You should be worried about Matt Bonner guarding Dirk right now son.:lol

TheRealCB
04-21-2010, 12:36 PM
You should be worried about Matt Bonner guarding Dirk right now son.:lol

You should be worried about Gasoft guarding Dirk,cause he's coming for you bitches:toast

JMarkJohns
04-21-2010, 01:16 PM
I'd kill myself if I ever truly stopped to think about all that could have been with the Suns and had they kept their draft picks.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Oh the possibilities of an Amare Ibaka front court. Fuck you Mike D'antoni, and fuck you for listening to him, Robert Sarver.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Suns might not have been able to sign Nash if they signed Deng though.

They only traded that pick because they thought Iggy wouldn't be there. Once he was, they scrambled at the last minute to try and undo it but they couldn't. They were going to sign Nash regardless, Iggy probably stops them from signing Q-Rich.

Nash
Joe Johnson
Andre Iguodala
Marion
Amare

:bang

JMarkJohns
04-21-2010, 01:22 PM
EDIT: DoK said it best.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-21-2010, 01:25 PM
I've always thought it was a stretch to say they should have Rondo. At the time of the draft, Marcus Williams was the top rated PG and most thought he could be a top 10 pick, maybe you remember that ghetto Knicks fan saying, "We don' car' who we got, we want Marcus Williams!" and then Isiah Thomas was booed to death when he picked Balkman over Williams at #20. When Phoenix sold the pick me and everyone else I knew weren't saying, "Wtf Rondo was there he's the backup PG the Suns need!" we were saying that about Marcus Williams. Also, I think we both know Rondo would have been glued to D'antoni's bench.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-21-2010, 01:26 PM
It could be worse and you could have Leandro Barbosa on your team.

Fify

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-21-2010, 01:28 PM
The ball doesn't need to be "sitting on the rim". To me, it looked within the imaginary cylinder from the rim, so it was a good call. I strongly dislike the NBA goal-tending/offensive interference rule though.

+1 I like the live ball on the rim rule Europe has.

Serge Ibaka
04-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Lamar Odom thinkin' he can get shots up over me......son it ain't like Air Congo looks like Chloe Kardashian.

JMarkJohns
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
I've always thought it was a stretch to say they should have Rondo. At the time of the draft, Marcus Williams was the top rated PG and most thought he could be a top 10 pick, maybe you remember that ghetto Knicks fan saying, "We don' car' who we got, we want Marcus Williams!" and then Isiah Thomas was booed to death when he picked Balkman over Williams at #20. When Phoenix sold the pick me and everyone else I knew weren't saying, "Wtf Rondo was there he's the backup PG the Suns need!" we were saying that about Marcus Williams. Also, I think we both know Rondo would have been glued to D'antoni's bench.

I liked Lowry a lot entering the draft. I had him ranked as high as Williams. However, I was shocked to see Williams get passed over, because he was a good shooter in college, and while not a great athlete, he was good, and had good passing skills. I loved Rondo, but knew he wouldn't get any PT due to a lack of shooting ability and age, so, yeah, I was more surprised about them not picking Williams (and then signing Banks, who's basically a poor-mans Lowry with better size.

TheMACHINE
04-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Thunder up 88-86
Serge swats a Lamar Odumb shot and the block falls out to Shannon Brown who gets it over to Kobes.
Kobes drives, travels, has no prayer so jumps into a set Collison. Tweet! No travel call, defensive blocking foul on Collison. Kobes nods knowingly, aware of whats going on.
88-88

Thunder jumpshot bounces on rim but Serge Ibaka is there for the tip in over Gasoft. 90-88 Thunder, right? Tweet! The claim is that the ball was sitting on the rim, not bouncing slightly above. Sure looked to me like it bounced. We won't know because TNT shows an overhead angle and not a sideview. Good enough for Doug Laker Collins to pronounce that the ball was "sitting on the rim". Doug cannot see thru the basketball but hey, he knows where his bread is buttered.

Did you think the ball was "sitting" on the rim or that it took a little bounce up? I saw it bounce up.
Either way, can a player tap a ball that has not left the circle or was that another "Laker call" that those pussies and their fans need so badly and rejoice over?

Still not done, now we got Durant trying to get position with hairboi Artest bodying him. Fine, its playoff hoop. Let Artest put a body on him. But when Durant breaks free from Artest and just slightly has incidental contact with Gasoft, Gasoft decides to flop backwords Derrick Swisher style, his arms rotating in little circles as if he was swing dancing with W.O.W. and westkoast at a West Hollywood bar. Tweet! You know that's good for another foul call.

So there you have it. A Thunder lead taken down by that tough, playoff savvy Laker team

the ball doesnt only need to SIT on the rim to be offensive interference retard.

poop
04-21-2010, 05:15 PM
ive never seen a team reject as many shots as the Thunder did last night. it was incredible to watch. their 'front line' could not have been more dwarfed by the Lakers stacked towers but it didnt even matter who put up the shot, it was like the whole thunder team went for it.

there were several times where they blocked 2-3 laker shots in a single possession, it was awesome to see players actually contesting shots instead of just standing still with your arms up (spurs)

Fabbs
04-21-2010, 05:27 PM
If ANY part of the ball is outside the cylinder it can be tipped in. That's what an NBA ref in training tells me. Cannot by laying on the rim tho.

The shot he tipped def looked like it was above the rim to me. TNT-Lakers and Brownozer Collins made no attempt to show another angle.

mogrovejo
04-21-2010, 05:53 PM
If ANY part of the ball is outside the cylinder it can be tipped in. That's what an NBA ref in training tells me. Cannot by laying on the rim tho.

The shot he tipped def looked like it was above the rim to me. TNT-Lakers and Brownozer Collins made no attempt to show another angle.

I thought it was in the cylinder. Only re-watching the play.