PDA

View Full Version : 48MoH: Spurs-Mavericks Game 2 Adjustments, Wayne Winston Style

Blackjack
04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Spurs-Mavericks Game 2 Adjustments, Wayne Winston Style
by Timothy Varner

How shall the San Antonio Spurs (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2010/04/18/previewing-the-past-the-spurs-and-mavs-meet-again/) proceed against the Dallas Mavericks? What Game 2 adjustments should the Spurs and Mavericks coaches consider?

Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2010/04/21/spurs-mavericks-game-2/#more-7750)

MannyIsGod
04-21-2010, 12:52 PM
So if McDyess does so much better than why is Bonner's lineup with the Big 3 and RJ doing better?

Someone explain please.

Chomag
04-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Winston continues to wonder why the Spurs play Keith Bogans, who, in his words, “killed the Spurs.”

HAHA! that part made me laugh my ass off for real. Centerpiece dude! Centerpiece!

DBMethos
04-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Bogans being in 2 of the worst lineups we used in Game 1 (as well as the Regular Season) speaks volumes. Will someone please e-mail this report to Pop before tonight's game???

Whisky Dog
04-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Manu was also on the 2 worst lineups list, so does that mean he should be benched?

Bogans has been horrible, but I don't need stats to tell me that. The game as seen by eyes told me that.

Truckules
04-21-2010, 04:17 PM
So basically, the players who suck (RMJ and Bogans) shouldn't see the court. If only Pop could see this. Pop needs to keep the rotation to a fairly small number. Parker, Hill, Ginobili, Jefferson, McDyess, Bonner, Blair, and Duncan should be the only people seeing more than 9 minutes on the floor.

MannyIsGod
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Manu was also on the 2 worst lineups list, so does that mean he should be benched?

Bogans has been horrible, but I don't need stats to tell me that. The game as seen by eyes told me that.

All things being equal had Manu been on those lists but not on the top then you might be able to draw a coloration between him and the worst lineups but when he also shows up in the best lineups then it pretty much says the reason those lineups were so bad wasn't Manu.

Isn't that common sense?

On the other hand when you have identicle lineups with the exception at 2 players at the same position then you can draw conclusions from that. Especially when you factor in +/- stats over and over and over again.

dbestpro
04-21-2010, 08:24 PM
It seems to me and according to this article that the only one who can stop the Spurs in the Spurs-Mavs matchup is Pop.