PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobili

picc84
04-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Damn thats a bad boy.

Dude was everywhere tonight.

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Little things:::playin' Dirk with his hands straight up and away so the refs couldn't "cheat" a call. Why bitch after you've been cheated? Preclude the cheat.

He was absolutely magnificient tonite.

Killakobe81
04-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Damn thats a bad boy.

Dude was everywhere tonight.

Co-sign.

joe johnson ray aleen are clutch too ...but when you factor hustle, rebounds and just HUGE BALLS i say it's Kobe Manu and MAYBE wade as far as guards go ...

picc84
04-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Manu is better than Kobe currently. He's playing near Wade level. You can't watch him play and honestly say another guard is outplaying him right now. Hoping Kobe can get his mojo back and turn back the clock, even a few months, but Manu is playing like the best or second best guard in the L.

Respect due.

DAF86
04-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Little things:::playin' Dirk with his hands straight up and away so the refs couldn't "cheat" a call. Why bitch after you've been cheated? Preclude the cheat.

He was absolutely magnificient tonite.

+1 the times he got to guard Nowitzki he did a great job.

mavs>spurs2
04-21-2010, 11:30 PM
manu, most overrated player in league history, great only in the minds of argie fan

you people make me laugh, caron butler >> manu

IronMexican
04-21-2010, 11:31 PM
+1 the times he got to guard Nowitzki he did a great job.

No need to stretch it. We all know Manu is a terrible defender. Dirk decided to take shitty shots or pass it to Terry at the end. We saw what Manu's real D was made of when he let Butler get into the lane without much of an effort.

jestersmash
04-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Manu is better than Kobe currently. He's playing near Wade level. You can't watch him play and honestly say another guard is outplaying him right now. Hoping Kobe can get his mojo back and turn back the clock, even a few months, but Manu is playing like the best or second best guard in the L.

Respect due.

+1

I know people hate PER, but PER...supports this.

Shooting guard PERs in the post season:

1. Dwayne Wade
2. Manu Ginobili

Kobe bryant is rank 6

And wade-gino is really really close. Wade is like .5 above Gino at the moment.

FkLA
04-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Nice to see Laker fans give the man his props. Easily one of the most underrated players in the history of the nba, in the sense that many people look at his stats and assume he doesnt belong in the conversation with top players. He would have all-nba accolades and all-star selections out the ass if he was a top option on a team but he simply doesnt care about any of that. He was underpaid every year of his current contract and accepted a 6th man role for the betterment of the team, its all about winning for him.

Try to tell that to Mavette fans or that Mavs fan groupie DoK though.

jestersmash
04-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Regular season PER

1. dwayne wade
2. manu ginobili
3. kobe bryant

kobe is still elite. his last slew of games were subpar for him, though, but kobe is kobe he'll be back.

Phillip
04-21-2010, 11:34 PM
and tonight is exactly why you cannot let Kidd guard Manu. he likes to double off too fucking much, resulting in a shitstorm of wide open 3s for him. Butler early on kept getting lost defensively as well and it was fucking annoying as hell

mavs>spurs2
04-21-2010, 11:34 PM
lol can't guard shit

lol not physically capable of playing more than 30 minutes a game

DAF86
04-21-2010, 11:37 PM
No need to stretch it. We all know Manu is a terrible defender. Dirk decided to take shitty shots or pass it to Terry at the end. We saw what Manu's real D was made of when he let Butler get into the lane without much of an effort.

WTF? He had problems when Butler post him up 'cause he's bigger and stronger than Manu but he couldn't get past Manu off the drible all night long. Manu's lateral movement is great, that's a sign of a good defender, also he malkes a lot of things happens on defense (steals, rebounds, deflections, blocks). How can you say that he's a terrible defender? He's a terrible defender only when he doesn't try or is tired. When he tries he's pretty good.

FkLA
04-21-2010, 11:38 PM
lol losing to an 8 seed

lol losing a Finals with a 2-0 lead and a 13 pt lead heading into the 4th qtr of Game 3

lol about to lose to a 7 seed

lol all in the same decade

lol chokers of the decade

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/26/57/n2396517395_5785.jpg http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/26/57/n2396517395_5785.jpg http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/26/57/n2396517395_5785.jpg http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/26/57/n2396517395_5785.jpg http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/26/57/n2396517395_5785.jpg

mavs>spurs2
04-21-2010, 11:38 PM
He's a terrible defender only when he doesn't try or is tired.

when ISN'T he tired? the mofo can barely play 30 minutes a night without breaking down

Giuseppe
04-21-2010, 11:39 PM

Respect due.

But, there is no tangible form to confirm Manu over Bryant. Bryant's tangible form from last June remains sanctified. We can jack each other tonight in the backwash of Manu's greatness there in Dallas, but, it's meaningless to the point that it's just a means to an end/winning the last game he plays. If he does not do that, he's white bread.

Ghazi
the debate isnt lebron v kobe, 'bron is clearly ahead

and d-whistle is the best 2 guard in the game, although he was gifted a ring in 2006

Kobe v Manu right now is a good debate :tu

picc84
Regular season PER

1. dwayne wade
2. manu ginobili
3. kobe bryant

kobe is still elite. his last slew of games were subpar for him, though, but kobe is kobe he'll be back.

Kobe was elite first few months of season. Then he got injured and started declining simultaneously. And it hasn't really stopped. No big deal, everyone declines, and Manu and Wade came into the L much later so it makes sense they are still going as strong as ever.

IronMexican
04-21-2010, 11:40 PM
WTF? He had problems when Butler post him up 'cause he's bigger and stronger than Manu but he couldn't get past Manu off the drible all night long.

What I meant to say. Just worded it wrong. lol slapping the ball straight up and down and making Duncan pick up a foul.

SA is lucky that Dirk decided to go all CP3, 2008 game 7 on them. It's like watching peyton manning face the blitz in the 4th Quarter of the Super Bowl down a touch down and throwing to his best wide receiver. You know what's gonna happen.

anonoftheinternets
04-21-2010, 11:41 PM

WTF? He had problems when Butler post him up 'cause he's bigger and stronger than Manu but he couldn't get past Manu off the drible all night long. Manu's lateral movement is great, that's a sign of a good defender, also he malkes a lot of things happens on defense (steals, rebounds, deflections, blocks). How can you say that he's a terrible defender? He's a terrible defender only when he doesn't try or is tired. When he tries he's pretty good.

stop falling for obvious trolling, IM jus opened a thread saying Manu > Dirk, and then claims bad defense which is the obvious shortcoming of .... one dirk nowitski... u gotta be smarter than that.... jus say something bad abt Shaq and he will quiet down.

jag
lol can't guard shit

Is this a serious take?

IronMexican
the debate isnt lebron v kobe, 'bron is clearly ahead

and d-whistle is the best 2 guard in the game, although he was gifted a ring in 2006

Kobe v Manu right now is a good debate :tu

And the Lakers just offered Kobe a 3 year 90 million dollar deal. lol.

picc84
04-21-2010, 11:42 PM
But, there is no tangible form to confirm Manu over Bryant. Bryant's tangible form from last June remains sanctified. We can jack each other tonight in the backwash of Manu's greatness there in Dallas, but, it's meaningless to the point that it's just a means to an end/winning the last game he plays. If he does not do that, he's white bread.

2009 Kobe clearly > Manu.

But 2009 Kobe also clearly was a much different player than Kobe right now. He's fallen off a cliff over the past couple months. He is a veritable shell of himself right now, and it hurts to watch sometimes. Manu has been playing like tonight for awhile now, its not just a one game thing. Dude has been unbelievable.

As for Kobe, like I said, no biggie, happens to everyone as they get older. If he can find a fountain of youth and push back the clock even ONE year this postseason he'll be right back on top. But we'll see.

jag
04-21-2010, 11:44 PM
And the Lakers just offered Kobe a 3 year 90 million dollar deal. lol.

Kobe v Manu is not a serious debate as far as talent is concerned. Kobe is still capable of doing more than Manu, he just isn't playing as smart as Manu right now.

There's also a big difference in attitude between the two.

DAF86
04-21-2010, 11:44 PM
stop falling for obvious trolling, IM jus opened a thread saying Manu > Dirk, and then claims bad defense which is the obvious shortcoming of .... one dirk nowitski... u gotta be smarter than that.... jus say something bad abt Shaq and he will quiet down.

He doesn't really bealive that Manu > Dirk. And I really think he was beign serious about Manu not beign a good defender (maybe IM can confirm this).

IronMexican
04-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Kobe v Manu is not a serious debate as far as talent is concerned. Kobe is still capable of doing more than Manu, he just isn't playing as smart as Manu right now.

There's also a big difference in attitude between the two.

I agree, that Kobe is better, I really couldn't say the margin, because it's so hard to tell. Just saying, Lakers overpaid for a very injured and worn down Kobe.

Manu is a bad defender, though.

mavs>spurs2
04-21-2010, 11:47 PM
Is this a serious take?

as serious as your mental retardation

DAF86
04-21-2010, 11:49 PM
He doesn't really bealive that Manu > Dirk. And I really think he was beign serious about Manu not beign a good defender (maybe IM can confirm this).

Well, point proved.

jag
04-21-2010, 11:50 PM
I agree, that Kobe is better, I really couldn't say the margin, because it's so hard to tell. Just saying, Lakers overpaid for a very injured and worn down Kobe.

Manu isn't a poor defender. He's never been a liability. He's just not used to guarding quality opposing players, because it's always been Bowen's job. He's having to learn not to take so many risks.

He's crafty and persistent...he also has the athletic ability to challenge shots, which he does.

MmP
04-21-2010, 11:50 PM
edit

FkLA
04-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Are people seriously questioning Manu's defense? Wow.

RsxPiimp
04-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Just saying, Lakers overpaid for a very injured and worn down Kobe.

3 year contract man. Starts next year, so I would'nt say he's overpaid right now.

jag
04-21-2010, 11:52 PM
as serious as your mental retardation

:lol

weak

mavs>spurs2
04-21-2010, 11:53 PM
homeboy just admitted manu can't defend for shit when he's tired. when is manu not tired?

lol >30mpg

RsxPiimp
04-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Manu's worth is often overlook in San Antonio because of Duncan. But he;s such a great momentum turner with a wide range of game. He's one of those rare players that you dont ever want to see hang up his sneakers.

dirk4mvp
04-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Since when is Manu anything barely above a passing grade for his defense? I've seen it all from Manufans now. He can do no wrong! He is the perfect basketball player!

jag
04-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Since when is Manu anything barely above a passing grade for his defense? I've seen it all from Manufans now. He can do no wrong! He is the perfect basketball player!

I'm about as far as it gets from being a Manu homer.

Dude isn't a great defender...but he's far from a liability.

AnthonyM
04-21-2010, 11:57 PM

crofl 4 rings faggot

DAF86
04-21-2010, 11:58 PM

Well, that's not the same as saying that he's a poor defender.

dirk4mvp
I'm about as far as it gets from being a Manu homer.

Dude isn't a great defender...but he's far from a liability.

Fuck that! He is Pippen and Payton wrapped into a ball of Argentina badassery.

picc84
Manu is one of those players who just can flat out ball. He'll score when you need it, make a great pass when you need it, grab a huge board when you need it, make a clutch steal when you need it, etc. Swiss army knife player with a boatload of talent. I just really enjoy watching him play.

I remember seeing a couple spurs games during the 2003 season and thinking specifically "this guy is going to be a problem". Sure enough second round he was there doing all the little things that helped eliminate us. Completely unselfish, always makes the right play, lots of offensive talent, crafty on defense. Love the guys game.

Now watch him go 3-13 next game. :lol

AnthonyM
04-22-2010, 12:01 AM
crofl butthurt mavs fans

chichi!gettheyeyo
04-22-2010, 12:02 AM
hey mavfan, You don't know what you taking about about, you fucking cockroach

FkLA
04-22-2010, 12:02 AM

Noone is saying he's all-nba dumbass. He makes some unecessary gambles at times and is not strong enough to defend bigger guys...but as far staying in front of players he's solid. Not to mention his ability to come up with opportune blocks, steals, or charges.

dirk4mvp
04-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Noone is saying he's all-nba dumbass. He makes some unecessary gambles at times and is not strong enough to defend bigger guys...but as far staying in front of players he's solid. Not to mention his ability to come up with opportune blocks, steals, or charges.

He's probably a top 5 perimeter defender of all time. These are things we know.

mavs>spurs2
04-22-2010, 12:04 AM
crofl overrated nazi sympathizer

badfish22
04-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Spurs won game two by a healthy margin last year as well. Don't get too excited spurfan, Mavs still got this series imho.

AnthonyM
04-22-2010, 12:05 AM

crofl cant even do anything but make stupid posts cuz youre too butthurt

AnthonyM
04-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Spurs won game two by a healthy margin last year as well. Don't get too excited spurfan, Mavs still got this series imho.

But you're also in idiot

imho

scrah

dirk4mvp
04-22-2010, 12:06 AM

However last year they didn't have the perfect basketball player due to injury, tbh.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-22-2010, 12:07 AM

:lmao

These Mav trolls are starting to grow on me

jag
04-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Fuck that! He is Pippen and Payton wrapped into a ball of Argentina badassery.

ok. Real basketball talk:

There are tons of things to hate on ginobili about, but defense just isn't one of them.

He's not a "bad" defensive player. His defense isn't a liability to the Spurs. He understands the system and he's almost always on time with his rotations, and makes a conscious effort to challenge jumpers. The steals and deflections he gets are a direct result of how much he hustles and how hard he works on the defensive end...I think they make up for some of his ADD.

FkLA
04-22-2010, 12:08 AM
He's probably a top 5 perimeter defender of all time. These are things we know.

yeah thats exactly what i said

:flag:

manu was in streetclothes last year and mason, bonner, and finley were playing 40 mpg son.

DAF86
04-22-2010, 12:09 AM

With a little difference: Last year the first two were in San Antonio.

Ghazi
04-22-2010, 12:09 AM

manu was in streetclothes last year and mason, bonner, and finley were playing 40 mpg son.

That is true

howEVA!

Mavs are a different team this year as well. Marion/Butler/Haywood are upgrades to last years counterparts.

We'll see what happens.

ElNono
04-22-2010, 12:11 AM
That is true

howEVA!

Mavs are a different team this year as well. Marion/Butler/Haywood are upgrades to last years counterparts.

We'll see what happens.

No beloved boys in blue thread tonight?

badfish22
04-22-2010, 12:12 AM
With a little difference: Last year the first two were in San Antonio.

Mavs were the best road team in the NBA this year. I like our chances of stealing one in SA.

AnthonyM
04-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Mavs were the best road team in the NBA this year. I like our chances of stealing one in SA.

crofl regular season...mavs are so good in the regular season... but its the playoffs now...what have the mavs done in the playoffs

jag
04-22-2010, 12:14 AM

I agree. The Spurs need the same defensive intensity and a 4th scorer. If they don't get that, they won't win another game.

Mixability
04-22-2010, 12:15 AM
When he's "on" theres no stopping him. He'll make stupid mistakes when he's too "on" but I wouldn't want the ball in anyone elses hands when it counts.

FkLA
04-22-2010, 12:17 AM

Mavs were a pretty average home team during the reg season and needed a 20 FT disparity to pullout Game 1 and got DP'ed in Game 2. I like our chances to steal that right back in Game 5/7 in the unlikely event that that that Mavs steal on in SA these next two games.

dirk4mvp
04-22-2010, 12:18 AM

That's what I'm saying, dumbshit. Does your brain not get that? These are things that we know.

badfish22
04-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Mavs were a pretty average home team during the reg season and needed a 20 FT disparity to pullout Game 1 and got DP'ed in Game 2. I like our chances to steal that right back in Game 5/7 in the unlikely event that that that Mavs steal on in SA these next two games.

In game two Dirk wasn't Dirk, and Dick had his first decent game all year. Also Kidd didn't play well either.

badfish22
04-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Roddy needs to get in the mothafucking game regardless. We need an answer to what Tony and Hill are bringing.

FkLA
04-22-2010, 12:23 AM
That's what I'm saying, dumbshit. Does your brain not get that? These are things that we know.

In game two Dirk wasn't Dirk, and Dick had his first decent game all year. Also Kidd didn't play well either.

uhh dirk wasnt dirk in game 1 either, unless you think he's a 90% shooter from the field...and dick's one good game out of 10 was cancelled today by terry's good game tbh. FTAs were fairly even, and the Spurs even gave themselves the luxury of shooting like 50% from the line and your girls in blue were still DP'ed.

ElNono
04-22-2010, 12:25 AM
Manu Ginobili lives vicariously to himself.
Manu Ginobili's mom has a tatoo that reads Son.
Manu Ginobili on Lady luck: "Be wary of a woman who only shows up when you are winning"
Manu Ginobili is allowed to touch the art at the museums.

And so it goes...

WESTACKED
04-22-2010, 12:29 AM
crofl regular season...mavs are so good in the regular season... but its the playoffs now...what have the mavs done in the playoffs
they've won game one, enough.

Johnny RIngo
04-22-2010, 12:30 AM

Jefferson had 29 points against the Mavs in November.

ezau
04-22-2010, 12:33 AM
lol losing to an 8 seed

lol losing a Finals with a 2-0 lead and a 13 pt lead heading into the 4th qtr of Game 3

lol about to lose to a 7 seed

lol all in the same decade

lol chokers of the decade

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/26/57/n2396517395_5785.jpg http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/26/57/n2396517395_5785.jpg http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/26/57/n2396517395_5785.jpg http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/26/57/n2396517395_5785.jpg http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/26/57/n2396517395_5785.jpg

:lmao:lmao:lmao love the picture

WESTACKED
04-22-2010, 12:33 AM
all spurs need to do now is keep their consistency and won the next two matches in SA, then start preparing for the 2nd round. I don't see these sopped minds could turn the series around from 1-3.

dirk4mvp
04-22-2010, 12:35 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao love the picture

sup Omar.

ezau
04-22-2010, 12:35 AM
2009 Kobe clearly > Manu.

But 2009 Kobe also clearly was a much different player than Kobe right now. He's fallen off a cliff over the past couple months. He is a veritable shell of himself right now, and it hurts to watch sometimes. Manu has been playing like tonight for awhile now, its not just a one game thing. Dude has been unbelievable.

As for Kobe, like I said, no biggie, happens to everyone as they get older. If he can find a fountain of youth and push back the clock even ONE year this postseason he'll be right back on top. But we'll see.

Kobe's 36-thousand minute leg is obviously hurting him. He's been in the league far longer than Manu and Wade so it's understandable. However, Kobe is still a badass player nobody would ever want to face a motivated Kobe in the playoffs

Xevious
04-22-2010, 12:44 AM
The Lakers are going to have to manage Kobe's minutes if he's going to hold up for 3 more years and play at the level they expect of him. Even though Manu hasn't been in the league that long, he's logged a lot of playoff minutes and time overseas and for his country. Wade is going to be broken down when he's their age IMO.

ezau
04-22-2010, 12:48 AM
sup Omar.

How did game 2 go for the Mavs, faggot?

Fpoonsie
04-22-2010, 12:49 AM
I agree. The Spurs need the same defensive intensity and a 4th scorer. If they don't get that, they won't win another game.

Yep. Spurs decide to act like the home games are gimmes, we're gonna get run outta the gym.

I'd LOVE to be surprised on Fri and Sun like I was tonight.

jdev82
04-22-2010, 12:52 AM

at this point, i think that if SA wins both, we will win easily in 5 or 6, but if the mavs win one in SA, it will go 7 games and whoever the best team is will win.

dirk4mvp
04-22-2010, 12:53 AM
How did game 2 go for the Mavs, faggot?

Sup, Omar.

ezau
04-22-2010, 01:58 AM
Sup, Omar.

:lmao:lmao

Kobulingam
04-22-2010, 02:44 AM
What the f is this sup omar business.

mingus
04-22-2010, 03:44 AM
Manu a bad defender?

obviously anyone who says this is talking out of their ass. he has good lateral quickness and great hands. h'es by no means an elite defender, but he's well above average. anybody who calls him a "terrible" defender has a terrible understanding of his game.

namlook
04-22-2010, 03:56 AM
Manu is better than Kobe currently.

Manu is healthier than Kobe right now but he is not better and never has been.

+1

I know people hate PER, but PER...supports this.

Uh, no. It doesn't translate that way. You can't compare PER for a player that rarely leaves the floor to one that plays a reduced role. Kobe is at 39 minutes this season and often has been playing over 40 minutes a game in a season. Manu plays 10 minutes less per game. That's a big difference.

Lets see what Manu's PER would look like if he was logging 39 minutes a game in a season. Manu's PER would take a big hit if he was playing heavy minutes like the superstars and that's if he could even stay healthy enough to see the floor. Pop tries to keep him fresh and as healthy as possible by cutting his minutes. A fresh and rested player has better opportunities to play at peak efficiency.

And even playing reduced minutes he hasn't been able to stay healthy. So if he can't stay healthy playing reduced minutes there's no way he can possibly maintain his level of play at 39 minutes a game. Manu is a great player in the role he plays when he's healthy but he's not in the Kobe/Wade category. It's a fantasy to think he could perform like Kobe and Wade logging superstar minutes over a season. He would break down and his efficiency would tank.

Mr.Robinson
04-22-2010, 04:53 AM
Manu is healthier than Kobe right now but he is not better and never has been.

Uh, no. It doesn't translate that way. You can't compare PER for a player that rarely leaves the floor to one that plays a reduced role. Kobe is at 39 minutes this season and often has been playing over 40 minutes a game in a season. Manu plays 10 minutes less per game. That's a big difference.

Lets see what Manu's PER would look like if he was logging 39 minutes a game in a season. Manu's PER would take a big hit if he was playing heavy minutes like the superstars and that's if he could even stay healthy enough to see the floor. Pop tries to keep him fresh and as healthy as possible by cutting his minutes. A fresh and rested player has better opportunities to play at peak efficiency.

And even playing reduced minutes he hasn't been able to stay healthy. So if he can't stay healthy playing reduced minutes there's no way he can possibly maintain his level of play at 39 minutes a game. Manu is a great player in the role he plays when he's healthy but he's not in the Kobe/Wade category. It's a fantasy to think he could perform like Kobe and Wade logging superstar minutes over a season. He would break down and his efficiency would tank.
You do know players that play less minutes get injured as well. One ploay is all it takes. What's this bullshit about he can't even stay healthy playing 30 minutes a game?

NickiRasgo
04-22-2010, 07:45 AM
manu, most overrated player in league history, great only in the minds of argie fan

you people make me laugh, caron butler >> manu

Yeah your right, the 57th Pick in 1999 NBA Draft is overrated. And the 10th Pick in 2002 NBA Draft is better.

DaDakota
04-22-2010, 09:25 AM
He is a great player, I would have loved for him to sign in Houston and play alongside Luis...nice job by the Spurs FO of locking him up for 3 more years.

DD

TheManFromAcme
04-22-2010, 09:32 AM
:toast

Manu never ceases to amaze me. This is "dangerous Manu".
WC is now put on notice. Should the Spurs get passed by Dallas (and all indications show they should) they will be dangerous to everyone.

I've been a private Manu fan for years. Love his game, style and hustle. Nice job Gino!

Giuseppe
04-22-2010, 09:38 AM
:toast

Manu never ceases to amaze me. This is "dangerous Manu".
WC is now put on notice. Should the Spurs get passed by Dallas (and all indications show they should) they will be dangerous to everyone.

I've been a private Manu fan for years. Love his game, style and hustle. Nice job Gino!

They'd still be a fine match for us, Acme. We can account for everybody there, and we've won there.

TheManFromAcme
04-22-2010, 09:44 AM
They'd still be a fine match for us, Acme. We can account for everybody there, and we've won there.

Agreed.

Manu is still the heart and soul of this team G. Am licking my chops to meet with them for a classic rumble.

I am just glad (through the eyes of a fan who loves the game) to see them at this point. They were always built for better.

Giuseppe
04-22-2010, 10:03 AM
I am just glad (through the eyes of a fan who loves the game) to see them at this point. They were always built for better.

Agreed. They were beautiful last night: Pop shuffling players in precise cadence. He never failed himself or his "children"///Duncan's release near invisible, like pure magic. You had to watch the tv screen to pick it up///Manu ahead of the game by multiple seconds///"Dice" finding his splendid once & again.

It was a treat.

Booharv
04-22-2010, 11:44 AM

But when Manu's on the floor, he's better. That's what you're saying right?

namlook
04-23-2010, 12:20 AM
But when Manu's on the floor, he's better. That's what you're saying right?

That's like saying that the backup center that shoots 60% is better than Wilt Chamberlain.

jestersmash
04-23-2010, 12:25 AM
That's like saying that the backup center that shoots 60% is better than Wilt Chamberlain.

So you're saying Kobe is like wilt chamberlain, and ginobili is some "back up center" that shoots 60%

How's having a wilt chamberlain caliber player working out for yall this postseason so far?

namlook
04-23-2010, 12:33 AM
So you're saying Kobe is like wilt chamberlain, and ginobili is some "back up center" that shoots 60%

How's having a wilt chamberlain caliber player working out for yall this postseason so far?

I'm saying you can't compare efficiency stats for player who plays a reduced role with reduced minutes to a superstar and perennial 1st team all-nba player who sees a lot more floor time.

jestersmash
04-23-2010, 12:38 AM
So let's say hypothetically, and this is strictly hypothetical - Kobe had a PER of about 19 and Ginobili had a PER of about 30 for the post season so far.

Let's say hypothetically Kobe is averaging 41 minutes per game while Ginobili is averaging 36.5 minutes per game.

You're saying - if Kobe played 4.5 minutes less per game, his PER would increase by 50%?

Of course none of this is exactly relevant because the numbers are just hypothetical, of course. I think Kobe has a postseason PER of like 50 or 60 while Ginobili's PER is like 2. I'm just ball parking the numbers, though.

ezau
04-23-2010, 01:10 AM
namlook=moron

namlook
04-23-2010, 01:20 AM
So let's say hypothetically, and this is strictly hypothetical - Kobe had a PER of about 19 and Ginobili had a PER of about 30 for the post season so far.

Let's say hypothetically Kobe is averaging 41 minutes per game while Ginobili is averaging 36.5 minutes per game.

You're saying - if Kobe played 4.5 minutes less per game, his PER would increase by 50%?

No I'm not saying any of that. I said what I said.

namlook=moron

Coming from you that's a compliment. If you called me brilliant I'd be very worried. :toast

ezau
04-23-2010, 01:27 AM
Coming from you that's a compliment. If you called me brilliant I'd be very worried. :toast

How did Game 3 between the Fakers and Thunder pan out for Kobe? :toast

namlook
04-23-2010, 01:48 AM
How did Game 3 between the Fakers and Thunder pan out for Kobe? :toast

If I were you I'd be more worried about the Spurs prospects than what Kobe does.

Halberto
04-23-2010, 01:57 AM
namlook, based on health and performance CURRENTLY... who is the better player?

ezau
04-23-2010, 02:01 AM
If I were you I'd be more worried about the Spurs prospects than what Kobe does.

KD has Kobe's number and if I were a Laker fan, I would be worried. Did you see him shut down Kobe when it matters? That's a very bad sign for the Laker goat. Truth is, Kobe has to deal with an ultra-long and athletic Durant, while trying to figure out how to play with his supposed injuries. How did game 3 pan out again for the Lakers again?:toast

namlook
04-23-2010, 02:23 AM
KD has Kobe's number and if I were a Laker fan, I would be worried. Did you see him shut down Kobe when it matters? That's a very bad sign for the Laker goat. Truth is, Kobe has to deal with an ultra-long and athletic Durant, while trying to figure out how to play with his supposed injuries. How did game 3 pan out again for the Lakers again?:toast

Isolated sequences of plays in a game or losing a game are unimportant as long as the series is won. As I said you should be more worried about the Spurs surviving round one than what Kobe and the Lakers are doing.

namlook
04-23-2010, 02:25 AM
namlook, based on health and performance CURRENTLY... who is the better player?

At this moment in time I think Manu is playing better due to health reasons, but he's not the better player. There is a difference.

admiralsnackbar
04-23-2010, 02:56 AM
It's nice to see hoops fans who can get past their team allegiances to appreciate another player as much as some here are doing for Manu, but I have to laugh at the people (including the Spurs fans) who say he's a bad defender... that shit is just baffling given his ability to draw fouls, read passing lanes, stay in front of his man, get a steal to make up for a bone-headed offensive gamble, etc.

I'm honestly curious to hear the top 5 defensive 2's critics of Manu's D would list. Stand and be counted.

ezau
04-23-2010, 03:16 AM
Isolated sequences of plays in a game or losing a game are unimportant as long as the series is won. As I said you should be more worried about the Spurs surviving round one than what Kobe and the Lakers are doing.

I'm not worried at Kobe at all. It's just amazing how one player can fall off the cliff in such a short span of time. Oh well, I guess Kobe can call it a career and give everybody a collective fuck you when he's done. Next year, it's time for him to defer to the Lakers' real MVP and be more of a facilitator. He's no longer the go-to-guy that he once was.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Lakers can finish the Thunder in five and although they're not as imposing as last year, they're still the top team in the West this season. However, the gap isn't very big between the Lakers and the entire Western conference. That being said, when any of the team in the West takes down the Lakers, it's not an upset.

namlook
04-23-2010, 03:27 AM
I'm not worried at Kobe at all. It's just amazing how one player can fall off the cliff in such a short span of time. Oh well, I guess Kobe can call it a career and give everybody a collective fuck you when he's done. Next year, it's time for him to defer to the Lakers' real MVP and be more of a facilitator. He's no longer the go-to-guy that he once was.

I think you and all the Kobe haters will be in for a surprise next year. Kobe started out this season on pace to have one of the best seasons of his career before the injuries hit. None of the injuries appear to be long term and should be resolved with time off and rest. Kobe's got another couple championships left in him. Wait and see.

ezau
04-23-2010, 03:36 AM
I think you and all the Kobe haters will be in for a surprise next year. Kobe started out this season on pace to have one of the best seasons of his career before the injuries hit. None of the injuries appear to be long term and should be resolved with time off and rest. Kobe's got another couple championships left in him. Wait and see.

No, I'm not a Kobe hater. In fact, unlike most Spurs fans, I have so much respect for what the guy can do. Sure he's not the most likable athlete in pro sports, but the man is great. I can go on and on with all this hate, but what's the point? His accolades will tell any hater that he has achieved a ton of things in his 15-year career.

You're right about the fact that Kobe needs to rest, but the question is, is he willing to take the time off? Also, Is he willing to defer a bit more to Gasol and Bynum?

Fact is, even if Kobe defers, it's not like his status in the sport will ever diminish. Unfortunately, Kobe still hasn't realized this yet

picc84
04-23-2010, 08:36 AM
What do his finger injuries have to do with the fact that he's so old he can't drive past anyone anymore, and has so little lift i've seen him outright swatted more times this year than ever before? Kobe never used to get his shit swatted. Now it happens every game. Athletically he's done. I have no idea why it happened so fast, even last year he had still had some athleticism left, but he's literally fallen off a damn cliff.

Rest isn't going to take years off his legs, and neither is finger surgery. What he needs right now is brain surgery, or some sort of hypnosis to make him aware that its 2010 and not 2005 because apparently he isn't.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 08:43 AM
What do his finger injuries have to do with the fact that he's so old he can't drive past anyone anymore, and has so little lift i've seen him outright swatted more times this year than ever before? Kobe never used to get his shit swatted. Now it happens every game. Athletically he's done. I have no idea why it happened so fast, even last year he had still had some athleticism left, but he's literally fallen off a damn cliff.

Rest isn't going to take years off his legs, and neither is finger surgery. What he needs right now is brain surgery, or some sort of hypnosis to make him aware that its 2010 and not 2005 because apparently he isn't.

Picc, sweetheart, let us wait until he doesn't go back-to-back this June before we lobotomize him.

In the meantime, get in the f'in basement and eat your f'in cereal.:lol

picc84
04-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Hasn't been one game, snookums. He's been playing like this since March. If anything he's gotten dumber and even more stubborn over this stretch.

I'm not conceding the season yet, just acknowledging facts. If he switches the game up and things run smooth the rest of the run, i'll put my foot in my mouth and chew like Jeff Dahmer. In the meantime, eating my Super Golden Crisp will be nice and tasty but it won't put brain cells back in his head so whats the point.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 08:58 AM
If you ever come across Luva & I strollin' LA, just pretend we're Indians, cuz your dead to us.

**Those Super Golden Crisp (if fresh) with half & half will absolutely blow your fin' shorts off.

picc84
04-23-2010, 09:13 AM
I've seen both of you strolling LA before. You were both at an intersection dressed in red but doing the crip walk. I was gonna yell out the window but decided it was in everyone's best interest to just keep on driving.

*Super Golden Crisp will blow the shorts off but Rice Krispies Treats will strip you butt naked and suck your dick.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2010, 09:24 AM
So this is what hardcore laker fans talk about after losing a game to an 8th seed.

Fascinating.

Cry Havoc
04-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Something tells me Kobe isn't done yet.

/just sayin'

Muser
04-23-2010, 09:35 AM
I'd love to know what Kobe is thinking when he's on the court, he'd be driving me mad if I supported the Lakers.

smeagol
04-23-2010, 09:57 AM
There's some pretty bright Laker fans posting in the NBA forum, for a change.

Dallas fans, OTOH, are as fucking imbeciles . . . pretty much as always