PDA

View Full Version : As a Mavs fan...

Stamm32089
04-21-2010, 11:29 PM
I'd like to thank the refs for trying to get us back in the game...The game wasn't even close but thanks to some whistle swalloage when the Spurs were on offense, we were able to make it respectable...

Congrats on the win Spurs fans...I already can't wait for Game 3!

DesignatedT
04-21-2010, 11:32 PM
cool story bro.

SequSpur
04-21-2010, 11:34 PM
suck on 4 championships...

Ditty
04-21-2010, 11:37 PM
fuck u culedo

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-21-2010, 11:38 PM
and ohhh good luck with the matrix for four more years :toast

Mr.Robinson
04-21-2010, 11:39 PM
I'd like to thank the refs for trying to get us back in the game...The game wasn't even close but thanks to some whistle swalloage when the Spurs were on offense, we were able to make it respectable...

Cuatro anillos.

Stamm32089
04-21-2010, 11:41 PM
See? That's why I love Spurs fans. Trying to give a little congrats and all you guys do is act like fags. Enjoy another first round exit.

Whisky Dog
04-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Fake mav troll. Mav fan never admits refs bail dirk out

mavsfan1000
04-21-2010, 11:44 PM
I would actually agree here. We had no business making that game close unless a couple calls weren't made to allow more fastbreak opportunities for us.

TampaDude
04-21-2010, 11:44 PM
See? That's why I love Spurs fans. Trying to give a little congrats and all you guys do is act like fags. Enjoy another first round exit.

Yes, we will enjoy it when the Mavs exit in the first round.

Spurs in 6. Book it.

Stamm32089
04-21-2010, 11:46 PM

I guess you can't read. Dirk wasn't getting bailed out. I was pointing out that we were playing "slap the shooter in the face" defense and it wasn't being called.

Dex
04-21-2010, 11:46 PM
This thread is weird.

I'm stoked about the win and all too, but I'm pretty sure everyone needs to simmer down and realize this is now just a 5 game series with Spurs having HCA.

Stamm32089
04-21-2010, 11:48 PM
This thread is weird.

I'm stoked about the win and all too, but I'm pretty sure everyone needs to simmer down and realize this is now just a 5 game series with Spurs having HCA.

But I thought you guys just won the Championship? Or at least, that's what everyone's acting like...

mavsfan1000
04-21-2010, 11:48 PM
I guess you can't read. Dirk wasn't getting bailed out. I was pointing out that we were playing "slap the shooter in the face" defense and it wasn't being called.
Well the NBA is a business. Helps ratings to keep games close. Also it helps the nba to keep series close.

Dr. Gonzo
04-21-2010, 11:50 PM
But I thought you guys just won the Championship? Or at least, that's what everyone's acting like...

How would you know how people act after a championship?

NewJerSpur
04-21-2010, 11:50 PM
This thread is weird.

That's going to happen between now and Friday when we're back to being terrified :lol. Right now it feels good to see Hill healthy, Jefferson stepping up and earning his contract, and the team clicking on all cylinders when we weren't even believed to make the playoffs months ago.

DesignatedT
04-21-2010, 11:51 PM

this place will be back to normal tomorrow morning.

TampaDude
04-21-2010, 11:51 PM

Zing!!! :lmao

mazerrackham
04-21-2010, 11:54 PM

Thanks man, sorry people don't ever show sportsmanship. I suppose that's because there are so many Mavs just trolling to stir things up.

BOHOLANO#21
04-21-2010, 11:54 PM

Exactly...i guess he meant the western conference championship:lol

Stamm32089
04-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Although one more thing I noticed, Dirk got accustomed to all the tic tac fouls called on him in game 1 and tonight was expecting the same generosity from the officials. That didn't happen. If Dirk gets to the line 15 times tonight (as opposed to the 20 times Sunday) then tonight might have been a different game.

I noticed that too. When Dirk gets fouled (or at least when he acts likes he's getting fouled) he flails his arms and legs and usually can't make the shot. He took a ton of bad shots based purely on the fact that he thought he was going to granted 2 FT's...

Whisky Dog
04-22-2010, 12:02 AM

ok, mav fan never admits refs call games in their favor. Forgive me for being suspicious - you have a post count equal to most mav fan's IQ so you look like an obvious troll with this bullshit thread.

Stamm32089
04-22-2010, 12:04 AM
ok, mav fan never admits refs call games in their favor. Forgive me for being suspicious - you have a post count equal to most mav fan's IQ so you look like an obvious troll with this bullshit thread.

p8bLsd0r5lw

That's all the proof I need. I don't have time to troll.

MannyIsGod
04-22-2010, 12:09 AM

You're a mavs fan, how would you know what a championship celebration is like?

Stamm32089
04-22-2010, 12:11 AM
You're a mavs fan, how would you know what a championship celebration is like?

You're a little too late. Someone beat you to the punch. And I guess you wouldn't know this, but my city is actually relevant, so we have more than 1 sports team. I have my fair share of championships.

MannyIsGod
04-22-2010, 12:15 AM
You're a little too late. Someone beat you to the punch. And I guess you wouldn't know this, but my city is actually relevant, so we have more than 1 sports team. I have my fair share of championships.

I could give 2 fucks about "your" city. I don't live in San Antonio. I'm a fan of the team.

:lol @ city smack though

ShoogarBear
04-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Dirk isn't going to shoot any more games like he did in Game 1, but he probably won't shoot any more like he did tonight, either. This is going 6 or 7.

ffadicted
04-22-2010, 12:17 AM
lol @ all the asshole spurs fans in this thread when the guy is trying to be civil and have a legit talk (assuming no troll cuz of the vid of course)

BRHornet45
04-22-2010, 12:19 AM

son props to you for calling it like it was! I am truly shocked that a Mavs fan is actually standing up and speaking the truth! again, props to you!

tonight the Mavs weren't awarded 20 more free throws than the Spurs like they were in game 1 and look what happened ... the better team easily won. If Dirk's "hope I get lucky and it goes in" shots aren't falling when it counts, and the refs aren't helping him by putting him at the line, the Mavs are fucked.

DontStopBelieving
04-22-2010, 12:19 AM
I think most people missed the point..

He was actually claiming that the refs WERE in the Mavs favor. He said that had the refs not been trying to keep the game close, it wouldn't even have been as close as it was at the end.

Why people in this thread missed the entire point amazes me..

jack0fspeed
04-22-2010, 12:21 AM
While I don't believe in the law of averages, I do think the mavs were due for a little run. This was a decently officiated game. I didn't even notice that Dirk picked up two quick fouls, but it just wasn't his night. No way the Mavs win when Dirk isn't at least half clicking.

Couldn't agree more. Dirk didn't have it tonight. Against single cover defense he's got to score in the 30s.

The rest of the team knew it too. Other than the late run, the Mavs didn't put up much of a fight in this game. They all knew it wasn't their night ... pretty much from the get go.

Juanobili
04-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Soooo you agree we should be up 2-0?

Unless you think the refs WEREN'T helping out in Game 1 lol

duhoh
04-22-2010, 12:25 AM
what a bunch of dicks.

:tu OP. I thought along similar strands, and saw a few no-calls on when our wingmen slashed to the hole

LoneStarState'sPride
04-22-2010, 12:27 AM
Wow, come on fellow Spurs fans--the OP actually had a good take. Stay classy.

DontStopBelieving
04-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Is it just me? Or does Rick Carlisle look like Jim Carey?

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/24/2008/05/03/175x131/Rick_Carlisle.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oc3LsDJMK2o/SQEwUmjmFVI/AAAAAAAABKE/diCJ610J5Zc/s400/JimCarey.jpg

xellos88330
04-22-2010, 12:30 AM
p8bLsd0r5lw

That's all the proof I need. I don't have time to troll.

Dude looks seriously shell shocked.

Stamm32089
04-22-2010, 12:30 AM
Soooo you agree we should be up 2-0?

Unless you think the refs WEREN'T helping out in Game 1 lol

Game 1 wasn't as terrible, but it has been bad in both games. To be fair, the Mavs were being way more aggressive than the Spurs were in Game 1. They weren't settling for jumpers, the were attacking the rim. Tonight was a different story though.

Stamm32089
04-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Dude looks seriously shell shocked.

I was, and still am, pissed about how the game went tonight. I expected a loss, but at the same time, I didn't expect us to get raped.

ajGambino
04-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Is it just me? Or does Rick Carlisle look like Jim Carey?

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/24/2008/05/03/175x131/Rick_Carlisle.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oc3LsDJMK2o/SQEwUmjmFVI/AAAAAAAABKE/diCJ610J5Zc/s400/JimCarey.jpg

LOL. I've been saying that since he's been in Dallas. I was like, "..is that Jim Carrey?!" :lol

dav4463
04-22-2010, 12:40 AM

I find it hard not to respect you! Thanks for not seeing the world through Mav-colored glasses!

Cry Havoc
04-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Props to Stamm for bringing a good take. Sorry about the haters. We're not used to fans of other teams being sincere here. =\

TC-MAVS
04-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Get off your knees mavs fans. Refs didnt help us get back into that. We finally sank some shots and stepped up the d. But the d wasnt there when it counted. Im all for giving the spurs credit by shooting 50%, but dont sour our comeback by putting it on the refs. What a joke.

Stamm32089
04-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Props to Stamm for bringing a good take. Sorry about the haters. We're not used to fans of other teams being sincere here. =\

I completely understand. I may hate the Spurs with every ounce of my body, mind and soul, but I'm not afraid to admit when my team has an advantage. If we would have won, it's not like I would've complained about being up 2-0, but I would have still acknowledged the fact that the refs gave us the game.

MannyIsGod
04-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Props to Stamm for bringing a good take. Sorry about the haters. We're not used mavfan of other teams being sincere here. =\

FYP

And fuck sincere Mav fan too. Especially ones who bust out city smack

Stamm32089
04-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Get off your knees mavs fans. Refs didnt help us get back into that. We finally sank some shots and stepped up the d. But the d wasnt there when it counted. Im all for giving the spurs credit by shooting 50%, but dont sour our comeback by putting it on the refs. What a joke.

Were you watching the same game I was? Five straight possessions and five straight no calls after hacks. That's when we had that nifty 12-0 run...

WESTACKED
04-22-2010, 12:50 AM
I completely understand. I may hate the Spurs with every ounce of my body, mind and soul, but I'm not afraid to admit when my team has an advantage. If we would have won, it's not like I would've complained about being up 2-0, but I would have still acknowledged the fact that the refs gave us the game.
you ain't a Mav fan, stammerer.

Stamm32089
04-22-2010, 12:51 AM
FYP

And fuck sincere Mav fan too. Especially ones who bust out city smack

Can I ask who your teams are?

Stamm32089
04-22-2010, 12:52 AM
you ain't a Mav fan, stammerer.

Fuck you. I'll be at Game 3 wearing my authentic Dirk jersey and a Cowboys hat. Section 204 Row 14. See you there.

WESTACKED
04-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Fuck you. I'll be at Game 3 wearing my authentic Dirk jersey. Section 204. See you there.
Doubtful about the Dirk Jersey thing. You're going to drive hundreds of miles to SA just to cheer for these soft fucks? cool story bro but I don't have this much money to burn. :lol

LOL Spurs fan acting like a Mav fan

Stamm32089
04-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Doubtful about the Dirk Jersey thing. You're going to drive hundreds of miles to SA just to cheer for these soft fucks? cool story bro but I don't have this much money to burn. :lol

That's what FANS do. Get your shit straight or GTFO.

TVI
04-22-2010, 12:57 AM

Thanks for being a good sport. I'm not really sure why some posters are being so rude to you. FWIW, you're showing a hell of a lot of restraint.

Man, chill out guys...don't bitch about the trolls if you're going to crap on someone who's being cool. This guy's out-classing a bunch of you.

WESTACKED
it doesn't use too much gas to drive to AT&T from your home, does it?

Stamm32089
LOL Spurs fan acting like a Mav fan

I post it again. Check the user name on that video. Goodbye.

p8bLsd0r5lw

ezau
04-22-2010, 12:58 AM

Spurs in six fag
four rings fag

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-22-2010, 01:00 AM

this is wrong, it simply violates the law of mavs "fan" on ST.

Stamm32089
04-22-2010, 01:02 AM
this is wrong, it simply violates the law of mavs "fan" on ST.

Sorry for not being an idiot :depressed

florige
04-22-2010, 01:03 AM

Im thinking Mouse/timvp playing games.

Stamm32089
04-22-2010, 01:05 AM
:wakeup You guys are morons. I'm going back to dallasbasketball.com now. Peace.

vander
04-22-2010, 01:16 AM
I thought, especially for it being @ Dallas, that the calls were going San Antonio's way, especially in the first half.

but then I saw both Terry and Kidd make offensive moves blatantly for the sole purpose of drawing a cheap foul, and I didn't feel so bad anymore, in fact, I decided the Mavs deserved it with players like that on their team.

I mostly respect Nowitzki, and would probably root for him this year in the Spurs' absence, but those 2 Jason's :ihit I hate them each as much as any player in the NBA :ihit

nadie
04-22-2010, 01:35 AM
No, we spurs fans don't think we won the championship after our team beat the mavs. After all, we have already celebrated NBA championships so we know the difference. If my memory serves me right, it was a mavs fan who actually mentioned a Texas championship.

spurs10
04-22-2010, 02:59 AM
No%*$* body here gives a damn @ your other losing their asses-off teams. When has Dallas done anything? 2006,2007,......?????????

spurs10
04-22-2010, 03:07 AM
Where is NubMcNub tonight? His hilarious fake bravado is sorely missed. He is very funny on any level!!!

spurs10
04-22-2010, 03:11 AM
Nub? Kinda of got your ass handed to you eh? FY.....

gilmor
04-22-2010, 03:28 AM

Man I love this quote.. :downspin: