PDA

View Full Version : Nash's MVP gives me possible prediction of the year.

Jimcs50
05-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Prediction of the year candidate?

Looks like I was right about the MVP. Way back in November, when the season was not even 1/6 completed, before anyone else in the whole sports world even mentioned Nash for MVP, I stated that he was the leading candidate for this year's MVP.

Ok Solid D, you can post the kluby self back patter again.....nobody else ever notices all these wonderful astonishing prognostications that I make on a routine basis, so once again, I have to point it out to the masses myself.

:)

Check it out:

11-28-2004, 08:51 AM #1
Jimcs50
Nostradamas Jr.

Position: Dominant Center
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $800
Nash is MVP so far this year?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The WC MVP so far this year is not Kobe, not TD, not KG, but IMO is Steve Nash of the Suns. Last year the Suns were horrible and since they picked up Nash, they have taken off and have become one of the favorites to win the WC this year.

Look what Nash has done for Amare Stodemire and Shawn Marion this year. Amare who has been a good player who always seemed to fall short of his potential the last couple of years is playing his best bball ever, and all you Stoudemire haters even have to admit that he has arrived and is one of the top players in the league. Marion is having his best year as well. It is no coincidence that Nash arrived just before these two players have their breakout seasons. Nash makes every player better, if you can not hit a shot that Nash creates for you, you just plain can not hit shots. Nash is averaging over 11 assists and still is scoring over 15 pts on 56% shooting, with only a little over 3 TOs/game in a style of play where he is handling the ball 90% of the time and with the team running at every opportunity and having over 80 shots/game.

If Phoenix wins the Pacific by the margin I think they will, and Nash continues on this pace, it would be an injustice if Nash did not get huge consideration for the MVP.

NAME GP GS MIN PTS OFF DEF TOT AST STL BLK TO A/TO PF TECH
A. Stoudemire 13 13 36.5 26.0 3.3 5.8 9.1 1.0 0.85 2.00 2.3 0.43 3.1 0.3
S. Marion 13 13 39.4 20.3 3.2 9.1 12.3 2.2 1.62 2.00 1.2 1.81 2.5 0.0
S. Nash 13 13 34.2 15.7 0.4 2.7 3.1 11.2 1.15 0.00 3.5 3.24 2.4 0.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Jimcs50 : 11-28-2004 at 09:01 AM.
Offline | Online

Jimcs50
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Jimcs50
Find More Posts by Jimcs50
Add Jimcs50 to Your Buddy List

:smokin

Leetonidas
05-06-2005, 09:37 PM
I told everyone at school that Nash would get it, but they were going for Nowitzki or T-Mac, or KG, or Shaq, etc.

SpursFanDan
05-06-2005, 09:53 PM
You are now closer than ever to giving yourself head.

Jimcs50
05-06-2005, 09:54 PM
You are now closer than ever to giving yourself head.

All those years trying has paid off, huh?

SpursFanDan
05-06-2005, 09:56 PM
finally.. I guess you wont have to keep hitting on all the ladies here now.

Jimcs50
05-06-2005, 09:59 PM
finally.. I guess you wont have to keep hitting on all the ladies here now.

Never!!!

whottt
05-06-2005, 10:08 PM
MVP TD

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5305

Tom_Foolery
05-06-2005, 10:15 PM
I said whoever got #1 seed was going to get the MVP.

Because Duncan got injured, Suns got the 1st seed, thus Nash gets the joke MVP award.

A guard was due for an MVP, but Wade should've gotten the MVP before Nash.

MVP has lost integrity.

SuBZer0
05-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Hate to break it to you Jim, but around November, when the Suns were racking up all of those wins, you definitely weren't the only or first one to predict Nash for MVP. Many of us believed that if he kept healthy, and with the rate that they were going and how obvious it was that Nash was the oil that ran the machine, he was a strong candidate. You also have a lot of general comments that allow you to place an asterisk if he didn't win, and a lot of provisions for him to win...

"Nash is MVP so far this year" Well yea...they only got off to a blazing start with Nash playing out of this world

"If Phoenix wins the Pacific by the margin I think they will, and Nash continues on this pace, it would be an injustice if Nash did not get huge consideration for the MVP"
- Um, that's quite a bit of provisions there. If they win Pacific, if he continues the pace (which, as I said, was amazing)...

I'm sorry Jim but you really didn't go outright and expose yourself and say that Nash will win the MVP whatever happens. You presented it in a way that yuo couldn't be wrong, and that is really not an exceptional prediction. You actually are like Nostradamas - with predictions so vague that they will happen in some way or another

Gerryatrics
05-07-2005, 12:14 AM
So what? You think you were the only person to predict Nash as MVP? I've been saying Nash is MVP all season. Okafor as Rookie of the Year and Gordon as Sixth Man too. Glad you made the right choice, but does it really need a self-back slapping thread?

Jimcs50
05-07-2005, 12:26 AM
So what? You think you were the only person to predict Nash as MVP? I've been saying Nash is MVP all season. Okafor as Rookie of the Year and Gordon as Sixth Man too. Glad you made the right choice, but does it really need a self-back slapping thread?

At the time, there was not one National scribe or anyone in here that even mentioned Nash for MVP consideration. The season was 13 games old, countem, 13 games. So yes, I was the only person in here. Hell even after half the season, most people had Stoudemire as the MVP on Phoenix, and the other half had Shaq, James or TD or someone else.

I am talking about November 28th....not Jan, not Feb, but 5 and 1/2 months agao, for God's sake.

Just as I thought, nobody ever gives props when props are due in here if it has to do with anything NON Spurs related. :rolleyes

Jimcs50
05-07-2005, 12:30 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5305

I am Spurs homer...I always pick TD for MVP in preseason, but after the season gets going, I can see if he has a chance to win it and this year, I knew he had no shot, just as last year, I knew KG had it won.

TD needs to play all season, his team needs to be #1 seed and he has to lead league in double doubles to win it.

But as I said many times, the Finals MVP>>>>>>>>>Reg Season MVP.

Just ask Dream, Shaq and TD about that.

manustarting2gd
05-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Jim your asking for props from us but yet your the one sucking your own cack. Why do it when your already tooting your own "van horn"? Do you need another Spur under your avatar or something? Maybe Kori and LJ can create a JIMCS forum where posters come to you for advice and you tell them the future?! Nah, just kidding.

Man, seriously..good call with that but let someone else notice bro, or you get thought of as a showoff bigmouth padding his own ego... if thats what your going for, by all means. Your the shiznite!

ShoogarBear
05-07-2005, 05:27 AM
"Nash is MVP" = "bar has been lowered"

cd36#2
05-07-2005, 05:57 AM
nash deserved the mvp more than any one else, earlier in the year he was out for 5 games and the suns went 0-5, i think that proves he is the mvp. the mvp isnt for the best player but the player who is most valuable to their team

MaNuMaNiAc
05-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Jim you're so full of shit. Nash has been leading the MVP race since damn near the beginning of the season. You were definately not the first one to predict it, so stop trying to con people into thinking you were

red kryptonite
05-07-2005, 11:31 PM
At the time, there was not one National scribe or anyone in here that even mentioned Nash for MVP consideration. The season was 13 games old, countem, 13 games. So yes, I was the only person in here. Hell even after half the season, most people had Stoudemire as the MVP on Phoenix, and the other half had Shaq, James or TD or someone else.

I am talking about November 28th....not Jan, not Feb, but 5 and 1/2 months agao, for God's sake.

Just as I thought, nobody ever gives props when props are due in here if it has to do with anything NON Spurs related. :rolleyes

Congratulations on your correct guess 1/6th of the way through. :rolleyes

Jimcs50
05-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Congratulations on your correct guess 1/6th of the way through. :rolleyes

Thanks, it is so nice of you Red to bury the hatchet and admit that you are in the presence of greatness afterall.

Jimcs50
05-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Jim you're so full of shit. Nash has been leading the MVP race since damn near the beginning of the season. You were definately not the first one to predict it, so stop trying to con people into thinking you were

Who is full of shit now??? Maybe in Bizarro world he was.

:rolleyes

Jimcs50
05-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Jim your asking for props from us but yet your the one sucking your own cack. Why do it when your already tooting your own "van horn"? Do you need another Spur under your avatar or something? Maybe Kori and LJ can create a JIMCS forum where posters come to you for advice and you tell them the future?! Nah, just kidding.

Man, seriously..good call with that but let someone else notice bro, or you get thought of as a showoff bigmouth padding his own ego... if thats what your going for, by all means. Your the shiznite!

What is a cack? Sounds disgusting.

If I do not toot my horn, nobody else will, hence I toot.

:depressed

Mr Dio
05-08-2005, 12:42 PM
You are now closer than ever to giving yourself head

Ron Jeremy can do it.

Vashner
05-08-2005, 05:11 PM
BOO Nash .... lame.

danyel
05-08-2005, 05:46 PM
self love forum

dcole50
05-08-2005, 06:30 PM
i would have voted shaq for mvp, but i'm happy for nash.

i'm happy for jim too, even though plenty of others picked nash for mvp at or around the same time. ;)

rascal
05-08-2005, 06:47 PM

I do agree with you here. But you did pick Duncan as your mvp pick early on and only mentioned Nash has a chance at mvp after phoenix's fast start. Nothing really note worthy in that. You have done well in other predictions but nothing special here.