PDA

View Full Version : Best Defensive Performance of the Year

ohmwrecker
04-22-2010, 01:20 AM
88 pts on 36.5%. George Hill made a huge difference on D tonight. The rotations were quick and doubles were perfectly timed. McDyess is playing as good as we had hoped. RJ was great. The Big Three were as good as advertised. This team is finally looking like the one that looked so good on paper before the season began.

tdunk21
04-22-2010, 01:22 AM
88 pts on 36.5%. George Hill made a huge difference on D tonight. The rotations were quick and doubles were perfectly timed. McDyess is playing as good as we had hoped. RJ was great. The Big Three were as good as advertised. This team is finally looking like the one that looked so good on paper before the season began.

x1000000000

silverblk mystix
04-22-2010, 01:23 AM
buu--but---great defense---withOUT the centerpiece????

wtf???

NewJerSpur
04-22-2010, 01:25 AM
We're running Dallas off the line like they did to us last year.

LakerHater
04-22-2010, 02:05 AM

I jus wis he hadn't disappeared in the 2nd half!

Mavs101
04-22-2010, 05:19 AM
The Mavs were even missing WIDE OPEN jumpers and threes, meanwhile Bonner knocks down 3 of 4 threes. LOL Mavs better get up early today and do some film study. They looked like the dogs this time around.

Halberto
04-22-2010, 06:09 AM
Yeah the defense looked great, but we also go lucky. There were plenty of open looks out there that didn't go in.

boutons_deux
04-22-2010, 09:08 AM
The best was how the Spurs withstood the Mavs charge up to -1, the "fans goin' wild", and then the Spurs pulled away again in the 4th, and ON THE ROAD.

That's a sign of full-team championship toughness we've almost not at all this season.

coyotes_geek
04-22-2010, 09:14 AM
I jus wis he hadn't disappeared in the 2nd half!

While I don't think RJ played with the same fire in the 2nd half that he had in the 1st, part of that has to be attributed to Duncan and Ginobili getting going.

elbamba
04-22-2010, 09:17 AM
While I don't think RJ played with the same fire in the 2nd half that he had in the 1st, part of that has to be attributed to Duncan and Ginobili getting going.

Agreed. Duncan had 8 in the first half and he clearly showed, when we could not get a bucket to close the third, that he can pretty much do whatever he wants to the Dallas front court.

Manu I think only had 11 in the first half and when Manu goes for 20+ the Spurs usually are in a pretty good position to win.

Dex
04-22-2010, 09:24 AM

:tu

Rotations last night were crisper than I'd seen them all season. The Mavs helped by missing a few shots, but I can only remember two or three instances where shooters were left wide open on defensive breakdowns.

z0sa
04-22-2010, 09:24 AM
One of our best defensive performances and Bogans doesn't play 1 second.

Bender
04-22-2010, 09:32 AM
where's the Post Game Quotes come from? I usually read them here at ST.

I don't know where they are to look for them myself... :depressed

Dex
04-22-2010, 09:46 AM
where's the Post Game Quotes come from? I usually read them here at ST.

I don't know where they are to look for them myself... :depressed

Not sure about the quotes, but here's the video:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/100421_pop.html

Bender
04-22-2010, 09:47 AM
thanks, but no sound here at work...

Dex
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
thanks, but no sound here at work...

Should've known 228 would have it covered.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4265629#post4265629

Bender
04-22-2010, 09:53 AM
dang, my bad. can't believe they're halfway down Page 2 already.

Dex
04-22-2010, 09:54 AM
dang, my bad. can't believe they're halfway down Page 2 already.

:lol Last night was like the anti-meltdown.

elec99
04-22-2010, 10:00 AM
I like our D but let's be honest about the next game, dirk is gonna hit more of his shots. When he's not doing well it's tough for the mavs to win, but I don't think he's gonna have two bad games in a row.
So I guess they're calling it the "creep" D, letting dirk see a few guys creep towards him as he backs someone down, but never really doubling that much. It worked yesterday, but he'll be ready for it Friday. Pop may have to be ready to tweak it a bit more.

We need to make our freakin free throws. Imagine the extra cushion we would have when they make their pushes.

Also need a few more points from the bench. 6 points from blair would be nice, and a more confident hill. I know it's his first POs, but as long as he keeps driving and gets fouled (and hopefully is better than 50% from the line), he's scoring and slowing down the game, good for us.

OrEmuN
04-22-2010, 10:01 AM
One of our best defensive performances and Bogans doesn't play 1 second.

Bogans is the Centrepiece in befuddling the opponent. Make them think he is going to guard their best player and suddenly bench him and use Hill instead.

I just hope Bogans will stay glued to the bench frm now on

z0sa
04-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Bogans is the Centrepiece in befuddling the opponent. Make them think he is going to guard their best player and suddenly bench him and use Hill instead.

I just hope Bogans will stay glued to the bench frm now on

Bogans could be semi-useful if we advance past the Mavericks. It's just extremely nice seeing Pop play the matchups for what they are instead of counterpunching before the game even begins. :tu