PDA

View Full Version : Jerome James: Duncan is a WIMP?

milkyway21
05-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Allen vs. Bruce

now, it's James vs. Duncan?

:wtf

http://www.sportsline.com/general/story/8450314

Jerome James says Spurs star Tim Duncan's antics draw favorable calls
The News Tribune Tacoma, WA
May 6, 2005

The second time the Seattle SuperSonics and San Antonio Spurs played this season, the Sonics had the game in hand as the fourth quarter wound down.

With a little less than three minutes left, Spurs star forward Tim Duncan fell. As he lay on the court, Sonics center Jerome James stood over him and used two choice words to suggest Duncan was a wimp.

..WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE SONICS PLAYERS?
THEY ARE NOT PLAYING BALL, THEY ARE ACTING LIKE HOLLYWOOD :blah:blah:blah

Experiment2100
05-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Allen vs. Bruce

now, it's James vs. Duncan?

:wtf

It's not anyone vs. anyone. It's Sonics players talking shit and wanting our upstanding Spurs to extend to that level, which they won't. The Spurs let their playing do all the talking they need to.

samikeyp
05-06-2005, 09:50 PM
They are trying to get the ref's attention. I guess they think their game is weak. Either that or they are trying to get spots on their WNBA team. Why else would they be bitching like this?

Experiment2100
05-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Why else would they be bitching like this?

Cause they're bitches???

milkyway21
05-06-2005, 10:15 PM
on their WNBA team.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Jerome James have forgotten they actually have the "greatest flopper" of the yr. in Fortson.
ShaQ would agree with me :lol

Ginofan
05-06-2005, 10:16 PM
All they are doing is giving the Spurs bulletinboard material. Screw the Sonics!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-06-2005, 10:16 PM
All this whining is really making me reassess my thoughts on Nate McMillian. I thought he did a good job this year, but he's right up there with Karl right now on my list of chump ass coaches.

How can you let your players go off like this about officiating, unless you don't feel like your team can win without some charity>

E20
05-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Sonics suck!

dbreiden83080
05-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Sonics are going to say anything right now to try and prevent the officials from letting this series be physical. They can not handle a team that plays physical D. Look at their best player Allen is all finesse which is why he is always bitching about Bowens D if anyone plays him physical he can not handle it and he plays like shit the more they talk the more i am convinced they know they can not beat the Spurs on their own they need help from the refs and even that will not be enough.

mattyc
05-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Someone please put a garbage bag over his head.

cd36
05-06-2005, 11:28 PM
i agree with jerome james

milkyway21
05-06-2005, 11:32 PM
seriously, do you really believe Duncan gets "superstar" calls?

EasilyAmused
05-06-2005, 11:35 PM
So much drama! This is better than my soaps! :lol

cd36
05-06-2005, 11:39 PM
yes i do, after every call he gives the refs that dumb look and they get intimidated

Solid D
05-06-2005, 11:42 PM
All the worse when Jerome sits in his fishing boat in a couple of weeks muttering repeatedly under his breath..."we got beat down by a bunch of wimps"..."we got beat down..."

T Park
05-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Fuck it.

These sons of bitches are talking waayyyyyy too much shit for a team falling into a division, and lucking into a shit ass team in the first round.

Thats cool. Spurs will do their talkin on the court.

Bring it Spurs, no opponent better to sweep, than these cocky assholes.

Man In Black
05-07-2005, 12:06 AM
James: Duncan ‘always complaining’

FRANK HUGHES; The News Tribune
Last updated: May 6th, 2005 02:40 AM (PDT)

The second time the Seattle SuperSonics and San Antonio Spurs played this season, the Sonics had the game in hand as the fourth quarter wound down.
With a little less than three minutes left, Spurs star forward Tim Duncan fell. As he lay on the court, Sonics center Jerome James stood over him and used two choice words to suggest Duncan was a wimp.

Duncan finished with 39 points, 10 rebounds and four blocked shots, but James said he was upset with Duncan over another aspect of the game.

“I feel like Tim is a superstar player,” James said. “I take nothing away from him. He is one of the greatest (power forwards) in the game. And I feel like he gets a lot of calls. Some of the calls he gets, I am sorry, you are going to get calls anyway, you don’t have to ask for it.

“All game long he talks to the referees, he tells them I am doing things that I am not doing. And I got upset. That’s all that was. I got upset at him.”

James said because Duncan is so understated, it does not look like anything out of the ordinary to the average fan.

“They can’t tell because he is grabbing the referee, he is touching his shoulder, he is talking in a calm fashion,” James said. “But he is always complaining about what I am doing, about what Reggie (Evans) is doing, about what Danny (Fortson) is doing. Sooner or later, (the officials) are going to start looking for it even if it’s not there.”

Man In Black
05-07-2005, 12:08 AM
Didn't you scrubs learn anything from Denver?

Get your business done on the court. If you're due for some W's, then you'll find a way to win, even if the refs aren't going your way. That is what all good teams do.

milkyway21
05-07-2005, 12:09 AM
yes i do, after every call he gives the refs that dumb look and they get intimidated..:wow. Really!!!! :lol

you did not watch game 4 of the Spurs vs. Thuggets game. How about that 6th foul on Duncan, huh? Check that out and tell me if there was foul commited on Duncan on that one...Anthony SLIPPED, repeat SLIPPED, and Duncan being in the wrong place at the wrong time, the nearest Spur called for that foul...i didn't see Duncan complained to the refs.he just gathered his teammates for a huddle.

good for that ref bec. we won. :rolleyes if not, maybe another $100G is possible:lol

as for me, Jerome James is GARBAGE!
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/WAKA123050402_lower.jpg
Seattle SuperSonics Jerome James wears a plastic garbage bag as a cape as he celebrates the Sonics 122-118 win over the Sacramento Kings Tuesday, May 3, 2005, in Game 5 of the first round Western Conference playoff at KeyArena in Seattle. The win will allow the Sonics to advance to the next round of the playoffs. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)

See? :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-07-2005, 12:33 AM
Sonics are going to say anything right now to try and prevent the officials from letting this series be physical. They can not handle a team that plays physical D.

The Sonics NEED this series to be physical. If their thug front line can't beat up Duncan, they have zero chance.

Stupid ass thing to say from a stupid ass chump ball player.

cd36, every superstar in the league gets calls. You've about worn out your welcome, go find some other board to troll and karl on.

T Park
05-07-2005, 12:59 AM
If duncan takes Jerome James low, and scores on him very early.

This series is over.

Cause itll prove already that he will do what he wants, when he wants.

If they wanna get really tough??

A front line of Mohammed and Massenburg will fix that.

milkyway21
05-07-2005, 01:14 AM
A front line of Mohammed and Massenburg will fix that...and

HORRY AGAINST LEWIS.:rolleyes

GSH
05-07-2005, 01:38 AM
7'1"
5 seasons
268 games
15.2 minutes per game
4.9 points per game
3.5 rebounds

He's completely insignificant. Nobody would print a word he said if he wasn't fortunate enough to ride his teammates into the playoffs. Being on the same court with Duncan in the playoffs makes him semi-famous. He's just trying to convince someone that he belongs there. More specifically, he's going into a contract year. He's trying to convince the other teams that he belongs there. He's got to talk, because there damn sure hasn't been anything convincing about his game.

Oh, and he is averaging 3.5 fouls per game this year. That's an average of 3.5 fouls, every game, in only 16.6 minutes per game. Now I'll admit that's not as good as Danny Fortson, who averages 4.3 fouls per game in just 16.9 minutes - but it's still pretty damned impressive. I mean, committing as many fouls as Kenyon Martin or Shaquille Oneal in just half the minutes is tough to do.

According to Jerome, Duncan constantly complains to the officials about things that he (James) is not doing, and the refs start calling fouls against him for no reason. Now I know the Sonics didn't play the Spurs 82 times this year. Maybe all the complaining that Duncan has done has given him a bad reputation? I bet that's it.

milkyway21
05-07-2005, 02:07 AM
The Spurs' Tim Duncan will be a difference maker in the second-round series.
Garrett Ellwood/NBAE via Getty Images

The Spurs are good defensively and well-coached. With Tim Duncan to protect the rim and Bruce Bowen to hound Sonics star Ray Allen, San Antonio will make it tough for high-octane Seattle. Unlike the Kings, the Spurs won't let Jerome James do his Shaq impersonation in this series. Rasho Nesterovic and Nazr Mohammed will join Duncan in keeping James in check, and all three big men will do a better job keeping the Sonics from hooking up an IV to the offensive boards and making it their lifeline as they've done to NBA foes all season.

The Spurs are the rare team that can match up with Sonics forwards Rashard Lewis and Vladimir Radmanovic. Brent Barry knows Lewis well from his days in Seattle while Robert Horry has the length and experience to counter Radmanovic.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/marty_burns/05/06/spurs.sonics/index.html

:lol James:ShaQ's impersonator ?..

including the trash talks :blah:blah:blah

Gerryatrics
05-07-2005, 02:36 AM
Jerome James have forgotten they actually have the "greatest flopper" of the yr. in Fortson.
ShaQ would agree with me :lol

How is Danny Fortson the greatest flopper of the year? He's not even the biggest flopper on his team.

Super SONIC
05-07-2005, 02:45 AM
It's not anyone vs. anyone. It's Sonics players talking shit and wanting our upstanding Spurs to extend to that level, which they won't. The Spurs let their playing do all the talking they need to.

Yea, the oh so wonderful upstanding Spurs that have oh so many NBA titles naging in that wonderful, beautiful SBC center.
:rolleyes

milkyway21
05-07-2005, 03:03 AM
How is Danny Fortson the greatest flopper of the year? He's not even the biggest flopper on his team.

..easy! easy!

here read this...

http://www.thehoopsblog.com/archives/200501/fortson-who-wouldnt-flop-against-shaq.html

FORTSON:WHO WOULDN'T FLOP AGAINST SHAQ?

Well it seems the next big feud is between Shaq and Danny Fortson after the Lakers lost 98-96 to the Supersonics the other night. The mini fued was caused by a play late in the game when Fortson drew a charging call on O'Neal by flopping, sending O'Neal to the bench for the rest of the quarter. After the game Shaq had some harsh words for Fortson

"Bill Russell and Bill Walton would be ashamed to watch this game, big men flopping around like that," O'Neal said after the game.

Yeah Shaq has a point that players shouldn't be purposely flopping to draw fouls but what can you do if the refs don't call it. Plus Shaq is a big guy (much bigger than Fortson) so it would have to be a tough call on the refs because of his sheer size. If you have ever watched Shaq play you know that he basically overpowers every opponent he plays against and in my opinion he gets away with a lot of offensive fouls because he is a star. What it comes down to is that Shaq is a little bitter because of the way they lost and that's the only reason he said something. I'm positive this isn't the first time a player has tried to flop against Shaq. This just happens to be one of the few times they called Shaq for the foul and not the other guy.

...you think your Danny Fortson was lying? :rolleyes

Gerryatrics
05-07-2005, 03:14 AM
No I don't think Danny Fortson was lying, especially since he didn't say anything. Fortson may have flopped (I don't remember exactly what happened or if I thought it was a good call), but he's hardly the only player in the NBA to draw a foul by flopping.

milkyway21
05-07-2005, 03:29 AM
No I don't think Danny Fortson was lying, especially since he didn't say anything. Fortson may have flopped (I don't remember exactly what happened or if I thought it was a good call), but he's hardly the only player in the NBA to draw a foul by flopping....i was surprised you missed that. it was actually over ESPN/Fox the next day.

Anyway, i agree with you regarding floppings. I think though some players purposely do the flops to prevent themselves from getting injured...i saw once Manu do that, too. But NOT actually for the purpose of getting free trips to the free throw line, turnover, or whatever.

BTW, Fortson, said "Who wouldn't Flop against Shaq" sounded to me was an admission.

Gerryatrics
05-07-2005, 03:59 AM
Well, I remember Shaq whining to the press after the game, I just don't remember exactly how the actual play unfolded. Sometimes players flop to try to draw a foul, usually when there's a size disadvantage, and sometimes players flop because the opposing player hit them and they want to make sure the refs noticed the contact. Out of the two I would think Fortson probably flopped because of contact.

As for players flopping to avoid injury, that's not really flopping as much as falling down. I've done that before, used the momentum from a hit to slide on the floor instead of taking it all to my ribcage or hitting the floor awkwardly and maybe banging up something important. It's something you learn to do after playing a few really physical games. It's like skateboarding, one of the first things you learn is how to fall properly, so you don't injure yourself if you get knocked down.

TurnNiggazDreams2Flames
05-07-2005, 04:48 AM
i agree with jerome james
yo bitch....how old are u? 14? Why dont u go get on the ferris wheel or something...?

Tom_Foolery
05-07-2005, 05:01 AM
Jerome James is in SOOO much trouble. Tim is not the guy you want to get upset or anger.

Dingle Barry
05-07-2005, 05:31 AM
we dont have any that nag, i dont think. We do have two of them hanging up there. How many do you have?

rwb
05-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Holy crap, what is it with all these whiners? I mean, the series hasn't even started and they're already making excuses for when they lose. Then if the Spurs end up playing Dallas we're going to have to stomach Mark Cuban and network TV's need to show his reaction to every play. THEN if we play Miami we have to cope with Shaq. Everyone outside San Antonio complains about the Spurs being boring. Heck, I'm happy to take that over dealing with a bunch of crybabies.

Solid D
05-07-2005, 08:02 AM
..easy! easy!

here read this...

http://www.thehoopsblog.com/archives/200501/fortson-who-wouldnt-flop-against-shaq.html

FORTSON:WHO WOULDN'T FLOP AGAINST SHAQ?

Well it seems the next big feud is between Shaq and Danny Fortson after the Lakers lost 98-96 to the Supersonics the other night. The mini fued was caused by a play late in the game when Fortson drew a charging call on O'Neal by flopping, sending O'Neal to the bench for the rest of the quarter. After the game Shaq had some harsh words for Fortson

"Bill Russell and Bill Walton would be ashamed to watch this game, big men flopping around like that," O'Neal said after the game.

Yeah Shaq has a point that players shouldn't be purposely flopping to draw fouls but what can you do if the refs don't call it. Plus Shaq is a big guy (much bigger than Fortson) so it would have to be a tough call on the refs because of his sheer size. If you have ever watched Shaq play you know that he basically overpowers every opponent he plays against and in my opinion he gets away with a lot of offensive fouls because he is a star. What it comes down to is that Shaq is a little bitter because of the way they lost and that's the only reason he said something. I'm positive this isn't the first time a player has tried to flop against Shaq. This just happens to be one of the few times they called Shaq for the foul and not the other guy.

...you think your Danny Fortson was lying? :rolleyes

How is it that Shaq was with the Lakers vs. Fortson of the Sonics? Fortson has only been with the Sonics this season (2004-05). Shaq has only been with the Heat this season (2004-05), not the Lakers.

A curious error perhaps or am I missing something here?

Solid D
05-07-2005, 08:08 AM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6805797/

Here is the link to an article at msnbc that shows the quote came after the Heat played the Sonics. That makes more sense.

boutons
05-07-2005, 08:08 AM
I think it was last season, I've seen Shaq flop.
The TV commentators burst out laughing.

350-pound flopper = oxymoron

Seeing it ain't believing it. Simply not credible. Shaq the clown. :)

Solid D
05-07-2005, 08:19 AM
boutons, I just posted the link to the article from this season prior to the Sonics knocking off the Heat for the second time in a week. It was this season.

The Sonics were still playing at a very high level back then. It could happen against the Spurs too if the Spurs don't defend well.

SpursWoman
05-07-2005, 09:22 AM
So what were the 2 words? "Big Pussy"? :wtf :lol

boutons
05-07-2005, 09:27 AM
"if the Spurs don't defend well."

Well, duh, "if the Spurs don't defend well", the Spurs go fishin.
No good defense, no Spurs.

The Sonics have an inferior Round1 stat line, offensively, than the Spurs, and against the weaker, no-defense Kings.

So far,
(playoff Sonics) << (season Sonics)

FromWayDowntown
05-07-2005, 09:28 AM
So Jerome James gets bent out of shape about Tim Duncan talking to officials, but he's totally down with Ray Allen doing it? If Ray's on the floor and the ball is stopped, he makes a bee-line for the nearest official to bitch about something.

The Sonics complaints are really odd. James wants this series to be physical, but Allen doesn't. James complains about Tim talking to officials, but is cool with Ray Ray doing it. For a team that hasn't played a game yet, they are spending an inordinate amount of time worrying about things that they can't change.

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2005, 10:45 AM
jerome talks like they got this series in the bag, td is goin to bring his mvp game and take these whiners back to school

duncan2k5
05-07-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm making space on my wall for a new tim Duncan poster. because you KNOW when timmy gets mad he makes another poster. and it seems like jerome james will be featured...

Solid D
05-07-2005, 11:26 AM
"if the Spurs don't defend well."

Well, duh, "if the Spurs don't defend well", the Spurs go fishin.
No good defense, no Spurs.

The Sonics have an inferior Round1 stat line, offensively, than the Spurs, and against the weaker, no-defense Kings.

So far,
(playoff Sonics) << (season Sonics)

The Spurs haven't defended the perimeter very well this season, particularly from behind the 3-point line, boutons. That's a problem. The Nuggets couldn't shoot beyond 20 feet. The Sonics thrive out there.

boutons
05-07-2005, 11:28 AM
yes, I know, one of the worst opp 3G %ages, an anomaly in the Spurs defensive stats, so it's good to see that Sonics weren't exactly hot from the 3 vs Kings, other than Ray.

Solid D
05-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Picture this offensive play: The Spurs get back on defense to meet the Sonics spreading out at the FT line and extended (normal first position). Ridenaur dribbles to the left wing, turns and hands off to Allen fresh off a v-cut and boom. Allen has just risen up behind Luke, early offense, for the 21 foot jumper before Bowen can close.

A simple dribble hand-off and it's up and away. That's what they do.

GrandeDavid
05-07-2005, 11:35 AM
They are trying to get the ref's attention. I guess they think their game is weak. Either that or they are trying to get spots on their WNBA team. Why else would they be bitching like this?

:lol That was hilarious, Mike!

CHAMPS AGAIN
Just wait after every SPURS WIN all we are going to hear are the sonics crying,crying,crying about not getting any calls and the SPURS getting away with fouls

dcole50
haha. let him talk. he sure as hell can't back it up.

GrandeDavid
05-07-2005, 11:38 AM
All this whining is really making me reassess my thoughts on Nate McMillian. I thought he did a good job this year, but he's right up there with Karl right now on my list of chump ass coaches.

How can you let your players go off like this about officiating, unless you don't feel like your team can win without some charity>

Ag, I'm agreeing with you here. They haven't even played one f-ing game yet, but here the Sonics come with cheezy bulletin board smack. They are going to to get their asses kicked in this series. They obviously know so, otherwise they wouldn't be going there. Duncan is going to tear James up in Game 1.

Super SONIC
05-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Ag, I'm agreeing with you here. They haven't even played one f-ing game yet, but here the Sonics come with cheezy bulletin board smack. They are going to to get their asses kicked in this series. They obviously know so, otherwise they wouldn't be going there. Duncan is going to tear James up in Game 1.

right :rolleyes

FromWayDowntown
05-07-2005, 01:21 PM

incisive.

duncan2k5
05-07-2005, 01:26 PM
so after a weak kings defense you suddenly think jerome james is Wilt? he will pick up a foul every posession he guards timmy as usual. jerome james is soft. we will get dunked on ben wallace style. believe me

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Y'all take it easy on Super SONIC. That was a big word for him. :lol

Solid D
05-07-2005, 04:38 PM
El Fenix for Dinner.

SpursWoman
05-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Miami for dessert. :)

mookie2001
05-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Fuck it.

These sons of bitches are talking waayyyyyy too much shit for a team falling into a division, and lucking into a shit ass team in the first round.

Thats cool. Spurs will do their talkin on the court.

Bring it Spurs, no opponent better to sweep, than these cocky assholes.

well said. you cant play pussy-ass mind games with the Spurs of San Antonio, but you can try, and you can look like twathouses

TDfan2007
05-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Prediction: Tim scores 30+ points or the Sonics double him

Either way, we win.

Everyone knows that getting Tim angry is not the smartest thing in the world to do. Because he dunks on you and embarasses you. Jerome James is in for a long series.

T Park
05-07-2005, 05:29 PM
getting Tim angry

"I dont get angry" - Tim Duncan

mookie2001
05-07-2005, 05:34 PM
"I even have Time Warner digital phone"- Manu Ginobili

smeagol
05-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Yea, the oh so wonderful upstanding Spurs that have oh so many NBA titles naging in that wonderful, beautiful SBC center

Why don't you share some basket ball thoughts instead of wasting our time with this kind of shallow troll-like posts?

Denver fans were doing the same thing a week ago and it was pathetic.

It would be nice if we didn't have to go through that again. But your first couple of posts don't give me much hope.

Horry For 3!
05-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Sonics can talk all the shit they want but we all know they were get put to rest on the basketball court.

milkyway21
05-09-2005, 07:56 PM
How is it that Shaq was with the Lakers vs. Fortson of the Sonics? Fortson has only been with the Sonics this season (2004-05). Shaq has only been with the Heat this season (2004-05), not the Lakers.

A curious error perhaps or am I missing something here?..i also noted that. if you check the date it was posted, it was Jan 5, 2005. So,i think the error here was the "Lakers". It's shld be Shaq's Miami NOT the Lakers....