PDA

View Full Version : Charley Rosen recap Spurs-Mavs game 2

Pentagruel
04-22-2010, 02:10 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Richard-Jefferson-escapes-Spurs-coach-Gregg-Popovich-doghouse

Mavs101
04-22-2010, 05:17 AM
Man was that accurate. No interior defense as Manu could have mailed the shot a week ago and Dallas would have been surprised when the mailman showed up. WTF? At least the Mavs should make any game at least exciting.

YoMamaIsCallin
04-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Yes very nice rundown and it's good to have someone write at a level for people who have played the game and understand the language.

One thing I would have added was, besides Dallas' lack of interior defense, how much their peripheral defense sucks. Terry provides lots of offense, but he is a sieve defensively. Kidd is solid but his lack of quickness is telling.

And they don't seem to get help defense. On Manu's dagger 3, Kidd got screened and no one stepped up to help. I sat there watching that play and as soon as the screen happened I thought "No way they are not hedging that." I also flashed back to Horry's famous three pointer against Detroit when Sheed left him alone. As Manu took the three I screamed "Dagger!" at the TV, knowing it was hitting nothing but net. Then they had a great close up of Manu's reaction. He wasn't screaming or jumping up and down, he was just looking like a warrior. I'm sure he was thinking, "I can't believe they let me take that."

senorglory
04-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Rosen says Hill "played scared" in Game 1. Is this the consensus, now?

lefty
04-22-2010, 10:46 AM
In the game at hand, RJ played like his pants were on fire.

:lmao

SpurOutofTownFan
04-22-2010, 12:33 PM
"The Mavs seemed to be stunned when faced with the realization that the Spurs didn’t roll over and go belly-up. "

admiralsnackbar
04-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Saying TP took no bad shots was a bit of an overstatement (I can think of at least two contested shots he took outside of his comfort zones when he had options behind him... but whatevs. I'm splitting hairs), but overall, this is the best and most even-handed account of last night's game I've read.

rjv
04-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Yes very nice rundown and it's good to have someone write at a level for people who have played the game and understand the language.

One thing I would have added was, besides Dallas' lack of interior defense, how much their peripheral defense sucks. Terry provides lots of offense, but he is a sieve defensively. Kidd is solid but his lack of quickness is telling.

And they don't seem to get help defense. On Manu's dagger 3, Kidd got screened and no one stepped up to help. I sat there watching that play and as soon as the screen happened I thought "No way they are not hedging that." I also flashed back to Horry's famous three pointer against Detroit when Sheed left him alone. As Manu took the three I screamed "Dagger!" at the TV, knowing it was hitting nothing but net. Then they had a great close up of Manu's reaction. He wasn't screaming or jumping up and down, he was just looking like a warrior. I'm sure he was thinking, "I can't believe they let me take that."

you mean he didn't turn around and stare at the mav's bench? or spread his arms out like a jet airplane ?

da_suns_fan
04-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Here’s the thing about playoff games: The team that’s won the most recent game looks as though there’s no way they can lose the next game. Conversely, the losing team apparently hasn’t a chance to win the forthcoming contest.

Blatant Jack Mcallum plagarism from "07 Seconds or Less".

Charlie Rosen sucks.

Fpoonsie
04-22-2010, 04:21 PM
you mean he didn't turn around and stare at the mav's bench? or spread his arms out like a jet airplane ?

:lol

spurs10
04-22-2010, 04:34 PM

Hell yes!:ihit

admiralsnackbar
04-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Blatant Jack Mcallum plagarism from "07 Seconds or Less".

If you read sportswriters long enough, you realize they endlessly recycle each other's stuff. I expect McAllum got it from somewhere, too.