PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Protesters...god help us all...

fraga
04-22-2010, 09:38 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/21/tea-partiers-in-tax-day-p_n_546909.html

zbyFeFhUTmI

panic giraffe
04-22-2010, 10:11 AM
see? you don't have to go straight for the moonbat racist to see uninformed anger.

he didn't pick on them or pick our the crazy ones, he went for the everyday looking teabaggers and found the same issues you'd find with the crazy ones.

my favorite part was "which specific action or bill..." "tyranny of govt". all just fed talking points and brought along to protest their own tax cuts to benefit the organizers of the event and people in that tax bracket. it's kind of sad really.

but what exactly do they want???? i mean do they really want to abolish the dept of education? so they're just anarchist? i don't get it.

DarrinS
04-22-2010, 10:22 AM
NJxmpTMGhU0

fraga
04-22-2010, 10:29 AM
^^I'm not sure what the point of that was...

I'm all about logical factual debates and disagreements...but when you're just flat out bat shit crazy and don't even know simple facts...

DarrinS
04-22-2010, 10:40 AM
^^I'm not sure what the point of that was...

I'm all about logical factual debates and disagreements...but when you're just flat out bat shit crazy and don't even know simple facts...

There are probably bat shit crazy people at every protest, rally, etc.

I didn't need to watch an 11 minute youtube video to know that.

PixelPusher
04-22-2010, 10:54 AM
NJxmpTMGhU0

LMAO at this pile of straw.

Nobody is questioning the tea partier's "patriotism". In fact that more-patriotic-than-thou bullshit is still flying in the same direction is was before Obama was elected.

http://thepaintedone.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/6a00e553b3b3a78833011572235e65970b-800wi.jpg

Winehole23
04-22-2010, 11:04 AM
I didn't need to watch an 11 minute youtube video to know that.How ironic.

LnGrrrR
04-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Obviously that was a liberal plant.

Stringer_Bell
04-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Okay...nearly half the people in this sketch had a point that could be argued for, but the other half were full of Fox News talking points. Thankfully, at this point we know the Tea Party Express is not a new movement or a new voter group, it's the GOP die-hards mixed with Ron Paul supporters. I've never been exposed to it since I wasn't aware of the political climate in this country until the Bush Adminstration, but I think I can assume it was the same for Clinton after he beat Bush Sr, except that...

"There's a nigga living in the white house. EVERYBODY! There's a nigga living in the white house. WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!" :rollin

Winehole23
04-22-2010, 01:34 PM
I think he said, the sheriff's gittin near!

Winehole23
04-22-2010, 01:41 PM
boO4RowROiw

panic giraffe
04-22-2010, 03:44 PM
i'm all for protesting.

if you disagree with the way your govt is being run, then say something about it. i get that. alot.
and i don't even care what your beliefs are.
but just know what the fuck you believe in.
all i see from tea baggers is just blind "ra ra hate"...
get a real message that you understand and i can see it.

jack sommerset
04-22-2010, 03:55 PM
This sales pitch that the tea partiers are stupid, hateful and/or nazis is not working. Please keep it up though. I want the repugs to win the senate. House is already locked up in Nov.

rjv
04-22-2010, 03:59 PM
This sales pitch that the tea partiers are stupid, hateful and/or nazis is not working. Please keep it up though. I want the repugs to win the senate. House is already locked up in Nov.

that's a pretty random juxtaposition of thoughts....

Duff McCartney
04-22-2010, 05:44 PM
LMAO at this pile of straw.

Nobody is questioning the tea partier's "patriotism". In fact that more-patriotic-than-thou bullshit is still flying in the same direction is was before Obama was elected.

http://thepaintedone.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/6a00e553b3b3a78833011572235e65970b-800wi.jpg

That picture is funny considering almost 80 percent of the population of Kenya is Christian.

Duff McCartney
04-22-2010, 05:49 PM

Actually alot of them are stupid. Considering that they the first lady on there says they want representation..funny, that's what we have already.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-april-16-2009/tea-party-tyranny

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-22-2010, 06:41 PM
i'm all for protesting.

if you disagree with the way your govt is being run, then say something about it. i get that. alot.
and i don't even care what your beliefs are.
but just know what the fuck you believe in.
all i see from tea baggers is just blind "ra ra hate"...
get a real message that you understand and i can see it.

Maybe they need to get on a listserv like DailyKOS or follow HuffingtonPost. Then they'd have all the talking points so they could have a "real" message...

Duff McCartney
04-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Maybe they need to get on a listserv like DailyKOS or follow HuffingtonPost. Then they'd have all the talking points so they could have a "real" message...

Well from watching the video, a majority of them have no idea what their talking points are. They just spout nonsense like taxation without representation even though that's nothing like what this is. Then spouting things like tyranny and oppression, when Americans have no clue what tyranny and oppression is.

ploto
04-22-2010, 07:57 PM
I sometimes wonder how this all looks to people in countries who truly have lived under tyranny, who have no elected representation, and who have been enslaved. The borrowing of the rhetoric turns my stomach.

elbamba
04-22-2010, 08:47 PM
I have never fully understood the purpose of posting clips like this. The filmers show you exactly what you want to see. Its like the Acorn filmers. Who knows how many people these guys interviewed.

I do not attend the tea parties. The guy in the office right next to mine does. He is a bright smart man that would probably hand this kid his ass in a discussion on taxation...he is a tax lawyer with 25 years of experience.

I get that there are stupid people at the rallies, but there are lots of stupid people that blindly support certain ideals. There were plenty of videos with stupid college kids that voted for Obama that couldn't answer basic questions that most of us could answer. I just think these videos are a waste.

fraga
04-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Well then why is that at every rally...on every Fox news report...every debate on the Senate floor....in every Right Wing speech...that's all they ever show...these passionate yet ill informed people...I would love to finally have somebody who knew what the fuck they were talking about...like your friend...step up...take charge of their party...and actually lead with facts rather than inane gibberish...

Nbadan
04-23-2010, 12:49 AM
The GOP will do what it always does, scare the shit out of the tea-baggers...just wait till the looming immigration reform debate starts after financial reform is done...and of course, the M$M will play right along...

elbamba
04-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Well then why is that at every rally...on every Fox news report...every debate on the Senate floor....in every Right Wing speech...that's all they ever show...these passionate yet ill informed people...I would love to finally have somebody who knew what the fuck they were talking about...like your friend...step up...take charge of their party...and actually lead with facts rather than inane gibberish...

Well, this video is referenced to Huffington Post. I know that HP is known for its middle of the road tone, or perhaps slightly leaning to the right, but seriously, there are plenty of videos out there that show idiot misinformed democrates. These videos really don't prove anything.

With respect to my fellow associate, he is a very successful professional, why would he give up his practice to take charge of the tea parties? Most people don't have that inclination, they associate themelves with a party where they might attend an occasional rally, but then usually go about their normal lives.

elbamba
04-23-2010, 01:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8

elbamba
04-23-2010, 01:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI&feature=related

elbamba
04-23-2010, 01:17 AM
Let me just say that I don't think that these videos proof anything at all. Its easy to interview a lot of people and then take the real idiots and make a little ten minute clip

fraga
04-23-2010, 10:28 AM
I think you're missing my point...even during the Health Care debates...Republican Senators themselves were shouting dumb untrue statements...Death Panels...really...all in an effort to scare their constituents into believing them rather than using actual facts and data to back up their side...which I have yet to still figure out...seems like their side was just NO rather then inputing anything of substance...

Winehole23
04-23-2010, 02:34 PM
There's not much of an upside to the GOP proposing policy right now. That would reinforce the obvious fallacy that the Dems are reasonable and honorable gentlemen one can do business with.

That is not the impression the GOP wishes to create.

silverblk mystix
04-27-2010, 10:50 AM
I lmao at all the idiots owning themseleves.

I guess what is NOT funny is that most of what was shown was true. I am sure that there are many that are intelligent and informed, sadly though, there are probably more that are just like the ones in this video.

Hate comes from fear and fear stems from ignorance.

Crookshanks
04-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Hate comes from fear and fear stems from ignorance.
You've just described about 80% of Obama supporters.

LnGrrrR
04-27-2010, 12:11 PM
That would reinforce the obvious fallacy that the Republicans are reasonable and honorable gentlemen one can do business with.

That is not the impression the GOP wishes to create.

fify :)

Winehole23
04-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Without objection. Living in the echo chamber has some disadvantages.

admiralsnackbar
04-28-2010, 02:25 PM
You've just described about 80% of Obama supporters.

You've just made something up to confirm your political beliefs.