PDA

View Full Version : Blair and Hill playoffs pressure

flacura
04-22-2010, 12:04 PM
What do you think about Blair and Hill in the playoffs?

They are a little lost int that kinds of games.

Blair is unusually missing shots over the rim and hill seems disappeared.

They are not defending strong, no boards at all, not playing hard

Not ready for this level? Too much pressure?

We've got to wait for them maybe next season to obtain real contribution

DesignatedT
04-22-2010, 12:25 PM
No doubt the pressure plays somewhat of a factor.. I expect both to play better in games 3 and 4 with the home crowd behind them. it really makes a difference. Especially for Blair. Hill hasn't looked himself, but im not sure if that is a result of that ankle.

coyotes_geek
04-22-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm not worried about either cracking under the pressure. My worries about Hill are solely about his ankle and my worries about Blair are solely about his height disadvantage.

benefactor
04-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Hill's confidence and mobility has more to do with the ankle as less to do with pressure. As long as he does not re-injure it he should only get better with each game. Blair is still trying to find his way a little bit. I thought the big game he had in the season finale would boost his confidence but he still looks uncomfortable. He a good player with good instincts and it's still very early, so I think he will continue to adjust his game to whoever he is matched up against as the series progresses.

Fpoonsie
04-22-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm not worried about either cracking under the pressure. My worries about Hill are solely about his ankle and my worries about Blair are solely about his height disadvantage.

Este.

Though, Blair seemed to find a way in the last game of the season. Granted, the intensity was dialed-down, but it doesn't mean he couldn't get some of those tip-ins to fall.

Ditty
04-22-2010, 01:00 PM
i beleive there fine but still believe spurs need a 9 man rotation

where's temple? I hope he gets some playing time here in san antonio to take off the pressure for playoffs behind ur crowd

Interrohater
04-22-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure I agree with you about them not playing hard. Matching the opponents intensity is vastly different than them not playing hard.

More than likely, it's a symptom of trying too hard not to make mistakes. They realize that in the playoffs, a few mistakes can lose the game. However, they're being so cautious that it ends up being just a flat performance. As soon as they understand personally that it's their playmaking abilities that make them special and not their cautious play, they'll begin to play looser. Let's hope it happens sooner rather than later.

cheguevara
04-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Hill is doing fine. Just coming back from ankle injury.

Blair is a rookie, what do you expect?

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2010, 01:07 PM
I thought Blair rushed some things last night, which could be related to feeling some pressure. Then again, it could be related to his being a shorter guy who is now facing ramped up defense around the rim. I think with some more experience, he'll find a way to calm himself, not rush as much, and give himself a better chance to convert his limited opportunities. He's absolutely a known entity on the boards at this point and is facing the renewed emphasis of bigs who are instructed to put a body on him at almost any cost. I'm not sure what anyone really expects from him defensively.

I thought it was a good sign last night that George knocked out a couple of fairly significant jumpers in the 4th Quarter -- a corner 3 and an elbow 2 -- which were his last shots of the evening. It suggests to me that he's settled in a bit, which should give him a chance to play a bit more comfortably, assuming he can keep the ankle healthy.

I don't think that Pop is going to rely on Blair at all in big minutes, absent foul trouble and I think that Hill's minutes in crunch time will depend on how well Jefferson is playing. But if they can get even minor contributions from each of those guys in the minutes that they do get -- and not a bunch of wasted possessions on either end -- I think it's a bonus for the Spurs.

Juanobili
04-22-2010, 01:08 PM
I'd be worried if they were vets but I cant wait to see them in a few years from now. Hell, next year theyll probably be huge for us

TDMVPDPOY
04-22-2010, 01:12 PM
not concern about the 2, there job is to hold the lead while one of the three core is on the bench earning a rest....

xellos88330
04-22-2010, 01:13 PM
They are both fine. They are still relatively new to this whole playoffs thing. Blair is a rook and it is expected. Hill isn't 100% which could explain a lot. Actually, Hill is probably more concerned about aggravating his ankle than his ability to perform in the playoffs.

Dex
04-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Hill looked much better in Game 2. Hopefully he didn't aggravate the ankle too much, and will continue to improve into Game 3. A healthy Hill changes the dynamic of this series dramatically.

As for Blair, he's probably only going to get spot minutes, but he's not helping his case for more of those if he doesn't start making shot. It looks like he's just been rushing under the basket, which is probably partly a case of overreacting to the defense, and partly rookie jitters. I expect him to do better in front of the home crowd, and I think Blair will have one game where he'll make some big plays or be an X-factor off the bench.

EmptyMan
04-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Blair is a Gladiator. He just needs the roar of the crowd behind him. He will beast in game 3. I have no doubt.

raspsa
04-22-2010, 05:40 PM
I think Hill is ready for the PO pressure, its just his ankle not being 100% and he's probably being a little cautious.. who can blame him. I expect stronger performances in the coming games.
Blair is at a disadvantage going against a much taller guy like Haywood. IMO he should try to take it into Haywoods body when attempting his shot. He risks getting an offensive foul but it is a good way to negate a shotblocker.

manu the best
04-22-2010, 05:57 PM
.. hill is injured and blair is a rookie .. hopefully they do better in game 3 ..

:lobt2:BELIEVE:lobt2: