Seattle

Top 3 worst:
Jacksonville
New England
Denver

IronMexican
04-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Arizone and Dallas deserve HM for best.

They both got top 15(Arguably top 10) talent at 24 and 27.

PixelPusher
04-22-2010, 10:45 PM
imo:

Top 3 best:
Detroit
San Francisco
Seattle

Top 3 worst:
Jacksonville
New England
Denver

I never imagined the day I'd be thrilled to see my team draft two O-lineman in a row (and both first round picks at that), but dammit, that's exactly what I asked Draft Santa for Draftmas.

Blake
04-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Detroit best

Denver worst

lions should have axed Millen long before they did

jacobdrj
04-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Detroit best

Denver worst

But then they never would have been in a position to draft Suh...

Marklar MM
04-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Detroit best

Denver worst

Detroit fans are still trying to figure out how Millen got a contract extension after starting 16-48.

Blake
04-22-2010, 11:35 PM
But then they never would have been in a position to draft Suh...

or charles rogers.....or mike williams....

vander
04-22-2010, 11:57 PM
I nominate SD for top 3 worst.

from a Football standpoint, most of you won't be able to explain how Denver's draft sucked, you only hate Tebow and believe him incapable of becoming an NFL QB because he's a christian. the WR pick was also smart, Dez is going to be all the headache of Mashall, with half the talent.

Denver is on the rise, and I say this as a Charger fan

LnGrrrR
04-22-2010, 11:58 PM
I don't call New England's draft the "worst" right now... they moved up on the draft board, and only picked three spots lower than they would have, and picked up an area of need in CB. I mean, if you hate the pick, I could understand.

DJ Mbenga
04-23-2010, 12:04 AM
where is the LMAO Clausen thread?

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 12:19 AM
actually I don't hate New England's 1st round at all. They got extra draft picks, good value for the player they got considering where they drafted him, addressed somewhat of a need, and still have a shot at Sergio Kindle in the 2nd round.

Goran Dragic
04-23-2010, 12:49 AM
actually I don't hate New England's 1st round at all. They got extra draft picks, good value for the player they got considering where they drafted him, addressed somewhat of a need, and still have a shot at Sergio Kindle in the 2nd round.

:lmao good value? The absolute highest he was going in any mock draft was 30th to Minn, and in all likelihood wasn't getting taken anytime soon. Also, what the hell is the need for another young corner? They had way bigger needs that could have been addressed.

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 12:56 AM
:lmao good value? The absolute highest he was going in any mock draft was 30th to Minn, and in all likelihood wasn't getting taken anytime soon. Also, what the hell is the need for another young corner? They had way bigger needs that could have been addressed.

Not sure if you paid any attention at all to the draft, but there was a run on CB's as soon as NE picked him. Kyle Wilson (way overrated) and Robinson (meh) went very quickly after him. I like McCourty over either of them, and so did alot of other guys. Just cuz Mel Kiper wasn't crazy about him doesn't mean he sucks.

Also tbh not sure if you've noticed, but Springs, Wilhite, and Wheatley all blow ass. After Bodden and Butler, it's a steep drop off. They need another DB in the rotation.

Finally, those way bigger needs can still be adressed. Sergio Kindle is still on the board. They didn't take the massively overrated Jared Odrick which I feared they would. Taylor Mays is dropping to the point where he may be a tremendous value pick. And they've easily got the most ammo to make big moves tomorrow.

Goran Dragic
04-23-2010, 01:01 AM
Not sure if you paid any attention at all to the draft, but there was a run on CB's as soon as NE picked him. Kyle Wilson (way overrated) and Robinson (meh) went very quickly after him. I like McCourty over either of them, and so did alot of other guys. Just cuz Mel Kiper wasn't crazy about him doesn't mean he sucks.

Also tbh not sure if you've noticed, but Springs, Wilhite, and Wheatley all blow ass. After Bodden and Butler, it's a steep drop off. They need another DB in the rotation.

Finally, those way bigger needs can still be adressed. Sergio Kindle is still on the board. They didn't take the massively overrated Jared Odrick which I feared they would. Taylor Mays is dropping to the point where he may be a tremendous value pick. And they've easily got the most ammo to make big moves tomorrow.

Well this fuckin overnight shit sucks. If they still end up getting Kindle and Gronk in the 2nd round then this knee jerk reaction after the 1st round would look dumb, I just doubt Kindle is there when they pick. This year was the year to have tons of 2nd rounders given all the talent there.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-23-2010, 01:02 AM
I don't even think they need to make big moves. There are a shitload of good 3-4 prospects to be had tomorrow.

Though it wouldn't surprise me for BB to make a play for #33 on the cheap. I just think a team like the Bills will shoot it's load for Clausen.

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 01:05 AM
also, tbh Rick Gosselin has more draft knowledge in his left ass cheek than Kiper/McShay have combined. He had McCourty 24th on his value list.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/042110dnsponfldrafttop100.3f50970.html

Also, Belichick said McCourty was his pick all along, but he knew he could trade down, acquire more picks, and still get his man.

04-23-2010, 01:06 AM
The top 4 corners were all going in the 1st. After that, the class is pretty weak.

Goran Dragic
04-23-2010, 01:09 AM
They did a terrible job announcing it but what picks did they get with the trade down trades?

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 01:12 AM
They got a 3rd rounder (90th overall) for sure, and I think something else but I can't find it.

EDIT" They also moved up from the 119th to the 113th pick.

Goran Dragic
04-23-2010, 01:17 AM
I just want tomorrow already. This intermission is bullshit.

IronMexican
04-23-2010, 01:20 AM
This 1 round stuff might be the worst move ever. I hate it. I'd rather have all 7 rounds in one day.

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 01:23 AM
I just want tomorrow already. This intermission is bullshit.

:tu I'm sure the ratings and money tells a different story, but this primetime 1st round bullshit is definitely the worst thing that's ever happened to the draft.

Imagine how much worse it would be if the Pats traded out of the 1st round completely like last season :lol

Goran Dragic
04-23-2010, 01:31 AM
That's one thing that kept me optimistic, this guy must be REALLY special if New England was keeping a 1st rounder for him.

If trading out of the first last year leads to them having the picks for a TE (Gronk), OLB (Kindle), and a WR (Tate/Benn) then it looks great.

IronMexican
04-23-2010, 01:32 AM
DoK, nothing to say about Cards?

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 01:37 AM
That's one thing that kept me optimistic, this guy must be REALLY special if New England was keeping a 1st rounder for him.

If trading out of the first last year leads to them having the picks for a TE (Gronk), OLB (Kindle), and a WR (Tate/Benn) then it looks great.

Also, there's some rumors of an Osi Umenyiora deal possibly happening. I think I'd rather go with Kindle in the draft, but either way a pass rusher is definitely coming to NE.

Goran Dragic
04-23-2010, 01:47 AM
DoK, nothing to say about Cards?

I've had a huge argument about them on facebook :lol, tbh they shoulda taken Clausen

Goran Dragic
04-23-2010, 01:49 AM
Also, there's some rumors of an Osi Umenyiora deal possibly happening. I think I'd rather go with Kindle in the draft, but either way a pass rusher is definitely coming to NE.

How do you feel about Everson Griffin? He's an absolute freak and might do well at OLB.

benefactor
04-23-2010, 04:36 AM
from a Football standpoint, most of you won't be able to explain how Denver's draft sucked, you only hate Tebow and believe him incapable of becoming an NFL QB because he's a christian.
Not really. I'm a Christian and I still don't think Tebow will be an NFL QB...mostly for reasons that are obvious to anyone who knows what a pro QB looks like.

He might become a nice tight end though, so I guess there is hope.

LnGrrrR
04-23-2010, 05:09 AM

Let's face it, New England CB's go down regularly, EVERY year. :lol

I don't mind a young one in the wings.

Thankfully, we should be glad he didn't take another first round TE as he loves doing. I also hope he avoids taking a WR in the second round, as we've whiffed alot on high-round receivers.

florige
04-23-2010, 08:04 AM
:tu I'm sure the ratings and money tells a different story, but this primetime 1st round bullshit is definitely the worst thing that's ever happened to the draft.

Imagine how much worse it would be if the Pats traded out of the 1st round completely like last season :lol

Sorta how we did last night. lol

Whisky Dog
04-23-2010, 08:52 AM
What's up with vander and his "people hate on tebow because he's a Christian" schtick? You're wrong, McCoy is a Christian, Bradford is a Christian, and people aren't hating on them. People hate on tebow because 1) he has a relatively weak and inaccurate arm and doesn't throw a good deep ball unlike the other 2-3 top QBs in the draft and 2) because he's a smug, In-Your-Face, I'm better than you so listen to me type of obnoxious Christian.

JMarkJohns
04-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I'd rather the Cardinals take O-line or CB with their 2nd-rounder, and hope that with Clausen and McCoy falling leads to LeFevour being available with one of their 3rds.

I don't think Clausen is so much better a prospect than LeFavour. He's better, but not two full rounds better. LeFevour, I'm pretty sure, has better height and arm.

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 10:42 AM
What's up with vander and his "people hate on tebow because he's a Christian" schtick? You're wrong, McCoy is a Christian, Bradford is a Christian, and people aren't hating on them. People hate on tebow because 1) he has a relatively weak and inaccurate arm and doesn't throw a good deep ball unlike the other 2-3 top QBs in the draft and 2) because he's a smug, In-Your-Face, I'm better than you so listen to me type of obnoxious Christian.

:tu

the other day he was on Sportscenter, telling people how he's going to be the hardest working, "first guy to show up, last guy to leave", type of player. Isn't that the sort of praise that someone else is supposed to say about you?

He's basically telling his future teammates that even tho they've also worked their asses off and dedicated themselves to the game of football, some rookie with no experience is gonna show them what it's like to really work hard.

Goran Dragic
04-23-2010, 10:45 AM

Vander is the dumbest motherfucker on this site who is a bible bot puppet, that's why he loves Teblow so much. He told me I was going to hell for not being Christian, so it's no surprise he supports Teblow imposing his views on other people.

Blake
04-23-2010, 10:47 AM
from a Football standpoint, most of you won't be able to explain how Denver's draft sucked, you only hate Tebow and believe him incapable of becoming an NFL QB because he's a christian.

I think he can be an ok QB, but I think the Broncos could have probably got him in the 2nd round.

I don't hate him because he's a Christian. I think I can speak for most here when I say he is hated because he's an in-your-face Christian.

the WR pick was also smart, Dez is going to be all the headache of Mashall, with half the talent.

the WR pick was not smart because again, they could have got that guy in later rounds.

The draft board at Yahoo showed him being scouted as about the 12th best WR.

Al Davis drafting Heyward Bey over Crabtree even probably thinks it was stupid

dirk4mvp
Also, the interview right after he got picked was probably the longest interview after a draft pick ever.

Goran Dragic
I'd rather the Cardinals take O-line or CB with their 2nd-rounder, and hope that with Clausen and McCoy falling leads to LeFevour being available with one of their 3rds.

I don't think Clausen is so much better a prospect than LeFavour. He's better, but not two full rounds better. LeFevour, I'm pretty sure, has better height and arm.

When there aren't torn ligaments in his toes, Clausen has a better arm than Lefevour. If he was healthy last year Clausen is a top 10 pick.

Blake
04-23-2010, 10:48 AM

eh. next time I'll read the whole thread before posting.

:tu

Goran Dragic
04-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Let's face it, New England CB's go down regularly, EVERY year. :lol

I don't mind a young one in the wings.

Thankfully, we should be glad he didn't take another first round TE as he loves doing. I also hope he avoids taking a WR in the second round, as we've whiffed alot on high-round receivers.

Chad Jackson is a BEAST! :lol

Whisky Dog
04-23-2010, 11:49 AM
After thinking about that first round a bit I think there are really only two losers in the 1st round - Jacksonville and Denver. Jacksonville used a 10th pick on a guy they could have traded down to late 20s or even early 30s and gotten, so that was epic fail. Especially given that the 11,12, and 13 pick teams all trader down and got additional picks, it would have been easy for the Jags to do the same. Horrible use of the 10th pick leverage. Denver is a no brainer, any team that gives up 2,3, and 4th round picks to draft what will probably be a 3rd string or wildcat QB is major fail. Honorable mention goes to the Giants who picked a guy when at least one to two better players at the same position were available. The kid from South Fla is freaky athletic and a gymnast, but didn't exactly dominate weak competition in a weak conference.

My sleeper winner is the Dolphins, who recouped the 2nd rounder they gave up for Marshall and basically ended up with a good value pick in Odrick, Brandon Marshall, and still a nice pick in the 2nd round by using that 12th pick leverage in a way Jags failed to do.

04-23-2010, 11:55 AM
I think Alualu will be a solid pick, but they must have been asking for an arm and a leg for #10. Denver had no problem bouncing around and JAX is trying to say they had no takers?

Right.

ATRAIN
04-23-2010, 12:38 PM
I liked what the Jets did. That fucking D is going to be beast I say!!

JMarkJohns
04-23-2010, 01:19 PM
I liked what the Jets did. That fucking D is going to be beast I say!!

If they can package up a few of their remaining picks for Kindle or Griffin, then they will have addressed their biggest defensive needs, and will have done so with two 1st-round talents.

Goran Dragic
04-23-2010, 01:29 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Osi gets traded today. The Giants seem pretty set on trading him, question is whether or not they can get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him.

JMJ, where do you want Gronk going. He'd be a perfect fit on New England right now given that Alge fatshit Crumpler is the only noticeable TE on the roster.

Whisky Dog
04-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Just found out why Sergio Kindle is slipping in the draft:

What is the story surrounding the knee of Texas LB Sergio Kindle?
Like so many, I was surprised when the first round expired last night and Texas LB Sergio Kindle wasn’t selected. The long, athletic playmaker was in the first round of every mock draft, and a bunch of pundits thought he wasLuck_The_Fakers_ headed to the Patriots.

Why did Kindle fall?

Allow me to point you to an article written by respected Longhorns beat reporter Chip Brown of the UT Rivals.com site. It reports on what he terms “a potential bombshell brewing” regarding the knee injury Kindle played with in 2009.

“There are a handful of teams who have graded Kindle as a ’serious’ medical risk because of his knee, which one team said looks like it could require Kindle to have microfracture surgery,” Brown wrote in the article.

Read the rest here:
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/04/23/what-is-the-story-surrounding-the-knee-of-texas-lb-sergio-kindle/

vander
04-23-2010, 01:52 PM

having a weak arm and inaccurate deep ball isn't reason for hate, and I don't see any of this in-your-face smugness, that's just a manufactured perception

I actually never liked Tebow on the field, I can't stand gimmicky offenses like that. It was just the sad and pathetic hatred being spewed on this board that started to piss me off, there's really no reason for it, so I decided to hate on the Tebow haters, they are all small, empty, ignorant, jealous little pussies. :toast

Whisky Dog
04-23-2010, 01:56 PM
having a weak arm and inaccurate deep ball isn't reason for hate, and I don't see any of this in-your-face smugness, that's just a manufactured perception

I actually never liked Tebow on the field, I can't stand gimmicky offenses like that. It was just the sad and pathetic hatred being spewed on this board that started to piss me off, there's really no reason for it, so I decided to hate on the Tebow haters, they are all small, empty, ignorant, jealous little pussies. :toast

That's cool, you can have your opinion, but you don't consider him using his status to promote wacky right wing politics during the super bowl to be in your face? How about asking everyone in the wonderlic class to pray to Jesus, even though some of them may not be Christians? To me, that is a clear indicator of a self righteous, in your face guy who is throwing his beliefs all over everyone else.

Goran Dragic
04-23-2010, 02:07 PM
That's cool, you can have your opinion, but you don't consider him using his status to promote wacky right wing politics during the super bowl to be in your face? How about asking everyone in the wonderlic class to pray to Jesus, even though some of them may not be Christians? To me, that is a clear indicator of a self righteous, in your face guy who is throwing his beliefs all over everyone else.

People as bat shit religious right nutty as Tebow like vander don't see that as in your face Christianity, they think that they're right and everyone else is wrong, they see it as trying to educate the world.

JMarkJohns
04-23-2010, 03:53 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Osi gets traded today. The Giants seem pretty set on trading him, question is whether or not they can get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him.

JMJ, where do you want Gronk going. He'd be a perfect fit on New England right now given that Alge fatshit Crumpler is the only noticeable TE on the roster.

Word is Baltimore likes him a lot, as does Denver. Those are the two teams linked to him the most. I think Baltimore is in a position to net him mid-2nd through trading up by pairing #57 with #114 if they even need to do such to acquire him.

I'd like Gronk just fine on the Arizona (not before 3rd round), Baltimore, New England, Washington (he'd become McNabb's top target) and Cincinnati. I don't want to see him with any team with a QB from this year or last year's draft (Save for Jets, who don't need him), nor do I want to see him on Oakland, San Francisco or Seattle.

bostonguy
04-23-2010, 04:18 PM

I hope so Mono. I also want a running back. I hate all the backs we have. But I want a pass rusher more.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-23-2010, 04:54 PM
I heard New England is looking at adding Albert Haynesworth with the 3rd rounder they got. Idk how I feel about that, they either got him to move completely to a 4-3 or they got him to play Richard Seymour's old role. Doubt it happens but I'd support it if it did. It'd be pretty hard to run on Wilfork and Haynesworth.

HarlemHeat37
04-23-2010, 05:29 PM
There's no such thing as "winners" and "losers" in the draft at this point IMO..not taking a shot at the OP, since everybody makes these, especially the media..it doesn't make too much sense to me..a lot of draft picks take time to develop and we haven't even seen any of these guys on the field yet..

dirk4mvp
04-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Chiefs are the clearcut winners so far selecting Dexter McCluster.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-23-2010, 06:04 PM
No, the Patriots are for getting my nigga Gronk.

dirk4mvp
04-23-2010, 06:06 PM
tbh, det guy's not fast!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-23-2010, 06:07 PM
lol having to compete with Jamal Charles for PT
lol Gronk instantly becomes the best TE on the Patriots' roster

JMarkJohns
04-23-2010, 06:18 PM
No, the Patriots are for getting my nigga Gronk.

Patriots must have a scout on GOAZCATS because it's been discussed that Gronk to Ravens was a lock.

dirk4mvp
04-23-2010, 06:19 PM
lol having to compete with Jamal Charles for PT

imo, when he sings for the coaching staff he will probably become the starter.

fdg5GstXglw

lol Gronk instantly becomes the best TE on the Patriots' roster

tbh, if NE picked up Tpark, he would become the best TE on the Pat's roster

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-23-2010, 06:22 PM
tbh, if NE picked up Tpark, he would become the best TE on the Pat's roster

Well they got Alge Crumpler who's as fat as Tpark.....

LakerHater
04-23-2010, 06:22 PM
The Giants pickin D-linemen when they clearly need LBs!!!!!!!!

DAMN you Jerry Reese!!!!!:ihit

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Patriots must have a scout on GOAZCATS because it's been discussed that Gronk to Ravens was a lock.

Yeah I was wondering who they were targeting when they leap frogged Baltimore that made sense. Cardinals made a good pick with Washington who hopefully can convert to ILB.

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Goddamn I'm happy with the Pats draft thus far.

Got secondary help, our Mark Bavaro, a pass rusher, and a badass LB.

Look at this LB corp - Mayo, Guyton, Spikes, Banta-Cain, Cunningham, and if Adalius ever pulled his head out of his ass he'd be a great player still.

WE STACKED

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Idk about the Florida pass rusher but the other two picks I couldn't be happier with. Don't forget Tyrone McKenzie at linebacker, tore his ACL in camp last year but the coaching staff seems enamored with him.

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Idk about the Florida pass rusher but the other two picks I couldn't be happier with. Don't forget Tyrone McKenzie at linebacker, tore his ACL in camp last year but the coaching staff seems enamored with him.

:tu forgot about him. Also, if Shawn Crable ever got healthy, that's another speed LB.

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Who's the best WR left? Shipley? If they got him I'll just get shitfaced and forget about the Mavs game. Get to celebrating #4.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-23-2010, 08:37 PM
That white Decker dude.

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Ah fuck, Shipley's gone.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Decker is gone so there's really nothing left at WR. Pick Bruce Campbell tbh. There's a year before Matt Light's body completely falls apart, in that year Bruce will develop and then they're set at tackle for the next decade.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Nigga who the fuck is Andre Roberts?

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Sometimes I think Belichick trades just to do it. It's like he's trying to set a world record for most in-draft trades.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Hopefully this Carolina trade is Carolina thinking short term and trading a 2011 2nd rounder for a player they fell in love with in the 3rd round.

Kai
04-23-2010, 10:47 PM
JMarkJohns, DoK, what can you tell me about Earl Mitchell?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-23-2010, 11:22 PM
JMarkJohns, DoK, what can you tell me about Earl Mitchell?

I loved him in college and he basically anchored the best part of UA's defense. UA never blitzed linebackers or safeties, it was up to the front 4 to get pressure and Mitchell was key to that. I didn't expect him to go this early but it doesn't surprise me. Can't wait to see how he does in the NFL.

LnGrrrR
04-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Sometimes I think Belichick trades just to do it. It's like he's trying to set a world record for most in-draft trades.

If you look at the trade tracker, New England is involved in half of the trades in one way or another. :lol

JMarkJohns
04-24-2010, 02:08 AM
I loved him in college and he basically anchored the best part of UA's defense. UA never blitzed linebackers or safeties, it was up to the front 4 to get pressure and Mitchell was key to that. I didn't expect him to go this early but it doesn't surprise me. Can't wait to see how he does in the NFL.

Yeah, pretty much. Non-stop motor. Darnell Dockett-type of DT in that he's more of a pass rusher, both in skill and size, but is a beast. He'll be a bit small in the NFL, which is the main concern with him. But his drive is strong enough to make significant impact, if only in a part-time role.