At this point, is he a top 10 player?

JamStone
04-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Sure he is. Probably top 9.

Ghazi
04-22-2010, 11:21 PM
hhmm, yeah probably.

howEVA!

No debate as the 2nd best player; that's D-Whistle.

BlackSwordsMan
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
no surprises here
what happens when the refs are no longer on your side? you lose
again no trash talk

ChrisRichards
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
You'd be a dumbass to think Kobe and his 30% shooting belongs in the Top 10 list.

Fucking Westbrook>Kobe right now

picc84
04-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Top 20.

2010 body, 2005 mind. Thats the goddamn problem with his ass.

NRHector
04-22-2010, 11:25 PM
He's human just like Duncan and they are getting old, father time doesn't forgive anyone

21_Blessings
04-22-2010, 11:34 PM

Dumb

Fucking Westbrook>Kobe right now

Dumber

Top 20.

Dumbest

mogrovejo
04-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Probably. After the top-4, you can go in a lot of different ways. 10-15 guys more or less at the same level.

D-Wade #3
Dumb

Dumber

Dumbest

Check your panties for purple and gold blood

Ghazi
lol Bynum

Technique
04-22-2010, 11:36 PM
butthurt laker fan is butthurt

DJ Mbenga
04-22-2010, 11:38 PM
no surprises here
what happens when the refs are no longer on your side? you lose
again no trash talk

you arent being sarcastic there. it actually happened.

himat
04-22-2010, 11:39 PM
If I were an LA fan I'd be happy about this. Better to get this Kobe chucking game out of the way in the first round.

I swear he has to relearn how to trust his teammates every year. He started to realize it towards the very end of today's game, but by then, the Thunder were already running out with the win.

jestersmash
04-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Well who are ya'lls rank 2 through 10 players, let's see if we can name 9 people better than kobe.

bronbron is obviously rank 1, no argument there

lebron, nowitzki, dwade, kevin durant, dwight howard, tim duncan are top 10. I'll continue to add as obvious ones come to mind.

edit again: actually i dont know about durant vs kobe. if we're looking strictly last few months, then yes durant is better than kobe.

milkshakeballa
04-22-2010, 11:41 PM
If I were an LA fan I'd be happy about this. Better to get this Kobe chucking game out of the way in the first round.

I swear he has to relearn how to trust his teammates every year. He started to realize it towards the very end of today's game, but by then, the Thunder were already running out with the win.

Bullshit. He ONLY realized it after he fucking chucked up 8 BRICKS in a row and SOMEBODY probably said something (i doubt it was phil). then he started playing team ball and we actually had a few passes and what do you know...we scored.

The lakers had 7 pts in the 4Q with 5 minutes left...they finished with 21....

ChrisRichards
04-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Well who are ya'lls rank 2 through 10 players, let's see if we can name 9 people better than kobe.

in the playoffs right now?

bron
durant
dwight
dirk
gasol
manu
westbrook
derrick rose
melo
deron
nash
amare

himat
04-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Bullshit. He ONLY realized it after he fucking chucked up 8 BRICKS in a row and SOMEBODY probably said something (i doubt it was phil). then he started playing team ball and we actually had a few passes and what do you know...we scored.

The lakers had 7 pts in the 4Q with 5 minutes left...they finished with 21....

So whats bull shit about my post? I didn't say Kobe willingly trusted his teammates today. It took him 18 missed shots to realize that, but at least for LA he realized that at the end of the game (or so it seemed).

This is the biggest flaw in Kobe's game and year after year he needs to relearn. Sometimes it takes a game like this for him to realize it whether it be learning from himself or a teammate actually standing up to him.

So I still don't get your post.

milkshakeballa
04-22-2010, 11:46 PM

lebron, nowitzki, dwade, kevin durant are top 10. I'll continue to add as obvious ones come to mind.

WIth how Kobe's finger is that is too easy. I don't know if Kobe is just injured this year and will be healthy next year or if thats it...and Kobe is done.

But as of RIGHT NOW

LeBron
Dwight
Wade
Deron
Dirk
Melo
Durant
Westbrook
Rose
Stephen Jackson
Gerald Wallace maybe?
Joe Johnson
B Roy
Nash
Amare
Duncan
Manu

milkshakeballa
04-22-2010, 11:46 PM
So whats bull shit about my post? I didn't say Kobe willingly trusted his teammates today. It took him 18 missed shots to realize that, but at least for LA he realized that at the end of the game (or so it seemed).

This is the biggest flaw in Kobe's game and year after year he needs to relearn. Sometimes it takes a game like this for him to realize it whether it be learning from himself or a teammate actually standing up to him.

So I still don't get your post.

i agree. Guess I am just mad. I agree with you.

picc84
04-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Kobe - 29 shots
Gasol, Odom, Bynum - 28 shots

The motherfucking DAY after "shoot better or shoot less". You can't even write this shit.

jestersmash
04-22-2010, 11:49 PM
wow forgot about melo. damn, too many names who are definitively playing better than kobe at the moment.

i don't think i'm ready for the beginning of the end for kobe. he deserves a steady, step-wise decline, not this fall off the cliff B.S. he's going through.

i'd like to see him start by deferring to gasol more. that'd be a good start. start with low FGA efficient scoring, and slowly work your way up.

milkshakeballa
04-22-2010, 11:51 PM
wow forgot about melo. damn, too many names who are definitively playing better than kobe at the moment.

i don't think i'm ready for the beginning of the end for kobe. he deserves a steady, step-wise decline, not this fall off the cliff B.S. he's going through.

i'd like to see him start by deferring to gasol more. that'd be a good start. start with low FGA efficient scoring, and slowly work your way up.

we wont know until next year

i refuse to believe kobe would absolutely fall of a cliff like this.

im positive its him somewhat SLOWLY declining but coupled with the injuries it makes it look HORRID.

there is still no excuse for how he is playing though. ZERO excuse. 29 fucknig shots.

Gasol + Odom + Bynum shots?

FUCK ME.

milkshakeballa
kobe - 29 shots
gasol, odom, bynum - 28 shots

the motherfucking day after "shoot better or shoot less". You can't even write this shit.

fuck us picc. Fuck us.

ChrisRichards
Kobe - 29 shots

The motherfucking DAY after "shoot better or shoot less". You can't even write this shit.
Kobe basically took a dump on Phil's advice. Kobe's inner Iverson came out tonight.

himat
i agree. Guess I am just mad. I agree with you.

I understand. I guess that's the greatness and suckiness of Kobe. He takes a lot of difficult shots and has the ability to make them. When they go in he looks like the greatest player ever, when they miss he has the confidence to still put them up.

I really think if Kobe would have hit one of those last few shots to help LA somehow win it would look good for LA right now, but down the road of the playoffs it wouldn't help.

A gamewinner would make Kobe learn absolutely nothing from his terrible game today. Since he didn't do anything productive in the 4th quarter today, he has to change his mindset now. Someone on that team better have the balls to tell him whats up though.

milkshakeballa
04-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Kobe basically took a dump on Phil's advice. Kobe's inner Iverson came out tonight.

INNER iverson??? fucking shit hasn't been INNER all fucking year....

milkshakeballa
04-22-2010, 11:56 PM
I understand. I guess that's the greatness and suckiness of Kobe. He takes a lot of difficult shots and has the ability to make them. When they go in he looks like the greatest player ever, when they miss he has the confidence to still put them up.

I really think if Kobe would have hit one of those last few shots to help LA somehow win it would look good for LA right now, but down the road of the playoffs it wouldn't help.

A gamewinner would make Kobe learn absolutely nothing from his terrible game today. Since he didn't do anything productive in the 4th quarter today, he has to change his mindset now. Someone on that team better have the balls to tell him whats up though.

he hasn't changed his mindset all year...

he is selfish to the fucking bone

he will put up his 25+ shots in game 4..lakers will win by the skin of their fucking teeth thanks to gasol and bynum. kobe will hit a difficult shot in the 4 to put the game away (after goin 2/9 in the whole fourth Q) and laker fans will be slurping for his cum.

nothing to see here.

ChrisRichards
04-22-2010, 11:56 PM
INNER iverson??? fucking shit hasn't been INNER all fucking year....
:rollin:rollin:rollin

milkshakeballa
04-22-2010, 11:58 PM

he will put up his 25+ shots in game 4..lakers will win by the skin of their fucking teeth thanks to gasol and bynum. kobe will hit a difficult shot in the 4 to put the game away (after goin 2/9 in the whole fourth Q) and laker fans will be slurping for his cum.

nothing to see here.

and fuck what can pau say? he was in at the end of the 3...they gave it to him in the post 3 times and he fucking immiadietlt passes the ball out to fucking fisher and shanfuckin i fail the dunk contest brown.

it has to be andrew. i dont give a fuck if he is 22 . he should have gotten NUMEROUS post touches today. he got 2? one in the fourth where he missed a turnaround.

Ghazi
04-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Kobe had 8 assists tonight.

I just saying :smokin

picc84
04-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Goddamn I have never been this mad at this nigga before. It feels like the 04 finals again and I wasn't even this pissed off then. I guess because I expect so much more out of him now, maturity and leadership wise. He was still a kid then. This is grown man, "leader", "MVP" Kobe here, we were supposed to be over this shit years ago and here we go again. Never been more disappointed in a game performance before.

Killakobe81
04-23-2010, 12:01 AM
Dumb

Dumber

Dumbest

agreed. but whatever enjoy the laughs for a few days see you on Saturday ...

MiamiHeat
04-23-2010, 12:02 AM

nothing to see here.

dude

wow.

finally a laker fan gets "it"

holy shit.

MAJOR FUCKING PROPS.

Killakobe81
04-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Goddamn I have never been this mad at this nigga before. It feels like the 04 finals again and I wasn't even this pissed off then. I guess because I expect so much more out of him now, maturity and leadership wise. He was still a kid then. This is grown man, "leader", "MVP" Kobe here, we were supposed to be over this shit years ago and here we go again. Never been more disappointed in a game performance before.

Chillax.
With all the problems WE have you wanna focus on Kobe?
He does not deserve al the credit when we win or lose ...

But whatever ...

MiamiHeat

he never changed dude

it was just masked by a really fucking stacked team.

Bynum-Gasol-Odom is the best frontcourt in the entire NBA for the last 15? years? maybe more.

milkshakeballa

EXACTLY EXACTLY how i feel picc. To me...it is just unacceptable. You could see this coming all YEAR though. My boiling point was the Portland game.

Now...this is just fucking torture for me. I can;t fucking handle this shit. I love the Lakers too much.

3 more FUCKING YEARS as the highest paid player in the game as a 34 year old.....fucking Bron WANTS LA.

Fernando TD21
04-23-2010, 12:04 AM
in the playoffs right now?

bron
durant
dwight
dirk
gasol
manu
westbrook
derrick rose
melo
deron
nash
amare
Duncan?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Hahahahahaha

kobe is the laughing stock of the nba

he got shut down by a 22 year old that weighs 160 pounds

hahahahahaha

Killakobe81
04-23-2010, 12:05 AM
LOL you dont love the Lakers enough milkshake you are just too damn emotional ...

Killakobe81
04-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Laughingstock ...ok. enjoy this haters enjot tonight's your night.

HarlemHeat37
04-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Kobe - 29 shots

At least give your man Fisher credit for this game..he came through tonight..

MiamiHeat
04-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Laughingstock ...ok. enjoy this haters enjot tonight's your night.

nah kobe's not the laughing stock, just some people having fun right now ;p

but facts are facts dude..... kobe needs to defer

midnightpulp
04-23-2010, 12:10 AM

nothing to see here.

You just became one of my fave posters.

Laker fans think I (or other non-Lakers fans) are "hating" when we dissect Kobe's game and point out his deficiencies, of which there are many, but I'm seriously trying to be objective. It's not Laker hate. Magic, Kareem, Shaq, all studs and worthy of their respective places in history. I've never been wowed by Kobe Bryant and always felt he is the most overrated player in NBA history. Sure, he's top 10-12, but he's got a long way to go before he can be placed alongside the Magic's, Bird's, etc, like the jackass media routinely loves to do.

picc84
04-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Chillax.
With all the problems WE have you wanna focus on Kobe?
He does not deserve al the credit when we win or lose ...

But whatever ...

I'm not concerned with the loss. Who the fuck cares, we're going to win the series one way or another.

Its Kobe the PLAYER and Kobe the PERSON that pissed me off tonight. That he still doesn't fucking GET IT. At a time when he had every reason to get others involved and slack back on his individual offense, he did the exact opposite. A goddamn day after being asked to do the opposite. That doesn't disappoint you? That doesn't tick you off? That he had such little regard for the coaches and teammates and was deadset on getting his?

Whatever man. I guess I just expect more from our leader after the whole 'maturity' phase. I thought we were past this crap. He showed tonight he's the same motherfucker he was years ago mentally. If this was 2005 Kobe I woudn't give a fuck. "Kobe will be Kobe" and all that, along with crap teammates.

Its 2010. We have a squad. He's an MVP. He's the leader. He just didn't give a fuck tonight.

04-23-2010, 12:32 AM
lakerfan is mad kobe took too many shots? wtf? where has he been the last 10 years?

ChrisRichards
04-23-2010, 12:36 AM
I
Its 2010. We have a squad. He's the leader.
I never understood this idea. Kobe has never been the vocal leader of the group and he never showed he's the leader on the court.

Fisher and Gasol held those duties.

Xevious
04-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Didn't lakaluvu say that "Kobe gets his first"? :rolleyes

At least in years past, Kobe dominated the ball because he had nobody else who could score. Now he's got three big men that are shooting a high percentage and he's chucking 3s with a broken finger. Yeah, Fisher and most of the Laker bench sucks, but this loss is all on Kobe.

ChrisRichards
04-23-2010, 12:40 AM
Didn't lakaluvu say that "Kobe gets his first"? :rolleyes

At least in years past, Kobe dominated the ball because he had nobody else who could score. Now he's got three big men that are shooting a high percentage and he's chucking 3s with a broken finger. Yeah, Fisher and most of the Laker bench sucks, but this loss is all on Kobe.
Nah, Kobe shooting 30% has nothing to do with it. Lakers lost because of Oklahoma's hustle.

/

milkshakeballa
04-23-2010, 12:45 AM
I'm not concerned with the loss. Who the fuck cares, we're going to win the series one way or another.

Its Kobe the PLAYER and Kobe the PERSON that pissed me off tonight. That he still doesn't fucking GET IT. At a time when he had every reason to get others involved and slack back on his individual offense, he did the exact opposite. A goddamn day after being asked to do the opposite. That doesn't disappoint you? That doesn't tick you off? That he had such little regard for the coaches and teammates and was deadset on getting his?

Whatever man. I guess I just expect more from our leader after the whole 'maturity' phase. I thought we were past this crap. He showed tonight he's the same motherfucker he was years ago mentally. If this was 2005 Kobe I woudn't give a fuck. "Kobe will be Kobe" and all that, along with crap teammates.

Its 2010. We have a squad. He's an MVP. He's the leader. He just didn't give a fuck tonight.

QFT. You have followed me into the empty shell that we feel together as laker fans.

BTW - it isn't just 2nite. He did this last game as well.

And for about 6 months of the season..cost us HCA to Cavs AND magic...

We will won't have to worry about HCA in the finals though..I'm afraid to say

:depressed

To me IMO...when this team loses to the Nuggets...it will be the best team to ever not win a championship. Will stand out to me more than any title Kobe has won for us. (and he was 1a to shaq in the 3peat playoffs...just not in the finals) Sucks to be like this...maybe I'm negative...though I'm a positive guy IRL...it just makes me sick.

duhoh
04-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Nah, Kobe shooting 30% has nothing to do with it. Lakers lost because of Oklahoma's hustle.

/

yep, getting out-rebounded +10 is definitely gonna hurt your chances of winning.

midnightpulp
04-23-2010, 12:54 AM
QFT. You have followed me into the empty shell that we feel together as laker fans.

BTW - it isn't just 2nite. He did this last game as well.

And for about 6 months of the season..cost us HCA to Cavs AND magic...

We will won't have to worry about HCA in the finals though..I'm afraid to say

:depressed

To me IMO...when this team loses to the Nuggets...it will be the best team to ever not win a championship. Will stand out to me more than any title Kobe has won for us. (and he was 1a to shaq in the 3peat playoffs...just not in the finals) Sucks to be like this...maybe I'm negative...though I'm a positive guy IRL...it just makes me sick.

Nah. Lakers in 08 were better, even without Bynum. The main problem with this years team is that the bench is non-existent. Odom is inconsistent and the rest of the guys are garbage. In 08 and last year, Sasha, Farmar, etc were actually contributing. Not so much this year. Combine the poor bench with a declining Kobe Bryant and you have a team that's not really too much better than the rest of the west. We have to remember if not for Kobe's heroics in multiple games this year, the Lakers could easily have been the 2nd seed or lower.

Gotta still respect them, however. They have the experience and an ultra scary front-line. Wouldn't surprise me to see them hit a stride and steamroll through the West.

ezau
04-23-2010, 12:57 AM

No. Manu is a better player than Kobe right now

peteee
04-23-2010, 01:08 AM
no convincing proof can be brought to support your proportion. You'll see who's actually better when come WCF.

ezau
04-23-2010, 01:12 AM
no convincing proof can be brought to support your proportion. You'll see who's actually better when come wcf.

per

picc84
04-23-2010, 08:46 AM

This team isn't even that good. Thats what i've been trying to tell everyone who parrots that "most stacked team in the league" crap. Every one of the players on this team outside of Gasol has been wildly overrated since the beginning of the season. Kobe is a shell of himself, even from last year, Artest is an epic fail on any offensive endeavor, Bynum is still raw and just as likely to be 5.7/3.8 on any given night as 16/11, Odom is insanely inconsistent, Fisher is the worst guard in the league, the bench is nonexistent.

We've been squeaking by the whole year. Can you honestly say there's been any stretch where we've looked dominant?

I refuse to believe we'll lose to the Thuggets in round 2 though. No bunch of knuckleheaded killer thugs that dumb is going to take us out.

Muser
04-23-2010, 08:48 AM
no convincing proof can be brought to support your proportion. You'll see who's actually better when come WCF.

I guess Kobe shooting .368 from the field is convincing proof that he's playing better.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 08:55 AM
I refuse to believe we'll lose to the Thuggets in round 2 though. No bunch of knuckleheaded killer thugs that dumb is going to take us out.

They're as equal a threat as anyone else East or West.

LnGrrrR
04-23-2010, 09:18 AM
it will be the best team to ever not win a championship

I don't know, I think some of the Malone/Stockton or Barkley teams could be considered better. *shrug*

dirk4mvp
04-23-2010, 09:37 AM
per

:lmao Omar, this is funny shit. Spurfans don't mind using PER when hit helps out their argument.

Saul Silver
04-23-2010, 09:38 AM
:lmao Omar, this is funny shit. Spurfans don't mind using PER when hit helps out their argument.

Sup scrah wanna buy some kronik?

ezau
04-23-2010, 10:54 AM

shut up. PER is the shit and you should be well aware that your neo-nazi kid Dirk, pales in comparison to Manu's PER.

dirk4mvp
04-23-2010, 10:57 AM
shut up. PER is the shit and you should be well aware that your neo-nazi kid Dirk, pales in comparison to Manu's PER.

Is that why Dirk is 14th all time and Manu is 35th in the all time PER list, Omar?

Muser
04-23-2010, 11:02 AM
PER is bullshit, but Kobe hasn't exactly been great.

ChrisRichards
04-23-2010, 11:08 AM
I guess Kobe shooting .368 from the field is convincing proof that he's playing better.

Amazing how he sunk this low. I remember when Kobe shoots 50% and Kobe fans would start pulling the "Best Player in the league" card. Right now, Kobe shooting at least 40% is enough to make Kobe fans jizz in their pants (See game 2):lol

pad300
04-23-2010, 11:12 AM
he never changed dude

it was just masked by a really fucking stacked team.

Bynum-Gasol-Odom is the best frontcourt in the entire NBA for the last 15? years? maybe more.

10 years, I give you.
15 Years, don't think so - Duncan/Robinson in 99 (and maybe 00) was better. But that team didn't have anything to touch the Lakers wing players (Kobe, Artest...). It was still enough for a ring though.

PS. Robinson had to much of a problem with his back to consider Robinson/Duncan > Bynum-Gasol-Odom post 2000

pad300
04-23-2010, 11:15 AM
This team isn't even that good. Thats what i've been trying to tell everyone who parrots that "most stacked team in the league" crap. Every one of the players on this team outside of Gasol has been wildly overrated since the beginning of the season. Kobe is a shell of himself, even from last year, Artest is an epic fail on any offensive endeavor, Bynum is still raw and just as likely to be 5.7/3.8 on any given night as 16/11, Odom is insanely inconsistent, Fisher is the worst guard in the league, the bench is nonexistent.

We've been squeaking by the whole year. Can you honestly say there's been any stretch where we've looked dominant?

Would you prefer Utah? I understand that Kirilenko hopes to be back before the end of the 1st round... Whatever else they are, they aren't knuckleheads.

Ashy Larry
04-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Kobe - 29 shots

church

Brazil
04-23-2010, 12:09 PM
overeaction.

Lakers will win this serie in 5. Kobe won't have anymore two bad games in a row and when he will have a great game everybody will suck his ass again.

I hate the lakers and I hate Kobe but lol at the top 20 / top 10-12 b/s

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-23-2010, 12:11 PM
kobe is so bad on defense PJ has to call a TO just to call him out

ChrisRichards
04-23-2010, 12:16 PM
overeaction.

Lakers will win this serie in 5. Kobe won't have anymore two bad games in a row and when he will have a great game everybody will suck his ass again.

Agree with Lakers winning this in 5, but Kobe has been shooting at a 30% clip for the last 6 games.

SPURSCHAMP
04-23-2010, 05:57 PM
we wont know until next year

i refuse to believe kobe would absolutely fall of a cliff like this.

im positive its him somewhat SLOWLY declining but coupled with the injuries it makes it look HORRID.

there is still no excuse for how he is playing though. ZERO excuse. 29 fucknig shots.

Gasol + Odom + Bynum shots?

FUCK ME. Lakaluva would

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 05:59 PM
You'd like to watch too, ya damn prevert, you.

Medvedenko
04-23-2010, 06:01 PM
LMAO too many pussies on this thread...

Johnny RIngo
04-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Is that why Dirk is 14th all time and Manu is 35th in the all time PER list, Omar?

35th is pretty damn impressive for a guy that Mavs fans like to say is worse than Caron Butler.

jdev82
04-23-2010, 07:34 PM

he wasnt "just realizing" how to trust his teammates, he realized he was shooting terrible shots and they werent going in so he says "hmm, if i pass the ball we may win and i could get some assists and people would say im a great facilitator."

rhyputa
04-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Kobe will slap your bitches' asses
book it

21_Blessings
05-17-2010, 11:06 PM
:lmao Kobe

Killakobe81
05-17-2010, 11:10 PM
LOL this thread so full of fail ...

4>0rings
05-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Nigga needed help from the refs to pull Hill out the game.

namlook
05-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Another EPIC Fail thread. Nah. Kobe's not top 10 at all.

ROFL at the OP.

Yeah the Manu that lost his balls against the freaking Phoenix Suns?!!

:lmao

21_Blessings
05-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Top 20.

You can't even write this shit.

:lmao

milkshakeballa
05-17-2010, 11:33 PM
LOL fuck this crow taste good. i honestly thought kobe was done towards the end of the year. injured as fuck

i said he will have to pROVE me wrong...no benefit of the doubt shit anymore.

god damn he has done it so far. still apprenhensive about the finals but so far so good

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Big deal, the Western conference doesn't play defense. Except for the Lakers and Thunder. Thunder did a decent job on Kobe, and Kobe can't play against his own team.

namlook
05-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Big deal, the Western conference doesn't play defense. Except for the Lakers and Thunder. Thunder did a decent job on Kobe, and Kobe can't play against his own team.

Funny how everyone said how improved the Suns defense was when they shut the Spurs down.

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Not I :)

"hhmm. Gasol is better than Amare and Kobe is better than Nash. In a star driven league that's a big deal.

I expect the Lakers frontline to have a big series and the Phoenix 3 ball to be neutralized/contained whereas against the Spurs they shot 44.5%. I don't expect 5 rebound ecstasy to imprint this series like he's suppose to, and will be outplayed by Gasol. Phoenix does not have a player capable of guarding Kobe. Nash should have a good series but will he get enough helP??

As well as the SUns have played, I honestly see the Lakers winning in 5 games."

Phoenix's defensive improvement is a myth. The numbers don't back it up.

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Amare 3 rebounds tonight :tu

LnGrrrR
05-18-2010, 01:51 AM
LOL fuck this crow taste good. i honestly thought kobe was done towards the end of the year. injured as fuck

i said he will have to pROVE me wrong...no benefit of the doubt shit anymore.

god damn he has done it so far. still apprenhensive about the finals but so far so good

Gotta say, your boy Kobe is doing work.

LnGrrrR
05-18-2010, 01:53 AM
Do you think Kobe the offensive player could score 40 on Kobe the defensive player?

This is actually a pretty decent question Luva; very interesting.

I'd argue no. Kobe's good enough on the defensive end that I don't think many people have dropped 40 on him. 30 I could see.

This would be an interesting argument for other players too... could Jordan drop 40 on himself? I'm pretty sure Lebron could, as could Dwyane Wade.

MambaJuice2408
05-18-2010, 02:13 AM
The problem with this question is that the greater the disparity between a players offensive skill and defensive skill. The more likely they are to score on themselves.

For example we can speculate that Dirk can drop 40 on himself easily I would think, since he's not a defensive stopper.

But I think Kobe could drop 40 on himself occasionally. At a success rate probably I'd say of 25% of the time.

Venti Quattro
05-18-2010, 02:16 AM
The problem with this question is that the greater the disparity between a players offensive skill and defensive skill. The more likely they are to score on themselves.

For example we can speculate that Dirk can drop 40 on himself easily I would think, since he's not a defensive stopper.

But I think Kobe could drop 40 on himself occasionally. At a success rate probably I'd say of 25% of the time.

that is not occasionally

21_Blessings
05-18-2010, 02:18 AM
Gotta say, your boy Kobe is doing work.

Other than being a despicable, filthy Boston Celtic fan you seem like a cool guy judging by your Venture Bros avatar.

Chubby_Love
05-18-2010, 02:20 AM
I wouldn't say a top 10 player, but I gotta give credit where it's due. He's moving up there, and if he wins another title this season, he's got a chance to do it. Or he could just rape another girl, and he could be the top 10 most wanted men in Colorado or wherever he chooses to rape again.