PDA

View Full Version : When's the last time Kobe had no FT attempts in a playoff game?

Jacob1983
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Anyone know? I am completely shocked of this. Kobe is a FT attempt machine and he got none tonight. You could say in a way that he played somewhat like a pussy by jacking up 11 3 pointers and only making 4 of them.

Ghazi
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Mark of declining athleticism

Jacob1983
04-22-2010, 11:24 PM
I wonder what Kobe's nut huggers will say about this. If Dirk goes without FT attempts in a game, he's called a pussy and soft. Does that apply to Kobe too?

Giuseppe
No, because you're O & forever.

IronMexican
Jacob can't use the word pussy without ever getting any.

hitmanyr2k
04-22-2010, 11:25 PM
When you take the amount of three pointers Kobe did tonight you don't deserve to go to the line.

ChrisRichards
04-22-2010, 11:25 PM
To be fair, Kobe does'nt seem to get a lot of love from the refs nowadays. He had 0 FT attempts in 3 games out of his last 10 despite shooting 20 + times per contest./

duncan228
04-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Last year, May 10, in Houston.

Jacob1983
I sense that some Laker fans are hurting because the refs didn't help their rapist out tonight.

SpursRulez4eVeR
09 playoffs game 4 vs. the rockets

Jacob1983
04-22-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm shocked. It seems rare though.

NRHector
No, because you're O & forever.not again

mogrovejo
To be fair, Kobe does'nt seem to get a lot of love from the refs nowadays. He had 0 FT attempts in 3 games out of his last 10 despite shooting 20 + times per contest./

He gets more fouls on jump-shots than anyone on the league besides Kevin Martin.

Kobe is strictly a jump-shooter, why should he go to the line often? Players learn to not foul on jumpers in the 6th grade.

Giuseppe
04-22-2010, 11:29 PM
They need to scratch, Hector. Otherwise they get the treatment.

duncan228
04-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Before that, May 27, 2008 in San Antonio.

milkshakeballa
04-22-2010, 11:31 PM

its cuz he bitches at the refs after EVERY call...i wouldnt call shit for the guy either after awhile.

the guy has been given everything in his life. he doesn't have much of a personality. probably hasn't devleloped very many social skills (always practicing). he probably has no relationship with any refs...

ChrisRichards
04-22-2010, 11:33 PM
its cuz he bitches at the refs after EVERY call...i wouldnt call shit for the guy either after awhile.

the guy has been given everything in his life. he doesn't have much of a personality. probably hasn't devleloped very many social skills (always practicing). he probably has no relationship with any refs...
QFT

Kobe's aloofness and diva attitude is catching up with him. NOw he does'nt have the atleticism and quickness to offset that.

ChrisRichards
04-22-2010, 11:34 PM
He gets more fouls on jump-shots than anyone on the league besides Kevin Martin.

Kobe is strictly a jump-shooter, why should he go to the line often? Players learn to not foul on jumpers in the 6th grade.
Agree but the funny thing is when he drives to the basket sometimes, he doesnt seem to get calls too. Kobe gets most of his calls from tacky touch fouls which is really weird.

milkshakeballa
04-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Agree but the funny thing is when he drives to the basket sometimes, he doesnt seem to get calls too. Kobe gets most of his calls from tacky touch fouls which is really weird.

Agreed. I mean today when Durant was guarding him he would be holding Kobes hip..refs usually call it but dont seem to for Kobe.

But it is what it is. Kobe did NOT deserve to go to the line 2nite thats for sure.

Jacob1983
04-22-2010, 11:37 PM
And people are never going to forget the whole rape thing too.

MiamiHeat
04-22-2010, 11:42 PM

careful, you're letting the truth that you're a laker fan seep through

quick, go back to hating kobe

DJ Mbenga
04-22-2010, 11:44 PM
usually in the playoffs the respect return but in the regular season this stuff happens more often than you think

ChrisRichards
04-22-2010, 11:45 PM
careful, you're letting the truth that you're a laker fan seep through

quick, go back to hating kobe
Youre gay. Just like your PT cruiser.

dav4463
04-22-2010, 11:48 PM

Dirk goes to the line more than anyone on fadeaway jump shots.

Dex
04-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Phil's gonna be so pissed that he can't whine like a soiled brat in the Postgame.

spursfaninla
04-23-2010, 12:03 AM
if you are getting ft's as a jump shooter something is wrong with the refs, unless you are shooting so well that people are really overplaying you. Not the case with Kobe (unless his defenders are just stupid.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-23-2010, 12:08 AM
Ehhhhh he shot nothing but jumpers the entire game

personally i thought he was fouled on that clutch layup attempt in the late 4th over 3 thunder players but thats the way it goes sometimes.

cobbler
04-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Kobe is not getting free throws because he is not taking it to the rim. He is not going to do so in the early rounds either. If you don't think the finger is a factor in that, well, you never played the game.

Jacob1983
04-23-2010, 02:00 AM
The Thunder should be knocking the shit out of that fucked up finger of his. Just sayin'.

j.dizzle
04-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Refs are inconsistent as fuck & it aint gonna change so ppl get used it.:toast

DazedAndConfused
04-23-2010, 02:24 AM
How stupid are you people? No seriously, how dumb are you?

HIS FINGER IS FUCKED. THAT'S WHY HE CAN'T SHOOT CONSISTENTLY ANYMORE.

You do remember how he was playing to start the season when his finger was alright? He was shooting near 50%, the best of his career, and DOMINATING from the post. He was on pace to have his best season ever, period.

Until he gets surgery, he will continue to struggle like he is right now. But he is by NO means done as a player. You are fucking morons.

midnightpulp
04-23-2010, 02:38 AM

You do remember how he was playing to start the season when his finger was alright? He was shooting near 50%, the best of his career, and DOMINATING from the post. He was on pace to have his best season ever, period.

Until he gets surgery, he will continue to struggle like he is right now. But he is by NO means done as a player. You are fucking morons.

I agree with this. Many people thought Ginobili was "done" but once he got healthy this season, he's having one of the best runs of his career.

People are just rubbing it because Laker fan is notorious for proclaiming opposing teams completely healthy (see 2008 when Ginobili was playing on one leg but Laker fan insisted that Sasha shut down a "healthy" Manu) while bringing attention to their own injured players.

cobbler
04-23-2010, 02:38 AM

It's as obvious as their hatred. It's what happens when you are as successful and the Lakers. Let them have their day. I love how all the haters come out of the woodwork after a single loss with the majority of the posts talking about the demise of the Lakers and the end of Kobe's career. All these guys living on the hopes of any team playing the Lakers. Most because they are fans of teams that have no chance. The Thunder played a very good game and deserve the credit for their defense and poise. All these posters discredit their effort tonight by insistiing it's Kobe and the Lakers falling apart.

And when we are in the finals it will be about injuries to other teams, stern and the refs, or something other than the Lakers deserving it. Same ole same ole. The hypocrisy is limitedless.

midnightpulp
04-23-2010, 02:41 AM
It's as obvious as their hatred. It's what happens when you have such an annoying and idiotic fanbase. Let them have their day. I love how all the haters come out of the woodwork after a single loss with the majority of the posts talking about the demise of the Lakers and the end of Kobe's career. All these guys living on the hopes of any team playing the Lakers. Most because they are fans of teams that have no chance. The Thunder played a very good game and deserve the credit for their defense and poise. All these posters discredit their effort tonight by insistiing it's Kobe and the Lakers falling apart.

And when we are in the finals it will be about injuries to other teams, stern and the refs, or something other than the Lakers deserving it. Same ole same ole. The hypocrisy is limitedless.

:toast

baseline bum
04-23-2010, 03:44 AM
27 of Bryant's 29 shots were jumpers, and a lot of the closer ones were fadeaways.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/918/kbj.png

mogrovejo
04-23-2010, 05:00 AM
I agree with this. Many people thought Ginobili was "done" but once he got healthy this season, he's having one of the best runs of his career.

People are just rubbing it because Laker fan is notorious for proclaiming opposing teams completely healthy (see 2008 when Ginobili was playing on one leg but Laker fan insisted that Sasha shut down a "healthy" Manu) while bringing attention to their own injured players.

I was one of the very few people who didn't think Ginobili was done at all. I predicted he'd be playing at a very high level this season. The signals were there.

With Kobe, the complete opposite happens - the signs are also there, but what they show is that he's been declining for awhile. I wrote a post months ago showing how Kobe decline this season was being overlooked . When Kobe was hot starting the season, I wrote it was fool's gold and that his game had declined. It's not only about his shooting - it's a decline in his overall game.

The finger is BS. It's not like he's the only guy playing with that kind of injury. There are guys playing on worse ones. And his first 10 games after he injured his finger were probably the best stretch he had this season shooting-wise. He had good periods after that. And he'll have good periods in the future, he won't shoot this bad forever. But that's exactly how NBA players decline - it comes in waves. Right now Kobe is going under one of those bad waves, a big one.

In any case, let's assume he's shooting badly because of the finger, let's keep this fiction going till next season... if that's the case, it begs the question... why is he shooting so much!? Is his brain injured as well?? The only reason the Lakers may be in trouble in this series is due to Kobe's selfishness. It was predictable, it's happening. If his shooting badly because of the finger, it only makes Kobe look worse.

Muser
04-23-2010, 06:49 AM

Okay, so Kobe is a dumbass for shooting so many shots with a fucked up finger.

pauls931
04-23-2010, 07:05 AM
I think he was inside a scrotum that last time that happened during a Rockets game most likely.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 07:42 AM
"The finger is BS."

Horseshit.

duncan228
04-23-2010, 12:07 PM
:lol

Bryant was 4 of 11 on 3-point shots and did not get to the foul line. He did not want to criticize the referees publicly after the game and smiled when asked about his lack of free throws: “I’m not quite sure how to answer that. Yeah. Both teams played hard.”

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/lakers-245509-bryant-oklahoma.html

Cry Havoc
04-23-2010, 12:33 PM

If his finger is affecting his shot that badly, why is he taking more shots than Gasol and Bynum combined?

ChrisRichards
04-23-2010, 12:45 PM
If his finger is affecting his shot that badly, why is he taking more shots than Gasol and Bynum combined?
Because not only does Kobe have the need to eat first, but he also need to eats the most. Thats what MVP do.

TheMACHINE
04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
LOL at the Mavs losing Game 2 at home.