PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious thing I forgot about the pregame festivities yesterday in Dallas

50 cent
04-22-2010, 11:39 PM
As the Mavs came out onto the court for their final shootaround about 15 minutes prior to the game started, they played Tony Parker's video on the big screen and had it cranked extremely loud. The video quality was so poor, it looked like they were streaming it from youtube straight onto the jumbotron.

I assumed this was a Cuban tactic to try to make Tony uncomfortable but he didn't even seem phased by it.

All of this was lost on the Mavs fans who I don't even think realized that it was Tony. They were all dancing and clapping to the video as the teams warmed up.

I got a pretty good laugh at it. Between this and the "Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be Spurs fans", the penis envy never ceases to amaze me.

Here's the video:

lzQ9lszhP10

TMTTRIO
04-22-2010, 11:46 PM
yeah you also forgot to include the Manu flop song they included a while ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKMv9LrgF6M&feature=related

DesignatedT
04-22-2010, 11:48 PM
lmao. dallas fans :lol

50 cent
04-22-2010, 11:51 PM
This one is hilarious considering how everything turned out:

Fhs2cEKbgOI

baseline bum
04-22-2010, 11:56 PM
yeah you also forgot to include the Manu flop song they included a while ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKMv9LrgF6M&feature=related

LMAO. How can a team led by Dirk Nowitzki ever complain about flopping?

ploto
04-23-2010, 12:08 AM
Sorry- but the Mavs actually have better in arena entertaiment and games than the Spurs do.

SpursTillTheEnd
04-23-2010, 12:11 AM
lmaooo at these videos

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Sorry- but the Mavs actually have better in arena entertaiment and games than the Spurs do.

So that's where Cuban's money goes! I knew there was an explanation.

marini martini
04-23-2010, 12:12 AM

Well duh, that's because they have that Drama Queen Cuban!!!:lol

SAtown
04-23-2010, 12:14 AM

I thought the entertainment was supposed to be played on the court.

honestfool84
04-23-2010, 12:18 AM

:lol

+1

Dave McNulla
04-23-2010, 12:20 AM
eva wrote the story line there. "and pick the ugly one that he talks to first"

wives ;)

da_suns_fan
04-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Um.....for years I had to hear "The Spurs are 'boring' cuz they dont have rappers etc"

DesignatedT
04-23-2010, 12:32 AM

The 4 banners flying in the rafters at the AT&T are enough entertainment for us.

Fpoonsie
04-23-2010, 12:38 AM

Winner.

Buddy Holly
04-23-2010, 12:44 AM

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/29/128880716387117847.jpg

mookie2001
04-23-2010, 01:07 AM
What else would they do? They have zero championships, their logo is a my little pony and the face of the franchise is the former reality show star 45 year old team owner

crc21209
04-23-2010, 01:07 AM

It's pretty damn tacky/cheap if you ask me...

ffadicted
04-23-2010, 02:48 AM
Man.... that rap vidja is pimpin lol.... :smokin
Also, why would Tony give a fuck about a rap video trying to "embarrass" him, he's a 3 time champion, finals MVP, earning 8 figures with a perfect 10 waiting in his bed every night. Fail mavs lol

baseline bum
04-23-2010, 03:00 AM

Frenzy
04-23-2010, 03:10 AM
The 4 banners flying in the rafters at the AT&T are enough entertainment for us.

close the thread.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2010, 03:37 AM

Really? Been to a lot of games at the AAC?

Shank
04-23-2010, 08:08 AM

I have, in addition to a number of other arenas, and - for what it's worth - it's true.

What's up with these threads? One win and this place is back to the "nose in the air"/basketball elitist vibe.

ploto
04-23-2010, 08:16 AM

I have been to enough Spurs and Raptors games in Dallas that the people at the hotel recognize me when I come to town and know that I am there for basketball.

phyzik
04-23-2010, 08:18 AM
I have, in addition to a number of other arenas, and - for what it's worth - it's true.

What's up with these threads? One win and this place is back to the "nose in the air"/basketball elitist vibe.

So its OK for Mav fan do go all Douche elitists downstairs but Spurs fans aren't allowed to up here on the top level?

fuck off Shank. :lmao

bus driver
04-23-2010, 08:20 AM

Fhs2cEKbgOI

:lmao

cuban holding up the wcf trophy!:lmao
mavs should be embrassed....

when your teams sucks ass like yours does and the mavs; management has to do more to get people to come out and watch the games.
then next time ur at the ATT center just look up......
:flag::lobt2::flag:

Shank
04-23-2010, 08:22 AM
So its OK for Mav fan do go all Douche elitists downstairs but Spurs fans aren't allowed to up here on the top level?

fuck off Shank. :lmao

Really? Top level?

Dig the post that came up after yours and tell me I'm full of shit with the tone around here.

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2010, 08:22 AM

It's a well-known fact that basketball actually originated in a poorly-vented gym on the West Side of San Antonio in about 1953. Additionally, every single known basketball strategy was invented by Gregg Popovich, and all of them were invented before 1972.

nkdlunch
04-23-2010, 08:38 AM

Well the mags can go ahead and raise their "pregame entertainment championship banner" then

ploto
04-23-2010, 08:46 AM
I like the live music.

Actually, Cuban for all his faults is smart enough to know that this is not true in today's NBA.

Spurs fans get so defensive when someone says that there are other teams who do some things better than the Spurs do. Get out- go to some other arenas and see what is out there. Some places have much better food - others are more convenient to get to- some have better parking. Some have really nice hotels right there or are in better parts of town than the ATT. Others are crappy- are a pain to get to- have awful food- and inconvenient parking. You don't have to act like everything about the team you like is the best in the whole world, and the Spurs are perfect and everyone else sucks. Some teams do some things better than the Spurs do, and the announcers and promotions at the ATT are pretty dismal. Even people in this fourm have often complained about them.

ploto
04-23-2010, 08:48 AM
management has to do more to get people to come out and watch the games...

Considering there are still tickets for tonight's Spurs game, you might want to reconsider that statement.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2010, 08:56 AM
I like the live music.

Actually, Cuban for all his faults is smart enough to know that this is not true in today's NBA.

Spurs fans get so defensive when someone says that there are other teams who do some things better than the Spurs do. Get out- go to some other arenas and see what is out there. Some places have much better food - others are more convenient to get to- some have better parking. Some have really nice hotels right there or are in better parts of town than the ATT. Others are crappy- are a pain to get to- have awful food- and inconvenient parking. You don't have to act like everything about the team you like is the best in the whole world, and the Spurs are perfect and everyone else sucks. Some teams do some things better than the Spurs do, and the announcers and promotions at the ATT are pretty dismal. Even people in this fourm have often complained about them.

Or maybe it's just that a lot of Spurs fans don't give a flying fuck about pregame entertainment. I know I sure don't--I go to watch a team that has been the definition of elite in professional sports for the last decade. And for what it's worth, the ATT Center really doesn't have that bad of a parking setup, either (have you ever been to the Alamodome?).

Bottom line, Peter Holt ain't PT Barnum. You want a circus, wait for Ringling to come to town (or just watch when Mark Cuban shows up).

DPG21920
04-23-2010, 08:57 AM
I have to agree w ploto. People here get so defensive. The aac is a much better place to catch a game in general. Also lmao at shank crying like a baby. Does he not see mavs fans posting what they do.

tp2021
04-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Haha probably thought it was some spanish rap

Drachen
04-23-2010, 09:24 AM
I like the live music.

I don't think that anyone is saying you are wrong, I just think they are saying that they don't care. For anyone worth their salt, the NBA is actually about basketball. For a lot of us we were raised on a smoky arena, cheap hot dogs, obstructed views, and cheap beer. We go to a basketball game for basketball. If I wanted to eat better food, I would stay home and cook a steak. If I wanted other entertainment, I would watch a movie or go to a concert. I watch basketball so that I can watch basketball.

edit: it seems lonestar beat me to it.

YoMamaIsCallin
04-23-2010, 09:34 AM
I went to one Mavs game a couple of years ago at the AAC (not a Spurs game). I was shocked, really, at how lame and stupid the environment was. They were playing to the lowest common denominator stupid fan/entertainment consumer. It was so far from catering to someone who actually knows basketball it wasn't even funny.

They stoked the fires of the brainless fan. They played heavily on the theme of how the refs and the league were against them. They had a lot of fourth-grade level cartoonish videos. Whenever there was an obvious foul against a Mavs player, the fans all booed the refs. Cuban himself played a big role, jumping around and shaking his fist at the outrage of the unfairness of the league and the refs to them.

BigBinBigD
04-23-2010, 09:57 AM
I've had Mavs season tix since '86 and long for the days when it was about the game. All that other shit can just go away. They showed a video the other night making fun of Matt Bonner and his red hair. Matt Fucking Bonner!! I was embarrassed. I probably hate Cuban as much, if not more, than any of you.

MoSpur
04-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I haven't been to a game at all this year, but from what I've seen in the past the Spurs aren't all that when it comes to entertaining their fans. Its not a big deal to me. I have a good time when the Spurs are winning. I for one love the Coyote. To me the Coyote is very entertaining.

I don't get all hurt because a couple of fans from other teams say the Spurs AT&T Center is located in a bad part of town or that the food they serve is bad. Its kind of true. I think the city did a poor job when it came to the location of the AT&T Center. Ultimately I go to see my team win and the Spurs themselves have done a pretty good job of doing that.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2010, 10:05 AM
I don't think that anyone is saying you are wrong, I just think they are saying that they don't care. For anyone worth their salt, the NBA is actually about basketball. For a lot of us we were raised on a smoky arena, cheap hot dogs, obstructed views, and cheap beer. We go to a basketball game for basketball. If I wanted to eat better food, I would stay home and cook a steak. If I wanted other entertainment, I would watch a movie or go to a concert. I watch basketball so that I can watch basketball.

edit: it seems lonestar beat me to it.

It's all good, I completely agree. Honestly, when I went to the ATT Center for the first time, I thought there was too much peripheral stuff going on. I go to the game to focus on the game. Not funny videos on the jumbotron, not the halftime show, not even the fucking cheerleaders, but the damn basketball game. All this sophomoric crap Cuban (and other NBA arenas, including the ATT Center on occasion) pulls is great to quickly build an anemic fanbase that A) Knows next to nil about the game of basketball, and B) Will turn on you as SOON as you quit being a "contender."

DesignatedT said it best--the four banners hanging from the rafters are entertainment enough.

tp2021
04-23-2010, 10:09 AM
I agree that I go to the game to see the game, but I'll play devil's advocate and say I wouldn't mind them "playing to the lowest common denominator stupid fan" if it means more revenue for the franchise to use to put out a good product on the floor. There's gonna be people who don't know jack shit about basketball wherever you go; at least if it's at the game, YOU'RE AT THE GAME.

Cry Havoc
04-23-2010, 10:54 AM
what's up with these threads? Four rings, faggot, and this place is back to the "nose in the air"/basketball elitist vibe.

ftfy.

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-23-2010, 11:01 AM
uezE7E6XjUI
the fK?

bus driver
04-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Considering there are still tickets for tonight's Spurs game, you might want to reconsider that statement.

no reconsideration.......and dont worry about the spurs just worry about your POS team and what they do :wakeup

Leftyventricle
04-23-2010, 11:14 AM
here's the clip they showed where they make fun of Matt Bonners red hair:

2AoMny9VhV8

Dex
04-23-2010, 11:16 AM

It's the same way most Mav fans were popping off and looking forward to the Semis after Game 1.

People around here, on both sides, definitely need to learn to keep a more even keel. This series has a long way to go.

SAtown
04-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Get out- go to some other arenas and see what is out there. Some places have much better food - others are more convenient to get to- some have better parking.

I've been to plenty of stadiums around the US and around the world. I guess people like myself don't need great food, parking, and off court/field "entertainment" to attract me to a SPORTING event. I could give a shit what goes on before the game, during timeouts and halftime.

Fpoonsie
04-23-2010, 01:00 PM
I went to one Mavs game a couple of years ago at the AAC (not a Spurs game). I was shocked, really, at how lame and stupid the environment was. They were playing to the lowest common denominator stupid fan/entertainment consumer. It was so far from catering to someone who actually knows basketball it wasn't even funny.

They stoked the fires of the brainless fan. They played heavily on the theme of how the refs and the league were against them. They had a lot of fourth-grade level cartoonish videos. Whenever there was an obvious foul against a Mavs player, the fans all booed the refs. Cuban himself played a big role, jumping around and shaking his fist at the outrage of the unfairness of the league and the refs to them.

QFMFT

The fans get a kick out of it, but it's Idiocracy in action at its finest/worst/etc.

DesignatedT
04-23-2010, 01:14 PM
AT&T center is legit. I have been to 4 different arenas and I would take the AT&T over any of the ones I have been to. Of course it has its flaws... One being its location and I can see that being a problem for out of towners but people here don't give a shit where it's located... we are going to be sleeping in our own bed tonight anyway. Parking and Access is the best I have ever seen in a arena, I'm seriously out of the parking lot and home to the north side in 20 minutes. Food? Seriously? Not to mention the Bar set-up at the AT&T is by far superior to the other arenas I have been to and there is not one bad seat in the house. Outside of the location there really isn't much to bitch about when it comes to the AT&T. Also, if you have ever been to playoff game here (which obviously you haven't) there is a lot of pre-game and in-game entertainment going on all over the arena. (Plus post game concerts now for those who feel like sticking around)

I could see someone showing up for a Spurs/Heat matchup in November and thinking the arena sucks but the playoffs is a whole different beast. The place is awesome!!

Spurminator
04-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Honestly, the last time I went to AT&T for a game, it seemed like AAC Lite. Unfortunately.

ploto
04-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Also, if you have ever been to playoff game here (which obviously you haven't) there is a lot of pre-game and in-game entertainment going on all over the arena...

I haven't been to a Spurs play-off game!!! Really. :lol

fraga
04-23-2010, 02:47 PM
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/scg1607/envy.jpg

z0sa
04-23-2010, 02:50 PM
^ rofl

Slomo
04-23-2010, 02:56 PM
I won't comment on some of the content which from what I've seen on youtube is really basic and frankly not very funny (actually you could argue it's in bad taste).

But from a technical point of view the AAC is probably unique in the world. They have spent so much money on the AV upgrades of the arena, that it's difficult to understand if the Dallas market is really so much richer to make such an investment worth while.

They have 25 large scale LED screens inside, 6 of them are Full HD (4 above the court in the smallest pixel pitch/highest pixel density available today). A sound system second to none in any indoor sports arena. A content delivery system capable of handling live HD video and graphics...

cheguevara
04-23-2010, 03:00 PM
As the Mavs came out onto the court for their final shootaround about 15 minutes prior to the game started, they played Tony Parker's video on the big screen and had it cranked extremely loud. The video quality was so poor, it looked like they were streaming it from youtube straight onto the jumbotron.

I assumed this was a Cuban tactic to try to make Tony uncomfortable but he didn't even seem phased by it.

All of this was lost on the Mavs fans who I don't even think realized that it was Tony. They were all dancing and clapping to the video as the teams warmed up.

lzQ9lszhP10

stupid mavfans probably thought it was Pitbull :lol

50 cent
04-23-2010, 03:01 PM
I have been to plenty of NBA games including playoff games at Hemisphere, Alamodome, AT&T Center, American Airlines Center, Staples, and Conseco.

Honestly, they all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Staples crowd is quiet. Crowd is there to be seen.

AAC has the corny in-game videos and penis envy for all things Spurs, but the arena is great and in a great location of downtown Dallas. They were actually saying on the radio that Cuban eliminated a lot of the music for the Playoffs and just let the fans create the atmosphere. I went to game 1 & 2 and I think that actually helped the AAC compared to past series. Got to give Mavs fans credit, the atmosphere was pretty electric in both games.

Conseco was really cool. This was Reggie Miller's last game so maybe that had something to do with it, but that arena is cool and really fits the "midwest atmosphere". Nice downtown location.

AT&T provides great sight lines and I like the overall "theatre" feel to the atmosphere where the court seems lit and everything else is dark. AAC feels more like a bright church. The AT&T's location sucks and I think that does somewhat take away from the atmosphere which is unfortunate. A downtown arena would have been much better. Also, the amenities inside the AT&T are not nearly as nice as the AAC, but that's not a huge deal. It fits San Antonio and the AAC fits Dallas.

50 cent
04-23-2010, 03:04 PM
But from a technical point of view the AAC is probably unique in the world. They have spent so much money on the AV upgrades of the arena, that it's difficult to have understand if the Dallas market is so much richer to make such an investment worth while.

They have 25 large scale LED screens inside, 6 of them are Full HD (4 above the court in the smallest pixel pitch/highest pixel density available today). A sound system second to none in any indoor sports arena. A content delivery system capable of handling live HD video and graphics...

No doubt. The sound system is incredible. Even though they played Tony's video off of youtube, the sound was amazing. The entire place was rocking.

cheguevara
04-23-2010, 03:08 PM
here's the clip they showed where they make fun of Matt Bonners red hair:

2AoMny9VhV8

these motherfuckers are pathetic

cheguevara
04-23-2010, 03:09 PM
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/scg1607/envy.jpg

:lmao

Slomo
04-23-2010, 03:17 PM
No doubt. The sound system is incredible. Even though they played Tony's video off of youtube, the sound was amazing. The entire place was rocking.

They hired one of the best companies in the industry to do it - and they did a great job.

Personnaly I liked the Staples (OK I got a little starstruck)

But the AT&T is my favorite because of it's atmosphere. I've gone to quite a few games alone and it was never a problem finding people to share a beer or a high five with. I also agree with your description of the lines of sight and theater feel. And yes the location could be better.
Disclaimer: I've had so much fun in the AT&T center and seen so much good basketball from "my" team that my opinion is hardly objective. :D:tu

austN Spur
04-23-2010, 03:34 PM
I thought the city of SA made the spurs put it on the east side to help the economy out over there. shit they should've put it on bandera rd

DesignatedT
04-23-2010, 03:38 PM
I thought the city of SA made the spurs put it on the east side to help the economy out over there. shit they should've put it on bandera rd

if i remember correctly the city and county couldn't agree on a location so it ended up there. I think the city of san antonio was aiming on putting it towards the quarry market or something but the county quickly shut that idea down.

Spursmania
04-23-2010, 03:55 PM

Fhs2cEKbgOI

:vomit:

kace
04-23-2010, 04:05 PM
funny thing honestly to display this vid before the game :lol

but i think that could only remind TP that his true skill is bball and so be more focused on the game. good thing.

Fpoonsie
04-23-2010, 04:37 PM
funny thing honestly to display this vid before the game :lol

but i think that could only remind TP that his true skill is bball and so be more focused on the game. good thing.

Good point.