PDA

View Full Version : The key to Laker success

Biggems
04-22-2010, 11:41 PM
is Pau Gasol........but Kobe is too much of a ball hog to notice. The Thunder cannot contain Gasol and his skillset. I still say Gasol is a huge bitch, but he is the most dangerous player for the Lakers when he is in there.

If the Lakers would run their offense through Gasol, and let him even play some point Center.....I think they would take complete control of this series, and roll through the playoffs.

I think Gasol, Bynum, and Odom could feed off each other and make do tons of damage with some high low offense. It would also open things up for Kobe, Fisher, Artest, and Brown.

DJ Mbenga
04-22-2010, 11:43 PM
the key to the lakers is making shots they are supposed to make. nothing to see here.

Giuseppe
04-22-2010, 11:44 PM
^Precisely.

Biggems
04-22-2010, 11:50 PM
disagree all you want, but just look at the post Shaq record before Gasol and then after Gasol arrived. Kobe would still be looking for his 4th ring if Gasol wasnt on the team.

he should have a bigger role in the team's offense

Ghazi
04-22-2010, 11:51 PM
and Gasol would be looking for his 1st playoff win if Kobe wasnt on the team

Just sayin.

himat
04-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Agree and disagree. Remember when Kobe was injured when the Celtics faced LA in the regular season?

No one could create. Gasol got punked down the stretch.

Kobe is still the key to LA. He needs to control the ball, but he needs to create for his teammates more than himself right now.

If Kobe creates room etc. for Gasol, Bynum, Odom, LA's going to be tough to beat.

spursfaninla
Kobe shot as much as the three other highest scoring players on his team COMBINED. He shot at a lower percentage than any of them: they ALL shot over 50%, and he shot 30% (slightly higher from 3pt.) He should be deferring much more.

mogrovejo
You needed 3 games to find that out?

It's been obvious before the start of the series that the problem for the Lakers would be the possibility that Kobe would just refuse to take a backseat, not play a minor role, but a different one: as the facilitator, not the scorer - they can tear OKC apart by pounding the ball inside to Gasol and Bynum. But Kobe hasnt' played intelligently all season so I doubt he starts now. It was different with Shaq, Shaq was a dominant player and personality, Kobe was a beta-male and a lower quality player next to Shaq.

Actually I remember arguing here months ago that the Lakers would need Kobe to adjust for the playoffs and some posters said he would. So far, I'm not seeing it.

MiamiHeat
04-22-2010, 11:55 PM
and Gasol would be looking for his 1st playoff win if Kobe wasnt on the team

Just sayin.

Gasol made the Grizzlies a playoff team

who did he have on that shitty franchise?

PG - Jason Williams
off the bench James Posey?

is that it?

LOL.

Jordan only won 1 playoff game in his first 3-4 seasons.

Pau Gasol is among the best PF's in the league. Don't be stupid.

Capt Bringdown
04-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Agreed.

mogrovejo
04-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Agree and disagree. Remember when Kobe was injured when the Celtics faced LA in the regular season?

No one could create. Gasol got punked down the stretch.

Kobe is still the key to LA. He needs to control the ball, but he needs to create for his teammates more than himself right now.

If Kobe creates room etc. for Gasol, Bynum, Odom, LA's going to be tough to beat.

Kobe is over-controlling the ball too. The biggest problem is that he's using too many possessions and the second one - a consequence of the first - is that he's using too much shot-clock himself. Too many seconds waster in Kobe dribbling around looking for an opportunity to put up a shot.

peteee
04-22-2010, 11:58 PM
is Pau Gasol........but Kobe is too much of a ball hog to notice. The Thunder cannot contain Gasol and his skillset. I still say Gasol is a huge bitch, but he is the most dangerous player for the Lakers when he is in there.

If the Lakers would run their offense through Gasol, and let him even play some point Center.....I think they would take complete control of this series, and roll through the playoffs.

I think Gasol, Bynum, and Odom could feed off each other and make do tons of damage with some high low offense. It would also open things up for Kobe, Fisher, Artest, and Brown.
gold truth.

Biggems
04-22-2010, 11:58 PM
You needed 3 games to find that out?

It's been obvious before the start of the series that the problem for the Lakers would be the possibility that Kobe would just refuse to take a backseat, not play a minor role, but a different one: as the facilitator, not the scorer - they can tear OKC apart by pounding the ball inside to Gasol and Bynum. But Kobe hasnt' played intelligently all season so I doubt he starts now. It was different with Shaq, Shaq was a dominant player and personality, Kobe was a beta-male and a lower quality player next to Shaq.

Actually I remember arguing here months ago that the Lakers would need Kobe to adjust for the playoffs and some posters said he would. So far, I'm not seeing it.

nope, ive known for quite some time...but i finally decided to post it. Kobe seems hell bent on being the man....if the ship makes it across the ocean, he is the captain that led it there....if the ship goes down, he will be the captain driving that boat headon into the iceberg.

milkshakeballa
04-23-2010, 12:01 AM
Kobe is over-controlling the ball too. The biggest problem is that he's using too many possessions and the second one - a consequence of the first - is that he's using too much shot-clock himself. Too many seconds waster in Kobe dribbling around looking for an opportunity to put up a shot.

THIS.

Fuck...they need to IMMEDIATELY iniate the tri on paus side. GIVE HIM TIME TO WORK. if they double they still have time to repost. they can swing and they still have time to work some options on the original weak side.

fuck.

depressed.

:depressed

milkshakeballa
04-23-2010, 12:01 AM
nope, ive known for quite some time...but i finally decided to post it. Kobe seems hell bent on being the man....if the ship makes it across the ocean, he is the captain that led it there....if the ship goes down, he will be the captain driving that boat headon into the iceberg.

qft

:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed

Biggems
04-23-2010, 12:02 AM

Steve Nash seems to be the best player in the league at dominating the possession as far as shot clock goes. He can dribble around for 5 seconds, 10 seconds, or 22 seconds and then find an open guy or find a quality shot. He is quite squirrelly like that.

Biggems
04-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Gasol and Bynum could be like Duncan and Robinson........but no.....Kobe is raping them of the opportunity cause he is a huge ball hog. The high/low game between the two big men would be basically unstoppable.

Actually, I feel it would work better with Odom and Gasol, cause you can interchange the two. They can both play high and then they can both play low. They would just give defenses fits.......especially with Kobe slashing to the goal for easy alley-oops, or layups, as he plays off the two big men.

itzsoweezee
04-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Kobe would rather lose as the main man on his team than win as the Lakers' second best player. Unfortunately for him and the Lakers, Gasol's the Lakers' MVP.