PDA

View Full Version : Good game OKC!

DazedAndConfused
04-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Solid win for the young team.

I penciled this one in as a loss, so I was a bit surprised to see LAL had a chance to win at the end. Good first half, poor second half. Kobe had a piss-poor 4th, Odom was non-existent, and the team continues to go away from their post game in favor of chucking 3's. Not a winning combination.

I wouldn't be surprised if this series goes the full 7 games. The Thunder are that kind of a team on their home floor and quite frankly they are one of the worst possible matchups for the Lakers in the Western Conference.

mavsfan1000
04-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Lakers in 5.

Thundaluva
04-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Well at least some Lakers fans know how to show up after a loss, where is lakaluva?

midnightpulp
04-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Worst possible matchup? Everyone and their second cousin, from sportwriters to even the most casual of fan, was saying this is the best possible matchup for the Lakers. The Thunder have absolutely no answer for Gasol and Bynum, yet the most overrated player in league history feels it necessary to take 11 3's and 29 total shots.

Lakers aren't playing a smart game against this team and are damn lucky they're not down 2-1.

Giuseppe
04-22-2010, 11:47 PM
^Countin' his 15 NBA World Championships.

Giuseppe
04-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Worst possible matchup? Everyone and their second cousin, from sportwriters to even the most casual of fan, was saying this is the best possible matchup for the Lakers. The Thunder have absolutely no answer for Gasol and Bynum, yet the most overrated player in league history feels it necessary to take 11 3's and 29 total shots.

Lakers aren't playing a smart game against this team and are damn lucky they're not down 2-1.

STFU and handle in order: The Mavs & The Suns.

Savvy?

midnightpulp
04-22-2010, 11:52 PM
STFU and handle in order: The Mavs & The Suns.

Savvy?

Your guys better get their heads out of their asses and start force feeding the post or this could turn out to be a very long series. The Fakeshow has one of the top 3 front lines in basketball while the Thunder have a bunch of scrubs (aside from Durant) and Kobe still takes 29 shots?

Laker fans just can't bring themselves to criticize the "Mamba."

Ghazi
04-22-2010, 11:53 PM
OKC doesnt deserve the soft label. they play good defense.

Giuseppe
04-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Your guys better get their heads out of their asses and start force feeding the post or this could turn out to be a very long series. The Fakeshow has one of the top 3 front lines in basketball while the Thunder have a bunch of scrubs (aside from Durant) and Kobe still takes 29 shots?

Laker fans just can't bring themselves to criticize the "Mamba."

Poppycock. We criticize Bryant all the time.

lil_penny
04-22-2010, 11:55 PM
good win okc:toast

midnightpulp
04-22-2010, 11:56 PM

They're not soft, but they have no front line. Every team that has a good post player has had success against the Thunder this year (Spurs, Lakers).

spursfaninla
04-22-2010, 11:59 PM
It is just incomprehensible. Kobe is mostly shooting jump shots too. What is the point when his finger is hurt and he has been shooting in the 30% range for the last few weeks?

Sure, Kobe should still have the ball in his hands, and should drive in the closing of close games to get to the ft line, but his taking more shots that the other 3 highest scoring players on his team, when shooting such a bad percentage, is crazy. Phil must be freaking out. I don't get why he didn't do something about it earlier.

DJ Mbenga
04-23-2010, 12:01 AM
i seriously do not know what it is about game 3's in the first round for the lakers. they cant win them. last time they won it was against the iverson led thuggets

mogrovejo
04-23-2010, 12:03 AM
It is just incomprehensible. Kobe is mostly shooting jump shots too. What is the point when his finger is hurt and he has been shooting in the 30% range for the last few weeks?

1 - The hurt finger is a fable. Dozens of guys with similar or worse injuries in the playoffs.

2 - He can't create better shots.

cobbler
04-23-2010, 12:03 AM
The Thunder have absolutely no answer for Gasol and Bynum, yet the most overrated player in league history feels it necessary to take 11 3's and 29 total shots.

...and yet that vaunted front line got outrebounded 53 - 39 by those scrubs with no answer for them. :lol

Killakobe81
04-23-2010, 12:08 AM
Great win. OKC Lakers in 5 still like others aid i thought we would lose by 10+ but win a close game 4 and 5 ...

If we lose game 4 then i will be worrried ...

namlook
04-23-2010, 12:11 AM
...and yet that vaunted front line got outrebounded 53 - 39 by those scrubs with no answer for them. :lol

LOL. Yeah those front line scrubs from OKC are terrible the way they dominated the Lakers bigs on the glass.

Great win. OKC Lakers in 5 still like others aid i thought we would lose by 10+ but win a close game 4 and 5 ...

If we lose game 4 then i will be worrried ...

Worried about what? The Lakers will not lose to OKC on their home floor and will likely win one on the road. Lakers in 5 or 6.

midnightpulp
04-23-2010, 12:13 AM

Do you understand the concept of shot attempts?

Shouldn't be too hard, but since you're a Kobe-slurper, you might not fully understand it. God knows he doesn't.

Edit: Oops, misread it as outscored.

Anyhow, Gasol and Bynum outboarded Green and Kristic to the tune of 22 to 8.

Try again.

mogrovejo
04-23-2010, 12:15 AM

Durant can't defend Gasol and Bynum.

duhoh
04-23-2010, 12:39 AM

i wasn't aware they had a soft label, unless if you're talking about the frontcourt.

moses finally shows up :downspin:

Fpoonsie
04-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Lakers in 6, but good on ya, OKC, for makin' 'em work for it.

RedsLakers24
04-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Didnt see the game, i was working, can someone please give me a quick review of the game?

RedsLakers24
04-23-2010, 12:56 AM
o shit, the lakers only shot 14 ft?, fuck i hate when the lakers shoot jumpshots

peteee
04-23-2010, 01:01 AM
o shit, the lakers only shot 14 ft?, fuck i hate when the lakers shoot jumpshots
genuine admission. :tu The Lakers can't win a game without refs subsidy. I used to think you were a treacherous sod who gives no care about integrity, now it seems I was wrong. Are you Mexican?

RedsLakers24
04-23-2010, 01:10 AM
genuine admission. :tu The Lakers can't win a game without refs subsidy. I used to think you were a treacherous sod who gives no care about integrity, now it seems I was wrong. Are you Mexican?

why would it matter if im Mexican?

peteee
04-23-2010, 01:18 AM
why would it matter if im Mexican?
You once said you were mexican on Spurstalk IIRC but I don't think you really are. I'm just curious.

I mean I've got a cousin who has troubles with his highschool Spanish classes. I think someone who speaks real good Spanish will be quite helpful for him, but don't know such a person and I'm even more illiterate than my cousin in Spanish. I think you may be kind enough to help him out and I'm pretty sure his parents will give you the best pay a temp can possibly get. I just have to make sure you do speak Spanish and speak it well.

milkshakeballa
04-23-2010, 01:26 AM

because of all the bricks kobe threw up....

Halberto
04-23-2010, 01:42 AM
1 - The hurt finger is a fable. Dozens of guys with similar or worse injuries in the playoffs.

2 - He can't create better shots.

I can't stand Kobe either, but I can't agree with this. It seems like you just hate the guy so much you can't be unbiased.

How do you know he's faking the finger injury? Assuming he is, are you saying he's doing it because he knows how far he's fallen? Top 5 players don't just lose their entire game in a matter of months without a physical handicap.

Also, who are these players you're referring to that have played through similar injuries the playoffs? And please, don't include Paul Pierce.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 07:48 AM
"It seems like you just hate the guy so much you can't be unbiased."

Truth.

ambchang
04-23-2010, 08:45 AM
LOL, Bynum, Gasol and Odom combined for 28 rebounds in a total of 96 minutes.

Kristic, Green, and Ibaka and Collison combined for 19 rebounds in 99 minutes.

The Lakers front court destroyed the OKC front court in rebounds, it's backcourt players like Westbrook and Durant who shifted the rebounding battle to OKCs way.

TampaDude
04-23-2010, 09:03 AM
LOL, Bynum, Gasol and Odom combined for 28 rebounds in a total of 96 minutes.

Kristic, Green, and Ibaka and Collison combined for 19 rebounds in 99 minutes.

The Lakers front court destroyed the OKC front court in rebounds, it's backcourt players like Westbrook and Durant who shifted the rebounding battle to OKCs way.

Durant was a rebounding machine last night. 17 of the 19 rebounds were defensive. He took away a lot of scoring chances for the Lakers.

LOL Lakers bench...LOL 14 points...LOL Lakers are deep...

Cry Havoc
04-23-2010, 09:40 AM
It's going to be pretty funny to watch Laker fan on the forum go into complete meltdown mode if OKC wins Game 4.

EDIT: Actually, it won't, because most of the frontrunning homers will just stop posting and hide. :lol

DazedAndConfused
04-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Not as funny as watching the Spurs get eliminated from the 1st round yet again and their franchise fall into oblivion.

The Thunder have a good chance to win Game 4 and it wouldn't surprise me in the least. They aren't winning this series though. No way do they steal one in LA, that simply won't happen.

Cane
04-23-2010, 11:07 AM
OKC came pretty damn close to winning the other games in LA so wasn't that much of a surprise that they won last night. They could come back in this series with the way Kobe and LA have been playing.

Ashy Larry
04-23-2010, 11:24 AM
you can't help but give props to the Thunder especially after they spotted the Lakers a dime sack.

Few points though:

1. Don't bitch and whine and complain about the free throw difference when one team is launching 3's like they're at Edwards Air Force Base and the other team is being aggressive. I get so damn tired of Laker fans constantly wearing the purple and gold glasses and not see shit for what it really is.

2. Learn to throw a fuckin' entry pass. It's a damn shame Bynum and Gasol had a combined 21 shots, made 61% of them and didn't get any more looks.

3. Someone put Lamar Odom's ass on the side of a milk carton.

4. Anyone who shoots another three without the ball going inside out needs to be benched.

5. And finally, put Artest on the damn box and make Durant work on the defensive end. Dude only has to play on one side of the court.

Chomag
04-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Lakers are going to win this no doubt but it's so fun watching how vulnerable they realy are.

Ashy Larry
04-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Lakers are going to win this no doubt but it's so fun watching how vulnerable they realy are.

not really ...... it's actually quite brutal

mogrovejo
04-23-2010, 11:31 AM
I can't stand Kobe either, but I can't agree with this. It seems like you just hate the guy so much you can't be unbiased.

I don't hate basketball players. Certainly not the one in a generation kind of player like Kobe.

How do you know he's faking the finger injury? Assuming he is, are you saying he's doing it because he knows how far he's fallen? Top 5 players don't just lose their entire game in a matter of months without a physical handicap.

Faking? He isn't faking anything. He has a facture at the base of the distal phalanx. Exact same injury Marquis Daniels have. I'd rather play on it than with knee arthritis or plantar fasciitis, to name two common injuries among NBA players that they generally play through. He didn't lose his entire game in a matter of months. He just had one of the best months of his career in March - 26/6/5, 48FG%, 34% from distance, great FT rate. Was his finger cured? Can't remember being announced he re-injured it later on. :rolleyes NBA players don't decline linearly. I've already explained this, can't repeat myself forever.

Also, who are these players you're referring to that have played through similar injuries the playoffs? And please, don't include Paul Pierce.

Why can't I include Paul Pierce? He won a Finals MVP playing on a bum knee, being drained and iced every day. NBA players - like any kind of elite athletes - aren't supposed to be healthy.