View Full Version : Kobe Bryant is done

mavs>spurs2
04-23-2010, 12:13 AM
:lmao 1-9? shooting in the 4th?

KD > Kobe it's official now

the torch has been passed

oh crap
04-23-2010, 12:15 AM
Durant came through big in crunch time!!

mogrovejo
04-23-2010, 12:16 AM
What torch?

MiamiHeat
04-23-2010, 12:16 AM
you are late.

Ghazi
04-23-2010, 12:18 AM
too much mamba hate tonight.

MiamiHeat
04-23-2010, 12:19 AM
too much mamba hate tonight.

you can't see it?

his body is don

mavs>spurs2
04-23-2010, 12:20 AM
What torch?

2nd best player in the league

the 1st place torch was passed to lebron about 3 years ago

cobbler
04-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Kobe shot a better % tonight than KD. KD just happend to hit his in the 4th where it matters. The very same thing Kobe has done for ages.

This game was not decided with offensive effeciency. It was won with Defense. The Thunder outhustled and defended much better than the Lakers in the 4th. You are never going to win getting outscored by 17 on the free throw line due to reaching D. Period!

cobbler
04-23-2010, 12:24 AM
The haters out in force after a Laker loss. Loving it! We shall see who has the last laugh.

Congrats to the Thunder and their fans!

midnightpulp
04-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Kobe shot a better % tonight than KD. KD just happend to hit his in the 4th where it matters. The very same thing Kobe has done for ages.

This game was not decided with offensive effeciency. It was won with Defense. The Thunder outhustled and defended much better than the Lakers in the 4th. You are never going to win getting outscored by 17 on the free throw line due to reaching D. Period!

Despite KD's poor shooting percentage, he had an overall efficient game because he got to line. Kobe didn't have a better TS% tonight or a PPS, which are better indicators of efficiency than raw FG.

And he's just a better player, as well.

ChrisRichards
04-23-2010, 12:25 AM
I said this a few months ago and people gave me a hard time. I stated Kobe wont even be a Top 10 player next season but he will get recognition based on credibility.

Bron, Durant are top two. Wade and CP3 will slug it out for the 3rd and 4th spot. After that you have Dwight, and then Melo, Brandon Roy and Deron Williams who are all entering a better peak in ther careers. Derrick Rose is also up and coming, so he's not out if the conversation. Other debateable players in that list are Dirk, Gasol, Nash and Stoudemire.

Seriously, without using Kobe's contributions as a measuring stick in the past but purely on his capability now versus the ability of other youner players, how can you even put him ahead of the first 10 players mentioned above?

midnightpulp
The haters out in force after a Laker loss. Loving it! We shall see who has the last laugh.

Cavs fans?

MiamiHeat
18 rebs, great defense by durant.

this is exactly what MJ used to do.

carry the load offensively, and then guard the other team's best player and shut him down.

KD, I am now a fan :)

mavs>spurs2
This game was not decided with offensive effeciency. It was won with Defense. The Thunder outhustled and defended much better than the Lakers in the 4th.

Yup, KD was d'ing kobe the fuck UP! That fadeaway he blocked was absolutely sick.

namlook
04-23-2010, 12:26 AM

Yes. OKC was desperate for a win and worked harder. The Lakers didn't need this game and didn't play with the same effort. End of story.

oh crap
04-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Kobe shot a better % tonight than KD.

go ahead and post the percentage difference. Please. :lmao

MiamiHeat
04-23-2010, 12:27 AM

are you trying to say Bryant will outplay Durant?

or that the Lakers will beat the Thunder in this series?

cause we already know the Lakers are a stacked team.
Durant only wishes he could trade places with Kobe on the Lakers.

namlook
04-23-2010, 12:29 AM

What grade are you in? You don't have elementary school math skills to do it yourself?

duhoh
04-23-2010, 12:29 AM
great win by KD.

but it was NOT won by kobe's poor shooting in the 4th. it was won by the big rebound disparity, even with LA's huge frontcourt.

mogrovejo
04-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Kobe made 24 points in 29 shots.

Durant made 29 points in 24 shots.

Nice symmetry.

cobbler
04-23-2010, 12:32 AM
are you trying to say Bryant will outplay Durant?

or that the Lakers will beat the Thunder in this series?

cause we already know the Lakers are a stacked team.
Durant only wishes he could trade places with Kobe on the Lakers.

Both when it's said and done. But I could care less which individuals outplay the others. I just want a win and title.

IMO Westbrook and Pau are the MVP's of their respective teams over the first 3 games. But again, I could care less.

itzsoweezee
04-23-2010, 12:33 AM
The best part was how KD just destroyed Kobe defensively. Meanwhile, any not named Thabo was scoring on Kobe at will.

mavs>spurs2
04-23-2010, 12:36 AM
where's lakaluva after tonights game?

karma's a bitch, guy

cobbler
04-23-2010, 12:37 AM

Durant 33%
Kobe 34%

So what. If you read my post in the game thread you will see my take on the game. The game was won with hustle and defense. Offensive effeciency had nothing to do with it. You canno't play reaching defense and allow a team to go to the line 34 -12 for a 17pt differential and win. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

cobbler
04-23-2010, 12:38 AM
The best part was how KD just destroyed Kobe defensively. Meanwhile, any not named Thabo was scoring on Kobe at will.

Thabo was 2-5 for 6 whopping points. At will? :lol

mavs>spurs2
04-23-2010, 12:40 AM
The game was won with hustle and defense. Offensive effeciency had nothing to do with it.

exactly, and KD owned kobe defensively, hence this thread

cobbler
Kobe made 24 points in 29 shots.

Durant made 29 points in 24 shots.

Nice symmetry.

Again... the difference was D. KD got 12 of those pts on 13 free throwa. Kobe got 0 free throws.

The lakers played terrible D resorting to reaching and swatting putting the Thunder on the line and OKC played tenacious team D and KD played great 4th qtr D on Kobe.

ChrisRichards
:lol@ your comprehension.

mavs>spurs2
04-23-2010, 12:41 AM

he said anyone NOT NAMED Thabo.

are you laker fans really this stupid?

DazedAndConfused
You're an idiot. His finger is fucked which is why his shooting percentage is fucked.

Once he gets surgery he'll be fine.

ChrisRichards

:rollin

cobbler
04-23-2010, 12:43 AM

My bad... I misread it. Please god forgive me...

peteee
04-23-2010, 12:44 AM
You're an idiot. His finger is fucked which is why his shooting percentage is fucked.

Once he gets surgery he'll be fine.
at least he won't be fine in the games to come in this series. I wish the Lakers the bests for next season.

mogrovejo
04-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Again... the difference was D. KD got 12 of those pts on 13 free throwa. Kobe got 0 free throws.

The lakers played terrible D resorting to reaching and swatting putting the Thunder on the line.

Your theory doesn't make much sense. You won't be better in every face of the game. The advantage the Lakers have over OKC is that they can get highly efficient shots every time they want and use that to make up for the aspect of the game where they aren't so good.

The Thunder outscored the Lakers 23-7 in the transition, even though the Lakers sacrificed rebounding to protect the break. But it makes no sense to say "oh, we lost this in the transition game".

You don't have good penetrators in your team. The only way to draw fouls is by pounding the ball inside. If you don't get fouls, you'll get very high shooting efficiency. You're getting none, for the reasons I explained well before the start of the series.

ChrisRichards
04-23-2010, 12:46 AM
Your theory doesn't make much sense. You won't be better in every face of the game. The advantage the Lakers have over OKC is that they can get highly efficient shots every time they want and use that to make up for the aspect of the game where they aren't so good.

The Thunder outscored the Lakers 23-7 in the transition, even though the Lakers sacrificed rebounding to protect the break. But it makes no sense to say "oh, we lost this in the transition game".

You don't have good penetrators in your team. The only way to draw fouls is by pounding the ball inside. If you don't get fouls, you'll get very high shooting efficiency. You're getting none, for the reasons I explained well before the start of the series.

And1

peteee
04-23-2010, 12:48 AM
even though kobe is done, I still don't see a decent chance for us to beat them in this series. After all we're down 1-2 and the Lakers have home court advantage, which means the crucial G 7 will be played in LA even if both teams win all their home games. superfluous but truthful, I don't see such a callow franchise like Thunder beating the defending champs who have so big a reservation of experience/talent/ambition...

mavs>spurs2
04-23-2010, 12:53 AM
^Rogue stay out of my thread brah

ezau
04-23-2010, 12:55 AM
It's not a long shot that KD can become a defensive monster. He's very long and he's almost seven feet tall. Though Kobe is long swingman, I have never seen anyone of KD's length to be that versatile. He's just like a young TMAC who has better defense. Anyways, this Thunder win means my vbookie cash gamble is still ok. Still, Lakers should put this away in five.

peteee
04-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Lakers just need to make a better use of the guys besides Kobe Bryant, then the Thunder are easily fucked as was originally supposed. Kobe is no longer the Senor. 81 so it's sheer infeasible to expect he will carry the team himself as he used to do. Thankfully Phil Jackson isn't a moron that only trusts his top 5 guys, so we often see the shitty likes of Josh Powell given meaningful minutes, which allows their top guys adequate resting. You have enough talents and a cerebral coach who knows how to avail the cards he has, so you don't need to tuck the whole team on Kobe's shoulders like how the Mavs use Dirk.

HarlemHeat37
04-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Have you guys ever visited LakersGround? I just started reading some of their threads for the first time, and it's like the bizzaro world LOL..everybody there thinks Stern hates the Lakers and the refs target them..shocking to say the least..

Of course I see 21_Blessings posting there, which should have been expected considering the apparent quality of the forum..Blessings claims Kobe was fouled on every single one of his shots in the 4th quarter other than the shots he was forced to take with the clock winding down..

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 01:01 AM
even though kobe is done, I still don't see a decent chance for us to beat them in this series. After all we're down 1-2 and the Lakers have home court advantage, which means the crucial G 7 will be played in LA even if both teams win all their home games. superfluous but truthful, I don't see such a callow franchise like Thunder beating the defending champs who have so big a reservation of experience/talent/ambition...

You're running a swell NBA farm team though. Be proud of that, sonny.

ezau
04-23-2010, 01:01 AM
LakersGRound? That's the most ridiculous place in the internet. 90 percent of the people there are bandwagon dipshits

mavs>spurs2
04-23-2010, 01:04 AM
You're running a swell NBA farm team though. Be proud of that, sonny.

this isn't a thread to talk bad about the thunder, there are plenty of other places to run smack. this thread is about the decline of Kobe Bryant.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 01:06 AM
^Just make sure to lay down again Vs the Spurs fellow.

jestersmash
04-23-2010, 01:07 AM
Have you guys ever visited LakersGround? I just started reading some of their threads for the first time, and it's like the bizzaro world LOL..everybody there thinks Stern hates the Lakers and the refs target them..shocking to say the least..

Of course I see 21_Blessings posting there, which should have been expected considering the apparent quality of the forum..Blessings claims Kobe was fouled on every single one of his shots in the 4th quarter other than the shots he was forced to take with the clock winding down..

These are the same fans who called the spurs the San Antonio $terns for years, somehow coming to a mind blowingly paradoxical conclusion that biasing a small market team is great for business and profit.

mavs>spurs2
04-23-2010, 01:08 AM
^Just make sure to lay down again Vs the Spurs fellow.

i'm sure when the time comes, there will be a mavs/spurs game 3 game thread.

this thread is about the decline of kobe bryant, and his passing the 2nd place torch to Kevin Durant.

Kevin Durant SINGLEHANDEDLY won this game in the 4th with his defense by completely making Kobe a non factor. I just find that amazing that a player in today's nba actually won a game with his defense.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 01:09 AM
These are the same fans who called the spurs the San Antonio $terns for years, somehow coming to a mind blowingly paradoxical conclusion that biasing a small market team is great for business and profit.

No, that was the Phoenix Suns fans who said that after the Amare/Diaw Fiasco.

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 01:10 AM
i'm sure when the time comes, there will be a mavs/spurs game 3 game thread.

this thread is about the decline of kobe bryant, and his passing the 2nd place torch to Kevin Durant.

Kevin Durant SINGLEHANDEDLY won this game in the 4th with his defense by completely making Kobe a non factor. I just find that amazing that a player in today's nba actually won a game with his defense.

& when Durant rings 4 times then he'll be Kobe's equal. Until then, he's just sellin' tickets and popcorn.

& he won't intrude.

mavs>spurs2
04-23-2010, 01:12 AM
& when Durant rings 4 times then he'll be Kobe's equal. Until then, he's just sellin' tickets and popcorn.

& he won't intrude.

you and i both know that there's more to it than ring count. nobody is saying that KD has surpassed Kobe career wise, but here in 2010, he is the better, more complete player. this was proven tonight in an epic performance for the ages.

ezau
04-23-2010, 01:12 AM
Durant is badass. I love his game and I love his attitude. He's easily my next favorite player after the Spurs' Big Three

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 01:13 AM
you and i both know that there's more to it than ring count. nobody is saying that KD has surpassed Kobe career wise, but here in 2010, he is the better, more complete player. this was proven tonight in an epic performance for the ages.

Poppycock. Pure & unadulterated style.

mavs>spurs2
04-23-2010, 01:14 AM
Poppycock. Pure & unadulterated style.

explain.

TD 21
04-23-2010, 01:15 AM
2nd best player in the league

the 1st place torch was passed to lebron about 3 years ago

It was Duncan who did the passing. The truth is Bryant was never the best player in the league. The media has built this nonsense up about him passing the torch to James. The reality is, post Jordan it went from O'Neal to Duncan to James. I guess it sounds better if two players who are more similar and more resemble the typical NBA superstar are involved.

I still think after an off season of rest and recovery and if the Lakers and he begin to accept the fact that he's old, has physical limitations and must have his work load and minutes managed from now on, he can return to around top five player status and like Duncan, still dominate in the playoffs. But the days of him being the clear cut second or third best player in the league are over. At this writing, Wade and Ginobili are easily the best shooting guard' in the league.

Gasol is easily the best player on the Lakers and will be for the remainder of the season. Unfortunately for the Lakers, Bryant will never accept this and Jackson doesn't have the balls nor the energy at his age to fight him on this and attempt to convince him to do what's best for the team. The most Jackson will do is take the odd verbal jab at him when talking to the media. So what's inevitably going to happen is Bryant's going to shoot them out of the playoffs, probably in the second or third round (depending on match-up). This is not to say he's the lone problem. For sure, the Lakers have myriad problems and we all know what they are, but they would be most successful at this stage if Bryant allowed Gasol and to a lesser extent, Bynum, to shoulder more of the load on offense.

mogrovejo
04-23-2010, 01:15 AM

I visited it during the finals 2 seasons ago. It was a superb experience that I will never forget. After game 1, the biggest thread was about how the rims in the Boston Garden were rigged because in their minds lots of Lakers shots were in'n'out while the C's ones were just swishing, so... they had used rims of different sizes. After dozens of posts, a guy who probably had an astronomical IQ relatively to his peers, asked "hey, I just thought about this... what about the half-time? In the second half we were shooting to the other rim and vice-versa...". There were some perplexed posts for a while until some other guy posted something like "yeah, their arena is brand new and they said they used lots of new technologies on it" followed by lots of "that must be it! RIGGED! CHEATERS!". That thread was kept alive'n'kicking till the game 4.

It was scary, hilarious and bizarre. Haven't been there in awhile, but that place is a great and accurate collective picture of the Lakers fans. Very representative of who they are.

alchemist
04-23-2010, 01:17 AM

Duncan passed the torch to Bron back in '07 :wakeup

ChrisRichards
04-23-2010, 01:18 AM
Kobe is a poor man's Joe Johnson right now.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 01:18 AM
"So what's inevitably going to happen is he's going to shoot them out of the playoffs, probably in the second or third round (depending on match-up)."

Better not go past that third round, otherwise we'll have rung the 16th and you'll be dead in the ground.

tee, hee.

Halberto
04-23-2010, 01:20 AM

He said anyone NOT named Thabo.

Man... tough time to be a laker troll in this forum right now.

mavs>spurs2
04-23-2010, 01:20 AM
"So what's inevitably going to happen is he's going to shoot them out of the playoffs, probably in the second or third round (depending on match-up)."

Better not go past that third round, otherwise we'll have rung the 16th and you'll be dead in the ground.

tee, hee.

..as if you guys have even a chance in HELL of beating the cavs in a 7 game series :rolleyes

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 01:21 AM
..as if you guys have even a chance in HELL of beating the cavs in a 7 game series :rolleyes

Ok, if we both get there I'll take that bet even up for $3,000.00. Are you in?

TD 21
04-23-2010, 01:22 AM
I don't think the Lakers have the energy nor the depth to make the finals. I wouldn't entirely rule it out, but I'd be surprised at this point. Even in the unlikely event they got there, I'd be shocked if they won the championship.

It's funny, in '08 people thought it was the end of the Spurs, Mavs and Suns ruling the West, yet one of those three will probably end up representing the West in the finals this year.

mavs>spurs2
04-23-2010, 01:23 AM
Ok, if we both get there I'll take that bet even up for $3,000.00. Are you in?

how can i hold you accountable?

ezau
It was Duncan who did the passing. The truth is Bryant was never the best player in the league. The media has built this nonsense up about him passing the torch to James. The reality is, post Jordan it went from O'Neal to Duncan to James. I guess it sounds better if two players who are more similar and more resemble the typical NBA superstar are involved.

I still think after an off season of rest and recovery and if the Lakers and he begin to accept the fact that he's old, has physical limitations and must have his work load and minutes managed from now on, he can return to around top five player status and like Duncan, still dominate in the playoffs. But the days of him being the clear cut second or third best player in the league are over. At this writing, Wade and Ginobili are easily the best shooting guard' in the league.

Gasol is easily the best player on the Lakers and will be for the remainder of the season. Unfortunately for the Lakers, Bryant will never accept this and Jackson doesn't have the balls nor the energy at his age to fight him on this and attempt to convince him to do what's best for the team. The most Jackson will do is take the odd verbal jab at him when talking to the media. So what's inevitably going to happen is Bryant's going to shoot them out of the playoffs, probably in the second or third round (depending on match-up). This is not to say he's the lone problem. For sure, the Lakers have myriad problems and we all know what they are, but they would be most successful at this stage if Bryant allowed Gasol and to a lesser extent, Bynum, to shoulder more of the load on offense.

This

namlook
I don't think the Lakers have the energy nor the depth to make the finals. I wouldn't entirely rule it out, but I'd be surprised at this point. Even in the unlikely event they got there, I'd be shocked if they won the championship.

It's funny, in '08 people thought it was the end of the Spurs, Mavs and Suns ruling the West, yet one of those three will probably end up representing the West in the finals this year.

The Lakers are still the best team in the West. Only three teams have a chance at a championship this season: Lakers, Cavs and Magic.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 01:24 AM

Well, fuck me, TD, you've completely covered your gorgeous ass no matter what we do in the playoffs.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 01:25 AM
The Lakers are still the best team in the West. Only three teams have a chance at a championship this season: Lakers, Cavs and Magic.

Yep, yep.

ezau
04-23-2010, 01:25 AM

ok

jestersmash
04-23-2010, 01:26 AM

Call me a blasphemer but if I were a betting man, I'd...bet on the suns.

Nash, Amare constitute the core. You've got the 3rd "big 3" guy in J-rich, and grant fucking hill at 50 years old still is capable of all star caliber games.

Truth be told, the Suns are arguably a more stacked/deeper team than the Lakers at the moment, especially with Kobe playing the way he is.

jestersmash
04-23-2010, 01:28 AM

This is the guy who thinks Kobe is playing better than Ginobili in the postseason.

ezau
04-23-2010, 01:31 AM
This is the guy who thinks Kobe is playing better than Ginobili in the postseason.

That's why namlook is a world-class imbecile

TD 21
04-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Well, fuck me, TD, you've completely covered your gorgeous ass no matter what we do in the playoffs.

I'm not stupid. None of these teams in the West are that imposing and a lot of them are close. I'm well aware that injuries, match-ups and biased officiating (wonder who's most likely to benefit from this?) could easily swing a series. So I'm not just going to flat out say "they're not making it past (insert a certain point)", but I will go on record as saying they're not winning the championship this season.

I'd feel more confident in saying they won't make it past a certain point if there was a team in the West that I was confident in making the finals. Honestly, it's difficult for me to picture any of the others ones there at this moment. But if the Spurs win these next two games, I'd strongly lean towards them.

InRareForm
04-23-2010, 01:43 AM
fuck the lakers

InRareForm
04-23-2010, 01:44 AM
Only three teams have a chance at a championship this season: Lakers, Cavs and Magic.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:rollin:rollin:rollin

Halberto
04-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Kobe is a poor man's Joe Johnson right now.

I would compare Kobe to TMac right now.

We all know he'll find his form again eventually, but it doesn't look like he'll get it back in time for the 2nd round.

ezau
04-23-2010, 01:50 AM
I would pick Joe Johnson over Kobe anytime at this point. Better shooter, better attitude, better player.

Halberto
04-23-2010, 01:52 AM
Yeah, seriously. I don't buy all the hype behind the Magic. They're a streaky 3-point shooting team and it's easy to break down Dwight. Mario goes into self-destruct mode easily, too.

cobbler
04-23-2010, 02:28 AM
He said anyone NOT named Thabo.

Man... tough time to be a laker troll in this forum right now.

And apparenty you didn't see my post 2 mins later where i said "my bad... I misread it". :toast

namlook
04-23-2010, 02:28 AM

Too bad I never said that. Learn to comprehend the written word before posting bullshit.

cobbler
04-23-2010, 02:29 AM
Yeah, seriously. I don't buy all the hype behind the Magic. They're a streaky 3-point shooting team and it's easy to break down Dwight. Mario goes into self-destruct mode easily, too.

It will be a Laker and Magic repeat in the finals.

namlook
04-23-2010, 02:30 AM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:rollin:rollin:rollin

The Cavs laughed last year too when they saw a playoff matchup with the Magic. It ended with the King stomping off the court like a petulant child and refusing to shake anyone's hand. :lmao

BRHornet45
04-23-2010, 02:33 AM
sons the dude just needs his ass beat that's all he really needs .... I'm talking a vicious, face stomping, beat down that would take him out of action for a good 6 months.

Halberto
04-23-2010, 02:40 AM
It will be a Laker and Magic repeat in the finals.

LOL you can only hope for that matchup again.

I don't blame Laker fans though, I can only imagine how it would feel if Shaq won his fifth ring against the Lakers.

milkshakeballa
04-23-2010, 02:44 AM
LOL you can only hope for that matchup again.

I don't blame Laker fans though, I can only imagine how it would feel if Shaq won his fifth ring against the Lakers.

:depressed:depressed:depressed

Would be VERY VERY difficult

admiralsnackbar
04-23-2010, 03:04 AM
Being worn ragged and being done are two entirely different things. Kobe is good right now, and he'll either push through the pain and remain good through the POs, or he'll get eliminated (dubious) before the Finals and come back great next year.

PJ has to manage his minutes better, and Kobe has to accept he needs to slow down in the regular season if he wants to make a PO run.

Fernando TD21
04-23-2010, 03:13 AM

I visited that site after the game. It's funny to see Kobe fans going against Lakers fans.
Didn't see 21_Blessings posts, but milkshakeballa was telling the truth here (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=109059&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25).:toast

pauls931
04-23-2010, 06:45 AM
Took a second to watch bits of this game during the Suns scoring bonanza. Kobe is definitely a different player. He can't create a shot for himself at any given time anymore.

poop
04-23-2010, 06:49 AM
will bump in a couple days when kobe puts up 45 :wakeup

Muser
04-23-2010, 06:53 AM
He's not done, he's just being a dumbass.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Took a second to watch bits of this game during the Suns scoring bonanza. Kobe is definitely a different player. He can't create a shot for himself at any given time anymore.

Game 2 withstanding, you O & 41 pile of you shit, you.

TampaDude
04-23-2010, 09:14 AM
KD is the real deal, folks! Hoping for a KD-LeBron finals someday. :hat

angelbelow
04-23-2010, 04:25 PM
I visited it during the finals 2 seasons ago. It was a superb experience that I will never forget. After game 1, the biggest thread was about how the rims in the Boston Garden were rigged because in their minds lots of Lakers shots were in'n'out while the C's ones were just swishing, so... they had used rims of different sizes. After dozens of posts, a guy who probably had an astronomical IQ relatively to his peers, asked "hey, I just thought about this... what about the half-time? In the second half we were shooting to the other rim and vice-versa...". There were some perplexed posts for a while until some other guy posted something like "yeah, their arena is brand new and they said they used lots of new technologies on it" followed by lots of "that must be it! RIGGED! CHEATERS!". That thread was kept alive'n'kicking till the game 4.

It was scary, hilarious and bizarre. Haven't been there in awhile, but that place is a great and accurate collective picture of the Lakers fans. Very representative of who they are.

sounds like quite the experience :lol

angelbelow
04-23-2010, 04:27 PM
I visited that site after the game. It's funny to see Kobe fans going against Lakers fans.
Didn't see 21_Blessings posts, but milkshakeballa was telling the truth here (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=109059&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25).:toast

not sure if it was the right move for milkshakeballa... he was called a fake laker fan for his post!

Kobe™
04-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Come June all of this will be dismissed and forgotten.

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Come June all of this will be dismissed and forgotten.

:lobt: :lobt2:

Smooth Criminal
05-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Foolish posters who thought Kobe was done!
Live and Learn, never count out the Mamba, ever

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 03:08 PM
I would pick Joe Johnson over Kobe anytime at this point. Better shooter, better attitude, better player.

Kobe is a poor man's Joe Johnson

:lmao :lmao

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Kobe's play vs. Boston will tell a lot..right now, he's feasting on bad defensive teams, doing what a top 5 player should do..

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Kobe's play vs. Boston will tell a lot..right now, he's feasting on bad defensive teams, doing what a top 5 player should do..

And if he beats Boston the LeBron crew will have no legs to stand on.

Kobe™
05-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Early bump 21, but good one nonetheless.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 03:44 PM
And if he beats Boston the LeBron crew will have no legs to stand on.

Why?..

timvpimp
05-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Kobe used to dominate the league a couple years ago when he could easily deviate the game with the only power of his own, like the miraculous 81-pt show. But he's never been like that in the recent 2 years, which is fair to say. Now he's more of a hyped hero instead of a real one he used to be. the current Kobe looks more like "superman" to me tbh, superman doesn't really exist, you know.

gmartin02
05-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Kobe used to dominate the league a couple years ago when he could easily deviate the game with the only power of his own, like the miraculous 81-pt show. But he's never been like that in the recent 2 years, which is fair to say. Now he's more of a hyped hero instead of a real one he used to be. the current Kobe looks more like "superman" to me tbh, superman doesn't really exist, you know.Did you watch the game tonight? If so you should rethink this (unless you are an idiot).

jmill
05-30-2010, 01:43 AM

Wow, this post is just brutal on a number of levels looking back. I mean damn.

namlook
05-30-2010, 02:36 AM
i would compare kobe to tmac right now.

:lmao

namlook
05-30-2010, 02:37 AM

Yeah. Manu is better. :lmao

namlook
05-30-2010, 02:38 AM

Great call there! :lmao

Ghazi
05-30-2010, 02:44 AM

well, looks like Boston will win it all.

tbh though, I can't say I thought they had it in them. I didn't. Who did, really?

Pelicans78
05-30-2010, 02:55 AM
I predicted Miami to beat Boston in the 1st round.

Killakobe81
05-30-2010, 04:45 AM
All kinds of idiot losers Posted in this thread ...

Now eat some crow ...

TheManFromAcme
05-30-2010, 10:09 AM
All kinds of idiot losers Posted in this thread ...

Now eat some crow ...

:hungry:

I'll send them their utensils Killa...

JamStone
05-30-2010, 11:33 AM
TD 21 is very amusing in this thread.

TampaDude
05-30-2010, 02:03 PM

LOL fail... :lol