PDA

View Full Version : Butler=Josh Howard

BigBinBigD
04-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Poor shot selection, low PER, cringe-worthy step-back J, decent defense OCCASIONALLY. I was hoping he was better than what he is. Nope. Mavs fans think I'm crazy, "Just because of one bad game?" Game 1 he was 8-19 with 5 TO's and 1 assist. That's his good game?

With the Spurs healthier this year, Dallas is really no diff from last year. I don't see this turning out well. And no, I'm not trolling. S.A. looks damn tough.

Duncan21kid
04-23-2010, 10:15 AM
GTFO mavfan
Fuck you and your trolling

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2010, 10:15 AM
He's a Wizard at heart.

On a serious note, though, this game will decide the tenor of the series from here on out. I'm worried about Dirk having a breakout game--he's not gonna shoot that poorly again. Same goes for Terry. Also, are the officials going to reward Manu's flops or Dirk's?

A lot riding on this one right here.

BronxCowboy
04-23-2010, 10:18 AM
GTFO mavfan
Fuck you and your trolling

:lol

BronxCowboy
04-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Poor shot selection, low PER, cringe-worthy step-back J, decent defense OCCASIONALLY. I was hoping he was better than what he is. Nope. Mavs fans think I'm crazy, "Just because of one bad game?" Game 1 he was 8-19 with 5 TO's and 1 assist. That's his good game?

With the Spurs healthier this year, Dallas is really no diff from last year. I don't see this turning out well. And no, I'm not trolling. S.A. looks damn tough.

I think this series from here on out is riding on who plays better defense. This is where Butler really can helps the Mavs if he focuses his efforts on that end of the floor. Mavs better hope he gets the Wizards out of his system, and Spurs better hope he doesn't.

BigBinBigD
04-23-2010, 10:23 AM
You're right, this is the game that'll probably decide the series. But Terry's been a disappointment all year. Dirk will be somewhere between game 1 and 2. Maybe 30 on 20 shots. Never seen him miss so many easy looks as game 2.

And screw yourself D21punk. I said I wasn't trolling. Not EVERY non-Spur fan here is a di(k-head.

SpurCharger
04-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Josh Howard was A Spur Killer...... He always played well against us..... Caron has played ok, But He hasnt Dominated a game Against the Spurs Like Howard used to...

Bartleby
04-23-2010, 10:32 AM
You're right, this is the game that'll probably decide the series. But Terry's been a disappointment all year. Dirk will be somewhere between game 1 and 2. Maybe 30 on 20 shots. Never seen him miss so many easy looks as game 2.

Terry was the best Mav on the floor in game 2, but yeah, Dirk will probably bounce back and have a big game tonight.

For the Spurs, I'm hoping for somebody outside the big 3 to step up, as Jefferson did in the first half of game 2.

Typically your bench/role players tend to play better at home in the playoffs, so I see guys like Hill and Blair being the X factor for the Spurs tonight.

Spursmania
04-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Yeah, Smokey loved playing against the Spurs. Butler has a lot of Wizard in him still. Smokey was more lethal against us. I think Dirk will have a hell of a night and will shoot lights out. We need Jefferson to play like he did in Game 2. He can't disappear.

I agree that the Spurs must win tonight because whoever wins this game will inevitably win the series.

dastrey
04-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Josh Howard was A Spur Killer...... He always played well against us..... Caron has played ok, But He hasnt Dominated a game Against the Spurs Like Howard used to...

Correct. Josh Howard would always tear us apart. Caron is another dime a dozen wing player. He can get hot, but he is a volume shooter for the most part.

Wombatzu
04-23-2010, 10:59 AM
You're right, this is the game that'll probably decide the series. .

the only way this series will be decided in the next two games is if one of the teams gets both SA games and takes a 3-1 lead.

TJastal
04-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Gooden tore us apart on the o-boards earlier this year too, i think he had a vendetta against pop not playing him the year before

At least for the spurs sake, it certainly seems like howard/gooden was > haywood/butler

nkdlunch
04-23-2010, 11:30 AM
That's Butler right there. Dude is a hero one day and a zero the next. Kinda like Josh Howard except Josh would be a spurs killer. Butler has yet to prove he is a spurs killer.

And don't get me started with Brenda Haywood, dude is soft, bad defender and weak offensive player. I been telling mavfan from the first time I heard of the trade, Dampier > Haywood

jimo2305
04-23-2010, 01:52 PM
yea butler's as inconsistent as they come sometimes.. lets just hope he doesn't catch that fire again while we're still in this series..

Muser
04-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Butler has always been inconsistent, no surprises.

DesignatedT
04-23-2010, 02:02 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/21mdhn6.gif

04-23-2010, 02:04 PM
you wish butler was josh howard. he'd be averaging 25 points through 50 FG% against the spurs right now.

NFGIII
04-23-2010, 02:06 PM
I think this series from here on out is riding on who plays better defense. This is where Butler really can helps the Mavs if he focuses his efforts on that end of the floor. Mavs better hope he gets the Wizards out of his system, and Spurs better hope he doesn't.

Agreed. It's all about the D. And it looks like the Spurs have finally got it together. Their D in game 2 was great a9except for that 4th Q run by the Mavs) and if they had not turned the ball over like they did in game 1 they might be up 2-0. I said might because Dirk was just unbelieveable in game 1.

As for Bulter being = to Howrd that reminds undecided. So far the answer should be no since Howard would have had two very good to great games by now. He just liked to play well against the Spurs. Don't know why. Maybe deep down inside he felt slighted by the FO when they passed on him back in '03. I have always felt that that wsa a mistake by the FO. He would have been a great addition to the Spurs and maybe a key piece that lead to a 3peat.

Whisky Dog
04-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Butler had the rap in Washington of making good moves then blowing easy close shots. He's carries that with him so far.