PDA

View Full Version : Controlling the game

Spurs7794
04-23-2010, 10:24 AM
This might sound obvious or silly but I think a HUGE key for us is to control the game. Basically put the Mavs on their heels. In our last 3 playoff meetings with them since 06, we have controlled exactly 2 games...game 2 of this year and game 2 of last year. All the other games, the games were really close and we never had real control. And last years game, Dallas didn't really care because they had games 3 and 4 at home.

It always feels like Dirk hits everything on us because we never put the Mavs in a hole where they have to play desperate which is not when they are at their best. They always dictate tempo against us and we match down to them. But game 2 of this series, we controlled and put the pressure on the Mavs to come back and for the first time in a long time in a Mavs-Spurs game, Dirk looked uncomfortable and like there was doubt in his game. That is a huuuuge thing and a major reason I was so happy with game 2. It seems like the Spurs dictate tempo against every team except for the Mavs in the last 4 years. That is the major key to this series, I believe...if the Spurs can control the tempo of the game.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Word.