PDA

View Full Version : Spurs may spell doom for Mavericks

in2deep
04-23-2010, 12:31 PM
http://www.nypost.com/rw/SysConfig/WebPortal/nypost/images/nyp_logo_230x32.png (http://www.nypost.com/) Updated: Fri., Apr. 23, 2010, 12:50 PM

Spurs may spell doom for Mavericks

By PETER VECSEY
Last Updated: 12:50 PM, April 23, 2010
Posted: 4:56 AM, April 23, 2010
You know what Pat Riley says . . . a playoff series doesn't begin until Mark Cuban loses his mind at home.
After 83 games, it was nice of Richard Jefferson to return to the living for at least one half. Sources say the Spurs are trying to buy him out of next season's contract before he bombs in Game 3.
Muscle along the beach front and the game's measured pace has shrunk Shawn Marion's effectiveness. After scoring 42 points in his last five games of the regular season -- 21 in one, 21 combined in the other four -- he has a total of 15 (6-for-17 field goals and four free throws) in 53 minutes in the first two games of this series. The Matrix is lookin' like a mattress.
The Mavericks' pick-and-roll defense in their Game 2 loss was shaky and all over the map. Then, in the fourth quarter, the Spurs went to Tim Duncan, looking especially spry for this time of year, and that strategy worked wonders, too. Only when Jason Terry broke free in the open court and a 20-point lead was sliced to five in the fourth did Dallas Do Debbie.
A little while later, following several exchanges of baskets, Rick Carlisle called a timeout. TNT's sideline courier of conversations provided this enlightening information: "Rick told his players, 'Our offense is fine, but we've got to start making stops at the defensive end.' "
I almost have more respect for the guy who gave Osama bin Laden the microphone for his first Al Qaeda video than the dope who created this useless and incessantly annoying occupation of flatline reporter.
The pendulum may have swung seriously in favor of the Spurs if Tony Parker's performance means he's back. Last time Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Parker were healthy simultaneously in the playoffs was 2007.
I'm not sayin' . . . I'm just sayin'!
It may be treasonous, but I'm rooting for Argentina in the World Championship and the Olympics as long as Ginobili represents.

Brendan Haywood must have been Gilbert Arenas's best friend on Cellblock Wizards. Did you see him yuckin' and yackin' at Antonio McDyess after he blocked his corner jumper?
Can't get enough of the NFL Draft . . . or, as Jets management refers to it, work release.
[email protected]

NEW YORK POST is a registered trademark of NYP Holdings, Inc.
nypost.com , nypostonline.com , and newyorkpost.com are trademarks of NYP Holdings, Inc.
Copyright 2010 NYP Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy (http://www.nypost.com/f/print/sports/more_sports/spurs_may_spell_doom_for_dallas_EKI6sP63zQDGXDj3FS vDWI#) | Terms of Use (http://www.nypost.com/f/print/sports/more_sports/spurs_may_spell_doom_for_dallas_EKI6sP63zQDGXDj3FS vDWI#)

Blackjack
04-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Even the guy's writing is obnoxious . . .

honestfool84
04-23-2010, 12:39 PM
wow.. talk about writing all over the place. he couldn't seem to gather his thoughts.

that's like basic elementary writing..........screwed up.

Phenomanul
04-23-2010, 12:39 PM
I didn't know Vescey suffered from ADD... at least he's always been one to give the Spurs their due.

Velo
04-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Hated him on NBC, hate him in journalism. If I see him on the street, I'ma gunna paunch hem ina his noseh.

admiralsnackbar
04-23-2010, 01:23 PM
I think he must be a full-blown drunk.

EMS33
04-23-2010, 01:26 PM
That was some horrible writing.... This guy is supposed to be a professional?

DesignatedT
04-23-2010, 01:26 PM
vescey is a joke

xellos88330
04-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey.... he stole my article!

Only I can write that incoherently and know what it means.

DAMN YOU VECSEY!!!

Mark in Austin
04-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Vecsey jumped the shark about a decade ago when he was nothing more than (bad) comic relief on the NBA on NBC's halftime show.

Whisky Dog
04-23-2010, 02:46 PM
:lmao
Vecsey

I kept hearing the little drum and cymbal hits and the words "Bada bing!" after every bad joke attempt

RedRaider
04-23-2010, 02:47 PM
I think my 2 year old nephew wrote this and Vecsey stole it. Terrible writing.

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-23-2010, 03:07 PM
that tothrow guy came to mind as i read this crap

Velo
04-23-2010, 03:39 PM
IIRC he was doing all the East Coast Games (Knicks, Bulls, etc.) with his "Pre-sodomy days" partner Marv Albert. Even when I was a kid, his commentary was annoying.

jimo2305
04-23-2010, 04:26 PM
lol i met peter vecsey when i worked at the westin la canetera.. i served him a burger and stuff.. and i fetched him a local news paper.. good tipper too..

he's a cool guy lol.. not many ppl recognized him there but me being the sports head we chatted a bit about basketball

he's not an ass like alot of ppl would think him to be lol..