PDA

View Full Version : Splitter to Spurs Reports Tubasket

Duncan2177
04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
http://www.tubasket.com/noticiaDetail/verArticulo/acb/acb/caja/laboral/intenta/fichar/perovic/no/fesenko/51913

lefty
04-23-2010, 12:53 PM
We don't need him anymore :D

nkdlunch
04-23-2010, 12:54 PM
done deal

lefty
04-23-2010, 12:56 PM
So when are we trading him to Houston?

duncan228
04-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Some conversation about this article here.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151757

Mel_13
04-23-2010, 01:03 PM
The article says that his current club is preparing for his possible departure.

Discussed here:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151757

Edit: Slower than D228 as usual.

Interrohater
04-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Sigh... if only... I will reserve my excitement until his first regular season game in uniform.

who am I kidding? I'm sure I'll get hyped as soon as I see him holding up a jersey on the front page of spursdotcom

nkdlunch
04-23-2010, 01:26 PM
The article says that his current club is preparing for his possible departure.

wrong.

"El Baskonia ya tiene asumido la marcha de Tiago Splitter a los San Antonio Spurs."

that translates to Baskonia has already concluded that Tiago is going to San Antonio.

Libri
04-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath.

Uh oh, you must have some inside information. :stirpot:

pjjrfan
04-23-2010, 02:05 PM
I read it as his current club has no hope that he is coming back to them and will probably join the Spurs. They have resigned themselves to that fact. Then they throw in a warning that a lot of young euro talent that is taken by the NBA never get a chance to grow, as the case of Fesenko, who in 3 years has played in 28 games. So they are going to make a play for perovic, and even that is still iffy.

Mel_13
04-23-2010, 02:06 PM
wrong.

"El Baskonia ya tiene asumido la marcha de Tiago Splitter a los San Antonio Spurs."

that translates to Baskonia has already concluded that Tiago is going to San Antonio.

Your translation agrees with my post.

Thanks.

NFGIII
04-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Sigh... if only... I will reserve my excitement until his first regular season game in uniform.

who am I kidding? I'm sure I'll get hyped as soon as I see him holding up a jersey on the front page of spursdotcom

Agreed. With this particular FO it's probably a good idea to wait and see. But my gut feeling is he is coming over and I'm excited.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath.

I'm still blue in the face over Scola. I was waiting for him for almost 5 years. Though I think he is coming - that's my heart specking - my brain will accept when I see it. I've been disappointed before and don't want to go through that again

nkdlunch
04-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Your translation agrees with my post.

Thanks.

disagree.

preparing for his possible departure

is very different from

concluding Tiago Splitter is going to Spurs

Dex
04-23-2010, 02:20 PM
:lmao People aren't even happy with good news these days.

Nobody knows yet if Splitter's game is going to translate to the NBA. But the sooner he gets here, the sooner we'll find out.

Nobody knew if Scola was going to translate to the NBA either, and look how that turned out.

Mel_13
04-23-2010, 02:29 PM
disagree.

Well, we do disagree.

This article, along with other recent articles, reports that Baskonia is preparing for his possible departure.

The President of Baskonia has expressed hope that Splitter will stay. Splitter has made no public statements other than to say that he will decide after the Spanish League season is over. The Spurs have made no announcement other than that Splitter is a "priority" for the summer.

No buyout has been paid. No contract has been signed.

There is more reason to be optimistic about Splitter joining the Spurs than in previous summers, but it is still no more than a possibility and is certainly not a fact. I'll wait until we have a public statement from the player, his agent, or one of the teams.

nkdlunch
04-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Well, we do disagree.

This article, along with other recent articles, reports that Baskonia is preparing for his possible departure.

The President of Baskonia has expressed hope that Splitter will stay. Splitter has made no public statements other than to say that he will decide after the Spanish League season is over. The Spurs have made no announcement other than that Splitter is a "priority" for the summer.

No buyout has been paid. No contract has been signed.

There is more reason to be optimistic about Splitter joining the Spurs than in previous summers, but it is still no more than a possibility and is certainly not a fact. I'll wait until we have a public statement from the player, his agent, or one of the teams.

agree with that. I was just commenting on the content of the article. According to the article Baskonia beleives Splitter to Spurs is as good as done.

clubalien
04-23-2010, 04:36 PM
with ian as the main scoreing big man and splitter as the defenseive center

this might free up the possibility of trading tim in a sign and trade for lebron or another star player

TIMMYD!
04-23-2010, 06:39 PM

this might free up the possibility of trading tim in a sign and trade for lebron or another star player

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/rcbaker87/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

TheSullyMonster
04-23-2010, 06:52 PM

Haha, what?:lol

slick'81
04-23-2010, 06:57 PM
come on down big man