PDA

View Full Version : Shut down everyone but Dirk= WIN

MADTOBY
04-23-2010, 01:59 PM
It seems to me that if we can just keep everyone else in check it doesnt make a shit what Dirk does in Game 3.

Let him go for 50 or 60 points. If no one else plays worth a damn, we will kill the mavs. :ihit

GO SPURS GO!

:downspin::flag::flag::flag::downspin:

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

Muser
04-23-2010, 02:00 PM
You just need to play Dirk like you did in game 2.

DesignatedT
04-23-2010, 02:01 PM
dirk will get his

peskypesky
04-23-2010, 02:03 PM
we also need to knock that prick jason terry on his ass early.

elec99
04-23-2010, 02:12 PM
I agree with Muser, play him like in game 2. Do the creep defense, keep him guessing if anyone is actually gonna rush at him or not. he says he'll be ready for it and he may well be, but for now it's working.

But much like the lakers, if everyone is involved then you just cant beat them, let kobe or dirk have theirs but this doesnt mean you stop playing D on him. You still have to make it tough for him to score.

Also, he picked up two quick fouls last time. I dont know if that was in the game plan or not but I'd like to see if we can do that again w/o taking us out of our offensive game plan.

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2010, 02:25 PM
attack the rim and get to the ft line...

#2!
04-23-2010, 03:18 PM
I disagree with the notion of playing Dirk the same way as in Game 2. I believe, while trying to play him single coverage when possible w/ Dice, the Spurs should run more double teams at Dirk tonight. The game is on the road, and the spurs should switch to throwing a few fake doubles at Butler but try putting the spotlight on him. First road playoff game with his new team, even if he evens out eventually he'll probably be a little jittery.

Make sure Terry's, and Kidd's shots are closed out on if they are being sagged off of.

jimo2305
04-23-2010, 03:45 PM
i agree with this thread..

Stringer_Bell
04-23-2010, 03:57 PM
I agree, conceptually, with not allowing other players to beat us. Dirk is a freak, he will score...we need to discourage and frustrate the other Mavs. However, they are streaky and can make us hurt at any point in the game.

Stay vigilant and stay tough! Also, I love how TP showed us during the last game that he still has the ability to get us out of shooting funks while the other team makes a run...his shots are the equivalent of saying "STFU!" to the other team.

Let's get it!!!!

kace
04-23-2010, 04:06 PM
"each game has his own truth". don't know if the transaltion from the french really works, but you've got the point i guess.