PDA

View Full Version : Chauncey Billups on George Karl's visit

duncan228
04-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Hope it's a sign that Karl is feeling okay. Wish him the best.

Chauncey Billups on George Karl's visit (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/15349/chauncey-billups-on-george-karls-visit)
By Kevin Arnovitz

Chauncey Billups spoke to the media at shootaround on Friday at Energy Solutions Arena about George Karl's visit to Nuggets' practice on Thursday in Denver:

It was good to see him. It would good to see him out of the house and around and moving around a little bit. He looked great. Looked like he had some energy. It was just good to see ... When you see somebody going through something like that, you can't help but to not think about any of the things you have going on in your own life. I think, "It could be a lot worse."

On whether Karl's being at practice signals whether he'd be back for the conference semifinals:

Honestly, I don't even think about when and if George can come back. I'm more concerned with his getting healthy. Life goes on. We'll live with next season if that's when he can come back. I don't really think about him making it back this year. I'm just worried about his getting healthy to be honest.

Billups was then asked what message Karl had for the team:

It wasn't even like that. He just came, hung around a little bit, then left.

On what kind of adjustment the team has to make without Karl on the sidelines:

It's a huge adjustment when you don't have your leader, when you don't have your voice that you always hear, who is always going to lead you through any situation you've been in. It's difficult, but at the same time, we knew that was coming ... I think [acting head coach Adrian Dantley] is doing a great job of kind of conveying the same kind of messages that [Karl] would have.

pauls931
04-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Great to hear he's getting along. I used to despise him when he coached the Sonics, but he's ok to me now. Especially having the deal with the players he has to who probabaly have more severe mental illness than his own cancer.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 04:05 PM
& it was very decent and so American to grant Karl's son a place at the table.