PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Recall Gee And Jerrells

ace3g
04-23-2010, 04:42 PM
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs announced today that they have recalled guard/forward Alonzo Gee and guard Curtis Jerrells from the Austin Toros, the NBA Development League team owned and operated by the Spurs.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3997259

I guess they wanted both Gee and Jerrells with the team during the playoffs, so they can get some extra work in with the team during shoot arounds.

DesignatedT
04-23-2010, 04:46 PM
hmm interesting. are the toros still in the playoffs or whatever? or is that over?

pad300
04-23-2010, 04:46 PM
The Toros are done for the season, having lost their playoff semi-finals series 2-1 to the Rio Grande Vipers. There wasn't anything else for them to do down there...

ChumpDumper
04-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Well the Toros' season is over, so it's just a formality.

They were one play away from making the finals, but Jerrells got called for an offensive foul on a drive to the basket in the final seconds.

DesignatedT
04-23-2010, 04:47 PM
word. makes sense.

cd98
04-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Spurs probably need some practice players.

xellos88330
04-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Would they even be able to play in the playoffs? I am hazy on the rules regarding this.

NFGIII
04-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Nothing like getting a taste of things to come.

Good experience for them.

ChumpDumper
Would they even be able to play in the playoffs? I am hazy on the rules regarding this.I believe the league changed the rules to make them eligible.

EricB
Just with the team for the experience and practice time with the team. Hopefully gee usues it to his full advantage. I like him alot.

NFGIII
04-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Well the Toros' season is over, so it's just a formality.

They were one play away from making the finals, but Jerrells got called for an offensive foul on a drive to the basket in the final seconds.

CD - I didn't see the game so was that the correct call and if so what was your feelings about how they performed under the pressure of the POs?

slick'81
04-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Just with the team for the experience and practice time with the team. Hopefully gee usues it to his full advantage. I like him alot.

he looked good in dc this season next season maybe he gets his shot for sa

The Truth #6
04-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Someone has to get the donuts.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2010, 05:31 PM
CD - I didn't see the game so was that the correct call and if so what was your feelings about how they performed under the pressure of the POs?Probably not the kind of call I'd make, but they were calling those kind of unevenly all game, so it was a possibility.

I think they both did fine offensively. Jerrells shot particularly well from the arc and had a ridiculous 2pt percentage against the Vipers. Gee was hot or cold from outside but was close to unstoppable around the basket.

Defensively, I thought they kind of sucked. They both gave up the middle way too often, especially considering they usually played with no big man to anchor the defense. Jerrells always seemed a step behind Will Conroy and Jonathan Wallace as they were always turning the corner on him. Gee actually averaged a couple of Hairston-like blocks in the series but the similarities end there. Transition defense for the whole team was pretty poor. Eddie Basden was the only guy who really distinguished himself defensively. If we didn't have so many guards already on the roster, I'd think about giving him a look. His outside shooting is vastly compared to his stint in the NBA and his rebounding in the playoffs while masquerading as a big man was excellent.

xellos88330
04-23-2010, 05:56 PM
I believe the league changed the rules to make them eligible.

Thanks for the info! :toast