PDA

View Full Version : Jevan Snead Draft Watch

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 08:31 PM
I know we're all anxiously awaiting the drafting of the great and beloved Jevan "lol" Snead.

Where will he go? 5th round? 6th? He's gonna be a great clipboard holder for the next 10 years, I can't wait to see him get drafted :hungry:

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Colt just went!

That means there's maybe only 4-5 more QB's that will be picked before the great Jevan Snead!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-23-2010, 08:36 PM
The Patriots have 5 7th rounders. I'm sure he's on their radar.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-24-2010, 03:39 PM
We're about to see if anyone

http://myrtlebeachbum.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/top_gun_maverick_tom_cruise_suited.jpg

Has a need for Snead!

monosylab1k
04-24-2010, 11:46 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao!

monosylab1k
04-24-2010, 11:47 PM
zac robinson > jevan snead tbh. :lmao

monosylab1k
04-24-2010, 11:49 PM
:lmao before the season he was projected as a 1st rounder.

20 interceptions later he goes undrafted :lmao

hot damn this is hilarious.

monosylab1k
04-24-2010, 11:49 PM
lol ole piss

monosylab1k
04-24-2010, 11:51 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/384004-2010-nfl-draft-jevan-sneads-decision-to-go-pro-not-salvaged

:lmao

2010 NFL Draft: Jevan Snead's Decision To Go Pro Not Salvaged

Former Ole Miss Quarterback Jevan Snead’s decision to forgo his senior year in Oxford and enter the NFL draft was panned from the get-go by almost every major national analyst.

Turns out, they were right.

While I did not agree with Snead’s decision and obviously felt another year in the SEC could rehabilitate his draft stock, I thought doomsday predictions of his going undrafted were preposterous.

Turns out, I was wrong.

As the seventh and final round of the NFL draft on Saturday edged closer to completion with every pick, the sobering reality of Snead’s decision was laid bare.

For all the measurables and well-reviewed performances at both the combine and the Ole Miss Pro Day, Snead failed to convince those he needed to that—when the time came—he could make the right choice.

On the field, Snead’s play never recovered from the blitzkrieg Ole Miss found waiting in Columbia, South Carolina, on a nationally-televised, Thursday night game on ESPN last September.

Off the field, Snead’s image never recovered either.

After leading Ole Miss to an unexpected thumping of No. 8 Texas Tech in the 2008 Cotton Bowl, Snead’s stock could not have been much higher.

In April of last year, CBSSports.com’s Pete Prisco wrote a column making the case that Snead would be the No. 1 overall pick.

Todd McShay—of Scouts, Inc. and ESPN fame—graded Snead in the 90s and pegged him as a first rounder.

The venerable Mel Kiper had Snead in the Top 10 on his preseason big board.

All for the same draft that never heard the name of Jevan Snead called once in 255 opportunities.

Snead’s 2009 campaign—in microcosm—mirrored that of the Ole Miss Football Team: missed opportunities and unexpected struggles.

The Rebels were ranked fourth in the nation the night they played the Gamecocks, and the loss brought a virtual public stoning from the greater college football audience.

In every article written dogging the Rebels as frauds a picture of Jevan Snead was prominently featured.

Snead was the face for the Rebels’ fortunes as they turned south, and though the team bounced back for a 9-4 year and Top 25 ranking—the second in a row with Snead as quarterback—his public perception was never revised.

Truthfully, maybe Snead did not do enough on the field to earn such leniency. Too many forced throws and too many interceptions left too many negative images for anyone to feel anything but disappointment when thinking of Jevan Snead.

After going undrafted this weekend, I cannot help but feel anything but disappointment for Jevan Snead.

Snead is now—once again—a poster boy, and for something else he never saw coming.

He will forever be a cautionary tale; someone others will point to when debating the value of advice received and from whom, of turning down good opportunities in expectation of grander ones, and—most assuredly—of really bad choices.

The road from undrafted free agent to NFL starting quarterback is a long and improbable one, and statistics tell us that we have probably seen the last of Jevan Snead playing football on TV.

Here’s hoping Snead overcomes those odds in a way he just never could the list of objections NFL teams carried into their war rooms this draft weekend.

monosylab1k
04-24-2010, 11:52 PM
should have stayed at Texas, tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-24-2010, 11:52 PM
I just snorted 40 milligrams of aderrol and shotgunned 5 beers to pregame for a party. I have one thing to say before I get fucked up beyond belief

lol Snead

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-24-2010, 11:53 PM
I guess we will see in the next month if anyone has a need for Snead!

monosylab1k
04-24-2010, 11:53 PM
dirk4mvp isn't gonna want to go to the sidelines and talk to the ollllllllllllllllll ball coach efter det one.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-24-2010, 11:54 PM
I can't wait to go the NFL!

Not so fast my friend!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Yew Jess kent dew tengkkkks like det

Whisky Dog
04-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Should have come out after the '08 season. He may have busted but at least he would have gotten paid.

Difference between Jamarcus Russell and Jevan Snead? Tons of paper.

If you have the opportunity to be a top 10 pick you never ever ever pass it up. Feed your family first.

mookie_crew
04-25-2010, 12:07 PM
geez louise! if you're going to be lame and abuse your little sister's pharmaceuticals, please learn how to spell them correctly
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

He needs some glue to paste his ass back on to his torso

efter det one.

DMX7
04-25-2010, 02:29 PM
should have stayed at Texas, tbh.

He wouldn't have played.

monosylab1k
04-25-2010, 03:35 PM
He wouldn't have played.

Exactly. It worked out okay for Matt Cassel.

stretch
04-25-2010, 07:24 PM
lol snead

lol ole piss

lol dirko4mvpo