PDA

View Full Version : What's the excuse now?

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 11:17 PM
I wanna hear from all the Carlisle polesmoking Mavs fans who talked shit all season about how this team wasn't gonna suffer from their inconsistencies, how the fact that they're a bunch of jumpshooting frontrunners was false, and how JJ Barea is a better option than Beaubois.

And dont give me that shit about Roddy getting his 5 minutes and getting yanked by Carlisle again. He DIDN'T GET A FAIR CHANCE ONCE AGAIN.

FIRE CARLISLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Fuck Rick Carlisle, Fuck JJ Barea, Fuck Jason Terry, Fuck Mark Cuban, Fuck Brendan Haywood, Fuck Jason Kidd, Fuck Donnie Nelson, Fuck Erick Vagina Dampier, Fuck all you pussy ass faggots.

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Shut up, bitch. You guys are just chokers.

Eat a dick you fucking fatass virgin motherfucker.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 11:21 PM
How does that feel, Mono, right up your ass, ya f'in screwball, you.

NRHector
04-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Calm down everybody is only 1 game

ezau
04-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Fuck Rick Carlisle, Fuck JJ Barea, Fuck Jason Terry, Fuck Mark Cuban, Fuck Brendan Haywood, Fuck Jason Kidd, Fuck Donnie Nelson, Fuck Erick Vagina Dampier, Fuck all you pussy ass faggots.

Barea was playing very well man. His shots were falling, you can't expect a 5'7 PG cover TP all game long.

lakaluva's mom
04-23-2010, 11:23 PM

That's what he's doing at this very moment, he shouldn't have left his door open

Rogue
04-23-2010, 11:24 PM
how did he remain virgin while being a motherfucker? you just shot yourself with your own bullet that ricocheted from the wall, you trash-talking cuckold you.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Calm down everybody is only 1 game

Get out of the f'in way, Hector. Luva & I are exacting are vengeance.

Let us proceed...

Findog
04-23-2010, 11:26 PM
I spent the night in the hospital emergency room because my dad got sick and didn't get to watch any of the game. Uh, did Butler get hurt? Why did he only play 14 minutes? What's the word on him?

Why was JJB on the floor at the end according to the Game Channel?

NRHector
04-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Get out of the f'in way, Hector. Luva & I are exacting are vengeance.

Let us proceed...:lol oops sorry my bad, go on then

mavs>spurs2
04-23-2010, 11:27 PM
one less mav fan for you guys to worry about

rooting for this team just goes against my very nature

mavs are pathetic

i'm done with spurstalk, good luck to everyone. maybe i'll see you guys in 5 years when the team is totally different.

z0sa
04-23-2010, 11:28 PM
I spent the night in the hospital emergency room because my dad got sick and didn't get to watch any of the game. Uh, did Butler get hurt? Why did he only play 14 minutes? What's the word on him?

I really don't get why Butler wasn't on the floor either. Guess it was because JJ Barea was a beast

poop
04-23-2010, 11:28 PM

hahaha bitter dallas fan meltdown.

monosylab1k
04-23-2010, 11:29 PM

Butler didn't play at all in the 2nd half. Carlisle went with Barea/Kidd/Jet the entire 2nd half.

ezau
i'm done with spurstalk,

:rollin:rollin

Rogue
I know you feel like shit right now. This series is over.
poignant loss but not over yet. Mavs will have one more chance in next game in san antonio, if they lose that game also then it'll be safe to say this.

poop

mavs are pathetic

i'm done with spurstalk, good luck to everyone. maybe i'll see you guys in 5 years when the team is totally different.

haha ok, you will be back in a few days when the mavs win. actually you will be back posting regardless.

DAF86
04-23-2010, 11:30 PM

The word on the streets is that Josh Howard on drugs is better than him at playing basketball.

Findog
04-23-2010, 11:31 PM
I really don't get why Butler wasn't on the floor either. Guess it was because JJ Barea was a beast

Did Butler get hurt? The box score says he only played 14 minutes? Marion only played 16 minutes.

I only got to see the foul, San Antonio shoots free throw portion of the final 30 seconds. Mavs losing is the cherry on top of a shit sundae tonight.

Rogue
04-23-2010, 11:33 PM

you would also be taken to emergency room if you had watched the game. Butler wasn't hurt and he played fairly well in the 1st half, but he was benched for the next two quarters for NO FUCKING REASON. 3 PGs played the entire 4th so I knew they would lose the game from the start of the 4th.

Giuseppe
04-23-2010, 11:34 PM
poignant loss but not over yet. Mavs will have one more chance in next game in san antonio, if they lose that game also then it'll be safe to say this.

Yes.

Rogue, the voice of reason & moderation in chaotic times.

AnthonyM
04-23-2010, 11:35 PM

Sorry to hear that, Fin.

JJB was likely on the floor because he was super energetic on the floor in the 2nd half. But that said, there was no reason that Butler should not have been on the floor in the second half. Seems like Rick gave that game away by doing that even thought the Mavs had a chance...

Findog
THE FUCK? We can't win this series with a crunch-time lineup of Kidd, Barea and Terry on the floor together. Wow.

monosylab1k
:lmao at retarded fucking spur fans saying Barea played great. He had a spurt of good play in the 2nd/3rd quarters and then got an entire 4th quarter of completely undeserved playing time, along with Terry.

Barea and Terry were both godawful in the fourth quarter but Carlisle didn't have the fucking sense to realize his 3PG lineup had run it's course of usefulness and put Butler back in the game. Barea's ballhogging killed at least 2 crunchtime possessions.

lakaluva's mom
04-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Mav fans humbled....lmao oh shit sons!!!!

Findog
04-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Well Sunday night is the season I guess. Lose and we're not coming back from 3-1. Win and we got a chance. I would not have guessed that Rick would've given Barea 31 minutes to Butler's 14 in a critical playoff game.

Findog
04-23-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the notion of JJB playing an entire fourth quarter in a playoff game. I'm stunned.

Rogue
04-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Yes.

Rogue, the voice of reason & moderation in chaotic times.
Glad to see you rating me so high, I guess that's probably because you're also momentarily high now.

tee, hee.

Rogue
04-23-2010, 11:44 PM
:lmao at retarded fucking spur fans saying Barea played great. He had a spurt of good play in the 2nd/3rd quarters and then got an entire 4th quarter of completely undeserved playing time, along with Terry.

Barea and Terry were both godawful in the fourth quarter but Carlisle didn't have the fucking sense to realize his 3PG lineup had run it's course of usefulness and put Butler back in the game. Barea's ballhogging killed at least 2 crunchtime possessions.
No Marion, No Butler in the fourth. Apparently this retard still trusts his old guys more despite how fucking awful the 3-PG lineup looked. Maybe he thought he needed to use his old guys because it was just this bunch of guys that beat the Spurs last season in playoffs, or to make it vivider, curb stomped the Spurs in the first round of playoffs LAST SEASON.

Ghazi
04-23-2010, 11:44 PM
It should be noted Caron did not exactly light it up out there in his limited action.

Barea played well, except down the stretch. hindsight is really 20/20 with these coaching decisions. Those two b2b wasted possessions by JET/Barea were quite annoying though and probably cost the game along with Parkers long jumpers.

Let's not act as if this was a guaranteed win if BUtler played in the 4th.

Great game. Tough loss. Put up or shutup time in Game 4.

Mavs center production has been terrible in the last 2 games. 6 points in 93 minutes. :wow

nkdlunch
04-23-2010, 11:46 PM
damn mavfans. sorry to say. Spurs reallly want this series and they are in good health. sorry to say but mavs have no chance. they will not win another game this series.

picc84
04-23-2010, 11:47 PM
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8229/namnlsnry.jpg

sribb43
This team is so fucked. I'm sure butler, Haywood and Marion don't give a fuck anymore and there is 0 chemistry on the floor

Rogue
It should be noted Caron did not exactly light it up out there in his limited action.

Barea played well, except down the stretch. hindsight is really 20/20 with these coaching decisions. Those two b2b wasted possessions by JET/Barea were quite annoying though and probably cost the game along with Parkers long jumpers.

Let's not act as if this was a guaranteed win if BUtler played in the 4th.

Great game. Tough loss. Put up or shutup time in Game 4.

Mavs center production has been terrible in the last 2 games. 6 points in 93 minutes. :wow
Nope, Butler played pretty silently tonight during the meager minutes he played, but do you think playing him a little bit in the 4th would get it worse than what it actually was? This moron played 3 FUCKING PG(s) through the entire 4th and didn't make a tiny fucking change even when they were clearly curbstomped.

jdev82
04-23-2010, 11:50 PM

hope your dad is alright, give him get well wishes from the spurs community. butler was a non-entity in the first half, guess slick rick carlisle wanted to bench him. i honestly dont know why he was guarding the gatorade the whole second half

Thompson
04-23-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the notion of JJB playing an entire fourth quarter in a playoff game. I'm stunned.

I think it might have been the entire second half. I kept waiting for Carlisle to reveal his strategy and throw a rested Butler in at the end, but Rick's apparently too clever to show his cards yet. :p:

I'm sorry your dad isn't feeling well, I hope he feels better.

sribb43
04-23-2010, 11:52 PM
THE FUCK? We can't win this series with a crunch-time lineup of Kidd, Barea and Terry on the floor together. Wow.

Gimmick lineups are good in spurts to swing momentum but they will fuck u in the ass if you play them too long, like RC did for the whole 2md half

MannyIsGod
04-23-2010, 11:53 PM
:lol

Mav fan is feeling small ball pain.

But yeah, Carlisle is pretty fucking stupid. That lineup was terrible.

san antonio spurs
04-23-2010, 11:57 PM
I believe the 4 best players of the mavs tonight were on the floor in the 4th. The problem is that their 3 PG never got any rest in the second half and tired down the stretch. Butler showed nothing tonight to deserve playing time ahead of JJ let alone in crunch time. He should've played a little to give JJ a breather though.

timvpimp
04-23-2010, 11:59 PM
:lol

Mav fan is feeling small ball pain.

But yeah, Carlisle is pretty fucking stupid. That lineup was terrible.
exactly, their small-ball looked even creepier than Spurs' where RJ plays as PF and Blair Center.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Butler belonged on the bench. Barea earned the minutes.

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2010, 12:00 AM
its just, both teams played like shit

timvpimp
04-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Hope Senior Findog isn't a Mav fan and hasn't watched any pathetic game they've played recently. prayers for Mr. Findog Sr

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Butler belonged on the bench. Barea earned the minutes.

then bench Terry

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Best wishes to your dad, Findog.

Carlisle went overboard by benching Butler the entire second half. Guess this was his version of Pop's "dog" speech.

The real dog for the Mavs has been Marion. But Playoff Marion has always been a choker.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 12:04 AM
then bench Terry

Terry is more of a threat than Butler. Caron's been taking some terrible shots, absolutely terrible. JT was one of the main reasons Mavs still had a chance late in the game.

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Terry is more of a threat than Butler. Caron's been taking some terrible shots, absolutely terrible. JT was one of the main reasons Mavs still had a chance late in the game.

But with either marion or butler on the floor, pop can't play manu/parker/hill lineup so long, and Jefferson has to come in.

xellos88330
04-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Hope your father is ok Findog and it's nothing serious.

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2010, 12:07 AM
what kind of self respecting ER doesn't have a tv in the waiting room?

baseline bum
04-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Hope everything's ok with your dad, Findog.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 12:10 AM
But with either marion or butler on the floor, pop can't play manu/parker/hill lineup so long, and Jefferson has to come in.

Not as long as Marion keeps struggling on both ends of the floor, then it doesn't matter who out there against him (check the 2nd quarter). I'd probably give Caron Shawn's minutes if anything, but neither if proving themselves a consistent threat or gamebreaker. The Mavs put out the lineup the Spurs have struggled with the last 2 years and it started to work, that's why they stuck with it.

picc84
04-24-2010, 12:10 AM
If Dirk could play center it would make things so much easier.

DPG21920
04-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Sorry to hear that FD. I am absolutely shocked that RC benched Caron the entire 2nd half for JJB. You cannot do that to one of your star players. Not only does it create locker room issues and resentment, it crushes their confidence.

I was really amazed to see it play out that way, and I would be stunned if Caron was not hurt.

timvpimp
04-24-2010, 12:47 AM
Sorry to hear that FD. I am absolutely shocked that RC benched Caron the entire 2nd half for JJB. You cannot do that to one of your star players. Not only does it create locker room issues and resentment, it crushes their confidence.

I was really amazed to see it play out that way, and I would be stunned if Caron was not hurt.
yes, his 3-PG lineup cranked out some unexpectedly nice results and managed to keep the match close till the crunch minutes in the 4th quarter, when he should have substituted the gimmicks out and his regulars in, but he choose to screw everything up by continuing this lineup.

ElNono
04-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Fin, hope your dad is well...

Butler was yanked off because the Mavs were still shooting 37%, Caron was still hesitating, and once Barea went in, the shooting percentage went right up.

timvpimp
04-24-2010, 12:59 AM

Butler was yanked off because the Mavs were still shooting 37%, Caron was still hesitating, and once Barea went in, the shooting percentage went right up.
which was well negated by his poor defense and his ball hogging at the offense end.

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2010, 01:01 AM

Buler's passing up wide open 3s, and i'm sure benching him will really help his confidence

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Caron and J-Ho were good fits for their former teams imo, Howard just couldnt get his head on straight the way Butler has matured and Dallas didn't feel like babysitting him anymore.

ElNono
04-24-2010, 01:25 AM
Buler's passing up wide open 3s, and i'm sure benching him will really help his confidence

It's been 3 games and he's still hesitating, passing up shots, turning the ball over. And props to Gino for being all over him at the start of the game. At some point Rick has to turn the page and try something else. He tried Roddy Buckets for a bit, them went with JJ...
Same thing with Marion. He's been a no-show so far. I think he only played 5 mins in the second half.

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2010, 01:29 AM
It's been 3 games and he's still hesitating, passing up shots, turning the ball over. And props to Gino for being all over him at the start of the game. At some point Rick has to turn the page and try something else. He tried Roddy Buckets for a bit, them went with JJ...
Same thing with Marion. He's been a no-show so far. I think he only played 5 mins in the second half.

That first game Caron was on fire, but for 2 games in a row Carlisle has started the half with him on the bench. Now when Pop comes out of the half break his superscrub stays on the bench. 99% of the time with his same lineup that starts the game starts the half, no matter how bad it was the 1st half.

FkLA
04-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Mav fans need to give the Puerto Rican midget a break seriously...he was actually one of the better Mavs players today, that coupled with other guys playing like vaginas prompted Carlisle to play him heavy minutes. The Spurs were basically in control through most of the first half, they had like a 7-10 lead throughout. With the midget and turtle in the line-up they got it within 3 by halftime and late in the 3rd quarter had an 8 point lead. Theyre the players that put the Mavs in position to be able to win the game to begin with.

badfish22
04-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Just got done watching the game. Not sure what to say, other than Rick Carlisle needs to pull his head out of his ass and realize what the FUCK he is gonna do. I don't think playing JJ the whole 2nd half is the answer here. I know he had a good run but you need to know when to go back to you big guys.

We got game four.

badfish22
04-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Dirk needs some help. Sucks that they guy that has the talent to help him played 14 minutes.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 02:08 AM

You truly do prove the stereotype true that Mavfan knows dick about basketball.

Barea is the only reason this game was not a 20 point blowout.

mavsfan1000
04-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Barea killed the rhythm. I don't care what others say about his numbers. The flow of the game was not good with him out there. We needed a SF out there. Why is it both Marion and Butler play or both have to be benched? So no SF's or 2 SF's.

mystargtr34
04-24-2010, 02:09 AM

I believe he played the entire second half. Only player who didnt have a rest IIRC.

badfish22
04-24-2010, 02:12 AM
Someone tweeted "y even pick up @matrix31 (http://twitter.com/matrix31) or C butler if ur not gonna play em down tha strech? smh" to Marion and he responded with "yeah you're right"

Just what we need.

timvpimp
04-24-2010, 02:14 AM
Just got done watching the game. Not sure what to say, other than Rick Carlisle needs to pull his head out of his ass and realize what the FUCK he is gonna do. I don't think playing JJ the whole 2nd half is the answer here. I know he had a good run but you need to know when to go back to you big guys.

We got game four.
stop tainting this board, you scummy rancid fuck.

mystargtr34
04-24-2010, 02:14 AM
Yea i thought Barea actually did quite well. He hit that momentum killing 30 footer at the buzzer to end the half to bring the Mavs within 3, and was huge in the 17-0 run to put the Mavs up 8. Carlisle probably should have bought Butler back in bridging the 3rd and 4th quarters when the Spurs got back in it to give JJB a rest and throw something different out there, but i thought Butler was way to stagnant. He was a ball-stopper tonight.

DPG21920
04-24-2010, 02:15 AM
I told you. You can't do that to your best players. Especially a guy like Marion.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 02:16 AM
I hope they do play Marion more....and encourage him to look for his offense.

jag
04-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Someone tweeted "y even pick up @matrix31 (http://twitter.com/matrix31) or C butler if ur not gonna play em down tha strech? smh" to Marion and he responded with "yeah you're right"

Just what we need.

It's started.

timvpimp
04-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Barea killed the rhythm. I don't care what others say about his numbers. The flow of the game was not good with him out there. We needed a SF out there. Why is it both Marion and Butler play or both have to be benched? So no SF's or 2 SF's.
He was more of a minus than plus during most of the 4th but it's untrue to call him the same dependent on the 2nd and 3rd quarter. he played encouragingly in those minutes and helped a lot in keeping the Mavs afloat. The mistake was made by Carlisle when he should have got him out yet he didn't.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 02:18 AM

Flow of the game would have been completely irrelevant had Barea not penetrated and hit shots close to the rim, given Spurs defensive rotation fits, and then hooked up Dirk and Terry with wide open threes.

It was all due to Barea.

If you are assuming "rhythm" matters in some alternate reality my question is how the fuck do you get those points for that 15 point swing the Mavs pulled, if not for Barea and his penetration?

TheRealCB
04-24-2010, 02:18 AM
Fire RC,play Roddy..Plain and simple..:depressed

mavsfan1000
04-24-2010, 02:20 AM
Flow of the game would have been completely irrelevant had Barea not penetrated and hit shots close to the rim, given Spurs defensive rotation fits, and then hooked up Dirk and Terry with wide open threes.

It was all due to Barea.

If you are assuming "rhythm" matters in some alternate reality my question is how the fuck do you get those points for that 15 point swing the Mavs pulled, if not for Barea and his penetration?
Then he made up for it by sucking the entire 4th quarter. Terry should've been benched as well. He tries to be the hero and it pisses me off.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 02:20 AM
The thing is....

Carlisle went Beaubois before he went Barea. And Beaubois ended up with like two turnovers and two missed shots. He actually helped the spurs build their lead. So Carlisle has two options....Barea or more rookie. And if the Rookie causes him to lose the game he gets shit....if Barea does, well he gets shit, but less shit.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 02:21 AM
It's started.

Yup.

Cant_Be_Faded
Then he made up for it by sucking the entire 4th quarter. Terry should've been benched as well. He tries to be the hero and it pisses me off.

Okay then that is Carlisle, not Barea. That little fucking hispanic tiny poor man's steve nash is the only reason this was not a blowout of Epic Spurs/Mavs playoff proportions.

He got yall back into the game. After that, Carlisle should have adjusted accordingly. But he did his job. Mookie even texted me during the game completely flabbergasted because he can't understand how JJ owns us so fucking hardcore.

Cry Havoc
Sitting Butler and Marion is NOT the Mavs answer to beat the Spurs.

They can't just sit them and hope other people step up. If Butler and Marion continue to suck, they're going to lose the series anyway.

mavsfan1000
04-24-2010, 02:22 AM
He was more of a minus than plus during most of the 4th but it's untrue to call him the same dependent on the 2nd and 3rd quarter. he played encouragingly in those minutes and helped a lot in keeping the Mavs afloat. The mistake was made by Carlisle when he should have got him out yet he didn't.
With Barea you are playing with fire. He has killed this team many times this year. You don't wait until he kills you. You take advantage of him if he has it going but have a quick trigger when things start going south. Carlisle didn't do that and he got burned.

timvpimp
04-24-2010, 02:23 AM

It was all due to Barea.

:tu the problem is Carlisle seemed to be inebriated watching Barea's vintage plays and got deluded to believe that this midget would be the answer. Sadly he was awefully wrong and his mistake literally cost the game, and will probably also cost his job hopefully.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 02:24 AM
"@matrix31 tough game , can't beat em when it's 8 on 5. NBA refs should all be fired and charged with fixing games"

"@texas_D yeah I hear u"

hahahahaha

mavsfan1000
04-24-2010, 02:25 AM
The thing is....

Carlisle went Beaubois before he went Barea. And Beaubois ended up with like two turnovers and two missed shots. He actually helped the spurs build their lead. So Carlisle has two options....Barea or more rookie. And if the Rookie causes him to lose the game he gets shit....if Barea does, well he gets shit, but less shit.
The lead was already built when Beaubois came in the game. The lead stayed the same.

timvpimp
04-24-2010, 02:26 AM
With Barea you are playing with fire. He has killed this team many times this year. You don't wait until he kills you. You take advantage of him if he has it going but have a quick trigger when things start going south. Carlisle didn't do that and he got burned.
:tu

no blame or criticism should be sprayed on Barea, or anyone else living obediently under retarded management&coaching.

mystargtr34
04-24-2010, 02:28 AM
"@matrix31 tough game , can't beat em when it's 8 on 5. NBA refs should all be fired and charged with fixing games"

"@texas_D yeah I hear u"

hahahahaha

:lol He really said that?

Mavs_man_41
04-24-2010, 02:29 AM
What's with all the Barea apologists? So he hit a couple shots..he's still a defensive liability. Not his fault, but 5'7 players with short limbs are a liability in this league. A 3 pg lineup isn't going to win us any games.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 02:29 AM
Carlisle keeping in Barea and the others over Marion and Butler made a statement as to the magnitude of this game imo....he went with something he knew would work and milked it as long as he could. Unfortunately for them, they couldn't pull it out and tere may be larger looming implications as a result.

mavsfan1000
04-24-2010, 02:31 AM
Carlisle keeping in Barea and the others over Marion and Butler made a statement as to the magnitude of this game imo....he went with something he knew would work and milked it as long as he could. Unfortunately for them, they couldn't pull it out and tere may be larger looming implications as a result.
The 3 guard lineup hasn't worked all year. Carlisle I guess doesn't pay attention to this and goes with his precious rotation old and undersized players due to being out of position. With Barea, Terry, and Kidd you get not only a small lineup but no speed advantage that small lineups need to succeed.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2010, 02:33 AM

Just what we need.

Are you serious? Marion is an immature, insecure bitch. You guys better hope he doesn't have a meltdown. :lol

Mavs_man_41
04-24-2010, 02:33 AM
Okay then that is Carlisle, not Barea. That little fucking hispanic tiny poor man's steve nash is the only reason this was not a blowout of Epic Spurs/Mavs playoff proportions.

He got yall back into the game. After that, Carlisle should have adjusted accordingly. But he did his job. Mookie even texted me during the game completely flabbergasted because he can't understand how JJ owns us so fucking hardcore.

says spurstalk's resident expert at speaking on things he knows nothing about

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 02:35 AM
:lol He really said that?

A fan said the first comment about the refs and marion agreed said I hear that

pretty funny

twitter will be the end of sports

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 02:37 AM
The 3 guard lineup hasn't worked all year. Carlisle I guess doesn't pay attention to this and goes with his precious rotation old and undersized players due to being out of position. With Barea, Terry, and Kidd you get not only a small lineup but no speed advantage that small lineups need to succeed.

I'm not simply referring to the 3 PG lineup, I'm referring to a lineup that specifically gives the Spurs problems though I will say that the smaller lineups played better than the sizeable ones for Dallas. Damp looks bad, Haywood was on skates and isn't blocking any shots, Marion is oblivious to the basketball game going on on the court and content with his paycheck, and Butler has taken some terrible shots that actually have knocked the Mavs out of rhythm outside of Game 1......maybe some of those things change, but right now that's where things stand.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 02:37 AM
says spurstalk's resident expert at speaking on things he knows nothing about

I'm pretty sure as far as Spurfan spurstalkers go I know the mavs pretty fucking well.

Saying that playing Barea was a mistake is fundamentally stupid. Because that assumes your paper tiger team gets back into this game by some other means. And that shit wasn't happening without him causing Spurs rotations fits. We were putting you fools on lock until he broke out.

mavsfan1000
04-24-2010, 02:41 AM
I'm not simply referring to the 3 PG lineup, I'm referring to a lineup that specifically gives the Spurs problems though I will say that the smaller lineups played better than the sizeable ones for Dallas. Damp looks bad, Haywood was on skates and isn't blocking any shots, Marion is oblivious to the basketball game going on on the court and content with his paycheck, and Butler has taken some terrible shots that actually have knocked the Mavs out of rhythm outside of Game 1......maybe some of those things change, but right now that's where things stand.
The game was a 3 point game at half time. We did go on a run but our biggest run against us also came with that lineup. So you could say that lineup can work really well but also fall apart which it eventually did. Hill and Manu are the difference from this year and last year. Jefferson surprisingly has helped as well.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 02:44 AM
The game was a 3 point game at half time. We did go on a run but our biggest run against us also came with that lineup. So you could say that lineup can work really well but also fall apart which it eventually did. Hill and Manu are the difference from this year and last year. Jefferson surprisingly has helped as well.

Which is the root of your problem right now. It is great to see George's development this year and Manu back healthy.....brings a different dimension to the team we didn't have last year at this time.

ezau
04-24-2010, 02:47 AM
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8229/namnlsnry.jpg

:lmao:lmao

ezau
04-24-2010, 02:49 AM

Agreed. Barea was hitting shot after shot and penetrating at will.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 02:59 AM
What's with all the Barea apologists? So he hit a couple shots..he's still a defensive liability. Not his fault, but 5'7 players with short limbs are a liability in this league. A 3 pg lineup isn't going to win us any games.

This post just blows my mind.

He gave the Mavs 2 buckets when we were on the verge of running away in the 2nd quarter.....then makes an incredibly lucky/clutch long range 3 pointer to close the half and make it only a 3 point game, and we were physically dominating the Mavs at that point.

To be only up 3 while dominating had to be demoralizing for SA.

Then he comes back in the 3rd and scores with at-will penetration.

Then when we finally adjust our rotations to account for him he hooks up two wide open three pointers for other maverick players.

By this time the mavs already recaptured the lead and have the momentum they built upon when shortly thereafter Manu got his nose broken.

Without JJ dominating the Spurs defense, you guys do jack shit and we are laughing our asses off.

It's not his fault Carlisle played him the entire 4th quarter and he failed, just like it was not Roger Mason's fault last year against the Mavs when Pop expected him to be a point guard.

You put him in a position to fail and if he fails in that position its not his fault.

Mavs_man_41
04-24-2010, 03:06 AM
Not his fault, but 5'7 players with short limbs are a liability in this league. A 3 pg lineup isn't going to win us any games.

You put him in a position to fail and if he fails in that position its not his fault.

glad we're on the same fucking page, numbnuts

Mavs_man_41
04-24-2010, 03:07 AM
it's not jj's fault he's a midget liability, but that gimmick 3 guard lineup didn't win us a game did it??

oh wait, i already established that in my original post that you felt the need to argue against, though you were actually agreeing with me.

Rogue
04-24-2010, 03:09 AM
cosigned. it's all the fault of Rick Idiot Carlisle to use a dwarf lineup in the entire 4th quarter, which consequently caused their meltdown in the crunch minutes. I would give respects and praises for Barea's efforts, and I saw he really played hard in defense, but it's just his natural deficiency that tampers with him.

Johnny RIngo
04-24-2010, 03:27 AM
Mavs losing is the cherry on top of a shit sundae tonight.

Know how you feel. My dad was hospitalized for a stroke during last year's playoffs which made for a completely miserable experience. In any case, best wishes to you and your father.

timvp
04-24-2010, 04:10 AM

mavs are pathetic

lmao tbh

timvpimp
04-24-2010, 04:18 AM
lmao tbh
is badfish22 a good man?

koriwhat
04-24-2010, 05:26 AM

mavs are pathetic

once a bitch, always a bitch... nice bitch move, bitch.

BRHornet45
04-24-2010, 07:18 AM
sons no surprises here ... as I have said the Spurs SHOULD easily be up 3-0 right now if not for the refs allowing the Mavs to put on a "Free Throw Exhibit" in game 1.

monosylab1k
04-24-2010, 07:26 AM

You truly do prove the stereotype of Spurfan who thinks he's a genius basketball analyst just because his fat beaner ass can watch a team win a title.

Barea played well for part of the 2nd and 3rd quarters. He helped the mavs get back into the game, but then in crunch time, after the Spurs had adjusted to the Mavs 3PG lineup, Barea was a major liability at both ends of the floor. He and Terry both were simply awful, there's no other way of putting it.

Don't fucking tell me how my team played. I've followed my team all year, I know them way better than your fat beaner ass does.

monosylab1k
04-24-2010, 07:32 AM
The thing is....

Carlisle went Beaubois before he went Barea. And Beaubois ended up with like two turnovers and two missed shots. He actually helped the spurs build their lead.

Are you fucking retarded? His +/- for the game was +2. Exactly the same as JJ Barea's in about 1/6th the time. One turnover and one missed shot. Too busy shoving a burrito down your piehole to look at a box score before saying shit you have no clue about?

It's not Barea's fault Rick Carlisle is a moron, but it is his fault when he's dominating the ball in crunch time, trying to drive on 3 guys like he's Dwyane Fucking Wade instead of giving it to Dirk.

Muser
04-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Damn someone's mad.

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 08:56 AM
twitter will be the end of sports

Unless they start a National Twitter League.

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 09:07 AM
I can understand Mav Fan's antipathy towards playing Barea the fourth quarter, but you can't deny he was at the center of the third quarter comeback.

Can't really blame Butler because he never got a chance to redeem himself.

Terry has shitted on the Spurs so much in the past, it made sense to keep him in.

Carlisle made a good move but then followed it by not recognizing it had worn off.

And Playoff Marion's annual suckage is a sight to behol.d

BRHornet45
04-24-2010, 09:16 AM
I can understand Mav Fan's antipathy towards playing Barea the fourth quarter, but you can't deny he was at the center of the third quarter comeback.

Terry has shitted on the Spurs so much in the past, it made sense to keep him in.

Carlisle made a good move but then followed it by not recognizing it had worn off.

son the Mavs fans should just be happy to have even won a game in this series. the Spurs are clearly the better team and should have swept em.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Are you serious? Marion is an immature, insecure bitch. You guys better hope he doesn't have a meltdown. :lol

This. If someone is telling Marion he's being underutilized he's probably getting extremely pissed off at his coach.

Giuseppe
04-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Sure, like Nash getting extremely pissed off at his coach (Porter).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Sure, like Nash getting extremely pissed off at his coach (Porter).

You know that I agree with you about Nash and Porter. We both know Marion is quite the cry baby when he isn't getting his touches.

Giuseppe
04-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Gosh you're agreeable when you're on a winning streak. I wouldn't even need to know your series count. Not being on your ignore list would tell me all I need.

tee, hee.

cornbread
04-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Unless they start a National Twitter League.

The Matrix could finally have that franchise player role that he's always felt he deserved.

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 09:50 AM
I said Twitter, not Twit.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Gosh you're agreeable when you're on a winning streak. I wouldn't even need to know your series count. Not being on your ignore list would tell me all I need.

tee, hee.

Cully, ignore list or not, I've always agreed with you that Nash quit on Porter and that it was the wrong thing to do.

spursncowboys
04-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Mavs should have never gotten rid of Lil General. The guy was brilliant. Carlyle is ok but seems to be more reactive. Instead of trying to match the spurs small ball, he should have punished them with size.

Cry Havoc
04-24-2010, 10:33 AM

Exactly.

I see what Mavs fans are saying. I mean, really, you're hoping JJ Barea is going to save you in the 4th quarter vs. a veteran team like the Spurs with a coach who knows how to make adjustments? The only disappointing thing to me is that we didn't start posting JJ up. I mean, anyone on our team could have backed him down.

Barea played extremely well for 2 quarters, but I'm wondering if he was either gassed in the 4th or his luck caught up to him. That time should have gone to Butler. You don't play a guy for a whole season only to go away from him because a midget hits a few lucky shots.

rayray2k8
04-24-2010, 10:40 AM
How about you guys just wait until Sunday and see if the mavs get the split. The momentum would swing back to the mavs and it would become the best of 3 series..
If the spurs lose on Sunday, spurs fans will go into panic mode... Sorta

ElNono
04-24-2010, 10:50 AM

Just what we need.

lmao

spursncowboys
04-24-2010, 11:14 AM
You truly do prove the stereotype of Spurfan who thinks he's a genius basketball analyst just because his fat beaner ass can watch a team win a title.

Barea played well for part of the 2nd and 3rd quarters. He helped the mavs get back into the game, but then in crunch time, after the Spurs had adjusted to the Mavs 3PG lineup, Barea was a major liability at both ends of the floor. He and Terry both were simply awful, there's no other way of putting it.

Don't fucking tell me how my team played. I've followed my team all year, I know them way better than your fat beaner ass does.
LMAO. SO you are an expert because you watched them all season. Nice.

Findog
04-24-2010, 11:22 AM
what kind of self respecting ER doesn't have a tv in the waiting room?

There was no tv in the waiting room. The tv in our room didn't get ESPN. it was Law and Order Criminal Intent.

My dad's okay now, he just had an extremely scary episode with really high blood pressure. It was 220 something over 100 something.

Findog
04-24-2010, 11:24 AM
How about you guys just wait until Sunday and see if the mavs get the split. The momentum would swing back to the mavs and it would become the best of 3 series..

Mavs are still in this series. If it's 3-1, then it's time for being despondent, cause you can't beat a team like the Spurs three in a row. At 2-1 it's disappointing because from what I've been reading, this game was there for the taking and Carlisle apparently rode a hot lineup too long after it got them back in the game.

BlackSwordsMan
04-24-2010, 11:24 AM
There was no tv in the waiting room. The tv in our room didn't get ESPN. it was Law and Order Criminal Intent.

My dad's okay now, he just had an extremely scary episode with really high blood pressure. It was 220 something over 100 something.

did he get his high blood pressure during the mavs game?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-24-2010, 11:28 AM

That didn't even make sense fat beaner, great fuckin job.

BlackSwordsMan
04-24-2010, 11:29 AM
I usually skip over your posts but its getting tiring I'm just going to add you to my ignore list
lol

Findog
04-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Sounds to me though like the Mavs have bigger problems if it takes a gimmick lineup to avoid a blowout. If JJ Barea is the answer (and apparently he was in the middle quarters), that's not a question you want to be asked.

Findog
04-24-2010, 11:32 AM

My girlfriend and I were going to watch the game at a friend's house. We ate first and were on our way when my mom called all panicked and told me to meet her at the hospital (southwest Ft Worth when were near downtown Dallas at the time). We got there a little bit before tipoff and it became apparent there wasn't a method for watching the game at the hospital (Maybe I need an iphone so I can stream a game on atdhe).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-24-2010, 11:33 AM
I usually skip over your posts but its getting tiring I'm just going to add you to my ignore list
lol

Good, I don't want fat beaners reading my posts.

Findog - Marion looks GREAT :lmao

BlackSwordsMan
04-24-2010, 11:34 AM
My girlfriend and I were going to watch the game at a friend's house. We ate first and were on our way when my mom called all panicked and told me to meet her at the hospital (southwest Ft Worth when were near downtown Dallas at the time). We got there a little bit before tipoff and it became apparent there wasn't a method for watching the game at the hospital (Maybe I need an iphone so I can stream a game on atdhe).

Thanks for an explanation DOK thought I was making fun of your dad
Was just curious as to what triggered the event.

Booharv
04-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Are you fucking retarded? His +/- for the game was +2. Exactly the same as JJ Barea's in about 1/6th the time. One turnover and one missed shot. Too busy shoving a burrito down your piehole to look at a box score before saying shit you have no clue about?

It's not Barea's fault Rick Carlisle is a moron, but it is his fault when he's dominating the ball in crunch time, trying to drive on 3 guys like he's Dwyane Fucking Wade instead of giving it to Dirk.

Speaking of plus/minus.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/152/4549306072_bf080d17f7_o.jpg

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 05:07 PM

Yep.

The genius move by Carlisle would be to bench Marion. Fortunately, I don't think he has the balls to do that.

baseline bum
04-24-2010, 05:35 PM

mavs are pathetic

Because you'll have nothing to say if you can't brag about your team facefucking the home team of the board? Smart choice I guess, kid, but the series isn't over and it shows what a fucking dumbass you are to bail on a team when they lose a road game by a lousy 4 points.

word
04-24-2010, 05:38 PM
I wanna hear from all the Carlisle polesmoking Mavs fans who talked shit all season about how this team wasn't gonna suffer from their inconsistencies, how the fact that they're a bunch of jumpshooting frontrunners was false, and how JJ Barea is a better option than Beaubois.

And dont give me that shit about Roddy getting his 5 minutes and getting yanked by Carlisle again. He DIDN'T GET A FAIR CHANCE ONCE AGAIN.

FIRE CARLISLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Statistically, the Mavs are a team that have disaster written all over them in the playoffs.

Mavs_man_41
04-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Because you'll have nothing to say if you can't brag about your team facefucking the home team of the board? Smart choice I guess, kid, but the series isn't over and it shows what a fucking dumbass you are to bail on a team when they lose a road game by a lousy 4 points.

my nigga is just pissed after over a decade of what seems to be a cruel joke. mav fans have endured so much you wouldn't even understand unless you followed this team from since before Dirk even got drafted

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 06:01 PM
None of you guys followed the team from since before Dirk got drafted.

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 06:02 PM
(j/k, I'm sure Findog did.)

Mavs_man_41
04-24-2010, 06:02 PM
sure i have, stop being a douchebag

Findog
04-24-2010, 06:11 PM
(j/k, I'm sure Findog did.)

The Mavs have been a tragic majesty since Roy Tarpley snorted away our chances of being "The Team of The Nineties."

timvpimp
04-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Even with Iphone you still wouldn't get a good stream. You have to pay for it if you want a quality one with steady speed, but I guess you don't want to pay any extra fee and the free ones all lag as shit. Anyway its not bad news you didn't see that game last night...

timvpimp
04-24-2010, 06:38 PM
The Mavs have been a tragic majesty since Roy Tarpley snorted away our chances of being "The Team of The Nineties."
it's more like the Kidd-Jackson feud that ruined the Mavs in 90s IIRC, so IMHO Braxton was the culprit that catalyzed the deterioration.

timvpimp
04-24-2010, 06:44 PM
lol
Shut the FUCK up, you attention seeking whore. Even "fat beaner" is one respectful appellation for you because you are indeed a far-eastern Nazi-sympathizing piece of fat shit.

LOL America's ALLY

LOL Fatasses wearing thongs

LOL Atom Bomb

LOL eating raw fish

LOL Nazi Sympathizer

LOL Inferior race

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 06:49 PM

Biggest waste of talent ever. Dude was going to be a no-brainer HoFer.

baseline bum
04-24-2010, 06:59 PM

I'd still have to go with Bias on this one.

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Okay, but Bias never stepped on an NBA court, so there's still a small chance he would have been a bust.

Booharv
04-24-2010, 07:06 PM

I never got to see Tarpley much being an east coaster (I became a Spurs fan from those cheesy Mr. Robinson's neighborhood commercials that were on when I was a kid), I just looked at Tarpley's stats at stats reference, dude had a 22.6 Rebound Rate in 1987-88. He averaged 11.8 rebounds a game that year in only 28.5 mpg (!), plus it looked like he could score too. Damn.

Findog
04-25-2010, 12:54 AM

I can understand benching a guy for a quarter. Jefferson played much better in G2 after Pop called him out. Butler's not a bad guy or a headcase like Josh Howard. Benching him for the entire second quarter would've been sufficient for getting your point across. From what I can gather, the Mavs had a great chance at getting this one and Carlisle stuck with that lineup too long. Barea gave this team a lift but he averages like 10 mpg. He was out there for 31 without a break. Dampier was apparently moving very slow at the end too. This loss is on Carlisle, for what it's worth from a guy that didn't watch the game.

I did manage to see the final 30 seconds or so and saw a clip of Tony Parker pushing off and committing an obvious offensive foul on JJ Barea on one of his clutch jumpers at the end. I'm not bitching about that call, as you cannot expect JJ Barea to have the respect of the refs and get that call. In fact, I would bet Parker pushed off knowing the refs didn't have the balls to make that call. The point is, only bad things can happen if you let JJ Barea check Tony Parker in the final part of a game. Marion can't come back in for defensive purposes for those final possessions? He's struggling on the offensive end, but his defense has been fine. He can't bother Parker with his length? If you're checking Parker at the end of the game with Barea, you deserve what you get.

NewJerSpur
04-25-2010, 01:02 AM
It was a bad time for Barea to not sell the call. He stumbled a bit a kind of looked over for the call.....might have gotten it if he flew a little bit further or even hit the ground on a delay.

ShoogarBear
04-25-2010, 01:03 AM
Obvious offensive foul, huh?

http://i40.tinypic.com/2chb9mv.gif

Ghazi
04-25-2010, 01:03 AM
I thought Barea flopped on that play. Didn't mind the no call

My gripe is the charge on Dirk when Bonner really wasn't set.

alas, on to game 4 for these MEN in blue