PDA

View Full Version : CROFL TP Haters

Spurologist
04-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Has hit the clutchest shots this series. FUCK ALL THE HATERS!!!

baseline bum
04-23-2010, 11:17 PM
All you "Spurs fans" who want him traded suck. The Spurs were dying and he saved them with those two Js.

TheSpursFNRule
04-23-2010, 11:20 PM
He won that game for us.

ShoogarBear
04-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Proof of the irrationality of the Parker Haters.

slick'81
04-23-2010, 11:21 PM
really who needs tonY parker lmao

Spurminator
04-23-2010, 11:22 PM
As a wise man once said, eat shit fuckers.

gilmor

I can't believe all the motherfuckers who want so much to trade him.. Aggie, Lefty, SenorSpurs..

Man.. You guys got no fucking clues how fucking clutch he is..

GHill>Tpaker?? Yeah.. take that..

MI21
Still the Parker is un-clutch myth will continue.

Fantastic game Spurs, real guts it out stuff from everyone.

Fuck yes!

san antonio spurs
04-23-2010, 11:23 PM
TP has been clutch for the spurs for 4 years now. they hate him because he's french:lol

lefty
TP's next big game will be in 5 years

smeagol
Focking clutch!

Das Texan
04-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Parker is Mr. Ice Water in the fourth quarter.

AnthonyM
04-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Such an asset when you need someone that can create their own basket...

Love TP...

SpurOutofTownFan
04-23-2010, 11:26 PM
He played good the entire game - the bad mofo spell during the 3rd really was on everyone.

diego
I logged on to post the same- tony parker is one clutch mamajamma! so nice to see the big 3 close it out together

Das Texan
I find it funny anyone calling for the breakup of the core that has won 3 titles. That's funny shit, especially when they are all very capable basketball players.

Cry Havoc
04-23-2010, 11:27 PM
All you "Spurs fans" who want him traded suck. The Spurs were dying and he saved them with those two Js.

3 jumpers.

The one just beyond the elbow.

The corner shot from almost 3 point range.

And then the side area shot out on the wing.

All huge. All clutch.

J_Paco
TP's next big game will be in 5 years

Your full of shit, Tony's been playing well all series. The guy is more important than a lot of "Spur" fans realize.

DespЏrado
Parker finished the game well but he was the cause of the 3rd quarter melt down, he even kind of admitted it in the post game interview. The way he glared at Jefferson instead of running back on defense was the start of the collapse. He broke the team's cohesiveness, by bitching at RJ.

L.I.T
04-23-2010, 11:28 PM
He was outstanding late in the 4th.

ned_ryerson
i love the transition from stone cold in the last few minutes to gregarious parker in the post-game interview

Cry Havoc
Parker finished the game well but he was the cause of the 3rd quarter melt down, he even kind of admitted it in the post game interview. The way he glared at Jefferson instead of running back on defense was the start of the collapse. He broke the team's cohesiveness, by bitching at RJ.

:stfu

ShoogarBear
Did Manu break the team's cohesiveness by bitching at Hill?

timtonymanu
04-23-2010, 11:29 PM
buh buh ... he was the reason the mavs took the lead in the 3rd.

nbaman99
i know for real, where are all the fools said Parker sucks.

lefty
Fuck TP

Only 23 pts :stirpot:

Kermit

Maybe RJ broke the team's cohesiveness by sucking.

Spurminator
04-23-2010, 11:30 PM
The way he glared at Jefferson instead of running back on defense was the start of the collapse. He broke the team's cohesiveness, by bitching at RJ.

That would imply that we have a pretty fucking weak team cohesiveness if one glare can cause a 19-2 run. How about Dirk going 6-8 for 16 in the quarter? You think that might have had something to do with it?

carina_gino20
TP was phenomenal tonight during clutch time.

smeagol
Proof of the irrationality of the Parker Haters.

What about the ones who were saying "Fuck TD" right after the ASG?

There are assholes everywhere. Spursnation is not without them . . .

DespЏrado
04-23-2010, 11:31 PM

Must not have because it was subtle enough that I don't even remember that happening. :lol

Flux451
04-23-2010, 11:31 PM
I am glad he redeemed himself from lax play in the 3rd. Great time for TP to arrive, conditioning looked great. I am very proud of him and his recovery. I haven't been this confident in the Spurs since 2007.

smeagol
04-23-2010, 11:32 PM

Man, he gave george an earfull!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-23-2010, 11:33 PM
That was TP's best game since last season. He was in Finals MVP form tonight and, just like 2007, he nailed those 18fters when we really needed them.

I still think we should shop him in the offseason given that he wants to keep playing for France every summer (not a good idea given his age and miles), and he's becoming more injury-prone due to the year-round playing load. That is not a good combination for a guy who relies on his speed to be effective. If there is a good deal that fills a need or two I think you do it, although there's no way he should be given away cheaply, and I can also see the argument that the Big 3 should stay together until Tim retires.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-23-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm not a Tony hater by any means, I think he's a great player at times.... but you have to admit he's been a turd for most of this year (yes probably due to injuries)

That being said, he's been good this series... not great, his passing has been atrocious, but we'd be dead without his scoring.

L.I.T

Shhhhh...the TP haters are having a bad day. Why make it worse for them by bringing logic into the conversation?

Spurologist
........waiting for someone to mention tp had a +/- of -12

Capt Bringdown
Parker himself in the post game interview said that he was mad at himself for his 3rd quarter play.

He sure redeemed himself, but I think we've got to do better than dribblefest, live by the jumper, die by the jumper basketball.

Clearly he doesn't like RJ and has froze him out. RJ's got less than 10 shots in 5 quarters of basketball. Some of that has got be be Parker's responsibility.
He can, and must do better than that.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
That would imply that we have a pretty fucking weak team cohesiveness if one glare can cause a 19-2 run. How about Dirk going 6-8 for 16 in the quarter? You think that might have had something to do with it?

This.

Not this.

pjjrfan
04-23-2010, 11:36 PM
I find it funny anyone calling for the breakup of the core that has won 3 titles. That's funny shit, especially when they are all very capable basketball players.

Tony will sometimes dominate the ball, he did that in the 3rd qtr. it can get frustrating, I think that Tony sometimes will force his shots, but then when he is on like he was in the last 3 minutes of the game, he is a force. And while I may bitch about how the ball never moves when he is in there, hell no I don't want him traded. Tony can adjust he has been since he came to us.

8FOR!3
I've just never been a huge fan of his. But he showed up tonight and he was clutch. The kid performed, I have nothing to complain about.

Spurs Brazil
Clutch, clutch clutch.

And he was the one who stopped the bleeding in the 3rd with a layup

thanks Tony

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200706/r151985_542621.jpg

L.I.T
04-23-2010, 11:37 PM
That was TP's best game since last season. He was in Finals MVP form tonight and, just like 2007, he nailed those 18fters when we really needed them.

I still think we should shop him in the offseason given that he wants to keep playing for France every summer (not a good idea given his age and miles), and he's becoming more injury-prone due to the year-round playing load. That is not a good combination for a guy who relies on his speed to be effective. If there is a good deal that fills a need or two I think you do it, although there's no way he should be given away cheaply, and I can also see the argument that the Big 3 should stay together until Tim retires.

I thought you were on the break the Spurs apart in the offseason camp and bring in young talent for TD to groom camp?

ShoogarBear
04-23-2010, 11:38 PM
What about the ones who were saying "Fuck TD" right after the ASG?

There are assholes everywhere. Spursnation is not without them . . .

"Fuck TD" is so far beyond idiocy that it really doesn't deserve a reply, just pity for one's genetic misfortune.

elbamba
04-23-2010, 11:38 PM
He is starting to look like he did last year. I hope he doesn't play this summer because he is one of the best pg in the league when he is healthy.

Sweet jumpers.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2010, 11:39 PM
spurfans can be complete idiots.

MannyIsGod
So fucking pumped. I love me some Tony Parker.

DespЏrado
This.

Not this.

You can argue causal relationships with me all night long, it doesn't remove the fact that Parker was the floor leader when it looked like the Spurs were collapsing. And he didn't redeem himself until after the lead had been surmounted.

I am not a Parker hater, I think he is going to be great for us for years to come, but the guy has to learn how to make his team mates better.

He chose to blame a team mate at a moment when the team needed to calm down and circle the wagons. It was a shit move and it almost cost the Spurs the game.

ShoogarBear
04-23-2010, 11:41 PM
And he was the one who stopped the bleeding in the 3rd

No, that was Will Sevening I think.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2010, 11:41 PM
I am not a Parker hater
:rollin

Kori Ellis
04-23-2010, 11:42 PM

If a glare can break a team's cohesiveness, then this team is in trouble. And by your line of thinking, the way Manu ripped Hill should have caused a 60-4 Mavs' run. :lol

ShoogarBear
04-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Must not have because it was subtle enough that I don't even remember that happening. :lol

It was after Hill picked up the technical for wrestling with Barea.

Spurologist
04-23-2010, 11:44 PM
You can argue causal relationships with me all night long, it doesn't remove the fact that Parker was the floor leader when it looked like the Spurs were collapsing. And he didn't redeem himself until after the lead had been surmounted.

I am not a Parker hater, I think he is going to be great for us for years to come, but the guy has to learn how to make his team mates better.

He chose to blame a team mate at a moment when the team needed to calm down and circle the wagons. It was a shit move and it almost cost the Spurs the game.

:lmao

DespЏrado
04-23-2010, 11:45 PM
:rollin

quote me one time where I have ever been anything but one of Parker's biggest fans. I haven't been around lately but when I do post it is almost always 100% pro Parker. Tonight he deserves to be called out. This is the playoffs. You can yell at team mates all year long, the playoffs is no place for it. Parker should have said my bad and run back on defense.

But who is more fickle the Spurs fan who forgives all for the game winning shot or the person who looks at the game as a whole.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-23-2010, 11:46 PM
I thought you were on the break the Spurs apart in the offseason camp and bring in young talent for TD to groom camp?

Kinda. I wanted to keep Manu all along, even back in January when he looked like he'd lost a step I said we should re-sign him for 2 years (to retire with Tim) because he is still a savvy player who can get it done and teach a lot to the youngsters. But I can see the value in shopping TP this summer for youth, unless he stops playing in the summer. It also depends on who we draft. There are lots of variables. But yeah, I still think we have to get younger and more athletic ASAP because that's the way the NBA has gone.

Also, 2 months ago when I was really posting about this stuff did anyone predict that this team would gel like this and find their defensive identity? Not that I can recall. Gelling so late in the season has proven a lot of us wrong I think, and I'll happily admit that this team has surprised the crap out of me in the last month.

Whether we can win 4 series I don't know, but as I said before the playoffs, it's going to be a fun ride finding out!

DespЏrado
04-23-2010, 11:46 PM

And the free throw was a good time to yell at him for it, Parker yelled during game play, and the Mavs started breaking down the defense.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2010, 11:47 PM
quote me one time where I have ever been anything but one of Parker's biggest fans. I haven't been around lately but when I do post it is almost always 100% pro Parker. Tonight he deserves to be called out. This is the playoffs. You can yell at team mates all year long, the playoffs is no place for it. Parker should have said my bad and run back on defense.

But who is more fickle the Spurs fan who forgives all for the game winning shot or the person who looks at the game as a whole.

Why aren't you whining about Manu going off on Hill? That was a much bigger "rip" of a teammate than Parker's glare.

Parker made mistakes in this game - like every other guy on the court.

Just go to bed or something. Let other people enjoy TP's clutch 4th without the negativity.

Cry Havoc

THREE game winning shots. In a row.

Stfu.

You want to call out the player that won the game for us.

Stfu.

ChumpDumper

But who is more fickle the Spurs fan who forgives all for the game winning shot or the person who looks at the game as a whole.:lmao

It was Jefferson's fault.

Where is your thread calling out Manu for yelling at Hill?

MannyIsGod

Just stop. Just stop digging your hole deeper. You're just wrong. Do yourself a favor and either admit or stop posting in defense just for the sake of defending yourself. You posted some stupid shit tonight. Now its time to stop.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-23-2010, 11:48 PM
If a glare can break a team's cohesiveness, then this team is in trouble. And by your line of thinking, the way Manu ripped Hill should have caused a 60-4 Mavs' run. :lol

Indeed.

Also, cohesive teams do get in each other's grills over mistakes, but they don't take it personally. Instead, they realise their mistake and get fired up about not making it again. That's what I've always seen from the SPurs, and this team is no different right now (although earlier in the season it wasn't there like it is now).

ChumpDumper
04-23-2010, 11:50 PM
This is the playoffs. You can yell at team mates all year long, the playoffs is no place for it.

And the free throw was a good time to yell at him for it:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Because it wasn't the playoffs, right?

EricB

Take a rope wrap it around ur neck and fucking swing.

MI21
To steal a line from Marcus Bryant...

Most Spurs fans are idiots.

DespЏrado
04-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Just stop. Just stop digging your hole deeper. You're just wrong. Do yourself a favor and either admit or stop posting in defense just for the sake of defending yourself. You posted some stupid shit tonight. Now its time to stop.

Wtf?

Parker yelled during game play, the Mavs scored and that got them on the roll.

Celebrate the win people, Parker redeemed himself. I'm cheering that, you guys have a tendency to assume the worst of any criticism. It's completely fair to criticize a mistake that was something Parker himself took the blame for.

RuffnReadyOzStyle

That's a bit over the top man. He's wrong, but he doesn't need to hang for it! :lmao

mookie2001
Manu did go long on his bitching, tell him and forget it, reminds me of lebron- I'm a leader I know I'm on camera-shit, George got the point after the first look

mookie2001
04-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Not to mention Manu had two points at the time

Cry Havoc
04-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Most fans are idiots.

Ftfy.

Most people are idiots.

Ftfm.

DespЏrado
04-23-2010, 11:55 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Because it wasn't the playoffs, right?

No because it didn't cause a defensive lapse that got the Mavs on a roll.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2010, 11:55 PM
No because it didn't cause a defensive lapse that got the Mavs on a roll.You don't read your own posts.

This is the playoffs. You can yell at team mates all year long, the playoffs is no place for it.

:lol

MannyIsGod
04-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Fine, keep digging. Don't you wonder why you're the only one who doesn't think you're an idiot right about now?

DespЏrado
04-23-2010, 11:59 PM
You don't read your own posts.

There is a difference, you know it. Obviously you are being obtuse, just for fun.

I contradicted myself, but I didn't notice Manu's yell because it was fine in the context. He yelled during a dead ball. Parker could have done that and I would be as happy go lucky as everyone else.

It really is not about the glare, and that is where I should be more specific, he disrupted play to glare, the Spurs defense wasn't set and the team lost focus for about 4 minutes.

Spelled out clearly enough for you? Or are you going to keep playing dumb?

Kori Ellis
04-24-2010, 12:03 AM
There is a difference, you know it. Obviously you are being obtuse, just for fun.

I contradicted myself, but I didn't notice Manu's yell because it was fine in the context. He yelled during a dead ball. Parker could have done that and I would be as happy go lucky as everyone else.

It really is not about the glare, and that is where I should be more specific, he disrupted play to glare, the Spurs defense wasn't set and the team lost focus for about 4 minutes.
Again, you are crazy if you think a glare can cause a professional basketball team to lose focus like that.

Anyway, I don't know why you are insisting on ruining the thread with this. You already started a thread about this during the game - I merged into the game blog. And then you came back with your same take in this thread. We get your point... move on.

timvp
04-24-2010, 12:03 AM
:lol This thread is classic.

Once Tony Parker is gone, Spurs fans will miss him. Until then, Parker will remain the most undeservingly maligned player in Spurs history.

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 12:05 AM
There is a difference, you know it.

I contradicted myself:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-24-2010, 12:05 AM

Spelled out clearly enough for you? Or are you going to keep playing dumb?

...that's where the cause and effect falls down. You seriously think one glare from TP caused everyone to lose it for 4 minutes of game time? C'mon now, really? :lmao

Maybe it has more to do with this team's penchant for relaxing midway through 3rd quarters, and Dirk sensing that and taking over the game. Unfortunately, we've done this ALL SEASON. It's one of the reasons I doubt we'll win 4 playoff series, although if we continue to show the 4th quarter toughness we've exhibited lately that might be moot.

MannyIsGod
04-24-2010, 12:06 AM

Cry Havoc
04-24-2010, 12:07 AM
:lol This thread is classic.

Once Tony Parker is gone, Spurs fans will miss him. Until then, Parker will remain the most undeservingly maligned player in Spurs history.

QTF.

Sadly. :depressed

Guy shoots 10-16, 2 turnovers, hits 3 massively clutch shots in a row and still there's an idiot in the forum who isn't happy with his play.

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Again, you are crazy if you think a glare can cause a professional basketball team to lose focus like that.

Anyway, I don't know why you are insisting on ruining the thread with this. You already started a thread about this during the game - I merged into the game blog. And then you came back with your same take in this thread. We get your point... move on.

:lol What a single person can disrupt the cohesiveness of a sentiment in a thread? Is that what you are trying to tell me Kori?

Again people have the tendency to assume the worst of any criticism. Did I say fire Parker? Or Parker sucks? Parker had a huge part in the win, but he deserves a huge part of the responsibility that things almost fell apart.

scottspurs
04-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Tony Parker won the game at the end there. Give that man an extension. 6 more years. The big three are amazing.

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 12:09 AM
All this thread lacks now is some aaronstampler wisdom.

Kori Ellis
:lol What a single person can disrupt the cohesiveness of a sentiment in a thread? Is that what you are trying to tell me Kori?

Again people have the tendency to assume the worst of any criticism. Did I say fire Parker? Or Parker sucks? Parker had a huge part in the win, but he deserves a huge part of the responsibility that things almost fell apart.

Yeah, we know. Those glares can be deadly to a fragile NBA team like the Spurs.

Cry Havoc
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/files/digging_a_hole.jpg

Despurado hard at work.

DespЏrado
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

And you choose to play dumb, is it just playing chumpdumper? Or are you just going to put more smileys after out of context quotes?

Spurologist
04-24-2010, 12:10 AM

MannyIsGod
04-24-2010, 12:11 AM
If looks could kill...

What do you mean IF?

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 12:11 AM
And you choose to play dumb, is it just playing chumpdumper? Or are you just going to put more smileys after out of context quotes?You said you contradicted yourself.

In what context did you contradict yourself?

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Yeah, we know. Those glares can be deadly to a fragile NBA team like the Spurs.

It kind of defeats your purpose to keep responding to me doesn't it Kori? I will go and rewatch the game now, and I still will get mad at Parker for not getting back on defense. You can't tell me you didn't feel a twinge at that, and then see the collapse that followed.

Spurminator
04-24-2010, 12:12 AM
DespЏrado (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=10730), why don't you come to your senses?

crc21209
04-24-2010, 12:13 AM
TP was CLUTCH as hell tonight, big big BIG props to him. :tu

MannyIsGod
04-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Dude must have been the victim of some serious glares in his time.

spursfan09
04-24-2010, 12:15 AM
I approve of this message!

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:15 AM
You said you contradicted yourself.

In what context did you contradict yourself?

I contradicted myself in stating that I was angry at the glare, it really wasn't the glare I was angry about, it was the not getting back on defense, because he was glaring.

admiralfats
04-24-2010, 12:16 AM
I LOVE TONY PARKER. that's all.

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 12:17 AM
I contradicted myself in stating that I was angry at the glare, it really wasn't the glare I was angry about, it was the not getting back on defense, because he was glaring.No, you contradicted yourself in saying no player should ever yell at another player during the playoffs, then said that Manu's yelling at another player during the playoffs was "perfect."

Do you see what you did there?

Do I need to quote it for you again?

mookie2001
04-24-2010, 12:17 AM
I lov tony too, he's just so much more easy to root for than manu

anakha
04-24-2010, 12:18 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iiwJQZFvT8E/SmFcHOYNU8I/AAAAAAAAANk/LcDZqJWCDwI/s400/the-glare-michelle-obama-carla-bruni-sarkozy-glare-demotivational-poster-1244466818.jpg

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:18 AM
I mean what is the point of this thread but a challenge to the "parker haters" to show up after he managed to win the game in the clutch for us. WTFG, awesome.

It doesn't negate the fact that our floor general took two players out of the game during a crucial run.

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:19 AM
No, you contradicted yourself in saying no player should ever yell at another player during the playoffs, then said that Manu's yelling at another player during the playoffs was "perfect."

Do you see what you did there?

Do I need to quote it for you again?

No I contradicted myself by saying I was it was the yell that was the root of my anger. Still gonna play dumb?

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 12:21 AM
I mean what is the point of this thread but a challenge to the "parker haters" to show up after he managed to win the game in the clutch for us. WTFG, awesome.

It doesn't negate the fact that our floor general took two players out of the game during a crucial run.None of that negates the fact that you posted stupid stuff and then completely contradicted yourself and finally tried to weasel out of it by claiming you posted something else entirely.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2010, 12:21 AM

It doesn't negate the fact that our floor general took two players out of the game during a crucial run.

No, the point was to enjoy a victory. But thanks for turning it into a bitchfest :tu

Go watch the game and get mad again.. but please don't get excited in the 4th when TP hits three critical baskets.. that would be defeating your purpose.

Cry Havoc
04-24-2010, 12:22 AM

Do you not realize that you are completely alone trying to defend yourself?

You're posting hate for Tony in a thread laughing about Parker haters after he just single handedly won the game for us.

Dig that hole, man.

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:22 AM
what does "CROFL TP Haters" mean then?

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:23 AM
None of that negates the fact that you posted stupid stuff and then completely contradicted yourself and finally tried to weasel out of it by claiming you posted something else entirely.

Dumb it is then.

Kori Ellis
what does "CROFL TP Haters" mean then?

It means people are laughing at you.

ChumpDumper
No I contradicted myself by saying I was it was the yell that was the root of my anger.No, you simply lied about not posting that.
Still gonna play dumb?No, you are doing a fantastic job of the real thing. :tu

MannyIsGod
It means people who think glares take players out of the game are fucking idiots. In french of course.

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:24 AM
No, the point was to enjoy a victory. But thanks for turning it into a bitchfest :tu

Go watch the game and get mad again.. but please don't get excited in the 4th when TP hits three critical baskets.. that would be defeating your purpose.

really because I can't enjoy the team while still being mad at a stupid play, God Pop must never enjoy a victory then.

Cry Havoc
04-24-2010, 12:25 AM
It means people are laughing at you.

it's me
Tony big balls Parker ...... great game just great.......... I loved this game....

Kori Ellis
really because I can't enjoy the team while still being mad at a stupid play, God Pop must never enjoy a victory then.

You can do whatever you want. I'm just asking you to stop shitting on everyone else's parade.

DespЏrado
No, you simply lied about not posting that.No, you are doing a fantastic job of the real thing. :tu
reallly I denied that I wrote that because I recall saying that I misspoke there not deny I ever wrote it. but keep quoting and smileying away chump.

Shastafarian
04-24-2010, 12:26 AM
http://plausibletech.com/delivers.jpg

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 12:27 AM
reallly I denied that I wrote that because I recall saying that I misspoke there not deny I ever wrote it. but keep quoting and smileying away chump.

And the free throw was a good time to yell at him for it:downspin:

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:28 AM
You can do whatever you want. I'm just asking you to stop shitting on everyone else's parade.

God enjoy the victory, Jesus Christ I did. Again the fault is not mine for taking a small criticism, and making it out to be a bitch fest. I never said I didn't enjoy Parker's play throughout the game, but my celebration of Parker's play is tempered by the fact that he put us in the position that we needed a game winner in the first place.

Again people have the tendency to assume the worst of any criticism.

MannyIsGod
04-24-2010, 12:29 AM

Yes, everyone is in the wrong but you.

spursfan09
04-24-2010, 12:30 AM
I love this. Tony Parker's greatness and a Spurs win means no TP haters n Mavs fan.

Kori Ellis
God enjoy the victory, Jesus Christ I did. Again the fault is not mine for taking a small criticism, and making it out to be a bitch fest. I never said I didn't enjoy Parker's play throughout the game, but my celebration of Parker's play is tempered by the fact that he put us in the position that we needed a game winner in the first place.

Again people have the tendency to assume the worst of any criticism.

If it was a small criticism, you wouldn't have devoted two threads to it. :lol

L.I.T
Kinda. I wanted to keep Manu all along, even back in January when he looked like he'd lost a step I said we should re-sign him for 2 years (to retire with Tim) because he is still a savvy player who can get it done and teach a lot to the youngsters. But I can see the value in shopping TP this summer for youth, unless he stops playing in the summer. It also depends on who we draft. There are lots of variables. But yeah, I still think we have to get younger and more athletic ASAP because that's the way the NBA has gone.

Also, 2 months ago when I was really posting about this stuff did anyone predict that this team would gel like this and find their defensive identity? Not that I can recall. Gelling so late in the season has proven a lot of us wrong I think, and I'll happily admit that this team has surprised the crap out of me in the last month.

Whether we can win 4 series I don't know, but as I said before the playoffs, it's going to be a fun ride finding out!

Yeah, I think most of us were surprised by what happened with the Spurs. I remember I stayed cautiously optimistic, but most of my posts had more 'if this happens' than anything else.

If the rest of the playoffs are anything like the first 3 games, it's going to be a doozy.

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:31 AM
This is the contradictory post "This is the playoffs. You can yell at team mates all year long, the playoffs is no place for it." A long with anything else that said I was mad for the glare or yell, I was mad about the glare instead of playing defense. I misspoke. freely admitted, Dumb still?

Shastafarian
04-24-2010, 12:32 AM
You should've just called it a day dude :rollin

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:33 AM

This is my thread? Really?

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 12:33 AM
This is the contradictory post "This is the playoffs. You can yell at team mates all year long, the playoffs is no place for it." A long with anything else that said I was mad for the glare or yell, I was mad about the glare instead of playing defense. I misspoke. freely admitted, Dumb still?So yelling at teammates is now ok during the playoffs according to you?

It's really hard to mistype that many characters.

jestersmash
04-24-2010, 12:34 AM
i'm laughing my ass off at despurado right about now. homerism AND blind irrational hate overload

Cry Havoc

As well as three + pages defending himself.

Cry Havoc
This is my thread? Really?

I bet you've posted more in this thread than anyone else.

Kori Ellis
Countdown to Classic Threads move.

jestersmash
04-24-2010, 12:35 AM
here comes the backpedaling. just quit while you're behind

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:35 AM
You should've just called it a day dude :rollin

Why, does anyone here contest the central premise of my entire argument? Parker deserves criticism for not getting back on defense, and then magically in a completely unrelated incident the mavs went on a 19-2 run. But really the two had nothing to do with each other.

Shastafarian
04-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Why, does anyone here contest the central premise of my entire argument? Parker deserves criticism for not getting back on defense, and then magically in a completely unrelated incident the mavs went on a 19-2 run. But really the two had nothing to do with each other.

Question: Do you feel like you're "taking crazy pills"?

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Countdown to Classic Threads move.

:sleep

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:37 AM
Question: Do you feel like you're "taking crazy pills"?

Original material there Francis.

Cry Havoc
04-24-2010, 12:38 AM

Wow, I missed the play where the Mavs scored 19 points on one possession.

They're going to be tough to stop if they do that again.

Shastafarian
04-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Original material there Francis.

Thanks Martha!

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:48 AM
So yelling at teammates is now ok during the playoffs according to you?

It's really hard to mistype that many characters.

misspoke = typo now? really considering there was a whole explanation for what I meant by misspoke... I really didn't have a problem with yelling or glaring, it was that he disrupted play/ didn't get back on defense, that was the root of my anger, and still is. Still playing too dumb to see the difference?

Shastafarian
04-24-2010, 12:49 AM
https://www.s-soutfitters.com/images/animated%20man%20shoveling.gif

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 12:50 AM
misspoke = typo now? really considering there was a whole explanation for what I meant by misspoke... I really didn't have a problem with yelling or glaring, it wasn that he disrupted play/ didn't get back on defense, that was the root of my anger, and still is. Still to dumb to see the difference?So you are saying you are now ok with players' yelling at teammates during the playoffs?

Because that would totally contradict what you now say you intentionally posted earlier.

In context, of course.

lurker23
04-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Haven't read the entire thread, but based on the beginning, I'm glad someone started a thread like this. Games like today remind us why you DON'T trade a star PG like Parker. When he's on, he's absolutely crucial and amazing for this team. There's a reason we include him when we're talking about the "Big 3." He's capable of absolutely pouring in the points, and his clutch-ness is highly underrated. Go Tony!

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 12:51 AM
So you are saying you are now ok with players' yelling at teammates during the playoffs?

Because that would totally contradict what you now say you intentionally posted earlier.

In context.

Yes I am, which is why I said I contradicted myself, finally getting the picture yet?

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Yes I am, which is why I said I contradicted myself, finally getting the picture yet?But you originally didn't say you contradicted yourself on that point at all.

Do you need that to be quoted again?

Just type "It is ok to yell at teammates during the playoffs."

It's just funny that one would pull a complete 180 on such a strong declarative statement. Do you understand that?

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 01:00 AM
Still being deliberately obtuse I take it. I know that is your schtick, it's cute and all but where is your argument with my complaint.

Simple
Parker didn't play defense because he was too busy glaring at RJ.
Manu yelled during a dead ball.
1+1=2

I have a problem with the first and not the second, even if the players were reversed. I'm sure I could dig out a discussion of Kobe's early years when we used to criticize him for the same thing all the time. I mispoke when I attributed anything to the act of glaring or yelling, it was the timing that pissed me off.

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 01:04 AM
Still being deliberately obtuse I take it. I know that is your schtick, it's cute and all but where is your argument with my complaint.

Simple
Parker didn't play defense because he was too busy glaring at RJ.
Manu yelled during a dead ball.
1+1=2You didn't say that initially, and you now hold exactly the opposite view of that you actually did declare forcefully early in the thread.

Simple.

DespЏrado: Yelling at teammates during the playoffs is bad. No exceptions.

DespЏrado: Yelling at teammates during the playoffs is ok, even perfect in some situations.

1-1=0

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 01:06 AM
I get the feeling you are one of those guys who will keep posting until you think everyone agrees with you. That will probably work out well for you RE: yelling at teammates during the playoffs since you took both sides of the issue.

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 01:07 AM
Gee that's funny my first post in the thread was

"Parker finished the game well but he was the cause of the 3rd quarter melt down, he even kind of admitted it in the post game interview. The way he glared at Jefferson instead of running back on defense was the start of the collapse. He broke the team's cohesiveness, by bitching at RJ."

Seems to be exactly what I am saying now.

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 01:09 AM
Gee that's funny my first post in the thread was

"Parker finished the game well but he was the cause of the 3rd quarter melt down, he even kind of admitted it in the post game interview. The way he glared at Jefferson instead of running back on defense was the start of the collapse. He broke the team's cohesiveness, by bitching at RJ."

Seems to be exactly what I am saying now.So why did you go and fuck it all up without help from anyone else?

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 01:11 AM
So why did you go and fuck it all up without help from anyone else?

what?

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 01:13 AM
what?And then pretend like you didn't fuck it all up.

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 01:13 AM
Look do you have any argument at all Chump with anything in actual relation to the content rather than word play?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-24-2010, 01:14 AM

As has already been pointed out to you ad infinitum, a glare leading to a 19-2 run cause and effect does not make...

As timvp pointed out in his recap, the run coincided with the Mavs dropping into a zone which has frustrated and confused this team all year. It also coincided with Dirk going off. Now that is cause and effect. :lol:

LoneStarState'sPride
04-24-2010, 01:17 AM
As has already been pointed out to you ad infinitum, a glare leading to a 19-2 run cause and effect does not make...

As timvp pointed out in his recap, the run coincided with the Mavs dropping into a zone which has frustrated and confused this team all year. it also coincided with Dirk going off. Now that is cause and effect.

Do not attempt to reason with these people, RuffnReady. Great late night entertainment for yours truly! :lmao

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 01:18 AM
Look do you have any argument at all Chump with anything in actual relation to the content rather than word play?No one is forcing you to reply.

I (and probably others) thought it was pretty funny how you kind of shit all over yourself in these past five pages. There was no need to get quite as butthurt as you did, but the posts are there.

Sorry we aren't as angry about the glare as you. I just don't think it was as important as you do. That is my argument.

Cry Havoc
04-24-2010, 01:19 AM

As timvp pointed out in his recap, the run coincided with the Mavs dropping into a zone which has frustrated and confused this team all year. It also coincided with Dirk going off. Now that is cause and effect. :lol:

/thread

Yet again.

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 01:23 AM

As timvp pointed out in his recap, the run coincided with the Mavs dropping into a zone which has frustrated and confused this team all year. it also coincided with Dirk going off. Now that is cause and effect.

No in reality causal relationships can't be attributed to any one of them more than the other. They all coincided but its all conjecture and opinion as to why the collapse happened. And they all played a part.

Parker's mental lapse was just one of the causes, I don't want to argue that he was the absolute only reason the Spurs lost momentum just that he could have been a better team mate at a critical juncture. It was his job to take the reigns at that point. "circle the wagons" was in my first quote. And it is my opinion that the way he detracted from the team rather than helped was critical at that juncture.

lefty
04-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Thank you JJ Barea for making Parker look good

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 01:27 AM
No one is forcing you to reply.

I (and probably others) thought it was pretty funny how you kind of shit all over yourself in these past five pages. There was no need to get quite as butthurt as you did, but the posts are there.

Sorry we aren't as angry about the glare as you. I just don't think it was as important as you do. That is my argument.

Fine, I'm just defending my take, something which people told me to hang myself for in this thread, but you know, I am the one who is acting all butt hurt. Really I'm not the one in this thread that overreacted. It's the people who can't take a criticism of the favorite player, without thinking I am attacking the player personally.

I'm not, I like Parker. I know his flaws, and the great things he brings to this team, I can appreciate both sides to this argument.

anakha
04-24-2010, 01:29 AM
Parker's mental lapse was just one of the causes, I don't want to argue that he was the absolute only reason the Spurs lost momentum

Parker finished the game well but he was the cause of the 3rd quarter melt down

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 01:29 AM
I can appreciate both sides to this argument.
You definitely proved you can take both sides of an argument.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-24-2010, 01:32 AM
What I find funny is that many people can't admit when they are wrong. Why? It makes no sense. Not only does admitting you are wrong about something mean that you are less likely to make the same mistake again, but other people respect those who recognise and own up to their own mistakes. If you are patently incorrect you should always admit it and learn from it, that's how we advance as people.

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 01:36 AM
Anakha there's a reason why I put "Absolute only" in the first quote. A game of semantics here is pointless, but those too quotes aren't contradictory at all. In language we have to be able to shift from the general to the specific. If you can't understand that here's is what the connotation of the second quote is:

it is my opinion that Parker is the main cause of the 3rd quarter melt down.

I still believe that. He was the catalyst of the 3rd quarter melt down which almost cost us this game.

jag
04-24-2010, 01:36 AM

Classic T Park

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 01:38 AM
You definitely proved you can take both sides of an argument.

Again that is you deliberately taking a secondary quote to be the only argument I made, do I have to post my first post again?

EricB
04-24-2010, 01:41 AM
lol he owns himself and tries to crawdad the fuck out.

Just admit you were wrong already F!

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 01:41 AM
Again that is you deliberately taking a secondary quote to be the only argument I made, do I have to post my first post again?Actually, anyone following the thread can see you have taken both sides of two arguments so far.

That is the part that interests me. Feel free to sue me for only using part of your quote.

anakha
04-24-2010, 01:44 AM
words

Just pointing out that you only backed off the whole 'Parker caused the 3rd quarter collapse' when presented with evidence to the contrary.

And that I haven't seen this much spin since Tiger had that 'accident' on this front yard.

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 01:48 AM
Just pointing out that you only backed off the whole 'Parker caused the 3rd quarter collapse' when presented with evidence to the contrary.

And that I haven't seen this much spin since Tiger had that 'accident' on this front yard.

I never backed off of it, wow? Where did you get the idea that I backed off my original take?

Parker triggered/ caused the 3rd quarter collapse. In general that statement is true. Admitting that there were additional factors doesn't remove the fact that he originally triggered the 3rd quarter collapse.

lefty
04-24-2010, 01:51 AM
Parcoeur pour president quoi

jag
04-24-2010, 01:52 AM
Thank you JJ Barea for making Parker look good

This is a good example of why you are regarded as one of the worst posters on ST.

I've been here for three years and still haven't seen one quality take from you. Not one

lefty
04-24-2010, 01:56 AM
This is a good example of why you are regarded as one of the worst posters on ST.

I've been here for three years and still haven't seen one quality take from you. Not one
http://img.lovemyprofile.com/71/Why_did_you_hurt_me.gif

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 01:57 AM
"This is the playoffs. You can yell at team mates all year long, the playoffs is no place for it. Parker should have said my bad and run back on defense."
Again chump this is the one quote I misspoke on. But even here there is the is the rebuke for not running back on defense....One argument. One side.

Muser
04-24-2010, 01:58 AM
Mark Cubans face after he drained the 3rd one was priceless :lmao

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 01:59 AM
You know SpursNation is giddy when a thread revolving around 800 post count Despurado goes to seven pages.........

jag
04-24-2010, 01:59 AM
http://img.lovemyprofile.com/71/Why_did_you_hurt_me.gif

lefty
04-24-2010, 02:00 AM
JaG, quoting himself as always

Poor guy

anakha
04-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Parker triggered/ caused the 3rd quarter collapse. In general that statement is true. Admitting that there were additional factors doesn't remove the fact that he originally triggered the 3rd quarter collapse.

See, this is why you're getting called out.

You can't say the following:

Parker's mental lapse was just one of the causes

And then state the post at the top, where you're pushing the argument that Parker's actions started the whole thing and everything else just kept the ball rolling. That makes you appear to say that all the other events weren't causes at all.

You're really looking like you're changing your argument from post to post, which Chump has already pointed out.

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 02:02 AM
You know SpursNation is giddy when a thread revolving around 800 post count Despurado goes to seven pages.........

I'm old school Bama vs Hoya. Arguments like this used to be the best part of this site. It's gotten more professional since then. But we have got to return to our roots every once in a while. Is it too late to start a fire pop thread?

DespЏrado
04-24-2010, 02:07 AM
See, this is why you're getting called out.

You can't say the following:

And then state the post at the top, where you're pushing the argument that Parker's actions started the whole thing and everything else just kept the ball rolling. That makes you appear to say that all the other events weren't causes at all.

You're really looking like you're changing your argument from post to post, which Chump has already pointed out.

You can take it that way but it was never intended as the be all and end all statement everyone read it to be, like I said the first assumption here was to assume the worst. I am not blind to the fact that Manu was out during the collapse, but they would have been without for some part anyways. The Spurs seemed to lose there composure. That lack of composure was the main issue, and I think the cause was Parker, our floor leader, losing his composure.

His ability to have been more focused in the situation would have given the Spurs a much better chance to ride out a much smaller run by the Mavs.

jag
04-24-2010, 02:08 AM
No matter what he does, the Parker love in this forum will always be short lived. It's just a sad reality.

FkLA
04-24-2010, 02:09 AM
He was huge, and has played a good series but the only thing this does is disprove those few people that thought Parker was a cancer or that we were better with him just sitting out, but we already knew those assumptions were retarded.

This doesnt however change the fact that trading TP for frontcourt help still makes alot of sense.

lefty
04-24-2010, 02:11 AM
No matter what he does, the Parker love in this forum will always be short lived. It's just a sad reality.
But....but...we also hate RMJ and Bonner :depressed

anakha
04-24-2010, 02:16 AM
You can take it that way but it was never intended as the be all and end all statement everyone read it to be, like I said the first assumption here was to assume the worst.

With the way you worded your posts since this thread started, no one can be blamed for interpreting what you've posted the way they have so far.

Regardless of intent, you can't make blanket statements and not expect to get called out for them.

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 02:27 AM
"This is the playoffs. You can yell at team mates all year long, the playoffs is no place for it. Parker should have said my bad and run back on defense."
Again chump this is the one quote I misspoke on. But even here there is the is the rebuke for not running back on defense....One argument. One side.Let this be a lesson to you.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 02:31 AM

You'll never hear me give long-term shit to Parker, hell I was all over him after he dominated Gary Payton in 2002.

stéphane
04-24-2010, 02:44 AM
Awesome. That's why I love the big three so much. They work together for the sake of winning and any of those can close the game. Feels good to be a spurs fan and be a witness of their awesomeness for years. Way to go Tony putting the nail on the coffin in this team's win.

Edit : And oh Despurado, way to go for making yourself a name on ST. A guy dissing the player who came hot in the clutch and won a pivotal playoff game against the mavs for us is beyond ridiculous. If you can't enjoy a spurs victory like this one and enjoy the moment without saving whatever criticism you have for the next day how can you seriously call yourself a spurs fan.

slayermin
04-24-2010, 02:49 AM
I hoped he would do it and he has. Embracing his role off the bench has solidified himself to me as a legend. I will never speak ill of TP ever again.

Brazil
04-24-2010, 02:53 AM
Classic thread really.

Thanks TP, way to go !

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-24-2010, 03:36 AM
I hoped he would do it and he has. Embracing his role off the bench has solidified himself to me as a legend. I will never speak ill of TP ever again.

I have to agree with that, although really it's no surprise.

I've heard some people call TP arrogant or a prima donna, but I've never seen that in him at all. To me, TP is quite humble and grounded, and his commitment to team and to winning above all is as strong and present as Manu's or Tim's and always has been.

That's why those three guys, Bruce Bowen, and David Robinson, have been at the core of the best run in franchise history - none of them think of themselves first. It is always team first, and if that means coming off the bench, I don't think any of them think twice about it.

I love the way those guys have created that culture for this team, and you see it exhibited by most of the guys who pass through this franchise, and can already see it in young guys like Hill and Blair and Hairston. If we can add Pondexter in the draft I think he'll perfectly fit the culture. Then maybe we'll be young, long and athletic enough that we put a serious franchise full-court press on TP to give up playing in the summers, and sign him to a 5 year extension to play out his useful career here.

baseline bum
04-24-2010, 04:18 AM
I've heard some people call TP arrogant or a prima donna, but I've never seen that in him at all.

They're people who hate on him for being married to Eva. About the only time he's ever gone against the team was when he said they didn't need Kidd in 03 (and he was right).

Bukefal
04-24-2010, 04:25 AM

Exactly.
No thread about Parker can stay hate-free on here. It's a shame. He deserves better than this. It's strange, Manu is seen like a god, and now more than ever, and TP doesnt even get the basic respect the Spurs own fans.

Anyway, he was great!

baseline bum
04-24-2010, 04:29 AM
Exactly.
No thread about Parker can stay hate-free on here. It's a shame. He deserves better than this. It's strange, Manu is seen like a god, and now more than ever, and TP doesnt even get the basic respect the Spurs own fans.

Anyway, he was great!

He gets it from the Spurs fans. He doesn't get it from the people who hopped on the bandwagon once they started winning multiple titles.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2010, 04:36 AM
They're people who hate on him for being married to Eva.

This is a big factor in a weird way. The year after he married Eva, at the first game of the following season, I actually heard a group of fans yelling, "Get out of here, whore" to her when she was going thru the tunnel. I looked to see who it was... and it was Baseline Bums. :wow I went to their president and mentioned it, saying that's no way to treat a Spurs players' wife.

There's a weird hate for Tony (and Eva) because of their relationship. If he never married Eva and he married that bitch of a ex-girlfriend of his, I wonder if so many people would always label him "arrogant." :lmao

Bukefal
04-24-2010, 04:40 AM
This is a big factor in a weird way. The year after he married Eva, at the first game of the following season, I actually heard a group of fans yelling, "Get out of here, whore" to her when she was going thru the tunnel. I looked to see who it was... and it was Baseline Bums. :wow I went to their president and mentioned it, saying that's no way to treat a Spurs players' wife.

There's a weird hate for Tony (and Eva) because of their relationship. If he never married Eva and he married that bitch of a ex-girlfriend of his, I wonder if so many people would always label him "arrogant." :lmao

Who was his ex-girlfriend?

Google got me this :lol
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/assets/components/com_joomgallery/img_pictures/gossip_3660/nba_players_wives_and_girlfriends_3662/nba_wives_and_girlfriends_47_20100121_1012159665.j pg

Kori Ellis
04-24-2010, 04:41 AM

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/assets/components/com_joomgallery/img_pictures/gossip_3660/nba_players_wives_and_girlfriends_3662/nba_wives_and_girlfriends_47_20100121_1012159665.j pg

Yes. That's his ex-fiancee.

timvp
04-24-2010, 04:41 AM
He gets it from the Spurs fans. He doesn't get it from the people who hopped on the bandwagon once they started winning multiple titles.

Very true. A good litmus test to test how long someone has been a Spurs fan is to ask their opinion on Tony Parker. If they don't like him, there's a 99.9% chance that person became a fan after the championship banners started being raised.

And, conversely, Spurs fans who realize what they have in TP are the ones who lived through decades of flawed point guards and could only dream of having a player of Parker's level on the team.

Bukefal
04-24-2010, 04:47 AM
Yes. That's his ex-fiancee.

Ok. Where was she from? France?

Kori Ellis
04-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Ok. Where was she from? France?

Yes - her name is Lolo (short for Lorraine, I think).

baseline bum
04-24-2010, 04:54 AM

What the hell? That's pathetic. When I was in the bums we had great relationships with the players and their wives/gfs. I guess they have gone downhill since George Valle left.

Just curious... why is Lolo the bitch ex-girlfriend?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 04:56 AM

holy shit

that looks like fine frau material

Kori Ellis
04-24-2010, 04:58 AM

I met her a few times - she was a bitch every time :lol I'm not sure why.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-24-2010, 04:59 AM
Why do people hate on Eva so much? Sure, she's a TV actress, but she comes across as very down to earth, a real San Antonio girl. I find them a charming couple. I guess people hate on everyone and everything with little regard for actually having a decent reason. :depressed

baseline bum
04-24-2010, 05:00 AM

Oh, so she's stuck-up. I thought maybe she cheated on him or was a gold-digger or something.

Bukefal
04-24-2010, 05:04 AM

:lol Was TP with her when he met Eva?

baseline bum
04-24-2010, 05:05 AM
:lol Was TP with her when he met Eva?

The way I remember it, he was with Eva almost immediately after dumping Lolo.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2010, 05:08 AM
The way I remember it, he was with Eva almost immediately after dumping Lolo.

Lolo and Tony broke up in the offseason. Then, he met Eva in November. So it wasn't a "crossover". :lol

baseline bum
04-24-2010, 05:14 AM
Lolo and Tony broke up in the offseason. Then, he met Eva in November. So it wasn't a "crossover". :lol

I still remember the 'poor Lolo' sentiment here when he and Eva went public. I guess that's why I thought that.

timvpimp
04-24-2010, 05:14 AM
Very true. A good litmus test to test how long someone has been a Spurs fan is to ask their opinion on Tony Parker. If they don't like him, there's a 99.9% chance that person became a fan after the championship banners started being raised.

And, conversely, Spurs fans who realize what they have in TP are the ones who lived through decades of flawed point guards and could only dream of having a player of Parker's level on the team.
also you have phenol to test the other way round. if someone turned Spurs fan in the year of 2002 and didn't know literally a shit about NBA prior to that, then 80% he's from Argentina and is a Manu fan only. This test has been used millions of times on Rockets fans and proven very successful/useful.

timvpimp
04-24-2010, 05:19 AM
Oh, so she's stuck-up. I thought maybe she cheated on him or was a gold-digger or something.
Not necessarily TBH. Haven't u noticed Tony's ex looked a little like Michael Jackson? If I were tony I wouldn't even consider banging such an ugly woman like that TBH.

xapatan2
04-24-2010, 09:22 AM
One word :

Bump !

:toast

Xap'

gameFACE
04-24-2010, 09:44 AM
TP haters who focus on the whole Eva/Hollywood thing remind me why people still label San Antonio the biggest small town.

As long as Tim and Manu are here so will Tony.

MannyIsGod
04-24-2010, 11:39 AM

Nigel Knight.

jimo2305
04-24-2010, 11:43 AM
lol.. first clutch shot of his life :p

spursfan09
04-24-2010, 11:58 AM

lol....not first ignorant statement of your life. :p

Cry Havoc
04-24-2010, 12:37 PM

I'm just old enough to remember watching the Spurs play with Vinny Del Negro and Negele (SP?) Knight getting huge minutes for our team. Consequently, I absolutely love watching Tony play, and to be honest, he's my favorite Spurs player because I model my game after him. I don't know that I've ever seen another player in NBA history finish at the rim like he can. He makes some truly unbelievable shots. Last year was like a continual highlight reel for Tony. And it's forgotten by many "fans" because we weren't healthy enough in the playoffs to make a run at a title.

He finished in the top 10 in the MVP voting last year, and this year there were a deluge of people who wanted him traded. :pctoss It's unreal. Any other player on that list who would even be CONSIDERED for a trade would be blasphemy. The fans would be calling for the GM and coaches collective heads.

jimo2305
04-24-2010, 12:56 PM
lol....not first ignorant statement of your life. :p

yeesh relax i was kiddin'

i still dont like his shooting tho

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 01:43 PM

i still dont like his shooting thoDid you like it last night?

Cry Havoc
04-24-2010, 02:53 PM

i still dont like his shooting tho

Yeah man, 10-16 is just awful. Crawful?

FkLA
04-24-2010, 05:50 PM
lol @ the suggestion that people who realize and truly acknowledge the emergence of Hill (which subsequently makes Parker expendable in our eyes) are not "real" fans

Arrowch4
04-24-2010, 05:54 PM

I know I don't come around here much. I'm usually on a KU message board. But the fact that even one person wanted to trade him baffles me.

androck
04-24-2010, 05:57 PM
I am definitely not a Parker hater but he still seems a step slow. He's scoring on jump shots rather than driving inside and both Terry and Barea were crucial in the Mavs rally to take the lead late in the game, which Parker should have been defending.

baseline bum
04-24-2010, 05:59 PM

I see you became a Spurs fan after the 08-09 season started.

xapatan2
04-25-2010, 08:01 AM
2 words

Bump ! Again

:toast

Xap'

Bukefal
05-16-2010, 04:49 PM

Yes - her name is Lolo (short for Lorraine, I think).

What the hell? That's pathetic. When I was in the bums we had great relationships with the players and their wives/gfs. I guess they have gone downhill since George Valle left.

I found another pic. this is from one of those calendars right?

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5707/66779936small.jpg

But what does Tony Parker, the rising star of French basketball and new French rookie in the NBA, in Seine-et-Marne. The reason is simple, and very beautiful: it's called Loriane, and is the daughter of Peter Yvroud, the deputy mayor in charge of sports of the town. "We met at INSEP" tells TP (19), while wearing Nike. "I'm reached the age of fifteen, Loriane arrived a year later. And then ... "The rest is theirs.
Everyone has made its way INSEP after Tony left side of the PSG-Racing, while Loriane, selected in the France team junior volleyball decided everything to stop because of back problems. Their refuge is La Rochette, when Tony Parker has "regularly for three years, since Peter asked me to make good food!"

lefty
05-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Damn his ex is an ugly fuck