PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony

ChrisRichards
04-24-2010, 12:32 AM
So is this guy really a franchise player? Can a franchise really depend on him to lead a team to an NBA title? Ive been watching this guy for the past few years and to me he appears to have the mentality of a second option player. I used to think it was immaturity, but I dont know, he's way past that age now. He can't pull the "no help" excuse. Last year IMO, the Nuggets were a better team than the Lakers, but the difference was Kobe stepped up another level while Melo disappeared from the challenge.

Sure right now he's averaging 30+ pts on 50% shooting against Utah, but other than that he does'nt bring the other intangibles that makes a great player. It seems like he brings empty stats despite what the sheet shows. I already know he's not going to be in Lebron, Kobe or Wade's league, but its questionable if he can be mentioned in the same breath with Pierce when his career is done. He looks like he's going down the path of Vince Carter or maybe lower like Antawn Jamison or Cedric Ceballlos in a few more years. Great scorers, solid numbers but nothing more.

FalleNxWiZarDx
04-24-2010, 12:36 AM
why dont you try going out there do what he does?

stfu

The TroutBum
04-24-2010, 01:21 AM

stfu

Wow, what a fucking stupid response.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 01:29 AM
This is a very surprising series....props to the Jazz. I mentioned in the game thread from the other night that Utah's not a team you want to lose HCA to.

Denver is still too much of a high vs. lows team that melts down when the pressure mounts. I think Lawson was a good pickup (and a foolish gamble by Minnesota) that will pay dividends for them in the future, and guys like he and Afflalo are the beginning of pieces being placed there to balance the team out.....question will be what core pieces get removed when Denver realizes they won't bring home a championship with th blow-ups this team routinely has.

DJ Mbenga
04-24-2010, 01:59 AM
the 6'7 PF the Jazz have are raping the nuggets front line

mystargtr34
04-24-2010, 02:38 AM
Lakers own the Jazz, so id rather see the Nuggs win so we can see an exciting series. Lakers would probably win in 6 again but there's alot of emotion and tension between those two teams, it would be fun to watch as a neutral.

poop
04-24-2010, 03:43 AM

stfu

if i were 6 foot 8 with a body like he has i would be a fucking unstoppable dream master

pauls931
04-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Speaking of Carmelo. I heard he was in a 'don't snitch video' some time back. Not really an active member, but shown in a video playing hoops in the background or something along those lines. I think the video was for kids to tell them to not snitch to avoid reprucussions. Anyone know about this?

MaNuMaNiAc
04-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Speaking of Carmelo. I heard he was in a 'don't snitch video' some time back. Not really an active member, but shown in a video playing hoops in the background or something along those lines. I think the video was for kids to tell them to not snitch to avoid reprucussions. Anyone know about this?

Carmelo Anthony featured in Drug Video (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/3967329/detail.html)

hitmanyr2k
04-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Carmelo is a gunner. He can score in a variety of ways and that's pretty much it. You're not going to find a well-rounded game with him. The way he plays he reminds a lot of Kevin Durant right now except Carmelo has more of a power game while Durant is all finesse. They score a lot, are good rebounders for their size but both are horrible playmakers and the intangibles are lacking. One thing I can say for Durant is he's already much more mature than Anthony mentally and there's hope that he'll improve his overall game. Maybe he'll embrace the defensive side of the game more after he got a taste of shutting down Kobe in Game 3. Hopefully that wasn't just an anomaly. From what I've seen of Carmelo there's no hope for him to get better. If he hasn't improved the other aspects of his game by now he probably never will.

Giuseppe
04-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Maybe he'll embrace the defensive side of the game more after he got a taste of shutting down Kobe in Game 3.

A seminal moment.

I so hope it ain't the seminal moment.

Brooks didn't bring humble to this fight. He also didn't bring awe struck comedy to it. Brooks brought stoic competence to this fight. It's not personal. It's strictly business.

mogrovejo
04-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Durant has been an above average defender the entire season. Melo isn't exactly a sieve himself.