PDA

View Full Version : Mavs have never recovered from 2006 and 2007

Jacob1983
04-24-2010, 02:30 AM
I hate to admit but it's true. Dirk has never recovered from the failures of 2006 and 2007 and it obviously affects him in the playoffs. How could it not? I mean even if the refs were out to get the Mavs in the 2006 Finals, Dirk and his teammates didn't make free throws and shots when it counted especially in game 3 of the 2006 Finals. If the Mavs held onto that lead in game 3 and won the game, that series is basically over. 2007 was probably worse but not as surprising because of the Mavs' failure of 2006. I like the Mavs and want them to win this series against the Spurs but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I got my hopes up on this team back in 2006 and they let me down big time. This was a bigger let down for me as a sports fan than the 2003 NLCS. The Mavs don't have confidence. Look at all of the great teams in NBA history, they all had confidence. Jordan's Bulls, Shaq's Lakers, Duncan's Spurs, etc.... all had confidence. They knew they were the best and it drove them to championships.

Mavs_man_41
04-24-2010, 02:31 AM
pretty much well said..this team is mentally weak and it all stems from dirk simply not having "it." great player, average leader

Ghazi
04-24-2010, 02:33 AM
stackhouse/harris/howard aint on the team anymore.

Dirk has played well this series

Ghazi
04-24-2010, 02:33 AM
stackhouse/harris/howard aint on the team anymore.

Dirk has played well this series

ezau
04-24-2010, 02:38 AM
Wow. Trash talking aside, this Mavs loss has nothing to do with 06 and 07. It has something to do with Jim Carey not knowing what to do with this lineup. Fuck, the team is stacked, but he just doesn't know how to use it properly. Aside from that, the Spurs are playing so well right now and guess what, they look hungry and they're angry. I guess TP, Manu, and TD are sick and tired of getting beaten by the Mavs in the playoffs.

mavsfan1000
04-24-2010, 02:38 AM
The problem is Kidd, Butler, and Marion are all overrated. We've never recovered from losing Harris.

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 02:41 AM
The problem is Kidd, Butler, and Marion are all overrated. We've never recovered from losing Harris.

He sure is fun to watch in NJ now that he's not around in Dallas carving up TP on offense and getting to the rack at will.

Ghazi
04-24-2010, 02:42 AM

Kidd > Harris

You're on an island if you think otherwise.

Rogue
04-24-2010, 02:55 AM
You're also tempted to cosign Findog's retarded "Harris for Kidd was a bad trade" announcement? com'on...

Rogue
04-24-2010, 03:02 AM
pretty much well said..this team is mentally weak and it all stems from dirk simply not having "it." great player, average leader
then why are you still being "Mavs_man_41" which ostensibly refers to Dirk Nowitzki? You aren't talking about some guy who never wins a GAME in playoffs. It's fair to say the grizzlies also had good talents featuring the likes of Shane Battier, Bonzi Wells, Jason Williams, etc., with Pau as their leader.

FkLA
04-24-2010, 03:02 AM
all trash talk aside, you cant change destiny and choking is the mavs destiny

find a new team guys the mavs krew deserves better than this :(

Rogue
04-24-2010, 03:18 AM
all trash talk aside, you cant change destiny and choking is the mavs destiny

find a new team guys the mavs krew deserves better than this :(
WE wouldn't be real fans then, would turn band wagoners instead if that happened. Mavs krew is so gold valuable because we never give up on our team no matter how good/bad they play. The mavs fans joined our krew for the sheer love of the Mavs, so it's not the same way how Lakers and Spurs recruited their fans, or bandwagoners.

baseline bum
04-24-2010, 04:43 AM
Huh? Nowitzki was outstanding tonight. He was murdering the Spurs on that right baseline iso any time they didn't send help quickly. His teammates missed a lot of open jumpers in the 4th, which is why they lost the game.

Nowitzki is a wildly under-appreciated player. When I hear people say Dirk doesn't have "it", it always reminds me of the media who talked shit about David Robinson before he won his first title. I remember what Doc Rivers had to say about Robinson not being the vocal guy the media always wants: it was something along the lines of ``I'll take David and his 25 points and 10 boards over ML Carr waving a towel''.

Muser
04-24-2010, 06:49 AM
Mav fans blaming Dirk obviously don't watch the games.

timvpimp
04-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Mav fans blaming Dirk obviously don't watch the games.
:tu if they must get someone to blame, Dirk has to be the last in the queue IMHO. Blaming Dirk for their losses can only be taken as an forlorn attempt of humour, which doesn't sound funny at all.

MateoNeygro
04-24-2010, 07:37 AM

I think Dirk is an amazing player but that might just be right. He's awesome offensively I just don't think he can be the center of a championship team. I mean no disrespect to the Mavs or their fans but I've always thought their teams to be stacked with talent but they never do much with it.

MateoNeygro
04-24-2010, 07:39 AM

Can't believe they got rid of Harris. He was one player I truly feared on that roster. He's a great young player.

MateoNeygro
04-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Kidd > Harris

You're on an island if you think otherwise.

At this point I'd take Harris over Kidd if I was starting a team.

ulosturedge
04-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Yeah Dirk is doing his shit out there. It's his supporting cast that is lacking. Reminds me of the David Robinson days. 1 great player and a bunch of complimentary pieces. The fact that so much attention needs to be paid to them makes everyone else around them better. So when you get to the playoffs the truth of the matter comes out. Too much pressure and these complimentary pieces get exposed for what they truly are. Bird had Mchale, Magic had Kareem, Isiah had Dumars, Jordan had Pippen, yadda yadda yadda.

EmptyMan
04-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Dirk is phenomenal. I don't think it's Dirk.

BlackSwordsMan
04-24-2010, 09:15 AM
dirk scoring 35 and not 105 points yesterday is because he has PTSD from three years ago

yes yes makes sense

Giuseppe
04-24-2010, 09:45 AM
The Mavs are simply not good enough.

Cuban keeps trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. His revolving door hodge-podge is static. He "owns" from his heart. You can't do that. It's too human. It leads to nothing but heartache & sorrow, like real life when we live thru our hearts with girls and Chris Richards with other men.

Cane
04-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Kidd simply gets eaten alive out there to the point where Dallas plays JJ Barea. Marion, Butler, and Haywood seem to be trades of questionable value as well..at least against the Spurs anyway.

Dirk's been talking like this is one of his last chances and playing like it too.

Dallas has a bad coach and a lineup where they give minutes to a largely unproven rookie and JJ Barea. I was becoming a fan of the Kidd trade but it looks like he's fallen off dramatically in the past two games largely due to the Spurs defense....Devin Harris would be much better at this point.

jdev82
04-24-2010, 10:40 AM
in their defense, dirk did choke at the end.

Giuseppe
04-24-2010, 10:53 AM
It's not even a "choke." He's never delivered the goods. That's Nowitski. To keep going back to him expecting different results is foolhardy. He'd be a great third option, but, he's got no history as a champion. He's never been touched. What you see is what you're going to get. For Cuban to continually delude himself and his fanbase is a pure waste of precious time.

pauls931
04-24-2010, 11:02 AM
I know how the Mavs can win a title. Get Cuban to STFU and obey Stern like a good little boy.

clambake
04-24-2010, 11:25 AM
dirk played great.....and he's alone out there.

this coach blows. he puts in that for shit lineup and still can't find room for roddy.

Jacob1983
04-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Dirk is great but maybe it's not enough to get the Mavs a championship.

boston.balla
04-24-2010, 11:42 AM
will dirk ever leave? How much does he have on his contract?

I think if dirk leaves he goes for cavs .. lebrons and dirk on the pnr is absofuckinlutely insane, they'd completely jizz all over any defense in the league. IMHO dirk still has 2-3 years of star quality so it's a posibility. I find it sad such a GREAT talent like dirk to not have a real chance to get a ring.

And btw i think he is underrated defensively.

poop
04-24-2010, 11:46 AM
LOL everyone sounding like the series is over already...

all the mavs have to do is win the next game and they probably win the series

admiralsnackbar
04-24-2010, 12:44 PM
LOL everyone sounding like the series is over already...

all the mavs have to do is win the next game and they probably win the series

I agree there's way too much drama going on right now, but disagree there's going to be a clear winner of the series until the series is won.

And Mavs fans hating on Dirk... wtf is wrong with you?

The Third Man
04-24-2010, 07:14 PM
The Mavs could well make it to the finals this year. It's not like they can't beat the Spurs and the rest of the West looks pretty beatable.

jestersmash
04-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Why does everybody make it sound like the Spurs have this series won and done? Spurs won a game they were supposed to win.

If the spurs maintain their newly acquired "home court advantage" by winning game 4, then you guys can start assuming. Until then, it's pretty 50-50. Mavs win next game, and it continues to be 50-50. Spurs have shown they can win in dallas so a spurs loss tomorrow wouldn't automatically guarantee a mavs win (in the series) either

mavsfan1000
04-24-2010, 08:03 PM
The Mavs could well make it to the finals this year. It's not like they can't beat the Spurs and the rest of the West looks pretty beatable.
:lol Good one.