PDA

View Full Version : Marion: "I had him on clamps" (Ginobili)

alchemist
04-24-2010, 02:41 AM
"How can I be effective being pulled in and out like a rag doll," Marion said. "I'm going to go out and play hard when I step on the floor and that's all I can control. Go ask coach, you can't ask us. When I lace my shoes up I'm ready to go. I was told to stay on Ginobili. He didn't score that first half, you know what I'm saying? I had him on clamps. I was on him, but I can't control that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/columns/story?columnist=caplan_jeff&id=5131977
:elephant

*update*
Here's Marion putting "the clamps" on Ginobili in the 4th....or not

http://i44.tinypic.com/fky78p.png

http://i44.tinypic.com/8wcdq0.png

http://i44.tinypic.com/16jlqpy.png

Manu with 5 quick points, timeout called no more Marion :toast

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 02:44 AM
He also agreed with one twitter guy asking WTF about his 2nd half minutes, and another complaining about the refs.

What a puss.

crofl Marion against the Spurs in the playoffs

jaffies
04-24-2010, 02:44 AM
"How can I be effective being pulled in and out like a rag doll," Marion said. "I'm going to go out and play hard when I step on the floor and that's all I can control. Go ask coach, you can't ask us

They asked for Marion, they got him.

StoneBuddha
04-24-2010, 02:45 AM
Love it! You can feel the dissent in the Mavs locker room.

Go Spurs Go. :flag:

ChumpDumper
04-24-2010, 02:46 AM
http://www.freshegg.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/200px-clamps.jpg

NewJerSpur
04-24-2010, 02:47 AM
Spread of team dissention in 4.....3.....2.....

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 02:47 AM
The saddest part about Marion's assessment is that Ginobili was blatantly intentionally passive in that first half.

Mavs are so lucky he got his nose broken or we would have crushed them tonight.

GSH
04-24-2010, 02:48 AM
Let the in-fighting begin. When you start hearing this kind of stuff, it's time to oil up the spinning reels.

We lost the first game, so brooms are out. But there still ought to be a tradition for 4 in a row. Do you think they will let us bring Swiffers into the arena?
http://www.productreview.com.au/uploads/images/items/72515_swiffer_sweeper.jpg

ned_ryerson
04-24-2010, 02:48 AM
some players never change

Whisky Dog
04-24-2010, 02:50 AM
Caron Butler's head might be shot. Carlisle basically told him "you suck, they own you, a 5'9" messican is a better option than you". Ouch.

Manufan909
04-24-2010, 02:51 AM
The saddest part about Marion's assessment is that Ginobili was blatantly intentionally passive in that first half.

Didn't get to really watch the game, so could you explain why Manu was doing that?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 02:51 AM
According to someone I know who has followed Butler since college he's such a junk-yard dog me-against-the-world type player that a hardcore benching like this wont phase his game one iota.

Let's hope it does.

slick'81
04-24-2010, 02:52 AM
fckn cry baby

alchemist
04-24-2010, 02:52 AM
This is why I found this quote (Marion's) so hilarious.

Phenomanul
04-24-2010, 02:53 AM

Two very good points... Manu defers to Parker as the offensive initiator during periods 1-3 by design...

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 02:54 AM
Didn't get to really watch the game, so could you explain why Manu was doing that?

IMO just a generic case of a Spurs Veteran biding his time and picking his spots.

In the 2nd quarter we were going really hard to Tim at first, then we rolled out this lineup of Manu/Tony/Blair/insconsequential

And we basically ran three or four Tony-Blair pick and rolls, and I was like WTF the Manu-Blair pick and rolls is where it's at.

We ran a cluster of them with mediocre results, and the entire time each play Manu was standing there doing absolutely nothing. Parker did not even let him touch the ball. But not parker bashing, I think it was by design.

Ginobili was busy giving his 22342342343% total energy on D, racking up a clutch block on dirk, and four steals (although only 2 were credited, fuck you stat keepers).

SpursTillTheEnd
04-24-2010, 02:57 AM
Oh shit we got the mavs rattled, now if we win sunday there done

Kori Ellis
04-24-2010, 02:58 AM
Marion is having a breakdown after this game. He's always been "sensitive" to say the least, but got damn.

The Twitter thing tonight and this quote are really too much.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 03:02 AM
Marion is having a breakdown after this game. He's always been "sensitive" to say the least, but got damn.

The Twitter thing tonight and this quote are really too much.

Is it really that difficult to log out and re-log in w/ the proper name?

we all know yall get laptops in every room

Kori Ellis
04-24-2010, 03:03 AM
Is it really that difficult to log out and re-log in w/ the proper name?

we all know yall get laptops in every room

That was my proper name.

(and we only have five computers)

jaffies
04-24-2010, 03:04 AM
only

ezau
04-24-2010, 03:05 AM
Marion is crumbling again just like he did with the Suns

slick'81
04-24-2010, 03:06 AM
and we thought jefferson was bad jesus

timvp
04-24-2010, 03:09 AM
I love Shawn Marion. Especially in the playoffs.

I also love the Mavs have him locked in for four more years.

timvp
04-24-2010, 03:09 AM
Oh and Marion hasn't stopped Ginobili one time this series. The only times Ginobili doesn't score on Marion is when the Mavs blitz and Ginobili passes the ball.

lol clamps

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 03:13 AM
That was my proper name.

(and we only have five computers)

my only reason for doubting was the "got damn" cuz I never seen you use that one only elly

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 03:14 AM
How many times has Marion been owned by the Spurs in the playoffs?

is that it? or am i missing one

Kori Ellis
04-24-2010, 03:17 AM
my only reason for doubting was the "got damn" cuz I never seen you use that one only elly

I use it sometimes, but not generally on the forum.

SpursTillTheEnd
04-24-2010, 03:18 AM
how many times has marion been owned by the spurs in the playoffs?

is that it? Or am i missing one

50 cent
04-24-2010, 03:19 AM
Ruh Roh.....sounds like trouble in paradise.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2010, 03:20 AM
How many times has Marion been owned by the Spurs in the playoffs?

is that it? or am i missing one

Bowen's destruction of Marion in 2005 counts for at least two or three times:

Against Spurs, 7.8 ppg on 39%. (Over the first two rounds he had averaged over 22ppg on over 50% shooting)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-24-2010, 03:24 AM
IMO just a generic case of a Spurs Veteran biding his time and picking his spots.

In the 2nd quarter we were going really hard to Tim at first, then we rolled out this lineup of Manu/Tony/Blair/insconsequential

And we basically ran three or four Tony-Blair pick and rolls, and I was like WTF the Manu-Blair pick and rolls is where it's at.

We ran a cluster of them with mediocre results, and the entire time each play Manu was standing there doing absolutely nothing. Parker did not even let him touch the ball. But not parker bashing, I think it was by design.

Ginobili was busy giving his 22342342343% total energy on D, racking up a clutch block on dirk, and four steals (although only 2 were credited, fuck you stat keepers).

Nice analysis of what happened. :tu

I love Shawn Marion. Especially in the playoffs.

I also love the Mavs have him locked in for four more years.

Yup. He disappeared for the Suns against us year after year, and now he's doing the same thing for the Mavs. Matrix my arse! :lol

Oh and Marion hasn't stopped Ginobili one time this series. The only times Ginobili doesn't score on Marion is when the Mavs blitz and Ginobili passes the ball.

lol clamps

LJ, meet Lolclamps:

:lmao

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2010, 03:24 AM

So essentially he's faced and been owned by us in years we later went on to win a championship :stirpot:

MateoNeygro
04-24-2010, 03:44 AM
LOL Matrix, what a failure.

TDMVPDPOY
04-24-2010, 03:53 AM
lol@the matress still talkin like his a top defensive stopperR?

baseline bum
04-24-2010, 04:16 AM
Same old Marion from Phoenix... emphasis on old. With all the Spurs killers on that team I'm glad they have one of San Antonio's main bitches to balance it out.

taps
04-24-2010, 04:17 AM

:lmao Want me to give him the clamps?

The Mavs built this team to beat the Spurs and the Lakers, just like we did. Didn't they notice he's 0 - sideways8 lifetime in the playoffs against us?

exstatic
04-24-2010, 04:22 AM

lol clamps

THIS. Manu's too smart to fall for that shit He just makes them commit to the hard double, and then makes a nice wraparound pass for someone else to get an EASY layup or a dunk. Players who's stat line includes -17 probably shouldn't talk shit about PT.

exstatic
04-24-2010, 04:23 AM
Same old Marion from Phoenix... emphasis on old. With all the Spurs killers on that team I'm glad they have one of San Antonio's main bitches to balance it out.

Actually, they keep getting rid of their Spurs killers. JHo was but the latest one shipped out.

blizz
04-24-2010, 07:03 AM
call amber clamps

spursrocks
04-24-2010, 07:34 AM
marion sucks!

ElNono
04-24-2010, 08:27 AM
To think this cat left SSOL because he didn't get enough touches. I can't even think what his ego looks like right now that he can't even see floor time...

SenorSpur
04-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Gotta love that Mavs team harmony. Carlisle's personnel decisions probably should be questioned, but Marion calling out his coach on social media is a chicken-shit thing to do. Now the shit has gone viral.

Dirk has already publically commented that the team got "selfish down the stretch in Game #2. Everyone was trying to mount a comeback on their own." Now this. I hope all of those guys start looking over their shoulders, while on the court.

Keep up the good work, Mavs!

Solid D
04-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Marion in particular made quite a few mistakes on offense, particularly early in the game. There were a series of successive trips where Marion turned it over. Manu knocked the ball loose and Marion lost it o/b. Marion posted up, Manu trapped from the baseline and ripped the ball out of his hands. Marion led the fast break, was cut off, backed in and tried to rifle a pass to a trailing Nowitzki and threw it away. Shawn wasn't very sharp on offense. Nor was Caron. Carlisle then replaced Marion with JT and the Mavs went smaller with Roddy, Terry and Kidd (guarding RJ).

EricB
04-24-2010, 08:53 AM
I was scared that beaubois would torch em but he was relatively quiet.

Solid D
04-24-2010, 09:05 AM
I was scared that beaubois would torch em but he was relatively quiet.

Yep, and Parker torched him on offense.

TheProfessor
04-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Embarrassing behavior. I wonder how RC will react after being called out publicly by a player.

pjjrfan
04-24-2010, 09:48 AM

I thought he was aggressive but he seemed out of control. And after a while he was just settling for out side shots then he got hurt. the truth is that Manu has been Manu for spurts thankfully those spurts came in late in the games when we needed him the most.

Solid D
04-24-2010, 09:54 AM
I thought he was aggressive but he seemed out of control. And after a while he was just settling for out side shots then he got hurt. the truth is that Manu has been Manu for spurts thankfully those spurts came in late in the games when we needed him the most.

Yeah, Manu wasn't finishing well until the 4th quarter (9 points) but he had 7 assists and Tim was the receiver of several of those dimes.

Warlord23
04-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Marion is a joke at this point when he plays against the Spurs. Manu owns his overrated ass. He may need therapy after this series when Manu is done with him.

ohmwrecker
04-24-2010, 09:59 AM
The Mavs are falling apart psychologically. You can actually see it happening. I am really enjoying this.

VBM
04-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Let the in-fighting begin. When you start hearing this kind of stuff, it's time to oil up the spinning reels.

We lost the first game, so brooms are out. But there still ought to be a tradition for 4 in a row. Do you think they will let us bring Swiffers into the arena?
http://www.productreview.com.au/uploads/images/items/72515_swiffer_sweeper.jpg

Someone anti-jinx this quick...otherwise Barea will go for 30 on Sunday

Cane
04-24-2010, 10:28 AM
How many shitty NBA players have been tweeting about defending Manu this season?

GSH
04-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Someone anti-jinx this quick...otherwise Barea will go for 30 on Sunday

Sorry, I don't want to jinx us. No more talk about brooms or Swiffers.

But this is what Game 4 is going to look like:

http://www.failpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/midgetfail.gif

DAF86
04-24-2010, 11:03 AM
yeah, manu wasn't finishing well until the 4th quarter (9 points) but he had 7 assists and tim was the receiver of several of those dimes.

11 pts :D

Avitus1
04-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Manu just had a bad night... he'll be better then ever next game..

Ariel
04-24-2010, 11:31 AM

Right on. That first quarter, whatever Manu didn't steal, he disrupted. And Marion's claim... lol. He's been posterized by Manu so many times you'd think he'd know better.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Seeing Marion and Diaw be huge cancers for their current team in the playoffs this year has given me great satisfaction. I'd take the current Spurs over the current Suns in a series, but the Suns have a better chance than they would if this fuckstick still played a major role on the team. Good riddance, you choking pussy.

Whisky Dog
04-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Marion in particular made quite a few mistakes on offense, particularly early in the game. There were a series of successive trips where Marion turned it over. Manu knocked the ball loose and Marion lost it o/b. Marion posted up, Manu trapped from the baseline and ripped the ball out of his hands. Marion led the fast break, was cut off, backed in and tried to rifle a pass to a trailing Nowitzki and threw it away. Shawn wasn't very sharp on offense. Nor was Caron. Carlisle then replaced Marion with JT and the Mavs went smaller with Roddy, Terry and Kidd (guarding RJ).

So you're saying it was Manu holding the clamps?

will_spurs
04-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Marion is having a breakdown after this game.

Do you think Tony glared at him too? :rollin

jestersmash
04-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Ginobili took wide open 3s to start the game, both of which he missed. It had little to do with dallas defense.

Then, there was a drive to the basket that ginobili woud've made 90% of the time, this was simply the other 10% where it barely missed.

That accounts for 0-3 start from him, I don't remember his fourth missed shot, but after that he made one (1-5)

Missed two in the 3rd that could be attributed to dallas defense, and then went to work in the fourth.

ceperez
04-24-2010, 03:24 PM
According to someone I know who has followed Butler since college he's such a junk-yard dog me-against-the-world type player that a hardcore benching like this wont phase his game one iota.

Let's hope it does.

Agree here. Butler has the fortitude to survive the benching.

He's a real good player.

I think his only flaw is that he doesn't always pick the easiest shot.

He's the key for the Mav's to win, keep Butler from contributing and we win.

Baseline
04-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Manu kicked the clamps off. They're now on Butler's throat.

We always see this type of behavior/attitude from the Mavs, regardless of who the players are that particular year.

It's because Cuban is such a spoiled little whiner, and he's so unnaturally close to the players that his attitude rubs off on them too much. their first instinct is to whine, rather than fight.

spursfan1000
04-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Marion had him on check according to him but we still won. :downspin:

Cry Havoc
04-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Butler is the key to this series for the Mavs. Marion is done. If Butler doesn't step up, it's over.

angelbelow
04-24-2010, 04:37 PM

One of my fondest memories of that championship year.

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Do you think Tony glared at him too? :rollin

:lol

senorglory
04-24-2010, 06:07 PM
[IMG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/td4evar/clamps.jpg

androck
04-24-2010, 06:09 PM

This cannot be overstated: Marion was a legitimate All-NBA player in 2005 and that was the best Suns team ever (even better than the Barkley-KJ years). Without Bowen shutting down Marion there's no way the Spurs get past them.