PDA

View Full Version : Let's not get ahead of ourselves

Horse
04-24-2010, 09:04 AM
I think we're getting a little cocky, let's stay humble and it will be much sweeter if we pull it off. These fuckers won't go away easy. So the Spurs and everyone here cannot get overconfident :flag:

Solid D
04-24-2010, 09:10 AM
I think we're getting a little cocky, let's stay humble and it will be much sweeter if we pull it off. These ******s won't go away easy. So the Spurs and everyone here cannot get overconfident :flag:

Good policy. :tu

MaNu4Tres
04-24-2010, 09:13 AM
I think we're getting a little cocky, let's stay humble and it will be much sweeter if we pull it off. These fuckers won't go away easy. So the Spurs and everyone here cannot get overconfident :flag:

:tu

Game 4 is going to be another war...This is probably the deepest/most talented Mavs team Spurs have faced. They won't go down without a fight.

xellos88330
04-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Agreed. Spurs need to keep their intensity up because Dallas will be bringin it for Game 4.

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 09:20 AM
If they lose tomorrow then everything is just back where it started, and the Mavs will have the momentum.

This is probably the deepest/most talented Mavs team Spurs have faced.

Hopefully Carlisle will forget he can sub for players again.

EricB
04-24-2010, 09:20 AM
This game was pretty much a repeat of game 1, the spurs just executed better offensively and defensively. Hopefully game 4 is a repeat of game 2 for the spurs...

CubanMustGo
04-24-2010, 09:25 AM
This game was pretty much a repeat of game 1, the spurs just executed better offensively and defensively. Hopefully game 4 is a repeat of game 2 for the spurs...

I'd be happy with a repeat of Game 3 except with the Spurs hitting a few threes this time. :toast

Xevious
04-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Agreed. This series is still going 7 games IMO.

TJastal
04-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Nah I think we need a few more Rummpd "Spurs will crush everyone in every game from now on" threads..

I kid..

MaNu4Tres
04-24-2010, 09:38 AM
If they lose tomorrow then everything is just back where it started, and the Mavs will have the momentum.

Agreed...It would turn to a best of 3 series with Mavs having the momentum and home court 2 of the 3 games...

Game 4 is a must win for the Spurs...Time to go for the kill.

antgomez2009
04-24-2010, 09:47 AM
:tu, Us fans have to be a mirror of our team, act professional, and stay humble!!!!

The Mavs are no roll over team, they have great talent, great leaders and a desire to beat the SPURS!!!

The Spurs need to stay focus, and play hard each possession!

last nights game was def. a playoff game! great all around!!!!!

humble people, stay humble because it can all change after next game! (PS ill be there Sunday evening rooting for the SPURS!!!) :violin

Morg1411
04-24-2010, 09:57 AM

+1

Mavs are going to come thundering back in Game 4, and our boys need to be focused and ready to serve them a bitch slap of epic proportions.

Frenzy
04-24-2010, 10:19 AM

so you want use to the the opposite of what the mav fans are doing before the series started ?:lol

wut
04-24-2010, 10:32 AM
It's like someone else mentioned earlier, its a fans job to be excited for their team, and the team's job to take care of business.

Sure some fans need to put things in perspective, but be happy we're up and our team is mostly healthy, it's all we can ask for as fans.

It's not like anything we say here matters to who wins/loses games.

Cane
04-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Mavs are a great ballclub but the Spurs still managed to win despite not hitting a single three pointer.

The Spurs have been winning games the way basketball was meant to be played; in the paint.

The Spurs are much more tough by that alone. Gotta respect the Mavs but the Spurs seem to be better.

NickiRasgo
04-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Nice.

boutons_deux
04-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Remember that the Spurs were down 1-3 in 06 and took the next 2 games. These Mavs could very well do the same, esp with the Mavs being the league's best road team.

What's really wonderful is that the Spurs have for a few years now been dependent on a high 3G %age. 0% would have nearly always lost. These are different kind of Spurs.

dbreiden83080
04-24-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm getting amped up for sure

Last night was a hell of a game. Hopefully all these minutes does not beat us to shit as we go forward..

florige
04-24-2010, 11:26 AM
+1

Mavs are going to come thundering back in Game 4, and our boys need to be focused and ready to serve them a bitch slap of epic proportions.

I'm sorry the girl in your sig totally distracted me. I still think this series is going 7 games. Hope not, but I think so. Carlise is a good coach.

Spursmania
04-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely not cocky. Confident but cautiously so.

The Mavs are going to come out swinging and Manu's broken nose has me worried as hell. It will be swollen and difficult to play with if it's not displaced. If it's displaced and he has to have something done then he might not even play.

This could be really serious. Even if doesn't have to have surgery, his nose will be inflamed and tender as hell. Not sure he can be the same attacking Manu we have seen in this series.

This series is definitely not over by any means.

Bruno
04-24-2010, 11:40 AM
The first 3 games have shown that both teams are very close. Mavs have also a lot of guys who can play way better. It's far from being over and Dallas could very well win this series.

Bukefal
04-24-2010, 11:44 AM

You are right, we shouldnt jump too early. I hope we'll pull it off. :flag:

jimo2305
04-24-2010, 12:00 PM
ahh.. nice to still see some humble fellow spurs fans on this forum..

this series is far from over.. dallas is one heckuva team that im sure wont' go down easy..

they're not battling injuries like we were last year.. so this isn't exactly turning the tables compared to last playoffs..

Stamm32089
04-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Hopefully Carlisle will forget he can sub for players again.

LOL, I hope so. Barea 32 minutes...Caron/Marion 32 minutes combined...WTF.

Dex
04-24-2010, 12:15 PM
:tu

Great to be in the driver seat, but there is still a lot of work to be done ahead. Just as the momentum has shifted in this series, it can just as easily shift back with a Dallas win, and I'd rather not be looking forward to a Best-of-3 series with HCA in Dallas.

Spurs need to keep their heads down, because Sunday has become the new Biggest Game of the Season.

Budkin
04-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Agree that it's FAR from over... this is a good Mavs team and they aren't going anywhere without a fight... but you can tell the Spurs WANT it. Maybe they can finally get some revenge for 2006.