PDA

View Full Version : Parker Interview: TP9.net

siraulo23
04-24-2010, 09:51 AM
« An important and huge victory » (http://en.tp9.net/%C2%AB-an-important-and-huge-victory-%C2%BB-334)

Thanks to a decisive Tony Parker (23 points), San Antonio is now leading the series 2-1 vs Dallas.

Tony, after Game 2, you were saying that tonight’s game was crucial for the rest of the series and the Spurs won Dallas 94-90…
It was a very big game. I told you on Wednesday that Game 3 would give the rhythm to the series. Leading 2-1 puts confidence on our side now. We had a blank in the 3rd quarter, and Dallas led before the last quarter. But we were decisive in the last minutes. It’s an important and huge victory.

Since the series started you show San Antonio is not dead and that only a big Dallas team will kick you out.
We have always been confident. Before the series started, we’ve never thought beating Dallas was impossible. But we also knew that Dallas was a big team and that they could kick us out anytime. The winner of the series will have to play at its best to continue in the playoffs.

You were decisive by scoring 9 of your 23 points in the last 3 minutes of the game. How did you feel at the end of the game?
I scored for the first time at 2’30 before the end. One minute later, I was alone in the corner. Tim (Duncan) passed the ball and I scored. When you make 2 important shoots in only one minute, you’re instantaneously confident. That’s why “Pop” built the system for me on the next offense. Dallas decided to be on Manu Ginobili and I took advantage of it.

Even if the series is far from being over, and at the end of a difficult season for you, it’s the kind of the moment you must be enjoying.
Yes it’s true. I’m not going to deny the pleasure I feel after all the injuries I had all along the season. But I know how playoffs work and so I know you can’t get too excited. On Sunday, at 6.00pm we all know that Dallas will do everything they can to win at the AT&T Center. They won’t let go.

Manu Ginobili had a nose fracture. Any worry for next game?
No, Manu will be there. He’s a competitor. Indeed, he showed how competitive he was tonight coming back in the 4th quarter. He was awesome.

Now you have the possibility to leave no options to the Mavericks before going back to Dallas.
A victory could put them in great difficulties. A 3-1 scenario would be very complicated for them. But to make it happen, we’ll have to play at our best again. Dallas is not the kind of team to collapse easily.

http://en.tp9.net/%C2%AB-an-important-and-huge-victory-%C2%BB-334

StrangeCheez
04-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Glad he's confident about Manu playing on Sunday.