PDA

View Full Version : If Manu's Nose effects his play, We lose this series

Spursmania
04-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Seriously, all you guys saying he's super Manu and he will play no matter what and not be affected are delusional.

Manu is fantastic and has the heart of a Champion. But if he has to wear a mask and/or his nose is displaced, we are fucked. This will effect his play and we will no longer see a truly effective Manu driving in and taking the hits.

Pray Spur fans, pray. This is a best of 5 series and this thing could go to hell in a handbasket if we lose tomorrow.

The edit was for shoogabear:toast

Amuseddaysleeper
04-24-2010, 02:05 PM
He scored 11 points in the 4th and I doubt he's gonna wear a mask.

We'll be fine.

word
04-24-2010, 02:06 PM
He should do a Ronnie Lott.

jestersmash
04-24-2010, 02:09 PM
thanks for the jinx thread dumbass

EricB
04-24-2010, 02:10 PM
The only thing that would affect manu's play would be a leg injury......

dbreiden83080
04-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Manu is a warrior and we are not fucked, he'll be fine. It's not a leg injury (Knock on wood)

He played with it newly busted last night, he'll be ready..

VBM
04-24-2010, 02:14 PM
With the size of that nose, I doubt it's the first time he's had to deal with being elbowed in the face. He'll be alright.

dbreiden83080
04-24-2010, 02:15 PM
He should do a Ronnie Lott.

Cut the nose off.. :lol

pookenstein
04-24-2010, 02:17 PM
He scored 11 points in the 4th and I doubt he's gonna wear a mask.

We'll be fine.

Yeah, but you can't underestimate the amount of adrenaline flowing during the game. I suppose he didn't even think about his nose while playing.
A lot of time to think about what can happen in game 4.
I doubt that he'll be affected in a big way, but it's not impossible.

Also you can't rule out that assholes like Terry will try to hit that thing Manu calls a nose...

dbreiden83080
04-24-2010, 02:20 PM
pop some pain pills and suit up

I doubt it's a big problem

Deimosfobos
04-24-2010, 02:31 PM
The only thing that would affect manu's play would be a leg injury......

WTF!!!??

DON'T EVEN MENTION SUCH A THING!!! EVER!!! :bang

PS: Sorry for the caps... but come on...

boutons_deux
04-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Manu has a great nose for the game.

TampaDude
04-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Manu NOSE how to win. We'll be fine.

Avitus1
04-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Manu NOSE how to win. We'll be fine.

:lmao Brilliant.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2010, 03:44 PM
The only thing that might affect him is he will need to adjust to a mask (if he's getting one). Otherwise, he'll be fine.

kaji157
04-24-2010, 04:01 PM
I don´t think he wears a mask, most likely he just anesthies it so there is no pain through the game.

daslicer
04-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Just like Kori said I think the mask might effect him early on is wearing mask and thats if he is required to wear it. Other guys have played well with masks before such as Rip Hamilton, Luscious Harris back with the nets, and even the hated Jason Terry. If those guys can play well with the mask then Manu should be able to.

Buddy Holly
04-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Seriously, all you guys saying he's super Manu and he will play no matter what and not be effected are delusional.

Manu is fantastic and has the heart of a Champion. But if he has to wear a mask and/or his nose is displaced, we are fucked. This will effect his play and we will no longer see a truly effective Manu driving in and taking the hits.

Pray Spur fans, pray. This is a best of 5 series and this thing could go to hell in a handbasket if we lose tomorrow.

http://files.shroomery.org/files/09-48/904394783-Calm_down_bro-DWrvfmLVFfKK0S1yir7V.jpg

Buddy Holly
04-24-2010, 04:05 PM
http://files.shroomery.org/files/09-48/904394783-Calm_down_bro-DWrvfmLVFfKK0S1yir7V.jpg

spursfan1000
04-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Dude his nose is strong like Duncan said in interview...and plus how will his nose affect his play?:lol

Spursmania
04-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Dude his nose is strong like Duncan said in interview...and plus how will his nose affect his play?:lol

Yeah, you're right. No problem. His nose injury shouldn't affect his play whatsoever. :bang

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 04:14 PM
affect

spursfan1000
04-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah, you're right. No problem. His nose injury shouldn't affect his play whatsoever. :bang

What part of basketball do you use your nose for?

siraulo23
04-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Pop: Ginobili will play in Game 4 (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Pop_Ginobili_will_play_in_Game_4.html)

“He’s not sure he wants to wear a mask,” Popovich said. “We’re going to try to fit him, and do what you do in these situations. I’m really not sure what’s going to happen in the end, but he’s going to play with it.”

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Pop_Ginobili_will_play_in_Game_4.html

thispego
04-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Seriously, all you guys saying he's super Manu and he will play no matter what and not be affected are delusional.

The edit was for shoogabear:toast

ok, dr. neverbrokehisnose

:rolleyes

spursfan1000
04-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Pop: Ginobili will play in Game 4 (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Pop_Ginobili_will_play_in_Game_4.html)

“He’s not sure he wants to wear a mask,” Popovich said. “We’re going to try to fit him, and do what you do in these situations. I’m really not sure what’s going to happen in the end, but he’s going to play with it.”

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Pop_Ginobili_will_play_in_Game_4.html

Heart of a warrior :toast

EmptyMan
04-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Give him adrenaline shots before/during the game.

If it's like any other injury, it is hurting a hell of a lot more today than it was last night.

exstatic
04-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I don´t think he wears a mask, most likely he just anesthies it so there is no pain through the game.

Did you see the pics? Check out the "batman mask" thread. That wasn't some hairline fracture. It was visibly displaced. One of the Mavs whacked it for that last intentional foul, and he was in obvious pain and missed his only FT of the night.

I think he'll wear a mask. For a nose, I don't think you need full face. Maybe just like a Green Lantern upper face only job.

Cane
04-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Manu's nose will effect his play. It will make him Super Manu.

ShoogarBear
04-24-2010, 05:09 PM
I think he'll wear a mask. For a nose, I don't think you need full face. Maybe just like a Green Lantern upper face only job.

Think Richard Hamilton:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3087/3138768745_e02845e316_o.jpg

Shastafarian
04-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Man Dirk's elbows are wrecking people left and right. I heard Carl Landry was interviewed after the game last night. Apparently he said, "At leafffft he thhhhtill hatthh all hitthh teeffff left."

Spursmania
04-28-2010, 07:17 PM
I told some delusional fans that his nose would "AFFECT" (for shoogabear) his play.
Let's hope he does whatever it takes to get going tomorrow or we are toast.

DesignatedT
04-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Those 11 pts in the 4th quarter of game 3 were more of an adrenaline rush and the nose hadn't really started to hurt him yet.

It's pretty obvious the nose has effected his play as of late. Hope he starts feeling better and starts to be aggressive. He has looked awful the last 2 games.

Russ
04-28-2010, 08:01 PM
I told some delusional fans that his nose would "AFFECT" (for shoogabear) his play.
Let's hope he does whatever it takes to get going tomorrow or we are toast.

My gut says Manu comes up big in Game 6 (win or lose). This is a must game and Manu will surmise that further injury won't matter because there is no tomorrow.

Manu is so old-fashioned, such an anachronism, that he desperately wants to reward the Spurs for that contract extension.

vander
04-28-2010, 08:08 PM
nose... ankle... knee... fatigue...

it's always something with that guy :rolleyes

:stirpot:

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-28-2010, 08:32 PM
affect

Nice to see I'm not the only one around here who still respects the language. ;)

Affect: to act on; produce an effect or change in. Eg. Cold weather affected the crops.

Effect: something that is produced by an agency or cause; result; consequence. Eg. Exposure to the sun had the effect of toughening his skin.

spursfan1000
04-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Nice to see I'm not the only one around here who still respects the language. ;)

Affect: to act on; produce an effect or change in. Eg. Cold weather affected the crops.

Effect: something that is produced by an agency or cause; result; consequence. Eg. Exposure to the sun had the effect of toughening his skin.

Does it really matter? This isn't school you know. It would be different if someone on here was trying to talk all hood or something.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Does it really matter? This isn't school you know. It would be different if someone on here was trying to talk all hood or something.

It matters to me, and obviously Shoogarbear. I'd vouch that it matters to a lot of others, but they've become so used to the pathetic use of English on the net that they no longer bother to comment. I usually don't bother either, but I figured I could educate some people about the difference between the two words, thus my post.

As for hood talkers, go to the NBA forum or reference any post by tothrowed - the place is full of it.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Did I hear correctly last weekend that Manu will definitely need surgery, he's just putting it off until the postseason is over?

Damn why did this have to happen. Sucks so badly.

Chico
04-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Manu Ginosebleed...

LakerLanny
04-28-2010, 11:42 PM
The only thing that might affect him is he will need to adjust to a mask (if he's getting one). Otherwise, he'll be fine.

He should wear a mask over that Beak all the time, dude looks like an armadillo.

rascal
04-29-2010, 04:31 AM
No doubt it makes him less agressive because he doesn't want to get it hit again, then he is out for good. So mentally it works to hurt his game, also not sure how much pain he feels when he jumps and lands. It was a bad break for the spurs.

Bob Lanier
04-29-2010, 05:17 AM
It matters to me, and obviously Shoogarbear. I'd vouch that it matters to a lot of others, but they've become so used to the pathetic use of English on the net that they no longer bother to comment. I usually don't bother either, but I figured I could educate some people about the difference between the two words, thus my post.

As for hood talkers, go to the NBA forum or reference any post by tothrowed - the place is full of it.
U sound butthurt, brah.

LnGrrrR
04-29-2010, 06:01 AM
Simple reminder: You AFFECT an EFFECT. :)

rpduke
04-29-2010, 06:05 AM
They said on tv that he doesn't need surgery, but that if he would've he would postpone it until after the season.

stéphane
04-29-2010, 06:16 AM
Never broke my nose so far but I was wondering...
When you just broke it recently like Manu do you have trouble breathing easily?
Because obviously when you can't breathe normally it has an effect on your muscles...

flacura
04-29-2010, 10:54 AM
:rollin
Manu Ginosebleed...

flacura
04-29-2010, 10:55 AM
nose... ankle... knee... fatigue...

it's always something with that guy :rolleyes

:stirpot:

Yes, you are right, but you forget that

Manu = Championships :lobt:

silverblackfan
04-29-2010, 11:00 AM
I think Manu is going to give it all tonight. He has had almost a week to adjust to his injury.

flacura
04-29-2010, 11:03 AM
I think Manu is going to give it all tonight. He has had almost a week to adjust to his injury.

yeahhh, he has enough nose for a couple of people :bang

Naelven
04-29-2010, 11:29 AM
What part of basketball do you use your nose for?

Breathing.
He mentionned that he was bothered while breathing in an interview.
Not to mention that if someone punch him in the noose again, he will be probably out of the game even with his warrior's heart.